A10 Aristo is going to be undoubtedly the Best Performing Blackberry 10 Device. But is it going to be the Best that BlackBerry could have made it out to be ???

Since its obvious BB wont be upgrading the screen resolution anytime soon, (neither should they before BB11) it will automatically come second place in any comparisons with any 2013 flagship device north of 4.65 inches. Even the Z10 will have it beat in terms of total number of pixels and PPI (not arguing about benefits of 400+ ppi just stating it will be second place to any flagship out there) [screen size is subjective 5" is not inherently better than 4.2" both have pros and cons so only the individual consumer can decide if this a "better screen size than the Z10" or not)

The 8MP Camera on the Z10 is nice but it isnt the best, virtually all other flagship phones have a better camera, so if they are not improving the Camera Module for the A10 then its going to be another weak point for the Aristo. (Nokia 1020 has gone crazy with the camera, HTC has gone Ultra Pixel, Sony has moved to 13MP and even the Iphone 8MP is of a higher Quality than the Z10's)

If the 1GB RAM on the Playbook is so less that BB10 wont even run properly, then i think its safe to assume that 2 GB RAM starting from the Q5 is the Bare Minimum. It doesn't make sense that the Best BlackBerry of 2013 come out with a bare minimum spec. I would prefer if it came out with a 4 or 3 GB RAM module and a guarantee of getting an upgrade to the BB11 whenever that comes. But currently seems like it will have only 2 GB and I am not too excited about that.

Quad-core Processor is the only spec that seems to be a real improvement over the Z10. I doubt we will see the Snapdragon 800 variety in there. Which begs the question, is BlackBerry even trying to Make the Aristo as good as it can be ?

I can only hope the battery will be 3300mAh+ and user replaceable, but with the specs seen so far, Im guessing we will end up with a 2300mAh and the Quad core will mean we see the same battery time as on the Z10.
    [EDIT: I am hearing it will be a 2800mAh battery]

Considering it will be the flagship device, it is really going to fall short of the ENTIRE competition.

I really wish they would go all out with the Aristo, but think they will be hanging on to their self imposed mantra of experience over specs, which is a shame, because:
    1.) Higher specs also bring a better "Experience".
    2.) They are going to Price it more than a Z10 which means Equal or Higher Price than all the other phones with greater specs. So if they charge that price, why do they refuse to give us those specs ?

As long as we had only the Z10 we could say the Aristo is coming and it will blow everything out of the water, but when Aristo comes, it will only burst our little bubble.
    Last edited by Qaxl; 07-12-13 at 07:34 PM.
    dmlis, EsJayDee, ajst222 and 1 others like this.
    07-12-13 07:04 PM
    Awesome.

...last year.
    07-12-13 07:17 PM
    i hate to say it but if bb. doesn't come out and wow us with this phone.. its time is done.. if they come out with a phone that is spec wise the same as z10 with a bigger screen or bigger processor and nothing else.. i really hate to say but bb is doomed.. the specs on the z10 are pretty standard for a phone form 2012/13. but we are heading into 2014. apple will release a higher spec'd iphone samsung has already released the s4... people don't care if the phone is optimized to run.with the specs... they want the best and baddest phone around...which if bb wants to keep selling phones they need to compete with the likes of htc or nokia apple and samsung..they have to up there game.... nokia just announced the 1020...with a crazy 41mpix. the A10 HAS to have a 13 or higher mpix cam.. its has to have 1.5 or higher quad core.. it has to have 3g or ram...it has to have a 2800mah battery..if bb doesn't come out with these things in a10 they why would anyone up grade? there would be no point.. if the A10 is not and upgraded bad a@@ phone the bb just doesn't get it and are doomed..

if they think that people will just buy it cause it blackberry, well those times have past.. there are too many other options for phones to just buy because of brand. 5 years ago bb could have gotten away with that.. not any more.. they have to compete. they have to innovate.other wise they are dead in the water..
    Last edited by silversmith75; 07-12-13 at 08:41 PM.
    07-12-13 07:24 PM
    It will be coming with a 1.5 quad core processor and i just read that bla1ze confirmed a 2800mAh battery

Specs wise it still will be only be as good as an S3 (2012) , but priced higher than an S4 ?
    07-12-13 07:30 PM
    Yes, but it's "meh". Why bother, really?
    07-12-13 07:32 PM
    But I thought this was the phone that was going to beat them all?
    07-12-13 07:56 PM
    Thor was really excited with this device! Of course, it was awesome to play with it a few month ago...problem is it's gonna go out at the end of the year...1 year is really long in specs for mobile industry!!!

