They should follow the F1-car manufacturer marketing model... make a device that is ridiculously specced, at a correspondingly high price. Who cares if only a few can afford it... It's there and it proves they technologically can .

It's your fault if you are too poor to afford an F1, or AMG-tuned car. Although I'm sure some would still complain they can't get it for $49.99.

Posted via CB10
    You mean like a Vertu?
    07-11-13 11:32 PM
    notwithstanding Bla1ze's comment, Crackberry jumped on this picture fairly quickly and I quote: "The first image of the BlackBerry A10 has been leaked! It's looking an awful lot like the BlackBerry Z10"
    There was no "possible image of an A10", he seemed pretty definitive in his analysis. I saw the topic posted, saw it was moved to a different forum about 5 minutes later and about 5 minutes later after that it was in an article on the home page. Crackberry people have likely seen lots of secret, non-public stuff and are not allowed to release it, so the first time they see it, they are quick to pass it on, becuse they aren't the one that leaked it, but knowing what they know, they can confirm it fairly definitively, which is what happened here.

The tennis court guy (sorry bud, forget your user name) has confirmed that this was the phone he saw.

I am sorry to say that this is likely the A10. I'm not keen on it, but I would want to see more pictures before making a final like/hate decision. I think it looks like the bottom bezel is stainless, just poor lighting makes it look white. I like that mockup in black, though. But I will say this, I do not like how long the Z10 is with the bezel and the frame and wished they had eliminated the top and bottom frame piece somehow. I realized that it would make it harder to swipe from the bottom when using the phone in one hand and the bottom frame piece makes it much easier. To me this looks like Blackberry trying to compromise exatly what my thoughts were about the Z10.
    Last edited by chrispdm1; 07-12-13 at 09:23 AM.
    dannykavs likes this.
    07-11-13 11:35 PM
    Let's hope this is not the intended look for it is far from a crowd pleaser in appearance. BlackBerry needs to hit the market with an I love it not hate it . Looks are going to sell and long with cutting edge technology and a battery life that's killer.

Posted via CB10
    07-11-13 11:37 PM
    Aristo in Black
    Attachment 181713

Posted via CB10
    Holy ****! That looks sooooo much better. Thank you fine sir.

Z10in' since the Beginnin'
    07-11-13 11:55 PM
    They should follow the F1-car manufacturer marketing model... make a device that is ridiculously specced, at a correspondingly high price. Who cares if only a few can afford it... It's there and it proves they technologically can .

It's your fault if you are too poor to afford an F1, or AMG-tuned car. Although I'm sure some would still complain they can't get it for $49.99.

Posted via CB10
    how would that work? would the spec be something like

5.2" 1080p super AOMLED screen
    2.3ghz quad core CPU
    3Gb ram
    13mp camera
    virtually no side bezel

wait, that's not `ridiculous specced` at all, that's what the Optimus G2, Nexus 5 and the new Droid are meant to be. that (wether you agree with it or not) is tablestakes for the holiday season of 2013.
    dual core 720p screens wasn't even top end for holiday season last year, that was still quad core.
    cwalt2166 likes this.
    07-12-13 12:13 AM
    The tennis court guy (sorry bud, forget your user name) has confirmed that this was the phone he saw.
    in fairness to all parties I remember the SGS4 had like 5 different shells on the same phone at one point so the design didn't leak, so odds are even if its not the `exact A10` its most probably a very recent prototype or carrier test device. either way its a fair sign of whats coming as this far into the product cycle your past that `point of no return` other than a few aesthetic tweaks.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    07-12-13 12:15 AM
    how would that work? would the spec be something like

5.2" 1080p super AOMLED screen
    2.3ghz quad core CPU
    3Gb ram
    13mp camera
    virtually no side bezel

wait, that's not `ridiculous specced` at all, that's what the Optimus G2, Nexus 5 and the new Droid are meant to be. that (wether you agree with it or not) is tablestakes for the holiday season of 2013.
    dual core 720p screens wasn't even top end for holiday season last year, that was still quad core.
    I'm sure they can find something more to add... a blood glucose meter or something... lol

But my point is... even if they did just matched the top of the line specs... and just due to their scale would have to price it higher. How would people react? Would that be cool even though it would not be as accesible to consumers?

I'm saying they should just do it... match or exceeds the specs and price it high so that people stop saying they aren't listening or can't .... and then come out with a slightly lower specced device that runs just as smoothly (because they engineered it more efficiently to start with) and price it at a slightly lower price than the top-of the line Androids.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 12:37 AM
    If it's going to be a combination of Z10 and Q10 then it's going to be a super flop. BlackBerry needs to invent something new.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 01:26 AM
    More than likely it is, the screen will not be 1080p that is for sure.
    07-12-13 01:52 AM
    I don't need a 1080p screen. I have a 60incher for that.
    07-12-13 02:00 AM
    notwithstanding Bla1ze's comment
    Thanks for recognizing that I wasn't so definitive.
    chrispdm1 likes this.
    07-12-13 02:11 AM
    The article says it is 720p. I highly doubt it would have a lower res screen than the z1

Posted via CB10
    No full hd would be a no-go for lots of people who want a 5" device.

Z10 STL100-2 10.1.0.4543
    Mr.Willie likes this.
    07-12-13 02:18 AM
    Wait, did people actually believe there would be a 1080p BlackBerry phone this year?

