This post is another proof that reading comprehension seems to be a problem for you.
    It is not an ad hominem to state facts.
    You are in 10-20 threads, and do not understand what 10s of different people are telling you.
    This shows me, that you have a problem with reading comprehension.
    How someone needs more than 40 pages of combined threads, to undestand that savings on the hardware side, when they are so big as in the A10's and BlackBerry's case, have to be passed onto the consumer, is beyond me.
    Posted via CB10
    Talk about comprehension problems. How can you miss that I have said nothing about price, cpu, gpu, camera, storage, RAM. I have not said that they shouldn't be increased. I think I mentioned that 3GB of RAM might be nice. As long as the device performs as well or better than the Z10, I will be pleased. If they bump up all the other specs except for resolution, IDGAF.

YOU are the one who is always whining about all the specs and that BB is over charging, except that you DON"T KNOW what the specs or prices are of the released phone, because it HASN'T BEEN ANNOUNCED. Yet here your saying that the phone will fail, no one will buy it and BB is gouging customers.

It is pretty sad that you can't differentiate between the lack of need for a 1080p screen on a small phone and all the other specs. Do you have comprehension problems as I keep repeating that I only care that they stick to 720p as it is no benefit to consumers, is in fact a benefit for battery life and a benefit for app development. Battery life and apps being of more concern to customers than 1080p. So please realize that I am only talking about 720 vs 1080. In case you missed it, I only an talking about 720 vs 1080. And in case you missed it, I am only talking about 720 vs 1080. Got it?? I doubt it.
    07-17-13 07:02 AM
    all the latest Samsung TV have 1080p but i agree that 1080 in a smartphone of 5" is useless, in a tabphone like galaxy note 3 of 5,7" it may give a little difference
    I believe all 19" are still 720P. Though I know they will all be going to 1080P sooner or later not because of resolution but to have a unified system in Samsung screens.
    07-17-13 07:09 AM
    all the latest Samsung TV have 1080p but i agree that 1080 in a smartphone of 5" is useless, in a tabphone like galaxy note 3 of 5,7" it may give a little difference
    Yes. The Playbook has a great screen even with the lower ppi. Once you get below the ppi of what someone with 20/20 vision can see, then it should be upped.

To give you an idea of how silly having 1080 on a 5 inch screen is, here is a comparison.

The Sony Xperia i1 will have 441 ppi.

The A10 will have 295 ppi.

Sony's new 84 inch 4K TV. Sony's 84-inch 4K TV in stores by end of the year has an outstanding 52 ppi. and it will be sold for 30,000 dollars. And what are the reviews? Hands on with Sony to quote them.
    it’s a really really ridiculously good-looking screen.
    07-17-13 07:16 AM
    I believe all 19" are still 720P. Though I know they will all be going to 1080P sooner or later not because of resolution but to have a unified system in Samsung screens.
    As long as the smartphone can output 1080p, then all is good. The Z10 already does that.
    07-17-13 07:17 AM
    Talk about comprehension problems. How can you miss that I have said nothing about price, cpu, gpu, camera, storage, RAM. I have not said that they shouldn't be increased. I think I mentioned that 3GB of RAM might be nice. As long as the device performs as well or better than the Z10, I will be pleased. If they bump up all the other specs except for resolution, IDGAF.

YOU are the one who is always whining about all the specs and that BB is over charging, except that you DON"T KNOW what the specs or prices are of the released phone, because it HASN'T BEEN ANNOUNCED. Yet here your saying that the phone will fail, no one will buy it and BB is gouging customers.

It is pretty sad that you can't differentiate between the lack of need for a 1080p screen on a small phone and all the other specs. Do you have comprehension problems as I keep repeating that I only care that they stick to 720p as it is no benefit to consumers, is in fact a benefit for battery life and a benefit for app development. Battery life and apps being of more concern to customers than 1080p. So please realize that I am only talking about 720 vs 1080. In case you missed it, I only an talking about 720 vs 1080. And in case you missed it, I am only talking about 720 vs 1080. Got it?? I doubt it.
    Therefore, just try to understand, that you are answering people, who are commenting on the whole spec sheet.

Everything in this phone is old, and nothing warrants a big price tag.

