I've had my heart set on getting a Z30 but because of stupid AT&T I haven't pulled the trigger yet. My wife got me a Note 3 for Christmas and I have to say so far I love it.

Did anyone in here switch from a Note 3 to a Z30? I have a Z30 for work but can't do any side loading or tinkering with it so this device was more for fun as I have a personal line as well. Outside of the OS differences, did anyone switch from the Note 3 to the Z30? I have 14 days to take it back and before I buy an unlocked Z30 I wanted to get your guys opinion on it. Thanks!
    12-25-13 11:52 PM
    I now have a Note 3 and the Z30. The Note is a far nicer device, and the screen is amazingly bright compared to the Z30. I think the Z30 has the edge slightly over the Note with battery life but I've only had the N3 for a few days so it may well improve.
    Having Google Play native on the device and being to use just about any App made is a big advantage, along with the thinness of the device. It also feels a lot lighter than the Z30. As I said, the screen is amazing. Sound is good and the 4G data is great and the phone calls work well.

Anything specific you want to know?
    12-25-13 11:57 PM
    An Z30 just went through FCC last week with AT&T Bands. So likely we will see it on AT&T'S network in January/February.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 12:01 AM
    I thought the z30 and HTC one were in a class of their own when it comes to the speakers...

I've played with the note 3 in store and it feels nicer than the note 2 but it still feels cheap.

I own all bb10 devices except the q5.

The z30 works, feels, and looks premium near the level of the iPhone (in reference to the premium nature of the device)

And ive never understood these comparisons, the same goes for people asking about Asus vs mac book. You get it for the OS experience.

Do you want an android or bb10 phone? They're very different experiences, but for their own ecosystems they represent the flagships...

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 12:28 AM
    Did a reviews on the pros/cons for both.
    Prefer the Z30 just because it fits my personal needs for a phone better than the N3. Both are great though can't go wrong with either.

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=884379

BlackBerry Z30 | 10.2.1.1925 | BBM Channel C0006E212
    12-26-13 12:29 AM
    Not to start something with you, but from your posts on CB, it seems like you prefer Android to BB10, so you're probably better off with Note3? Rather than regret later, since as you said, so far you love it.
    Android apps running smoothly on Note3 is definite, but Android apps running on BB10 running smoothly is still questionable, something that we can only know in the future or upcoming months.
    Having 2 of the same phone is also kinda bland.. you'd eventually want to settle on 1 if both are the same phone IMO, so a Z30 from work and personal Note3 is a better combination. I'm not an owner of a Note3 nor Z30 though...
    12-26-13 01:19 AM
    Not to start something with you, but from your posts on CB, it seems like you prefer Android to BB10, so you're probably better off with Note3? Rather than regret later, since as you said, so far you love it.
    Android apps running smoothly on Note3 is definite, but Android apps running on BB10 running smoothly is still questionable, something that we can only know in the future or upcoming months.
    Having 2 of the same phone is also kinda bland.. you'd eventually want to settle on 1 if both are the same phone IMO, so a Z30 from work and personal Note3 is a better combination. I'm not an owner of a Note3 nor Z30 though...
    Where do you get that I like Android over BB10? Just because I like to use other OS's and don't think BB10 is a better Android then Android doesn't mean I prefer one over the other.
    Last edited by donnation; 12-26-13 at 09:52 AM.
    12-26-13 07:28 AM
    I've had my heart set on getting a Z30 but because of stupid AT&T I haven't pulled the trigger yet. My wife got me a Note 3 for Christmas and I have to say so far I love it.

Did anyone in here switch from a Note 3 to a Z30? I have a Z30 for work but can't do any side loading or tinkering with it so this device was more for fun as I have a personal line as well. Outside of the OS differences, did anyone switch from the Note 3 to the Z30? I have 14 days to take it back and before I buy an unlocked Z30 I wanted to get your guys opinion on it. Thanks!
    I agree with the poster above. Even if you see the z30 having a hardware shortcoming over android phones like the note 3, it's all about the OS in this choice really. If you like bb10 then wait for the att z30. Otherwise if you could live with Android then get the note. There's no wrong choice here its just not really the kind of comparison you can easily make. Personally I wouldn't get the note 3 because it doesn't have bb10. Otherwise I think it's a fantastic device.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 09:56 AM
    My brother has a Note 3 and when he saw my Z30 he was very impressed by how snappy it was and said the hub far outperformed anything on the Note. That being said he really loves the Note 3. His only gripe is that it's too cluttered and is capable of TOO much. It's also not as efficient in getting things done despite being able to get anything done.

So, basically, the Note is like a Swiss army knife - can do it all but not as well as larger and more precise tools.

The Z30 reminds me more of a German car: premium, focused and tight.

After playing with his phone I appreciate it but I still prefer my Z30.

Posted via CB10
    R Field, didii and miker476 like this.
    12-26-13 01:58 PM
    My brother has a Note 3 and when he saw my Z30 he was very impressed by how snappy it was and said the hub far outperformed anything on the Note. That being said he really loves the Note 3. His only gripe is that it's too cluttered and is capable of TOO much. It's also not as efficient in getting things done despite being able to get anything done.

So, basically, the Note is like a Swiss army knife - can do it all but not as well as larger and more precise tools.

Posted via CB10
    That's spot on.

BlackBerry Z30 | 10.2.1.1925 | BBM Channel C0006E212
    12-26-13 03:00 PM
    I carry two phones for work... I now run the Z30 as my primary device. the Note3 I carry as a back up phone. They are two totally different devices and the things I really don't like about the Note3 are mainly more to do with the running UI than the device.

The Z30 has a ridiculous battery. I am a massive heavy user and I can take it off charge going for an early flight at 5 am, use flat out all day and not worry about needing to recharge. Have not had a smart phone in years that runs through 24+ hours between charges, not at my usage level.

I am always afraid to upload a leaked OS as I have the Z30 as a work phone but, as soon as I can get 10.2.1.xxxx That the forums are raving about, I will ditch the Note3. As stated, nice device, Meh battery... all the apps but very little substance. Try actually going on the device heavy to work and you realise very quickly the failings of this particular android device. Plus the battery just disappears when using alot.

I have no issue with the Samsung range or the iPhone etc. The Z30 is the best alround phone I have ever had and is brilliant at everything I need. The update ability to direct use new app stores then this is a real contender.

What the Z30 lacks in a few apps I need, it makes up for in usability..

Best of luck whatever you chose to do.

Posted via CB10
    12-26-13 07:37 PM

Posted via CB10
    Couldn't say it any better. My wife has the note and I the Z, when making calls for instance, she uses my Z because its quicker and more efficient.
    12-26-13 08:16 PM
    I have both devices and all I can say is there both great devices, size is an issue for me I think the Z30 is perfect. The note is a bit big as a phone I think but it's fast and has a lot of great things about it. But overall the email and msg is by far better on BlackBerry and as I use for work it was the start that broke the camels back.

Posted on my Z30 on CB10.
    12-26-13 08:24 PM
    The thing that drives me crazy about the Z30 is it's inability to be reliable when syncing from my Outlook calendar at work. I *need* that to work. My iPhone's could do it. My Android phones (except the G2 - another story!) could do it. The Z30 can't and isn't able to be trusted. And that pisses me off, because overall it's good enough to be a daily driver. Sadly, it's not yet for me.
    12-26-13 09:23 PM