I live in Northern California and upgraded from a Z10 to Z30 from GSM Nation. Yesterday, I went into a small phone repair shop in San Mateo, CA and asked him " have you seen a Z30?" His answer, "Sure we have repaired three of them in the last month." One was cracked screen, one was water damage, and one was a bad connector.

My point is that if three people in just ONE repair store have brought in Z30s to repair there must be A LOT of people getting their hands on the Z30!

And please don't drag this post down the path of the Z30 not being durable, etc. If you don't understand my point so be it. Jim
    01-11-14 09:07 PM
    Yesterday, I went into a small phone repair shop in San Mateo, CA and asked him " have you seen a Z30?" His answer, "Sure we have repaired three of them in the last month." . . .

My point is that if three people in just ONE repair store have brought in Z30s to repair there must be A LOT of people getting their hands on the Z30!
    That's a convenience sample.

Tricky/unwise to generalize from such.
    schmeat and coldfir3 like this.
    01-11-14 09:29 PM
    My friend just bought a Z30 (off-contract, Verizon) and now the pressure is on for me...
    01-11-14 09:44 PM
    Grin

Posted via CB10
    01-11-14 09:54 PM
    Here in SoCal(Orange County), I'm one of six Z30 owners. That, according to the local(Cypress)Verizon store.
    01-11-14 11:26 PM
    That's one way to see it... but it doesn't really represent the population... unless, we have an idea of Z30's breakdown or damaged by users in percentage...

The most accurate observation is go to a mall, and count how many people you observe using their mobiles... and from that population, how many of them is actually using Z30...

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 12:00 AM
    The bottomline is, there are still blackberry users everywhere.
    extisis and johnm137 like this.
    01-12-14 02:53 AM
    Sample sizes that small are very inaccurate.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 10:51 AM
    There are people out there with them but it is a very rare phone. I have yet to see one in the wild other than my own. Its like seeing a rare animal: you know they are out there but you also know you will probably never see one

Posted via my Z30
    kbz1960 likes this.
    01-12-14 12:01 PM
    Sample sizes that small are very inaccurate.

Posted via CB10
    I doubt that the OP was trying to make a scientific research report...just glad there are BlackBerry users out there!

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 12:16 PM
    I like the look, but I just prefer the size of my z10, I have seen people using the galaxy is it note or tab? With a 5+ inch screen and it looks ridiculous ...In my honest opinion

Regards David

Digicel Jamaica Official10.2.1.1925 release
    Jimberry Storm likes this.
    01-12-14 12:17 PM
    I agree, the 'size' of the Zed 10 is really a perfect, "logical" fit for your hand on the go. Not too big, yet not too small.
    01-12-14 12:25 PM
    I just want BlackBerry to finally get some respect for building a quality product, that is better than any iphone on the market. Because the sales of the BB10 phones have been low, people assume it's the product. Iphone5 is a good phone, but the Z10 and especially the Z30 are better, yet all you see is Iphones everywhere, and all you hear is "BlackBerry sucks". I like what Chen is doing, now it's time to show the consumer how great BlackBerry is.

Via The BlackBerry Z10 Experience.
    01-12-14 12:45 PM
    I doubt that the OP was trying to make a scientific research report...just glad there are BlackBerry users out there!

Posted via CB10
    I realize that, but the OP was jumping to conclusions saying that since there are a few where he is that must mean there must be a ton of users out there. There just isn't any logic behind that.
    01-12-14 01:00 PM
    There is always one in a thread like this!

Good report OP

Posted with my gorgeous Z30
    bb624 and cjcampbell like this.
    01-12-14 01:19 PM
    I hope your right, I can?t stop using mine, it's in my hands more than it needs to be, I'm addicted, wish more people knew how great of a phone it really is.

Thanks for the post OP.

Posted using my beloved Z30 on 2.2.1.1925
    01-12-14 01:29 PM
    Z30 is Yeti of mobile devices

Posted via CB10 on my sweet Z30!
    milo53 and cwalt2166 like this.
    01-12-14 02:56 PM
    A repair guy seeing a lot of a certain phone is not necessarily a good thing.. .

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 02:59 PM
    I hope they're selling in your area, I have yet to see another bb10 device out in public at all. Not that I'm really looking for them (I'm the kind of person who seems to look right through people to what I'm actually concerned with at the moment, kind of hyper focused I guess) but I haven't noticed any at all. In fact I was in a vzw store the other day to try and pick up a spare wireless charger for my office downstairs and the sales reps exact words were. "I've never seen someone with that phone, you paid a lot of money for that. Didn't you?" the second part is irrelevant as he knew I bought it off contract, but the first part is what stands out to me as he went on to say that he hasn't sold a single one yet.

We can argue that they arent promoted enough in stores or through advertising, but the point is it's a great phone, however, it isn't selling like it should.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 03:12 PM
    I am in the metro Detroit area and I have yet to see a z30 in the wild. I even went to the Verizon store to demo one and was told they have to be ordered online which really pissed me off.

How can you expect to demo a device and get it into the consumers hands if you don't even have one in the freaking store???

These are the issues that Blackberry should be addressing ASAP. But who I am I? Just a consumer who might want to buy one of their products.

Sent using the CB app
    01-12-14 03:19 PM
    A repair guy seeing a lot of a certain phone is not necessarily a good thing.. .

Posted via CB10
    weve just met but that was a dumb thing to say.
    01-12-14 03:50 PM
    On tweakers.net a dutch site they have a poll which brand will die this year.

BlackBerry get 54% of 7000 votes and people really thinking blackberry sucks.

Also in my company. An operator in the Netherlands. The head sales director ,when she visit and we ask her about the blackberry Z30 she answered "does blackberry still exists ". WTF we are a mobile service operator and that is the answer. That's why we don't selling blackberry Z30.

I don't know but it looks nobody taking blackberry seriously.

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 04:06 PM
    I live in Germany and there is a small Vodafone shop on the opposite side of the street. A couple of days ago I walked in and the sales guy told me that despite poor sales of Z10 and only a few Q10 he already sold quite a few Z30. He also had all new models apart from the Z10 working in his shop.

To be fair I have not seen anybody apart from me using a Z30 so far...

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 04:51 PM
    On tweakers.net a dutch site they have a poll which brand will die this year.

BlackBerry get 54% of 7000 votes and people really thinking blackberry sucks.

Also in my company. An operator in the Netherlands. The head sales director ,when she visit and we ask her about the blackberry Z30 she answered "does blackberry still exists ". WTF we are a mobile service operator and that is the answer. That's why we don't selling blackberry Z30.

I don't know but it looks nobody taking blackberry seriously.

Posted via CB10
    I honestly don't think RIM takes BlackBerry seriously.
    01-12-14 04:58 PM
    I just want BlackBerry to finally get some respect for building a quality product, that is better than any iphone on the market. Because the sales of the BB10 phones have been low, people assume it's the product. Iphone5 is a good phone, but the Z10 and especially the Z30 are better, yet all you see is Iphones everywhere, and all you hear is "BlackBerry sucks". I like what Chen is doing, now it's time to show the consumer how great BlackBerry is.

Via The BlackBerry Z10 Experience.
    BlackBerry MARKETING sucks!

Posted via CB10
    01-12-14 05:01 PM
60 123