Btw:

http://crackberry.com/would-you-buy-...-rumored-specs

Did somebody look at the survey results?

It seems that a lot of people agree with me there:

The specs are bad joke for a late 2013 flagship.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 06:04 AM
    I don't need a 1080p screen. I have a 60incher for that.
    Oh boy another defensive "I don't need ...." post
    07-12-13 06:06 AM
    To be honest, and I just thought it too, I have only heard of people talking about differences between 720p and 1080p on this site.

I have heard no mentions of 720p or 1080p in real life. Just 'that screen is so clear and bright' (my Z10 gets that comment often).

My Tech-Fleet: Q10; Z10; PlayBook; Surface Pro; Xbox 360; HP TouchPad; iPod Touch 5
    brout and SDTRMG like this.
    07-12-13 06:07 AM
    It's because the black lower part wears out so quickly when using the case, I had a blck one for a few weeks and it started to show paint going off, I bought a white one instead.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 07:17 AM
    Few things.
    1. That bottom is silver, not white.
    2. The picture doesn't really show what a quality piece it might be.
    3. 720p on this screen doesn't look as sharp as Z10, but it still looks very good. I hear it might still be 1080p, but honestly I would rather leave it 720 and be much faster for gaming vs pushing 1080p.

Lastly, I hear everyone will get it somewhere around oct, except Verizon who will get it in 2014 and release with OS 10.0.9.
    FlashFlare11 and SDTRMG like this.
    07-12-13 07:57 AM
    if this is the much waited Aristo, Thorsten has to leave the company :-|
    please dont take my comment seriously until we see the official launch of the A10 :-)
    07-12-13 07:58 AM
    It's because the black lower part wears out so quickly when using the case, I had a blck one for a few weeks and it started to show paint going off, I bought a white one instead.

Posted via CB10
    Could you post a picture. Do others have this issue?

Funny how people talk about the looks of a slab phone when the reality is that the users will cover the phone with a case. I my opinion the iphone is still the best looking phone but you see them covered in big plastic cases that are for the most part **** ugly.
    Last edited by Bbnivende; 07-12-13 at 08:21 AM.
    07-12-13 08:10 AM
    The problem here is the 5inch screen. They should have stayed with the 4.65 inch screen. Look at the htc one x with its 720p resolution. Thats a awesome screen so no need for 1080p.

The phone has so much bezel that its going to end up being to big. I would have loved the z10 with a 4.5 inch screen and then there would be no need for the a10. Look at Nokia with their lumia range. 4.5 inch screens with 720p and they are beautifull.

Posted via CB10
    the htc one is 1080p
    07-12-13 08:33 AM
    I hope the specs are right!!! It will be an awesome phone! Quick, help out the company, start buying....don't hate.
    BB is just a lackluster company. Period. They don't get it. Just make you wait, and wait.......and then wait some more for the epic Z10. Then make you even wait more for some simple sync that they had before......so again wait.
    07-12-13 08:36 AM
    Btw:

Would you buy a BlackBerry A10 based on the rumored specs? | CrackBerry.com

Did somebody look at the survey results?

It seems that a lot of people agree with me there:

The specs are bad joke for a late 2013 flagship.

Posted via CB10
    Which is sad... coming from a fan site. It's pretty much split between YES / NO / HAVE TO WAIT AND SEE. Normally you'd see a much higher "positive" spin to the poll results here. But I think the natives expect a lot more from BBRY and their new BB10 launch. They gave them a little slack on the Z10 not being a "super" phone, but still being priced pretty high.

But it's becoming apparent that not a lot has really changed at the old RIM.

Overpriced Devices
    Not the latest Hardware
    Update are slow to come
    Platform is going to end up being fractured because each device and carrier will have a different version of the OS.
    Becoming apparent that at some point existing devices will not see new official updates (Carriers don't update old devices).
    Lack of ecosystem hasn't changed a lot... yes you can get movies and music now in BB World - but at much higher prices than other "legitimate" services.
    Apps - still missing some big apps that they promised at launch, and haven't notice too many new apps in the last month or so.
    PlayBook user have been left behind - just like the STORM users.

I want BBRY to succeed, and they talk about change... but I don't see them changing!
    07-12-13 09:31 AM
    If this is it, i would say "good bye blackberry " and I'm going to wait for this:

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=827954

This is going to be a big shame for BlackBerry.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 09:34 AM
    I don't know about many others, but for me, the gripe is not over 720p vs 1080p, but is more towards that BlackBerry might actually release a flagship phone with a worse screen than its predecessor (294 ppi for this device vs Z10's 356 ppi). If I were to purchase this device and I'm already a Z10 owner, I shouldn't have to make any downgrades. That is what I'm concerned with and BlackBerry would get ripped by the media for such a move.
    Last edited by FlashFlare11; 07-12-13 at 09:49 AM.
    07-12-13 09:36 AM
    Looks like a photoshop job to me. But that's just me and my 15 years worth of PS experience..
    Attached Thumbnails Is This ARISTO?-screenshot-165-.jpg  
    sunsetblow and SDTRMG like this.
    07-12-13 09:45 AM
    BlackBerry needs to use their one feature that no one else has... The keyboard. Put that on a 5.2 inch screen-sized device and watch it sell.
    BB needs to let the physical chicklet keyboard die. Touchscreen keyboards on 4.3-4.7" devices are great. If you base your distaste for touchscreen keyboards based on your experiences with an iPhone, you really need to try one on a phone with a real screen. Even the Z10 touchscreen keyboard is faster.

