Awesome

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 07:09 PM
    BlackBerry has 3 billion in cash on hand. It's not going anywhere anytime soon.

I'm so sick of the uneducated people who think BlackBerry is on dire straits. It's not an ideal situation, but it's not dying. If the 3 billion went to 1 billion, then you should be scared.

Posted via CB10
    At the current rate of losses and not taking into account one off revenue (like their tax refund of $500m) that $3bn will last how many quarters? 5 or 6? That's not long. And the Board would likely have a takeover on their hands before then. So, I figure they have 2 more loss making quarters left. After that, anything can happen - but I'd be wiling to bet Blackberry would be out of the hardware business for good.
    07-13-13 07:52 PM
    At the current rate of losses and not taking into account one off revenue (like their tax refund of $500m) that $3bn will last how many quarters? 5 or 6? That's not long. And the Board would likely have a takeover on their hands before then. So, I figure they have 2 more loss making quarters left. After that, anything can happen - but I'd be wiling to bet Blackberry would be out of the hardware business for good.
    If the next Q plays out numbers wise as this past one, then you have cause for concern. In the mean time, let's stop this pessimism.

And I suspect a merger or buyout would occur before they give up hardware. They're going to continue to sustain their smartphone business but branch out with auto infotainment and Home theatre.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 08:07 PM
    BB has 3 billion dollars because they cut thousand jobs last year. They'll do the same this year to stay in business longer. They won't keep doing this any longer.
    Yes they amassed 3 billion in cash by cutting jobs. :facepalm:

Posted via CB10
    bbbruva and northernpuppy like this.
    07-13-13 08:09 PM
    Here's an honest question.....
    Has BlackBerry ever come out and actually said publicly that the A10 will be their new flagship phone or is that something that has been assumed by those that are supposedly "in the know" and privy to some leaks?
    Is it possible that BlackBerry's intention all along with the A10 was really only to make a 5+ inch screen phone with slightly better specs just to handle battery life and performance issues that tend to come to light after the initial release of any new platform etc.
    Are these flagship threads just a case of BlackBerry fans thinking the A10 is something that it was/is never intended to be?
    Just my musings

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 08:16 PM
    Has BlackBerry ever come out and actually said publicly that the A10 will be their new flagship phone or is that something that has been assumed by those that are supposedly "in the know" and privy to some leaks?
    Is it possible that BlackBerry's intention all along with the A10 was really only to make a 5+ inch screen phone with slightly better specs just to handle battery life and performance issues that tend to come to light after the initial release of any new platform etc.
    Are these flagship threads just a case of BlackBerry fans thinking the A10 is something that it was/is never intended to be?
    Just my musings

Posted via CB10
    That's a very good question and I think that just may the case. People taking the ball and running with it as usual. I'm thinking it is just the next form factor to appeal to the phablet crowd, nothing more.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 08:52 PM
    Just my musings

Posted via CB10
    People think A10 needs to be a flagship phone because BlackBerry doesn't have one
    07-13-13 11:57 PM
    Personally I like the way the aristo looks, no issues with the bezel, or the innards if they get the job done... but I like BlackBerry and bb10. Yes the A10 (specd this way) will help BlackBerry retain it's legacy customer base, but that's not good enough for the future. Fact is anyone saying specs don't matter is not paying attention to the market...

Fact: your 1080p dlp led 3d beautiful tv spends most of its time playing at best 720i resolution video... only Blue Ray and very,very limited broadcast programming are actually played in 1080p. So why didn't you just buy the 720p led that plays 99.9 percent of what you watch on a daily basis exactly as well as your 1080??? You'd of saved a lot of money... or better yet would you buy the 720 at the same price as your 1080???

Point is when we purchase something we generally want the nicest equipment we can afford when making an investment. If we aren't educated enough when we go looking we depend on the sales associates to assist us (95% of phone buyers). BlackBerry is in a position where they need to excite the market with something hardware wise i.e. Lumia 1020 41 mp, HTC One Ultra pixel, Samsung Octacore exynos... if you get these people excited, you introduce new consumers to BlackBerry and ultimately start to regain market share...

My 2 cents

Posted via CB10
    Qaxl, ajst222 and anon(5818411) like this.
    07-14-13 12:13 AM
    Nope, BlackBerry is done for, after Z10 even I will drop out.. it's a pity, but at least I'll get to take BBM with me..

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 02:31 AM
    Personally I like the way the aristo looks, no issues with the bezel, or the innards if they get the job done... but I like BlackBerry and bb10. Yes the A10 (specd this way) will help BlackBerry retain it's legacy customer base, but that's not good enough for the future. Fact is anyone saying specs don't matter is not paying attention to the market...

Fact: your 1080p dlp led 3d beautiful tv spends most of its time playing at best 720i resolution video... only Blue Ray and very,very limited broadcast programming are actually played in 1080p. So why didn't you just buy the 720p led that plays 99.9 percent of what you watch on a daily basis exactly as well as your 1080??? You'd of saved a lot of money... or better yet would you buy the 720 at the same price as your 1080???

Point is when we purchase something we generally want the nicest equipment we can afford when making an investment. If we aren't educated enough when we go looking we depend on the sales associates to assist us (95% of phone buyers). BlackBerry is in a position where they need to excite the market with something hardware wise i.e. Lumia 1020 41 mp, HTC One Ultra pixel, Samsung Octacore exynos... if you get these people excited, you introduce new consumers to BlackBerry and ultimately start to regain market share...

