So idk about you guys but I hope the aristo comes with an LCD screen not that amoled jive, anyone else agree?

Z10? Why yes it is.
    05-16-13 07:47 PM
    What don't you like about AMOLED?
    I can't say I know much about it, other than it looked nice on the Q10 for the 8 minutes or so in total I've played with one.
    05-16-13 07:55 PM
    Well the colors just look fake, over saturated, the brightness level isn't high at all either, and in the sunlight we all know it suffers. LCD is way sharper Imo, colors are very accurate, the only advantage the amoled has Imo is the blacks and battery life.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    jon4400 likes this.
    05-16-13 07:58 PM
    To be honest... I don't really care. Never had negative experiences with either one, though I have heard some "horror stories" about burn-in and what not on AMOLED, but never actually seen it happen with my friend's devices. I just hope they bump the resolution above 720p. I know they told the developers they wouldn't mess with resolutions to help make developing UI's easy, but all the flagships are going 1080p now, so it would be a pretty poor move to have anything lower I think.
    05-16-13 07:59 PM
    Yeah if it's 720 bro I won't get it, that's the deal breaker for me, especially for a bigger screen 720p doesn't cut it.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    05-16-13 08:00 PM
    What don't you like about AMOLED?
    I can't say I know much about it, other than it looked nice on the Q10 for the 8 minutes or so in total I've played with one.
    White looks better which is important for my reading; AMOLED white looks blue beside LCD. AMOLED becomes dimmer with time, it will lose its brightness as you use it more. LCD is sharper at the same resolution and is more accurate color wise. The only pro to me is black levels for AMOLED.
    05-16-13 08:23 PM
    Exactly ^

Z10? Why yes it is.
    05-16-13 08:33 PM
    My Q10 with OLED will be here today.

I will test what it looks like in the Australian sun

Blackberry Faithful - #TeamBlackBerry
    05-16-13 08:53 PM
    Oh yeah and LCD has better visibility than OLED because it is brighter
    05-17-13 01:37 PM
    I just hope it doesn't have that yellow tint like the Z10 has . I really want to switch back to BlackBerry, but I'm gonna need them to come correct with the screen...
    05-19-13 11:52 PM
    I just hope it doesn't have that yellow tint like the Z10 has . I really want to switch back to BlackBerry, but I'm gonna need them to come correct with the screen...
    The one I have is fine but I have seen some that appear more yellow. Seen the same for iphones as well. I doubt you will see yellow tinting on AMOLED, you'll see blue whites
    05-20-13 09:06 AM
    Yellow tint? You sure about that?

Z10? Why yes it is.
    phastnphuryus likes this.
    05-20-13 09:27 AM
    Well the colors just look fake, over saturated, the brightness level isn't high at all either, and in the sunlight we all know it suffers. LCD is way sharper Imo, colors are very accurate, the only advantage the amoled has Imo is the blacks and battery life.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    I can speak only based on my experience with the S4, but:
    - Over-saturation is a non-issue (there are presets that make the colors look as natural as they are on the LCDs)
    - Some LCDs do tend to have a higher brightness, but the SAMOLED+ on the S4 is bright enough for even the brightest day (not as bright as the iPhone 5 or the Playbook though).
    - Whites do look better on the LCDs.
    - Unless it's an IPS screen, AMOLEDs have much better viewing angles.
    - Contrast is way better on AMOLEDs. Primarily due to infinitely deeper blacks.
    - Power consumption depends on what content is on the screen. If it's primarily whites, then AMOLEDs don't quite provide any battery consumption advantages. Hence the black/dark themes.

So, in other words, there are advantages and disadvantages to both technologies.
    Last edited by bekkay; 05-20-13 at 01:07 PM.
    05-20-13 12:06 PM