Have a Z10 and sorta thinking of getting a Z30. If you are how/where did you get it and are you happy with it?

Go Black and Never Go Back.
    01-22-14 01:31 PM
    I got mine OK Kijiji and the paratek antenna is well worth it. I've noticed a significant improvement in cellular reception and the battery is amazing. Make sure that you get STA-100-5 for it to work in Wind. As always, use precautions and inspect the phone carefully to make sure it's working and the phone is unlocked even if the seller says so.

Personally I don't like to buy brand new sealed units unless the seller has proof of purchase because I'm afraid it might be stolen. I like to buy like new used phones that comes with the box and all accessories. Also, make sure to compare the IMEI number on the phone to make sure it makes with the IMEI On the box.

Posted via CB10
    01-22-14 01:43 PM
    My son switched from a Z10 to a Z30 and is on WIND and so far loves it. He particularly likes the extra oomph the phone has that in the specs seem minimal but in practice he can definitely see and feel. The last speed test he ran was just under 16Mb/s which I believe he took at Front/Bay in Toronto but his constant speeds are between 12-14Mb/s, the fastest he got on his Z10 was about 10Mb/s. Uploads are improved too but I can't remember what they are. Overall voice quality is superb too.
    01-22-14 01:46 PM
    Nhankn are you telling me my tellus sta 100-5 unlocked will work with wind because if thats the case im porting to wind soon?
    01-22-14 08:31 PM
    Yes. Yes it can. I bought a Z30 from Telus and unlocked it. And I'm using it on Wind.

Posted from the Shield Helicarrier - via Z30
    BoldBigWorm likes this.
    01-22-14 08:34 PM
    Using mine on Mobilicity which should be very similar. Works with no issues.
    BoldBigWorm likes this.
    01-22-14 08:40 PM
    I picked one up last week for use on wind and no issues here. I don't notice much difference in the reception between this and the z10 but the phone itself is much better. This is 100-5.

Posted via CB10
    BoldBigWorm likes this.
    01-22-14 09:07 PM
    Yes definitely STA-100-5 models work on Wind network.

Nhankn are you telling me my tellus sta 100-5 unlocked will work with wind because if thats the case im porting to wind soon?

Posted via CB10
    BoldBigWorm likes this.
    01-22-14 10:06 PM
    Yes, it works excellent with Wind. I bought mine at telus. You must make sure its a 100-5 model.

Posted via CB10
    BoldBigWorm likes this.
    01-22-14 11:24 PM
    Ahhhh **** THX again Crackberrian's this is some very good news for me! Wind isn't the greatest internet speeds but they are the best hands down when it comes to pricing!
    01-23-14 02:04 AM
    Yeah just try your Z30 on Wind for a month first and don't sign up for Wind Tab yet to get another phone so that way you can test out the reception to see if it's working well in your area and is to your expectations. I had a Z10 and the Wind coverage in my little area in Toronto is a dead zone 90% of the time when I'm at home for some reason so I switched to the Z30 and have seen a significant improvement (sometimes the signal still drops due to bad weather and extremely poor signal strength). Most importantly if we miss a call, Wind has Missed Call Alert and will send us a text message indicating the time and phone number of the person who's trying to contact us.

Ahhhh **** THX again Crackberrian's this is some very good news for me! Wind isn't the greatest internet speeds but they are the best hands down when it comes to pricing!

Posted via CB10
    01-23-14 03:49 AM
    WIND will give you up to $400, depending on plan, in service credits if you open a new account and bring your own device. The $39 promotional plan is very similar to their $50 plan, the only major difference is that the service credits don't apply and has Canada wide calling as apposed to Canada/US calling and is on only until February 2nd:

https://www.windmobile.ca/plans-and-...mate-unlimited

I was with WIND until January 2013 and left after 3 years with them due to spending more time in PQ and Down East for work. I was more than happy with their service and would still be with them if I could be.
    01-23-14 07:27 AM