Was at a friends' on Friday night and he's a Samsung S4 user and his wife got him the Samsung SmartWatch for Christmas, and I was actually surprised and intrigued at the "usefulness" of it.

Just wondering if anyone with a BB10 here has gotten any of the ones out there (Pebble, Samsung, Qualcomm) to work with BB10 at all...would love to hear how it is working.

From my minimal web research it doesn't seem like any of them have a "native" BB10 compatibility, but hoping that sideloading the Android app works...

Thanks!
    Kev
    01-27-14 03:30 PM
    I have the gear. You can root the gear to be able to pair with the z30 through blue tooth. Google it. There are step by step instructions. The only thing you are able to do is place and answer calls which is pretty cool, but I'm waiting for an app that will allow more. Gearmanager doesn't work.

Via CB10 Rogers Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925/1926 Radio
    01-27-14 04:05 PM
    Yes, Talk2Watch through BB world works fine with the pebble.
    jakie55 likes this.
    01-27-14 04:20 PM
    Don't use a watch

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 05:06 PM
    I got my son the latest bluetooth g-shock watch for Christmas. He lost it a week later so you know where this post is heading...

Posted via CB10
    01-27-14 08:30 PM
    My Sony smartwatch2 sw for new 0fficial10.2.1 .apk crashes on Z30...can somebody help

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 10:39 AM
    Been using a pebble with talk2watch but its limited by what APIs blackberry makes available. Its not even close to the experience u can get on an android.

sent from my nexus 4........while on the can.
    01-29-14 11:18 AM
    there are lots of features coming in t2w for the pebble. the developer listen a lot an we have bbm group in which we talk everything about pebble.
    things you can do:
    -get all your emails and texts to your watch.
    -get current weather by clicking on watch.
    -control your music.

things you can't do yet:
    -caller id.
    -bbm messages.
    -active watchfaces.

regarding your messages. you can subscribe to free services like ifttt.com and get lots of services like weather, news, game sport updates (as the game is played, you get score updates and final game results), etc sent to your phone and they will all show on your watch.

if you buy a pebble. I highly suggest to buy it from best buy (online) if the watch is malfunctioning or you don't like it, you can return it on any store during the first month and order a new one. if you buy from pebble directly, the customer service is not great. better to deal with best buy than with pebble.
    Cordanim likes this.
    01-29-14 11:51 AM
    Anyone know why talk2watch isn't compatible with the Q10? I have a pebble but can't download the app

EDIT: just saw that it's 10.2 only. My phone is still on 10.1......

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 11:53 AM
    you need the latest relased OS or install the leak
    01-29-14 11:58 AM
    Been using a pebble with talk2watch but its limited by what APIs blackberry makes available. Its not even close to the experience u can get on an android.

It's the same experience you get w/ android.
    01-29-14 12:03 PM
    It's the same experience you get w/ android.
    U can't update the pebble software, add watch faces or apps, get call display, etc.

01-29-14 12:06 PM
    U can't update the pebble software, add watch faces or apps, get call display, etc.
    You might want to recheck that... When they released the metal band version they drastically updated the software.

I like the look of the new pebble, but It doesn't properly support my phone (and I just got a nice Fossil watch for Christmas)

Maybe in the future I'll look at a smartwatch, but I don't want one quite yet.
    01-29-14 01:20 PM
    you can update firmware, install any watchface. I make my own watchfaces. you need to install the pebble android app on your phone.
    01-29-14 02:34 PM
    Thanks for all the replies folks...so it seems like the Pebble and the Talk2Watch app give a pretty decent experience...which is nice, as it was the Pebble Steel I was really interested in

Kev
    01-29-14 03:18 PM
    there are lots of features coming in t2w for the pebble. the developer listen a lot an we have bbm group in which we talk everything about pebble.
    things you can do:
    -get all your emails and texts to your watch.
    -get current weather by clicking on watch.
    -control your music.

things you can't do yet:
    -caller id.
    -bbm messages.
    -active watchfaces.

regarding your messages. you can subscribe to free services like ifttt.com and get lots of services like weather, news, game sport updates (as the game is played, you get score updates and final game results), etc sent to your phone and they will all show on your watch.

if you buy a pebble. I highly suggest to buy it from best buy (online) if the watch is malfunctioning or you don't like it, you can return it on any store during the first month and order a new one. if you buy from pebble directly, the customer service is not great. better to deal with best buy than with pebble.
    I really miss being able to use my inPulse smart watch from the BlackBerry OS days. I beta tested it and we all communicated through a BBM group also.

Too bad their support went down. They were great in the Beta, reissuing watches since they had tons of QC issues.

I'm not buying another smart watch without native BlackBerry support. I want full 100% supported features.

Posted via CB10
    01-29-14 05:07 PM
    I really miss being able to use my inPulse smart watch from the BlackBerry OS days. I beta tested it and we all communicated through a BBM group also.

Too bad their support went down. They were great in the Beta, reissuing watches since they had tons of QC issues.

