I've been using a Z30 on Verizon since 2014. As all of you are probably aware, the GPS function stopped working following the "GPS rollout" last fall for at least Verizon customers.

My question - is this just a Verizon issue? Are there people still using this phone on a different carrier with working GPS? If so, what model (STA-1005?) is your phone and what carrier are you using?

I will gladly drop my Verizon service and purchase an unlocked Z30 just to keep using this phone with the added benefit of GPS. I just want to know this is possible first...

Thanks!

Wes
    08-13-20 02:13 AM
    I've been using a Z30 on Verizon since 2014. As all of you are probably aware, the GPS function stopped working following the "GPS rollout" last fall for at least Verizon customers.

My question - is this just a Verizon issue? Are there people still using this phone on a different carrier with working GPS? If so, what model (STA-1005?) is your phone and what carrier are you using?

I will gladly drop my Verizon service and purchase an unlocked Z30 just to keep using this phone with the added benefit of GPS. I just want to know this is possible first...

Thanks!

Wes
    By most accounts US Carrier's are about to drop support for all BB10 devices..... Maybe it's just time to upgrade your phone?
    John Albert likes this.
    08-13-20 07:10 AM

Thanks!

Wes
    Your only real option for using the -5 is TMO and you could have worse issues switching because the phone is only running LTE on small number of bands TMO used back in 2012-2013 era. It’s even worse on AT&T since I could only manage 3G & HSPA so that’s a no good.

Sadly this phone is like a Corvette, no gas and Tesla recharging stations only
    08-13-20 07:23 AM
    The native BB Maps app stopped working for me but Google Maps, Maps.me, and Magic Earth all worked fine on my Classic.
    08-14-20 06:25 PM
    My Z30 GPS and BB Maps are still working on Mint Mobile. It's an STA100-5.

Posted via CB10
    10-02-20 10:25 PM
    Yes still works on my classic. Phone does not have an associated retailer. I always have start a trip while im connected to wifi but it stays connected after I leave its range. You can use the device expert application to test for satellite connection.

Posted via CB10
    10-06-20 09:35 AM