And no, it does not help that you think 1080p is useless.
    It's also part of the spec sheet and if the A10 would have the exact same specs as the Samsung S4, except for the screen, the A10 would still be overpriced, because the S4 uses better tech.

What the price and what the hardware will be, is not hard to anticipate, especially with the latest leaks.
    We also know how BlackBerry introduced the Q5 and the Z10.

Overpriced.

Have you read the reviews for the Q5?
    Every review I read and I read a lot of them, said that the phone is overpriced.

As was said before:
    If the spec sheet doesn't change anymore, the phone should be sold for the same price as the Nexus 4.

And to conclude:
    People in here are talking about the whole spec sheet. Not only about the screen.
    And the specs, as of now, are nothing special at all, in fact, the specs are subpar.

You trying to only talk about the screen, doesn't change that, as it is a part of the comparison with other flagships.
    And the A10 is worse in every category.

Have you read the latest news, where BlackBerry admittedly cut the production in half for their handsets because they aren't selling?
    Well, the price is one of the reasons for it.

And to use your language:
    IDGAF about what you GAF.

My theme is price.
    Your theme is a tutorial on how to be stuck in the past.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 07:43 AM

Sony's new 84 inch 4K TV. Sony's 84-inch 4K TV in stores by end of the year has an outstanding 52 ppi. and it will be sold for 30,000 dollars. And what are the reviews? Hands on with Sony to quote them.
    And what is the viewing distance ?

How big is the competition?

How is the pricing for a similar product from the competition?

The last 2 questions applied on the Samsung Galaxy S4 and the BlackBerry A10, show us again why a high price tag for the A10 would just be embarassing.

Some call it the structure of the market...

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 07:50 AM
    And what is the viewing distance ?

How big is the competition?

How is the pricing for a similar product from the competition?

The last 2 questions applied on the Samsung Galaxy S4 and the BlackBerry A10, show us again why a high price tag for the A10 would just be embarassing.

Some call it the structure of the market...

Posted via CB10
    The viewing distance would have to be at the other end of the house to get the same viewing experience as when you read your smartphone. Between 16 and 46 feet.

Is This ARISTO?-500x1000px-ll-5fc500ca_200ppdengleski.png

What are the final specs of the A10 and what is the pricing?
    07-17-13 07:59 AM
    The viewing distance would have to be at the other end of the house to get the same viewing experience as when you read your smartphone.

What are the final specs of the A10 and what is the pricing?
    Just to make it clear:

If the leaked specs hold true, and my assertion that the phone will launch in the 600$ realm holds true as well, would you finally admit that the phone is overpriced?

If yes, please say so

Edit:

You completely ignored the structure of the market again.
    Aginst whom/what does the 30k television compete?

If it is overpriced or not, will be decided by the competition and the law of supply/demand combined with some cross price elasticity. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cross...city_of_demand

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by MarsupilamiX; 07-17-13 at 08:37 AM.
    07-17-13 08:03 AM
    You completely ignored the structure of the market again.
    Aginst whom/what does the 30k television compete?

If it is overpriced or not, will be decided by the competition and the law of supply/demand combined with some cross price elasticity. Cross elasticity of demand - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Posted via CB10
    You are ignoring the target market. The law of supply and demand is for the targeted consumer. Men don't care what the price of tampons are, they wouldn't buy them no matter how cheap.
    07-17-13 08:49 AM
    You are ignoring the target market. The law of supply and demand is for the targeted consumer. Men don't care what the price of tampons are, they wouldn't buy them no matter how cheap.
    They are good for bullet wounds.
    07-17-13 08:55 AM
    Apparently that is your problem...

The target market for a 5 inch phone, is the Android flagship buyer...

And the A10 offers less than smartphones from one year ago...

The law of supply and demand has a direct effect on the price of the 84 inch TV, as it needs components and manufacturing methods that aren't used on a massive scale... Why insert (pun intended) tampons into the discussion?

If anything, you proved a lack of reading comprehension yet again.

And I'll ask you again:
    Just to make it clear:

If the leaked specs hold true, and my assertion that the phone will launch in the 600$ realm holds true as well, would you finally admit that the phone is overpriced?