I'm not buying another smart watch without native BlackBerry support. I want full 100% supported features.

Posted via CB10
    its very sad. that might never happened. as none of the watches in development are planning to support blackberry. at least the ones I have seen.
    01-29-14 07:29 PM
    its very sad. that might never happened. as none of the watches in development are planning to support blackberry. at least the ones I have seen.
    Yeah it's very unfortunate. I won't buy a Pebble since their is no official support. It's crazy they have no respect for BlackBerry or their users after WE caused them to be where they are today.

In an Engadget interview they just said this:

"The first product he created was called the inPulse smartwatch, which you might not have heard of unless you used a BlackBerry. Yes, as crazy as it may seem, the inPulse worked primarily with handsets from the company formerly known as RIM. As a Waterloo resident, Migicovsky confesses that they "had a reality distortion field" back when they made it. It didn't work with the iPhone at all and only a small subset of Android phones could pair with it, which might explain why it wasn't successful."

http://www.engadget.com/2013/11/10/p...watchs-future/

I've been disgusted with them ever since I read that. They forget where they came from and all their loyal users and supporters. They forget who built them and helped them gain experience.

Most importantly, they use the negative media spin on BlackBerry to their advantage. They essentially say "we didn't have a successful product because BlackBerry sucked and we just didn't realize it".

BlackBerry went out of their way and worked almost directly with them on the bluetooth stack on multiple occasions to get the inPulse working.

The final straw for me is that they don't even acknowledge that without BlackBerry they would NEVER have had a v1 product! There was NO way to do this with iPhone APIs at that time. Android had very poor bluetooth APIs also. That is why it had limited Android support, because they had to write their own Bluetooth drivers since only certain hardware chipset would be able to communicate properly.

The Bluetooth integration on the different mobile operating systems was much different at that time than it is today. Blaming BlackBerry for their failure and throwing us all under the bus is immature, inconsiderate, and unforgivable.

Posted via CB10
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    01-29-14 07:54 PM
    I find blackberry future is not good in my opinion (regardless how good are the bb devices compared to the competition) but the fact that developers are not making apps, neither devices to pair with bb.

if you visit www.kickstarter.com. You will see a bunch of gadget in development for ios and android.

if in in couple years people decide to pair a gadget (either smartwatch, bracelet, etc) that might be an additional deterrant for not buying a bb device.
    01-29-14 11:57 PM
    Yeah it's very unfortunate. I won't buy a Pebble since their is no official support. It's crazy they have no respect for BlackBerry or their users after WE caused them to be where they are today.

In an Engadget interview they just said this:

"The first product he created was called the inPulse smartwatch, which you might not have heard of unless you used a BlackBerry. Yes, as crazy as it may seem, the inPulse worked primarily with handsets from the company formerly known as RIM. As a Waterloo resident, Migicovsky confesses that they "had a reality distortion field" back when they made it. It didn't work with the iPhone at all and only a small subset of Android phones could pair with it, which might explain why it wasn't successful."

http://www.engadget.com/2013/11/10/p...watchs-future/

I've been disgusted with them ever since I read that. They forget where they came from and all their loyal users and supporters. They forget who built them and helped them gain experience.

Most importantly, they use the negative media spin on BlackBerry to their advantage. They essentially say "we didn't have a successful product because BlackBerry sucked and we just didn't realize it".

BlackBerry went out of their way and worked almost directly with them on the bluetooth stack on multiple occasions to get the inPulse working.

The final straw for me is that they don't even acknowledge that without BlackBerry they would NEVER have had a v1 product! There was NO way to do this with iPhone APIs at that time. Android had very poor bluetooth APIs also. That is why it had limited Android support, because they had to write their own Bluetooth drivers since only certain hardware chipset would be able to communicate properly.

The Bluetooth integration on the different mobile operating systems was much different at that time than it is today. Blaming BlackBerry for their failure and throwing us all under the bus is immature, inconsiderate, and unforgivable.

Posted via CB10
    Your post just lost Pebble a sell. Thank you.

Keith H. Posted via CB10 on Z10.
    peter0328 likes this.
    01-30-14 03:51 AM
    Talk2Watch works fine with Pebble

Posted via CB10
    01-30-14 06:59 AM
    Well you guys all helped me out - I jumped in and got a Pebble Steel order in; will likely be a while before I see it arrive, but when I do I'll let everyone know my thoughts

Kev
    01-30-14 10:32 AM
    I will not support any device that doesn't support blackberry as an accessory.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by RayGTX; 02-23-14 at 04:20 PM.
    02-23-14 12:48 PM
    I can't seem to control music on my Pebble. It doesn't see it. On latest leak, FYI
    02-23-14 01:07 PM
    If you are using T2W, please delete the bluetooth paring on both sides, pair the devices again and check if that brings any improvements. Are there any messages displayed in the main window of the app like "Code 0"?
    02-24-14 12:54 AM
28 12