My point is that it's hard to have a logical discussion when people say illogical things.
    Poor English or illogic?
    07-15-13 03:22 PM
    i looked at the specs and they were specs the z10 should have had minus the 5" screen. Very unimpressed
    07-15-13 03:23 PM
    BlackBerry doesn't care. They think that no matter what they launch for a Flagship, and no matter how far the specs fall below the completions flagship, that they should be able to charge the same amount as Apple or Samsung. Their ego is too big to accept that they are no longer an iconic brand and they either need to be on par spec wise to demand top dollar (and they probably still need to come in cheaper because of the name at the bottom of the device and the infant OS and ecosystem), or they need to win customers with price if they put out devices with lower specs. People don't care how much the OS is to make and support, all they know is Samsung is $X and BlackBerry is $Y and if Y is greater than or equal to X, most people are going to pick X!

Posted via CB10
    I actually think they care, just a little detached from reality... that's all.
    07-15-13 03:25 PM
    Here's an honest question.....
    Has BlackBerry ever come out and actually said publicly that the A10 will be their new flagship phone or is that something that has been assumed by those that are supposedly "in the know" and privy to some leaks?
    Is it possible that BlackBerry's intention all along with the A10 was really only to make a 5+ inch screen phone with slightly better specs just to handle battery life and performance issues that tend to come to light after the initial release of any new platform etc.
    Are these flagship threads just a case of BlackBerry fans thinking the A10 is something that it was/is never intended to be?
    Just my musings

Posted via CB10
    it's a 5" screen that is flagship territory. No one has a 5" crappy phone. Every big phone is usually the flagship of "every company" With these specs that i have read this is going to be the worst 4.6"+ phone out. 2012/2013 wise at least. They are also coming out around the same time as iphone / nexus which is terrible.
    Qaxl likes this.
    07-15-13 03:30 PM
    Personally I like the way the aristo looks, no issues with the bezel, or the innards if they get the job done... but I like BlackBerry and bb10. Yes the A10 (specd this way) will help BlackBerry retain it's legacy customer base, but that's not good enough for the future. Fact is anyone saying specs don't matter is not paying attention to the market...

Fact: your 1080p dlp led 3d beautiful tv spends most of its time playing at best 720i resolution video... only Blue Ray and very,very limited broadcast programming are actually played in 1080p. So why didn't you just buy the 720p led that plays 99.9 percent of what you watch on a daily basis exactly as well as your 1080??? You'd of saved a lot of money... or better yet would you buy the 720 at the same price as your 1080???

Point is when we purchase something we generally want the nicest equipment we can afford when making an investment. If we aren't educated enough when we go looking we depend on the sales associates to assist us (95% of phone buyers). BlackBerry is in a position where they need to excite the market with something hardware wise i.e. Lumia 1020 41 mp, HTC One Ultra pixel, Samsung Octacore exynos... if you get these people excited, you introduce new consumers to BlackBerry and ultimately start to regain market share...

My 2 cents

Posted via CB10
    well said, couldn't have said it better myself
    07-15-13 03:32 PM
    This will be the death of BlackBerry. So sad.....
    Why dont they read this and realize that if we, the hard corps, aren't digging this phone, no one will.
    I really do love my Z, but this A is going to sink them, imho.
    But what do I know...?

Posted via CB10
    07-15-13 03:34 PM
    This will be the death of BlackBerry. So sad.....
    Why dont they read this and realize that if we, the hard corps, aren't digging this phone, no one will.
    I really do love my Z, but this A is going to sink them, imho.
    But what do I know...?

