so i like the phone - the antenna is not as good as my curve (drops signals while underground), but really a good phone.
    however there are a few things i just can't figure out for the life of me, nor can i find answers online:

1 - smart contact?
    i send myself (mr philips) emails all day long cause i have 0 short term memory. like 20 times a day. however, wheni start typing in my name in the contact field of the email, i get all the other mr's i know coming up - people i will contact once in a million years. i have to get all the way to "mr phi-" before it narrows down the list to me. how am i not the most obvious "M" contact by now? can't i make the contacts "smart"?

2 - why these three?
    when i hit the phone button, i get the list of recent phone calls, but at the top there are three icons - voicemail (makes sense); XXXX company (a company i occasionally call... but not a "favourite"), and my sister. she's a'ight. but why these three "hot-picks"? i did not chose these, they are not favourited and when i favourite my favourite contacts, they only appear across the top in the contacts app, not the phone app. can i change this?

3 - late reminders
    when i click the "remind me again in 15min" button on a reminder, it might pop up 15 minutes later. or a day later, or 8.2 hours... random times. i just got a reminder from yesterday evening and it is 4pm the next day. how can i fix this?

4 - prioritize the phone!
    i usually call a places that require further choices - dial 1 for the directory, etc. i send myself a lot of reminders (no short term memory - i may have stated that before) which tend to pop up... sometimes randomly (see 3). as a result, when i go to use the dial pad i have to "remind again in 15min" a bunch of reminders and the phone system hangs up on me because i haven't responded. can't i prioritize the phone app over the reminders? isn't there a sense of urgency that can be assumed while i'm actually on the phone?

sorry to dump a bunch of issues at once, but i have been looking for fixes one by one and haven't had much luck...
    04-09-14 03:38 PM

2 - why these three?
    when i hit the phone button, i get the list of recent phone calls, but at the top there are three icons - voicemail (makes sense); XXXX company (a company i occasionally call... but not a "favourite"), and my sister. she's a'ight. but why these three "hot-picks"? i did not chose these, they are not favourited and when i favourite my favourite contacts, they only appear across the top in the contacts app, not the phone app. can i change this?
    I can address this one for you. Those 3 items at the top of your call screen are not the same as the Favorites at the top of the Contacts screen. They're Speed Dial entries. The Voicemail is a built-in speed dial. The other two have somehow been seleted as speed dial entries. You can remove them by tapping and holding one until the menu pops out from the right side. Tap the "Remove from speed dial" option. Repeat for the other entry.

To add Speed dial entries, you can press and hold a number/name from your recent calls list, then select "Add to speed dial" from the pop out menu. Or, go to the Contacts tab at the bottom of the phone app, select a contact, press and hold, then select the "add to speed dial" from the pop out.

Hope this helps.
    04-09-14 03:55 PM
    For number 1, I'm pretty sure the more you type the more the choices are narrowed down. So just type MRP for example and it should narrow it down for you.

Posted via CB10
    04-09-14 06:23 PM
    Number 1 annoys the heck out of me too. I get email addresses in the list when I start typing that aren't even in my contacts. That just ticks me off actually. I have myself in contacts and just label it as me so I don't have to type too many letters and I have to scroll through the crap to find it because it's pulling email addresses from my incoming mail that I don't have as a contact nor want as one.
    04-10-14 06:45 AM
    one more to add...

5 - email favourites added for no reason?
    when i start writing an email, the Z30 "suggests" two contacts that i might like to CC - my boss and XXXX company stated above.
    it's a nice idea - the sort of thing i would want it to remeber, however these choices are agin random BB choices, not choices i have requested.
    if this worked the way it should - smart - it would suggest me as i send 90% of my mail to myself. not my boss or this random company.
    04-10-14 10:58 AM
    I can address this one for you. Those 3 items at the top of your call screen are not the same as the Favorites at the top of the Contacts screen. They're Speed Dial entries. The Voicemail is a built-in speed dial. The other two have somehow been seleted as speed dial entries. You can remove them by tapping and holding one until the menu pops out from the right side. Tap the "Remove from speed dial" option. Repeat for the other entry.

To add Speed dial entries, you can press and hold a number/name from your recent calls list, then select "Add to speed dial" from the pop out menu. Or, go to the Contacts tab at the bottom of the phone app, select a contact, press and hold, then select the "add to speed dial" from the pop out.

Hope this helps.
    it did!
    issue number 2 resolved.
    04-10-14 11:00 AM
    For number 1, I'm pretty sure the more you type the more the choices are narrowed down. So just type MRP for example and it should narrow it down for you.

Posted via CB10
    this is true, but as i have a number of family members with my last name and a number of colleagues with my first name, i'm burried down the list. i guess i could try to give myself a moniker or something very unique to make it choose me first, but the way i figure, an intuitive program would start to put your most likely choices a little higher up... like put me first when i start typing "p", then all the other Ps alphabetically. but i guess i'm just whining now.
    04-10-14 11:03 AM