This is the strangest issue I've ever had with any phone. I'll explain.........

I purchased my Z30 on eBay from a seller that I've known and trusted for years. This device was brand new and unopened. It is clearly Verizon branded, with all of the Verizon logos and software exactly where they should be. However, the MEID comes back as a non-Verizon device. When I login at my Verizon, It lists my Z30 as a non-Verizon device.

The strange part is, the device is working on the Verizon network perfectly. Even the Verizon reps are completely baffled. Any thoughts?
    01-02-14 01:24 AM
    It's a long shot explanation but because it was bought from a third party, it may have never been fully 'scanned' into Verizon's system and as such they have no record of it. I've had it happen to a Rogers GSM device once, third party retailers often buy in bulk and some devices just kinda slip through the cracks when it comes to their origin-destination codes. It's usually not a problem though as most IMEI-MEID's can be overridden in the carriers systems if they genuinely need to be.
    01-02-14 04:57 AM
    This is the strangest issue I've ever had with any phone. I'll explain.........

I purchased my Z30 on eBay from a seller that I've known and trusted for years. This device was brand new and unopened. It is clearly Verizon branded, with all of the Verizon logos and software exactly where they should be. However, the MEID comes back as a non-Verizon device. When I login at my Verizon, It lists my Z30 as a non-Verizon device.

The strange part is, the device is working on the Verizon network perfectly. Even the Verizon reps are completely baffled. Any thoughts?
    It is possible it's a gray market device. Sometimes units are destined to a reseller and "intercepted" and resold. It may have been made for Verizon but never reached them and therefore the IMEI is not registered in their database. Just a thought. Not sure if this is what happened in your case.

There is also brand counterfeiting. I don't think BlackBerry is that in demand to warrant that.

I had a customer once purchase some Cisco routers from a "reputable website" only to find out later when trying to register them that the items were counterfeit. He only saved about 2% of what they would have cost from us and wound up still having to buy legit product from us. Only source your tech from the proper channels is my take on this.
    chrisru likes this.
    01-02-14 05:03 AM
    Is it probably a refurbished device? Which while refurbished they branded it

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 05:45 AM
    I just got off of the phone with Blackberry. I gave them the pin, meid, and serial number. The device is genuine. They show it as a brand new, Verizon branded Blackberry Z30. They even knew the date it was activated. It works perfectly, so I guess that's all that really matters.
    01-02-14 02:19 PM
    I just got off of the phone with Blackberry. I gave them the pin, meid, and serial number. The device is genuine. They show it as a brand new, Verizon branded Blackberry Z30. They even knew the date it was activated. It works perfectly, so I guess that's all that really matters.
    Of course they know the activation date, what did you expect?
    What I'd like to know is if it does support wireless charging.

Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.1925 powered cb10
    01-02-14 02:23 PM
    Of course they know the activation date, what did you expect?
    What I'd like to know is if it does support wireless charging.

Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.1925 powered cb10
    I figured they would know the activation date. My concern was whether the device was genuine and not counterfeit. As far as wireless charging, yes it does support it. I use a Nokia DT-900 charging plate.
    01-02-14 02:32 PM
    I recently had a similar experience. I purchased my Z30 directly from BlackBerry through their employee discount program and it took nine days to get it activated. Since I didn't purchase it from Verizon it was not in their DMD ( device management database) do I had to submit several DMD requests to have it added. If the ebay seller acquired the phone in a similar manner that probably explains the naked IMEI.
    01-02-14 08:46 PM
    I recently had a similar experience. I purchased my Z30 directly from BlackBerry through their employee discount program and it took nine days to get it activated. Since I didn't purchase it from Verizon it was not in their DMD ( device management database) do I had to submit several DMD requests to have it added. If the ebay seller acquired the phone in a similar manner that probably explains the naked IMEI.
    Mine didn't take that long to activate. I simply pulled my SIM card from my HTC one, and put it in the Z30. It instantly activated. I only noticed the issue when I logged onto My Verizon to pay my bill. According to his eBay feedback, he has sold several other z30's. The feedback is positive.
    01-02-14 11:13 PM
    It works perfectly, so I guess that's all that really matters.
    I'd pretty much leave it at that.

There could be a dozen or more reason an IMEI wouldn't be in their system, especially since you didn't buy it there.. in the end, completely irrelevant. It doesn't need to be in their system to use it. Only the sim card does.

Posted via CB10
    01-02-14 11:25 PM
    My previous Berry was 3g and The Verizon CSR wouldn't activate a 4g sim card for me so I had to resort to more drastic measures to get it activated. If I had a 4g device it would have been much easier
    01-02-14 11:33 PM
    I'd pretty much leave it at that.

There could be a dozen or more reason an IMEI wouldn't be in their system, especially since you didn't buy it there.. in the end, completely irrelevant. It doesn't need to be in their system to use it. Only the sim card does.

Posted via CB10
    Very True.
    01-03-14 01:37 AM