What was with every phone company trying to make tv sized phones. The z10 is big enough as far as I'm concerned. We don't need a device that Martians can see with clear visibility from mars, IJS lol

Posted via CB10
    Nah, it's so the NSA can see what you're doing.

The specs for this phone should be at least the following:
    . 5inch Full HD Super AMOLED (1920 x 1080) display, 441 ppi.
    . 4 GB of RAM.
    . Duo core 1.6 GHz or better.
    . 32GB of internal storage.
    . 2600 mAh or better battery.
    . Accelerometer, RGB light, Geomagnetic, Proximity, Gyro, Barometer.
    . Temperature & Humidity, Gesture.
    . 13 Mp auto focus back and 3 Mp front cameras.

Agree? Disagree?

Post via CB Z10
    Quad core Snap Drag 600, of course when it's released, the 800 will be out...

Man, back in the days I'd be happy to even have a sim card at all.

Well, I guess specs are important to some people. I'm happy with my zed and the fact that it makes calls.

To each his own then.

This signature was swiped up from the Z10's sexy keyboard.
    Then why use a smart phone at all ? VZW has a $35 unlimited talk and text plan.

They should follow the F1-car manufacturer marketing model... make a device that is ridiculously specced, at a correspondingly high price. Who cares if only a few can afford it... It's there and it proves they technologically can .

It's your fault if you are too poor to afford an F1, or AMG-tuned car. Although I'm sure some would still complain they can't get it for $49.99.

Posted via CB10
    Lay a Z10 and an HTC One side by side. They are both $199. One of them does not require you to side load apps and hope they work. Oh, and my BBOS 7 apps don't work on the Z10, nor are they even available. Easy choice. BB charges F1 pricing for a Honda Civic.

No the final nail would be releasing a phone that no apps can run on. Almost all native apps would have to be rewritten to support the 1080 resolution. So you want them to release a 1080 phone that has no apps and won't look any clearer than a 720 one. Now that is a good business decision.
    How do Android apps scale the way that they do ?

Says the snake oil salesman. Funny how the only spec that I mention is the 720 and that is because you cannot see the difference. And if the rumor is right that it is a S-Stripe OLED. It will be a very sharp screen and you won't see any difference. I don't remember many people saying that the Playbook screen was crappy and it was a 7 inch screen with 600 pixels.
    That's because the PB was a knee jerk reaction. A poor one. They lost their *** on it. It wasn't just the PB, even the Android devices manufactures were/are throwing crap out there to try and get a slice of that multibillion dollar pie Apple baked. So I was nice. I looked at other's offerings and continued to use an iPad and a 9810, laughing inside the whole time.
    07-12-13 09:52 AM
    me too. only 1280 x 720 for example.
    07-12-13 09:55 AM
    Says the snake oil salesman. Funny how the only spec that I mention is the 720 and that is because you cannot see the difference. And if the rumor is right that it is a S-Stripe OLED. It will be a very sharp screen and you won't see any difference. I don't remember many people saying that the Playbook screen was crappy and it was a 7 inch screen with 600 pixels.
    The Playbook was 2-years ago or more. Its screen was pretty close to other tablets' screens. I might be wrong, but I think it came out a bit before Retina even.
    07-12-13 09:59 AM
    Clearly photoshopped....look at the bottom white trim where it meets the black bezel...
    07-12-13 10:15 AM
    Wrong. You can't see the difference because you probably never had a 720p 5 inch phone. Honestly anyone can see the difference between a 4.2 inch screen vs 5 inch one at the 720p. Theory does not always apply perfectly in real life. PlayBook standards and today's standards are different. I don't believe there were 720p tablets at 7 inch at the time. Leave your snake oil for audio gear; something that is subjective and not objective.
    Mr.Willie and MasterOfBinary like this.
    07-12-13 10:23 AM
    Fake.

Posted via CB Q-10
    07-12-13 10:25 AM
    There was a rumour that there are two different Aristo prototypes? Link

Maybe theres another one? Or this was leaked to see how we judged it... See what happens I guess. For the record this Aristo looks **** ugly. Looks like some mutant of an Z10 legs+Z5 head+Q10 ***...
    SDTRMG likes this.
    07-12-13 10:31 AM
    Looks like a photoshop job to me. But that's just me and my 15 years worth of PS experience..
    Eh.. those just look like JPEG blocking artifacts from the compression of the already terrible image.

Posted via CB10
    ArmedHitman likes this.
    07-12-13 10:35 AM
    Looks like we have a leak of the back cover too.

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...-cover-827970/
    07-12-13 10:41 AM
    There was a rumour that there are two different Aristo prototypes? Link

Maybe theres another one? Or this was leaked to see how we judged it... See what happens I guess. For the record this Aristo looks **** ugly. Looks like some mutant of an Z10 legs+Z5 head+Q10 ***...
    I'm thinking there might be several and this won't be the one that's released. I hope not anyway, because I agree it looks ugly.
    ArmedHitman likes this.
    07-12-13 11:22 AM
    I'm thinking BlackBerry purposely leaked the wrong one to bgr... :-D

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 12:02 PM
    The Playbook was 2-years ago or more. Its screen was pretty close to other tablets' screens. I might be wrong, but I think it came out a bit before Retina even.
    So do you think viewing the HD demo movie is fuzzy? Do you think the screen is crappy?
    07-12-13 12:06 PM
275 ... 45678 ...