i think it looks like a blown up z10 with a Q10 sprinkled into it.

I also think it's too big to be in the market it's targeted at. I also think the hardware is too lacking to be in the market that it's targeted at. I don't particularly care about comparing apples to oranges in terms of the efficiencies of iOS, Android, BB10, and WP7/8, but the specifications are good selling points, and when the numbers are lower than the competitor, it's not gonna sell.

I'm not saying I won't get a Z50 because of the size, I just think the Z30 is too big for what it is, and not big enough for what BB wanted it to be.
    02-13-14 12:25 PM
    I think this is beautiful device and it's built very well

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
    02-13-14 12:33 PM
    What Z30...I tried to get one and was told Z10 is the only new BB that's available. Strange that Z30 is still being promoted.By the way, I had the use of a mobile phone back in July '82 on loan from a friend in the patch. This monster was in a brief case and weighed about 40lbs.
    It had a useable battery life of an hour......night 4ever
    02-13-14 03:55 PM
    Most Blackberry phones are nice looking the Z10 and Z30 are just bonus looking devices nicely made and nicely formed.

My amazing BB Z10 - OS 1925
    Morty2264 likes this.
    02-13-14 05:27 PM
    Are you fracking kidding me! I just got mine and I love it! It's so sleek and sexy! The Z10 was so boxy and while not quite ugly, the Z30 is much MUCH better looking!
    Morty2264 likes this.
    02-13-14 07:05 PM
    Anyone else think the z30 is ugly?

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums mobile app
    Anyone who thinks that their Z30 is ugly send it to me. I will love it for you!
    Mr.Monty likes this.
    02-13-14 07:44 PM
    It's not ugly. It's more a little old fashioned I guess with the back the way it is, and that chin sticking out the bottom.

It's not attractive, but it's not offensive either. Sort of a "meh" looks.
    02-13-14 08:40 PM
    you're right it is.... where can i find an unlocked one for cheap?
    02-13-14 09:07 PM
    Why is this even a topic of discussion?

I think we all know the Z30 was designed primarily for business users. With that in mind the subtle, understated look or the Z30 is very welcome. I enjoy it.....just wish the bezel on either side of the screen was thinner

IMO the Alcatel Idol X is the perfect width for a 5" screen

The integration of the screen around the earpiece is a thing of beauty compared to the boxy z10
    02-13-14 09:24 PM
    It's a super sick design...respectfully disagree. best phone I've ever had and it turns heads from android and ios users alike.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 11:59 PM
    If love it. They made it grey so you can tell which way to hold it. It's a sick device!!

IROC-Z30 But Mostly She Rocks Me!
    02-14-14 12:01 AM
    If they do I think they need Specsavers

Posted via CB10
    02-14-14 03:38 AM
    It's not ugly. It's more a little old fashioned I guess with the back the way it is, and that chin sticking out the bottom.

It's not attractive, but it's not offensive either. Sort of a "meh" looks.
    You find the back is old fashioned? Ive never seen a glass weave on anything before... cept Q10 i guess...

I think the chin would look better if it was brushed aluminum
    02-14-14 11:46 AM
    Hellz yeahz I think the z30 is ugly...

....just like my mom.
    02-14-14 10:51 PM
    You find the back is old fashioned? Ive never seen a glass weave on anything before... cept Q10 i guess...

I think the chin would look better if it was brushed aluminum
    Why do you need the chin at all, it's a ridiculous add on. You know what people find beautiful, symmetry, and the chin is perfectly unsymmetrical it adds and odd jut to the phone for no reason. I mean it's beautiful if you are well versed in wabi-sabi, but even those folks would say f' it, it's ugly!!!

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app
    Last edited by acadia1106; 02-15-14 at 10:17 AM.
    kevinnugent likes this.
    02-15-14 12:00 AM
    Why is this even a topic of discussion?

I think we all know the Z30 was designed primarily for business users. With that in mind the subtle, understated look or the Z30 is very welcome. I enjoy it.....just wish the bezel on either side of the screen was thinner

The integration of the screen around the earpiece is a thing of beauty compared to the boxy z10
    Audi is the king of under stated! It would be like taking a perfectly good A8 and throwing a Subaru WRX spoiler on the back? The asymmetry of the z30 is hideous, it's like design guy was sitting in the lab man this screen just looks too sleek on its own, I know what it needs a giant chin hanging off it like a hump on a Victoria's Secret angel

Last edited by acadia1106; 02-15-14 at 10:16 AM.
    02-15-14 12:03 AM
    I'll believe any of you who say the Z30 is ugly. If you have bought and used it for 3 days

From Zarafet my Z30.
    illlya likes this.
    02-15-14 12:27 AM
    Are you fracking kidding me! I just got mine and I love it! It's so sleek and sexy! The Z10 was so boxy and while not quite ugly, the Z30 is much MUCH better looking!
    When I swiped the Z30's screen in the store...

Well, it was like I suddenly looked up and saw Keegan Allen. The "oh my goodness, this is too much for me" mixed with "ooh yeah."

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 01:37 AM
    [QUO TE=redantz;9999906]Why is this even a topic of discussion?

Audi is the king of under stated! It would be like taking a perfectly good A8 and throwing a Subaru WRX spoiler on the back? The asymmetry of the z30 is hideous, it's like design guy was sitting in the lab man this screen just looks too sleek on its own, I know what it needs a giant chin hanging off it like a hump on a Victoria's Secret angel

Sent from my iPhone using CB Forums mobile app [/QUOTE]

Since you are a big Audi fan you should accept the philosophy of "form follows function" but you keep denying that the "chin" has a function for some reason?

Posted via CB10
    02-15-14 08:33 AM
    [QOUTE]Since you are a big Audi fan you should accept the philosophy of "form follows function" but you keep denying that the "chin" has a function for some reason?

Posted via CB10[/QUOTE]

I'm not only a fan, I'm an owner, only cars I've ever owned since my first A4. Audi would never do something so hideous, their designs are beautiful. Yeah, I mean you guys seem to have the inability to tell whether letters are upside down or not, but let's ignore that fact, Audi would definitely find a much better integration of for and function. Like I said a subura WTX spoiler has a lot of function, but Audi would never disgrace it's form by putting such a hideous beast on display.they did what, oh they integrated the spoiler into the trunk design or they actually have it ascend at the proper speed if needed out of the trunk. Bberry just stuck a silver chin on... What happened to the form, I just see function.

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums mobile app
    02-15-14 10:24 AM
    I have the Otter Box Defender on mine and it looks the same as my old Samsung S3 - except it works 100x better. The Z30 if poetry in motion.
    02-15-14 03:23 PM
    Best looking device there is.

Posted via CB10
    CerveloJohn likes this.
    02-15-14 03:26 PM
    Thanks for being brave! I don't think it looks ugly, I think it just looks painfully generic and boring in design.
    02-18-14 04:20 PM
    Went and played with one at rogers for a bit. I left the store loving it aesthetically and use wise, but to be honest, my first impression was "meh".

It doesn't really pop, it isn't sexy.. and it's sitting beside a bunch of sexy looking phones. But you pick it up and start to notice the details and it starts to look better to you. Maybe making it look a bit more sleek would make people want to pick it up and use it.

I also think the z10 is a bit boring. But it def looks quality.

Love the look of the Q. There is no better looking physical keyboard phone (maybe 9900).

Posted via CB10
    02-21-14 10:15 PM
    I think its ugly compared to z10

Posted via Z10 from Lithuania
    02-22-14 04:26 AM
162 ... 4567