They better not price it premium! Come on, even the S4 will be cheaper in fall!!!

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 08:45 PM
    But I thought this was the phone that was going to beat them all?
    As was the Storm.
    h20work, KOOLWATER and EsJayDee like this.
    07-12-13 10:16 PM
    Even though it's the phone experience that really counts, many look at specs even if it doesn't make any real difference. BlackBerry has had so much bad press, they can't afford to come out with something less than brilliant. From the sounds of it, they're going to have another field day with this one. Really is frustrating. I've tried so many different phones. Not one comes close to my experience on my Z10. If I was stupid enough to have listened to the press this time around, I wouldn't have picked up the Z10. It's a shame this is going to happen again if the A10 is nothing less than a Mega Super Phone. Not a fair playing ground, but that's just the way it is for BlackBerry now.

Posted via CB10
    Qaxl, sparkaction and EsJayDee like this.
    07-12-13 10:38 PM
    I would like to see more styling on the phone like Metallic Iphone or HTC type...they could do thier own design but I would like to add variety to the design rather than having a Z10 like design

Posted via CB10
    hkkelvinlee likes this.
    07-12-13 10:40 PM
    Agree with OP. A10 needs to be impressive, and that is not impressive.

5 years ago you just need to be good at one thing in this market to succeed, now you need to be perfect to just stay hopeful if you are not Apple or Samsung.

You can't avoid the war others brought to you, the spec war.
    07-12-13 10:52 PM
    As was the Storm.
    And the Storm 2. And the Z10. Oh, and the Q10.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-12-13 10:56 PM
    I personally think that (as many of you may laugh) that BB might have a few tricks up their sleeves this time. I think they have had enough time to really find out what people REALLY want in a cell phone. I also think that if this is going to be their flagship phone that the specs previously announced are going to change to everyone's advantage. At least I hope I am right. I would make no sense to just have a bigger screen and a few more apps at that time, but not really offer anything else. So to have to pay a lot more money for a bigger Z 10, especially if it is going to target younger people with its "gamer" platform, how many people do they actually think are going to shell out big bucks for this when they are having trouble moving the Z's?. I hope they are studying everything, and keeping all of their options open on building something that is going to take us loyal BB users to the future, and not be 3 blocks behind the parade with a tambourine.
    KOOLWATER, potatoguy and mithrazor like this.
    07-12-13 11:17 PM
    I understand that specs are important on paper, and some people base their purchasing decision on this and the media outlets will talk about how far behind BlackBerry is if they aren't on par with other OEMs. I get all that.

However, if BlackBerry were to build the Aristo with a quad core and 4GB of RAM and an awesome graphics chip... and then began to optimized BB10 for it, wouldn't that just cut the lifespan of any prior BB10 devices down a bit?
    Wouldn't something have to give on the older devices? Why include that hardware if it is not going to be put to use.
    There would be apps, games and possibly OS features that would not be usable, or even available on older devices.

Is that acceptable less than a year after the Z10's availability?

Posted via CB10/Q10
    blusls and j21jam6 like this.
    07-12-13 11:45 PM
    I personally think that (as many of you may laugh) that BB might have a few tricks up their sleeves this time. I think they have had enough time to really find out what people REALLY want in a cell phone. I also think that if this is going to be their flagship phone that the specs previously announced are going to change to everyone's advantage. At least I hope I am right. I would make no sense to just have a bigger screen and a few more apps at that time, but not really offer anything else. So to have to pay a lot more money for a bigger Z 10, especially if it is going to target younger people with its "gamer" platform, how many people do they actually think are going to shell out big bucks for this when they are having trouble moving the Z's?. I hope they are studying everything, and keeping all of their options open on building something that is going to take us loyal BB users to the future, and not be 3 blocks behind the parade with a tambourine.
    Man, I hope you're correct. If it is, the press wouldn't know what hit them.

Posted via CB10
    blusls likes this.
    07-12-13 11:56 PM
    Thor was really excited with this device! Of course, it was awesome to play with it a few month ago...problem is it's gonna go out at the end of the year...1 year is really long in specs for mobile industry!!!

They better not price it premium! Come on, even the S4 will be cheaper in fall!!!

Posted via CB10
    Thor was also excited with the Z10 that was rock solid stable and never rebooted. We saw how that turned out. Everybody I knew at BB was telling me "OS not stable yet" at the same time. You can really loose respect for a man after a few such lies.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    07-13-13 05:47 AM
    Man, I hope you're correct. If it is, the press wouldn't know what hit them.

