I think people have generally lost confidence in BBRY that they're really not willing to believe the word "FLAGSHIP". If this truly is their flagship device, I reckon it will have a solid build with specs that will be more than adequate for BB10. The Q10 is a solid well built phone, I really don't see why a flagship phone would be anything less.....
    07-12-13 12:13 PM
    So do you think viewing the HD demo movie is fuzzy? Do you think the screen is crappy?
    No it's fine for me. I also have a cheap Android phone with 320x480 resolution, which works for me.

But testing phones in stores makes me jealous
    07-12-13 12:20 PM
    Oh wow, so we are REALLY believing BGR now??

Is This ARISTO?-facepalm2.jpg

How pathetic. They know as much about what blackberry is doing as the armchair ceo's and too little to laters that litter this site!!!!

Posted via CB10
    brout and Martin Green like this.
    07-12-13 12:21 PM
    It doesn't work that way. And even it they could, it would look blurry. So you want a higher resolution screen that looks worse than a lower one. Doesn't seem like a good idea to me.
    it actually does work that way, ever lowered the resolution on a windows PC to about 3/4 of the normal resolution, it really doesn't effect the clarity as much as most thinkand most of us are probably using 17"+ monitors not 5" screens, and Apple did it with no real issues. its just a blown up image based on aspect ratio, its easily doable
    MasterOfBinary likes this.
    07-12-13 02:00 PM
    it actually does work that way, ever lowered the resolution on a windows PC to about 3/4 of the normal resolution, it really doesn't effect the clarity as much as most thinkand most of us are probably using 17"+ monitors not 5" screens, and Apple did it with no real issues. its just a blown up image based on aspect ratio, its easily doable
    You really haven't programmed have you? It is not just blown up. And anyway what are arguing is that stretching a 720p screen to a 1080p screen doesn't affect the clarity, but not having 1080 will make a screen look bad even if your eye can't see the difference.
    07-12-13 02:07 PM
    Is it really nice in person?

Posted via CB10
    Not realllly... The Z10 is a much nicer phone IMO. Now my buddy who was with me at the time and who is a S3 owner loved it and proclaimed that he will be buying one on release, so to each their own.

The A10 had a dull screen and the lack of Z10 "bar" at the bottom worried be about durability if dropped.

I just think these sized phones are not portable enough; the Z10 is a big as I go.
    07-12-13 02:13 PM
    You really haven't programmed have you? It is not just blown up. And anyway what are arguing is that stretching a 720p screen to a 1080p screen doesn't affect the clarity, but not having 1080 will make a screen look bad even if your eye can't see the difference.
    1080p will not make the screen look worse except maybe if an app has images that are too small. I would argue that by your logic, if you can't see the difference between 1080p and 720p, you couldn't see the difference in an 81x81 asset at 720p vs the same asset scaled to 100x100 at 1080p or whatever.

But as far as the UI goes, everything will be scaled nicely - it's called vector graphics. See here.

Is This ARISTO?-raster_vs_vector.jpg

That's how the UI is done, which makes it able to scale with zero issues whatsoever. And the end result is a higher quality on 1080p than 720p, whether you can see the difference or not.

BTW, have you seen the cascades roadmap recently? Support for small/medium/large margins and padding, which are the same physical size on different devices. So you'll be able to have a medium padding, for example, which might be 40px on a Z10, 30px on a 720p A10, and 40px on a 1080p Whatever10. Instead of having your entire UI expanded for a 720p 5" screen.
    Last edited by MasterOfBinary; 07-12-13 at 06:08 PM.
    ArmedHitman likes this.
    07-12-13 02:31 PM
    Z5...

+ fake

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
    You are WAY too obsessed with the Z5... This IS the A10, theres even a screenshot taken from the device, showing model name, etc. This is NOT the Z5. Jump off that wagon already
    07-12-13 05:56 PM
    Is it common to bb10 for the device name to be in all caps on the About screen?
    07-12-13 06:16 PM
    Bla1ze already mentioned the specs or at least some of it, batt at 2800 and screen 720p. Said there are diff versions which one would think would have diff processors (think stl 100-1 vs 2/3/4).

Though very confused about his comments about something not being right? After the picture appeared on the front page..

Though craigerr confirmed it looked like this though it looks slim unlike what craigerr said but in the same thread that he created, blackmoe mentioned he got his hands on a slim feeling one..