Unless you expected a really fragmented App store - we would've seen some kind major change (which I'm sure would've been a news item) in their Native SDK that supports a higher, screen resolution for 1080p screens. That probably won't come until BlackBerry 10.4 or beyond.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    07-12-13 02:49 AM
    Personally, I hope this is just 1 of the prototypes/concepts out there, and I seriously hopes the specs listed isn't final. I'm just going to take a wait and see approach before buying one. If it turns out to be nothing but an oversized Z10, I'll either buy the Z, or just get one of the other phones, but no fruit phone.

Please BB, let this photo leak be a joke, likewise with the specs, we aren't in 2011/12 anymore.
    07-12-13 03:08 AM
    I'm in with the A10! Still lovin' my Z10 till then!

Posted via CB10
    SDTRMG likes this.
    07-12-13 03:08 AM
    I'm sure they can find something more to add... a blood glucose meter or something... lol
    As an aside, there is a blood glucose meter called the iBGStar that plugs into an iPhone. It's got an app too. Pretty neat.
    AnimalPak200 likes this.
    07-12-13 03:16 AM
    Where is the led? It's a fail Photoshop every one can see this

Sent from my BlackBerry 10 smartphone.
    07-12-13 04:21 AM
    Looks great. I cannot wait not to buy this device. I just got my Z10. Not worried about buying anything new yet. Also, not entirely sure if that is the actual A10. Who really cares until the actual device drops?
    07-12-13 04:54 AM
    Why is the bottom white and the top not.....odd.

Z10in' since the Beginnin'
    It appears to be glare from light reflection overhead. The bottom edge could be beveled, creating this very illusion.
    07-12-13 05:15 AM
    It is disappointing, but not really surprising. Oh and I'm in before Bluenoser comes to tell everyone that 720p on a 5" screen is perfect.

Typed on my Dev Alpha C, Posted Via CB10
    So I am not the only one wondering, if the guy understood, who BlackBerry's competition is, and why he is in EVERY thread, defending a premium price tag, for pretty embarrassing specs?

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 05:20 AM
    This is poor planning, the OS must be scalable! Android supports various screen resolution. I am not comparing but just pointing out!
    The OS does support multiple resolutions so you are talking about things that you don't know.

https://developer.blackberry.com/cas...tic_asset.html

It is just that 1080p isn't one that is needed by customers. You cannot see the difference. It also uses more battery and it a big change in icons, images and development for developers. There is no reward in going other than 1080 other than bragging that my smartphone uses more power than yours.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    07-12-13 05:29 AM
    blackberry is already down as it is and they want to release a 720p screen in 2012....sorry 2013.....hope they have some trick under their sleeves in marketing? or they should get ready to get plummeted by the media if they release that...bringing this phone out at the end of the year when all other flagship devices are bringing out 1080p screens as a standard would be the final nail on the coffin...
    No the final nail would be releasing a phone that no apps can run on. Almost all native apps would have to be rewritten to support the 1080 resolution. So you want them to release a 1080 phone that has no apps and won't look any clearer than a 720 one. Now that is a good business decision.
    SDTRMG likes this.
    07-12-13 05:32 AM
    So I am not the only one wondering, if the guy understood, who BlackBerry's competition is, and why he is in EVERY thread, defending a premium price tag, for pretty embarrassing specs?

Posted via CB10
    Says the snake oil salesman. Funny how the only spec that I mention is the 720 and that is because you cannot see the difference. And if the rumor is right that it is a S-Stripe OLED. It will be a very sharp screen and you won't see any difference. I don't remember many people saying that the Playbook screen was crappy and it was a 7 inch screen with 600 pixels.
    07-12-13 05:47 AM
    No the final nail would be releasing a phone that no apps can run on. Almost all native apps would have to be rewritten to support the 1080 resolution. So you want them to release a 1080 phone that has no apps and won't look any clearer than a 720 one. Now that is a good business decision.
    That BlackBerry's flagship uses a 720p display is a bad business decision, because it shows BlackBerry's lack of foresight in the ability to tell where future consumer trends will be.

The bad business decision, begins the moment in time, when BlackBerry was unable to do that.
    The funny joke is, that by the time the Z10 launched, it was already clear that 1080p and octacore processors are on their way for flagships.

The entire A10, with the rumoured specs (and the quadcore) is a bad business decision, if it doesn't launch for a very decent price.

Says the snake oil salesman. Funny how the only spec that I mention is the 720 and that is because you cannot see the difference. And if the rumor is right that it is a S-Stripe OLED. It will be a very sharp screen and you won't see any difference. I don't remember many people saying that the Playbook screen was crappy and it was a 7 inch screen with 600 pixels.
    I am talking about the whole package, funny, that after one month, your reading comprehension still is that bad.

And I didn't buy the iPad mini as well as the new MacBook Air because of the abysmal resolution.
    A TN Panel, without 1080p on a 13 inch Notebook.
    Whom exactly is Apple kidding there, when they also have a 13 inch Retina MacBook Pro?

We have 2013, not 2010. Times change and the display in the PlayBook downright sucks, compared to a new iPad.

Posted via CB10
    Mr.Willie likes this.
    07-12-13 05:52 AM
    The problem here is the 5inch screen. They should have stayed with the 4.65 inch screen. Look at the htc one x with its 720p resolution. Thats a awesome screen so no need for 1080p.

The phone has so much bezel that its going to end up being to big. I would have loved the z10 with a 4.5 inch screen and then there would be no need for the a10. Look at Nokia with their lumia range. 4.5 inch screens with 720p and they are beautifull.

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 05:58 AM
275 ... 34567 ...