Posted via CB10
    This phone has been in the planning so long it has no chance of being so advanced.
    Qaxl likes this.
    07-13-13 05:49 AM
    Honestly, the majority of this is speculation but based on the rumors we were given, they should have toned it down on the screen size (4.5" maybe?) and put some more effort into making the device more premium. Go hard or go home. If this is what they're thinking of putting out for late '13 then I'll stick to my Z10 until a proper flagship successor arrives.

Posted with my weapon of choice, Z10.
    Qaxl and mountainman like this.
    07-13-13 06:00 AM
    I guess Blackberry doesn't understand that most of the people out there are shallow and actually look into the specs, EVEN though they are not put to use. I mean sorry guys but I'm part of that crowd, I'm typing form a PC with i7 processor, 16gb of RAM and trust me, for what i do i don't actually need all that.. BUT the PC runs super smoothly and i just know i have a powerful machine.. that's just the way it is...

In a time where most of the tech world looks at every move Blackberry does, it would be really foolish to release a device, that should have essentially come out instead of the Z10, as a flagship device for the end of 2013..

Sorry guys this is my opinion, do i care that bb10 runs smoothly on 2gb of Ram? no, give me 3 or 4 and I'm sure it will runs even better... Satisfy your customers. The OP is completely right...

Having said that, please neglect my comment until the device is released
    Qaxl and mithrazor like this.
    07-13-13 06:19 AM
    First off all no matter what Blackberry has up their sleeve it will not matter unless the ecosystem (Apps) is up to par with it's two major competitors, period. No one is going to abandon their current platform and take a chance on a Blackberry product if the apps they are used to using on a daily basis are not here.

Forget about side-loading crappy android ports or using the browser to go to the mobile website which does not offer specific functions built into the custom application. This has been talked about and beat to death and all those managers up there in Waterloo with their fancy degrees and marketing know how haven't figured it out yet and thats why the z10 and Q10 are not selling here in the USA whether you choose to accept it or not.
    Qaxl, kevinnugent and KOOLWATER like this.
    07-13-13 06:26 AM
    Go hard or go home. If this is what they're thinking of putting out for late '13 then I'll stick to my Z10 until a proper flagship successor arrives.

Posted with my weapon of choice, Z10.
    Fact is the Z10 is already "good enough" and and it can do everything BB10 has to offer pretty nicely, so we aren't looking for another "good enough" device with a larger screen, we are looking forward to a competition beating super-phone .... and that sadly is what we are not going to get.
    kevinnugent, kbz1960 and LtHavoc21 like this.
    07-13-13 08:00 AM
    I'm really starting to think they have 2 different devices in the pipeline that people keep getting confused about.
    The snapdragon 800 based device, running 10.2, is for early next year and would put BB only roughly 3 months behind everybody else.
    The dual-core device (S4 pro or possibly 400) could be some Z10+ device showing up later this year.
    Both could be A series.
    07-13-13 08:37 AM
    Every time I upgraded I did it for specs and experience...it has to be better than my last device or its not an upgrade

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 08:38 AM
    I think its a nice phone no doubt. But I just don't understand from the rumor specs that this will be nothing but a Z10 with a bigger screen. Why is Blackberry not trying to prove the press wrong? Seriously they need to understand that they need to push out the specs as much as they can. My speculation is this, they're trying to gain access to a lot of non tech savy people with the Z10 when the price drops. So many people who already still have a BB before BB10 will be able to upgrade with the same brand for a cheap cost. So when their user base in the U.S. grows they can push out more out beatable specs. That's just my speculation. But I personally feel they shouldn't try and play safe. The press thinks they're nothing now, they should try and prove them wrong.
    xBURK likes this.
    07-13-13 09:05 AM
    I'm of the belief that specs don't really contribute to the overall experience of using the phone and that, if the software runs well, then the specs don't matter. However, I'd like to add to this notion; specs don't matter if your software has already won over the market. Only one company can afford to make specs a moot point and we all know what that company is.

For BlackBerry, which is struggling for people to buy into the software, it needs to put out a compelling piece of hardware that gives it a "wow" factor. The rumored "Aristo" doesn't have anything so far (from what I've seen) hardware-wise that sets it apart from the competition. BlackBerry is being too conservative at a time when it has a chance to really impress both the media and consumers. Part of me feels that they haven't figured out the consumer market yet.

If BlackBerry launches the A10 with the rumored specs (especially with that screen resolution and ppi), I can't imagine how the media would rip them, but I'm afraid it'll be pretty bad.

Posted via CB10
    kevinnugent likes this.
    07-13-13 09:48 AM
118 123 ...