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 06:21 PM
    Also if it is authentic than. 552 is the current build that BlackBerry employees have downgraded to according to Kris.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 06:23 PM
    Where is the led? It's a fail Photoshop every one can see this

You don't need an LED.
    07-12-13 06:23 PM
    Where is the led? It's a fail Photoshop every one can see this

I think most would disagree with you. What proof do you have that this is a photoshop? Zip.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 06:28 PM
    But as far as the UI goes, everything will be scaled nicely - it's called vector graphics. See here.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	raster_vs_vector.jpg 
Views:	577 
Size:	46.3 KB 
ID:	181930

That's how the UI is done, which makes it able to scale with zero issues whatsoever. And the end result is a higher quality on 1080p than 720p, whether you can see the difference or not.
    Do you think that all GUI elements are vector graphics? Sorry. They are not. Icons, logos, images, etc are not vector graphics. Can you show me a single BB10 app that uses 100 percent vector graphics? If you can't, then you fail to understand the issue.

Since you know so much, what image formats does Cascades supports. How many of them are vector formats?
    07-12-13 08:22 PM
    The first giveaway was the fat size bezzle of the Z10. Hopefully the A10 will do away with that wasted space.
    07-12-13 08:55 PM
    The first giveaway was the fat size bezzle of the Z10. Hopefully the A10 will do away with that wasted space.
    Nope. It is needed for swipes.
    07-12-13 09:10 PM
    No, you need the Q10's glass to swipe, you need the Z10's glass to comfortably swipe. But you don't need the bottom metal. Waste of space.
    BB Fightclub likes this.
    07-12-13 09:12 PM
    Have a feeling this is the z5 because it looks cheap and similar to the q5

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 09:16 PM
    Looks like a Z10 faked.
    07-12-13 09:38 PM
    It's Q10-like back cover is up-market. It's an A10. 10, 10, 10,10.. not a 5. -

I'm starting to ponder is the Z5 is a myth because of the low build quality of the Z10. But that doesn't mean that I don't like the Z10. Although the Z10 is the cheaper of the 2 (the Z and Q) I think the Z10 is the "better overall device", and I'm a keyboard guy, typing this post on one now..

The Z's screen quality and brightness compared to all three, (Z, Q and A) is noticeably better imo but it lacking some of the "quality build" features of the Q and to some extent the A10, example back plates and solid outer frames.

This leaves Blackberry with something to upgrade the Z line with: better materials possibly.

Posted via CB10
    DYLANHABKIRK and chrispdm1 like this.
    07-12-13 10:03 PM
    I found it funny everyones argument contains android devices. Why is apple and Microsoft can not release 1080p devices, yet BlackBerry has to. I don't understand that logic, why join a race 1. You can't win 2. BlackBerry doesn't need to.

Androids in a spec race with there own oems, apple, Microsoft, BlackBerry, and even Google(moto X, maybe) all know this, look at there current and up coming phones being released.

Posted via CB10
    bigjman likes this.
    07-12-13 10:24 PM
    I found it funny everyones argument contains android devices. Why is apple and Microsoft can not release 1080p devices, yet BlackBerry has to. I don't understand that logic, why join a race 1. You can't win 2. BlackBerry doesn't need to.

Androids in a spec race with there own oems, apple, Microsoft, BlackBerry, and even Google(moto X, maybe) all know this, look at there current and up coming phones being released.

Posted via CB10
    I agree with this reasoning. I highly doubt that the next iPhone will have a 1080p screen either as Apple hasn't even put a 720p screen on its phones yet. Even if Apple doesn't use a 1080p screen, it'll likely not take much criticism for it because the screen will still look good.

My concern is more that BlackBerry plans to release a flagship phone with a potentially worse screen than its predecessor. Even as one of BlackBerry's most ardent fans, I can't say that such a decision is anything but absolutely unacceptable.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by FlashFlare11; 07-13-13 at 12:40 AM.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    07-13-13 12:17 AM
    I agree with this reasoning. I highly doubt that the next iPhone will have a 1080p screen either as Apple hasn't even put a 720p screen on its phones yet. Even if Apple doesn't use a 1080p screen, it'll likely not take much criticism for it because the screen will still look good.

My concern is more that BlackBerry plans to release a flagship phone with a potentially worse screen than its predecessor. Even as one of BlackBerry's most ardent fans, I can't say that such a decision is anything but absolutely unacceptable.

Posted via CB10
    I have the same worries, but won't judge till I see the actual product. Photos and leaked specs can be deciving at times.

Posted via CB10
    FlashFlare11 likes this.
    07-13-13 12:42 AM
    Picture of the back now over in N4BB. It's gonna be a big square boring Q10 without keyboard.
    07-13-13 01:57 AM
    Do you think that all GUI elements are vector graphics? Sorry. They are not. Icons, logos, images, etc are not vector graphics. Can you show me a single BB10 app that uses 100 percent vector graphics? If you can't, then you fail to understand the issue.

Since you know so much, what image formats does Cascades supports. How many of them are vector formats?
    Every cascades control can be resized without issue. Whether it's vector or 9-slice scaled. What don't you understand about that?

So you think if you make a big button it'll be blurry?
    07-13-13 02:01 AM
275 ... 56789 ...