My 2 cents

Posted via CB10
    It so true what you've said. Aside from those who simply want to have the apparent latest and greatest compared to everyone else, many people are just wanting the sense that they got their money's worth. If blackberry refuses to compete in the spec arena then they better excel in the ui experience and do a lot (not just somethings) as good as (or better than) everyone else. They also need to do some things that nobody else does.
    Why is it that the iPhone isn't caught up in the spec race? Because in the beginning they offered some things that weren't available before and in a way that felt seemless and "just worked" for people.

Posted via CB10
    th3h0ff likes this.
    07-14-13 06:55 AM
    Perhaps you should look at their cash levels for the last few quarters, they are simply not burning through their cash at a very high rate and that is despite them having to launch bb10, some of it is them cutting costs, but their revenue is now increasing again as they move onto higher margin bb10 devices.
    07-14-13 07:29 AM
    I would like to see more styling on the phone like Metallic Iphone or HTC type...they could do thier own design but I would like to add variety to the design rather than having a Z10 like design

Posted via CB10
    Can't agree more. An enlarged Z10 will only be financial disaster.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 08:37 AM
    I love how everyone has opinions of specs... with no confirmed specs. Its like complaining about a Dev-Alpha but its worse because no one knows the actual specs that will go out to consumers in the final A10 build
    07-14-13 08:43 AM
    People are giving feedbacks to BBRY, rumored specs on not, BBRY needs those feedbacks.
    Qaxl likes this.
    07-14-13 08:59 AM

My 2 cents

Posted via CB10
    I feel you on there. But using the same TV anology, say for instance the 1080p led TV has a problem playing 720p without the broadcasters having to do extra work on their end and the manufacturers told the broadcasters that 720p will be the standard for them to broadcast on. Do you still launch a 1080p tv with 2 or 3 channels (which in the phone's case would be apps) to be able to watch on just to be 'Mr. Me Too' and say "look we have a 1080p TV?" And I get what you're saying about wanting the best because right now I've been looking around for a projector for my living room and I was looking at the 1080p projectors but then I had to catch myself. I had to tell myself why would I pay all that extra $ for a 1080p and I don't even own a blu_ray player when I can get a 720p projector a lot cheaper and that's what my dish hd box broadcasts anyway is 720p so there's no benifit in getting a 1080p. So I see what you are saying because I was thinking the same way as you described. But looking at the big picture, what will make consumers and tech blogs/reviewers bash the A10 more, a 720p screen or far less apps than bb10 has now?

Posted via CB10
    th3h0ff likes this.
    07-14-13 09:32 AM
    If the specs are right on the screen resolution, and BlackBerry prices it the same as the large screen phones that have 1080p, like BlackBerry usually over prices their hardware, then it will sell poorly.

The need to drop the price of the Z10 to the $400 to $450 range, and this device should be $100 more tops. You can't keep selling 1 to 2 year hardware at today's flagship prices. Consumers have too much information available to shop with and compare, and the media will beat you senseless every time you try it!

Posted via CB10
    Qaxl likes this.
    07-14-13 09:47 AM
    The only way to know if it's awesome is when it's in my hand. But I will say this much.....I will definintely buy it. I REALLY like BB10 and the feel of my Z10. I'd been thinking about a Note 2 so the larger size is definitely something I want. Whether it's awesome, only experience will tell me.

This much I know - I really really really see myself carrying this device along with the iPhone 5S.
    07-14-13 09:55 AM
    A10 needs a distinguishing hardware feature nobody else has that is desirable. They don't have it yet. The way the A10 or Z10 is spec'd won't get me to upgrade to it from my Galaxy S2. They at minimum need the best camera module - HTC can build a desirable phone, so can blackberry. But it seems too late. I am a stock holder and I hate to say it but Heins vision is limited.

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk 2
    07-14-13 10:21 AM
    Awesome. cant wait to see it.
    07-14-13 10:35 AM
    Yes they amassed 3 billion in cash by cutting jobs. :facepalm:
    Posted via CB10
    If they didn't cut thousand jobs last year, would they still have 3 billion dollars? I'm sure they still have billion dollars left but the amount is going to be less than 3 billion dollar for sure because they have to pay salary and other benefits for thousand employees.
    07-14-13 10:41 AM
    I hope A10 has a metal around the device to protect it better. I can't tell you A10 is awesome or not at this point because we have many conflicting stories / videos about its specs. I'm holding my judgment right now until A10 specs is officially out.
    07-14-13 10:43 AM
    I really think someone should see how much it would cost to pump out like super high end specs per device and then multiply that by 5 or 10 million devices. That way we could be sure on whether or not it's a financial thing to release relatively weak specs. If the Aristo is nothing more than a bigger Z10 then they could've released it a long time ago

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 10:56 AM
    Everybody says it is not impressive, looks bad....
    Uuuhm, did anyone see some original quality pics?
    I remember how many people that where complaining when we first saw the q10 backcover. When we had descent pics, it suddebly looked awesome.
    Chilout and relax.

Specs wise, it's like everybody says : needs to be top notch
    Qaxl likes this.
    07-14-13 11:01 AM
    Personally, I think it's just too big for my hands and typing will be a big problem. However, I like the extra rows of space for more apps and folders to make up any given app drawer page.

Also, the bezel will make this device hard to hold, and the ergonomics are clearly not Galaxy S4 caliber.

This device, though, gives me hope to believe that Blackberry may just be able to expand well.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by Speedygi; 07-14-13 at 12:28 PM.
    07-14-13 12:04 PM
    Man, I hope you're correct. If it is, the press wouldn't know what hit them.

Posted via CB10
    I am certainly hoping that they would not make the same mistakes this time around. With all of the press and feedback they have been getting both positive and negative, use that to base your design and features off of. Not throwing in the towel just yet!
    07-14-13 12:36 PM
118 12345