Posted via CB10
    I want BB to succeed, if for no other reason than my portfolio. With what I am hearing about the A10, this doesn't sound like a winner... Sadly.
    07-15-13 03:41 PM
    This phone is going to be EPIC? It'll be the best BB to date.........if the calendar year doesn't roll to 2014 then sure....
    Good for them I guess, BB should give themselves a pat on the back for such a wonderful job they are doing? As good as who ever wrote BB LINK.
    They can close and sell off all the buildings in Waterloo and leave town...maybe people in the area can get a property tax break when they leave. Who paid for RIM Park?
    Be Bold and keep waiting......?
    07-16-13 10:55 AM
    Who is blackberry targeting with this phone for one? And will you be able to play games on the go with this phone? (ex. Like ps vita with the playstation 3) it should be able to do things like that...I would love to play big pc games like kotor on it since it has the quad core hardware on it but. make this and market it for what it is not for what it doesn't have that is how you make it sell

Posted via CB10
    07-16-13 04:25 PM
    I can buy a 4.7inch quad core 2gig ram 16gig storage device for $350 unlocked, in the Nexus 4. The magic fruit on the front does not make it a flagship device. By the time the A10 comes out the N4 will have been out for a year. NOT GOOD

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk 2
    Qaxl and Saiga like this.
    07-16-13 05:20 PM
    Who is blackberry targeting with this phone for one? And will you be able to play games on the go with this phone? (ex. Like ps vita with the playstation 3) it should be able to do things like that...I would love to play big pc games like kotor on it since it has the quad core hardware on it but. make this and market it for what it is not for what it doesn't have that is how you make it sell

Posted via CB10
    BlackBerry is trying to target the people who would buy a 5" screen phone. Sadly all those people will have the option of phones of much higher specs, better cameras, greater app libraries, and lower price than the A10.

...And no its not going to be a gaming powerhouse, because it runs the bare minimum RAM spec needed to run BB10. And the quad core that is rumored is not the latest and greatest of quad cores.
    07-17-13 04:35 AM
    Not

Posted from my amazing Z10
    Qaxl likes this.
    07-17-13 04:52 AM
    720x1280 / 720p and 8mp is worse and same than october 2011 GNote... and it will come out more than two years later (october 2013?)

Posted via CB10
    Qaxl and kevinnugent like this.
    07-17-13 10:46 AM
    Not a whole lot more awesome than the Z10 unfortunately! Hope for the best though.

Posted via Me on my Z
    07-19-13 12:59 PM
    Should have at least had a good 13MP camera, something most consumers would actually care about.
    07-20-13 10:12 AM
    The average customer may not care about specs, but they do care about reviews and press headlines. All it takes is the press to state that this phone is outdated compared to what is out now. Damage done. One hope is to have workable demos at the major stores. I was at a flagship Best Buy yesterday in Toronto. I was very impressed with the Samsung 4 display. It let me perform a camera demo. Now, at the time, I wasn't thinking about specs. Instead I just liked what I experienced . On the other hand, when I checked the Z10 display, they only had two non-powered Z10's with some kind of paper under the glass. It felt cheap as I pushed down on the screen. I'm sure anyone would feel the same if they experienced this. On a side note: I totally recommend my purchase of Rocketfish HD Bluetooth Headphones yesterday. $39.99. You would swear you were listening to something way more expensive.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by xBURK; 07-21-13 at 11:36 PM.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    07-20-13 11:22 AM
    I can buy a 4.7inch quad core 2gig ram 16gig storage device for $350 unlocked, in the Nexus 4. The magic fruit on the front does not make it a flagship device. By the time the A10 comes out the N4 will have been out for a year. NOT GOOD
    Ignoring the obvious point that the nexus is being sold at or near cost, android simply needs more processing power than either bb10 or ios in order to not chug.

It is fair enough to criticise the a10 for not making the move to 1080p, but there is nothing wrong with them skipping quadcore for now if their os is coded well enough to not need it just yet.
    07-20-13 01:11 PM
    BlackBerry is trying to target the people who would buy a 5" screen phone. Sadly all those people will have the option of phones of much higher specs, better cameras, greater app libraries, and lower price than the A10.
    These first few bb10 devices are about expanding the potential audience for the os, for those who considered bb10 but prefer a larger display this device will give them that option.
    07-20-13 01:13 PM
118 ... 345