If yes, please say so
    Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 09:23 AM
    It's probably going to be $600 if you look at where the z10,q10 and the q5 is right now. It's not hard to make accurate predictions.I don't think dual core is enough, there is lag on bb10 on my z10 for even the native apps. Check out twitter for example, try scrolling you'll see a lot of stuttering. To say there is no lag is not true at all.
    07-17-13 10:17 AM
    It's probably going to be $600 if you look at where the z10,q10 and the q5 is right now. It's not hard to make accurate predictions.I don't think dual core is enough, there is lag on bb10 on my z10 for even the native apps. Check out twitter for example, try scrolling you'll see a lot of stuttering. To say there is no lag is not true at all.
    No lag ever on my Z10 except with my old version of sideloaded Netflix, but I don't use Twitter. Sounds like crappy coding since there is nothing in Twitter that should tax even a single core enough to stutter.

I read somewhere that current versions of Android can't use more than two cores even if you have them.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 12:31 PM
    There could be lots of reasons why, because for one, it's better display technology.
    2. A 50 inch TV at 1080p is 44ppi. So they say it's a beautiful display because they haven't seen an 8k display at the same size.

Basically, they haven't seen anything better, matter fact, they've only seen WORSE.

Smartphone segment is different, people have seen screens at 1080p. Not only that, it's been STANDARDIZED for flagships. Apple is another story, they sell easy to use stuff for people who aren't technology savvy.

BlackBerry aren't in the same boat. They should atleast be up to competition. And not come out with specs from 1+ years ago. If Android manufacturers can get these components, so can BlackBerry.
    07-17-13 01:13 PM
    No lag ever on my Z10 except with my old version of sideloaded Netflix, but I don't use Twitter. Sounds like crappy coding since there is nothing in Twitter that should tax even a single core enough to stutter.

I read somewhere that current versions of Android can't use more than two cores even if you have them.

Posted via CB10
    Not even just twitter. If you have at least 4 apps that utilize active frames open and you scroll back and forth between the hub and the apps there's frame rate drop. BlackBerry 10 is not perfect speedwise, more power is always welcomed.

Android apps like any app needs to be written to utilize cores. Most apps probably don't use it.
    07-17-13 01:25 PM
    Not even just twitter. If you have at least 4 apps that utilize active frames open and you scroll back and forth between the hub and the apps there's frame rate drop. BlackBerry 10 is not perfect speedwise, more power is always welcomed.

Android apps like any app needs to be written to utilize cores. Most apps probably don't use it.
    The stutter/frame rate drop that happens when swiping between the HUB and active frames is something that annoyed me for quite some time now.

I may be hyper sensitive, but I see it very often, and because the other transitions are very good, a slight frame rate drop becomes even more apparent.

If we look at the settings app (yes it is written in Air, but the phone is out for 5+ months now, so that obviously is beyond excuse) I could show you lagging, stuttering and frame rate drops every single second I use it.

So no, to use BB10 right now, does not grant a perfectly lag free experience.

It still is far above average though.

Posted via CB10
    07-17-13 01:34 PM
    This is what the A10 should be like!! This guy stole the words right out of my mouth

http://forums.crackberry.com/blackbe...1/#post8841550

I'd like it and thank it 1,000,000 times. Definitely the best thread on these forums at the moment.
    07-17-13 04:18 PM
    Twitter and Facebook.
    Loppizzle likes this.
    07-19-13 02:30 PM
    Sorry, CB10 acting up :P

Twitter/4sq/Instagram/CB/Steam: @Loppizzle Dr. Michael Lopez, B.Sc, M.D.
    12-01-13 08:49 PM
    And this is exactly why we need the update

Posted via CB10
    12-01-13 09:05 PM
    Case in point. Nice.

SQN100-1 + 10.2.1.1055 | STA100-3 + 10.2.1.1055
    12-01-13 09:11 PM
    So I'm guessing the Z30 ended up being th Aristo?

12-01-13 09:16 PM
    So I'm guessing the Z30 ended up being th Aristo?

Well, one of them. My STA100-5 is an Aramis.

I think Aristo is the mythical STA100-1.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 01:05 AM
    What is sta100-2?

Posted via Awesome Aristo on CB10
    12-02-13 01:26 AM
    What is sta100-2?

Posted via Awesome Aristo on CB10
    Astro, I think.

Posted via CB10
    12-02-13 08:53 AM
275 ... 91011