I am looking for an ereader for epubs especially and pdf. I need a few specific things that iBooks does flawlessly. I need to be able to:

-touch and highlight automatically
    -scrolling or fast page turning
    -night view
    -manage and sort my library like on iBooks, meaning i can arrange thing in the order i want, creating different customized categories, not just sort by title, author or date

I tried a few different ones so far. The library management is the dealbreaker. I tried the google books one on my samsung tablet, but can only sort library by title, date, author. I tried the mantano one also, paid for it, but same issue. On my Z30, i tried the Bonfire. it cuts off epub pages and i can't sort my library. Someone please tell me a good ereader that can do these things so that i can get rid of this stupid iPad. I'm a little shocked that a Blackberry or Android substitute isn't readily available without searching and having to post a thread about it. Fail. Again.
    10-27-14 03:12 PM
    No, Apple knows how to see what people are using devices for and make very GOOD applications to do those things. And I've noticed that some epubs have additional features in iBook that don't show you in other readers.

I've had poor experience with all the readers I've used that are in BlackBerry World. But if you have SNAP installed, Aldiko is a very good application for reading epubs and pdfs. And Aldiko can become your default reader so clicking on an epub opens Aldiko....
    10-27-14 03:20 PM
    If you don't have 10.3.1, playepub reader in BB World always worked well for me, however I don't know specifically about the management . I can't test it for you since the app was built with Air, and is no longer supported. The one I have now is ebook reader and it's ok.
    10-27-14 03:23 PM
    No, Apple knows how to see what people are using devices for and make very GOOD applications to do those things. And I've noticed that some epubs have additional features in iBook that don't show you in other readers.

I've had poor experience with all the readers I've used that are in BlackBerry World. But if you have SNAP installed, Aldiko is a very good application for reading epubs and pdfs. And Aldiko can become your default reader so clicking on an epub opens Aldiko....
    Good to know. Thanks!
    10-27-14 03:23 PM
    Aldieko is some how showing lag on passport. I use it on HTC one and it is quite fast. Also I would love to use touch keyboard gestures to turn the pages. Any suggestions?

Posted via CB10
    11-19-14 04:09 AM
    Kindle dude

BlackBerry z30 FTW
    11-19-14 05:02 AM
    Check with Lektz-is a ebook reader application.
    The reader interface has a fresh feel and smooth transitions that make you read book after book on it.
    Some latest features of Lektz, I've listed out below:

-Sorting option is present to sort the books based on Author, Title and Recently Read.
    -Adjust the size and style of the text as you prefer.
    - Customize your reading by changing the brightness and themes.
    11-22-14 01:37 AM
    What about The BB10 "Kindle" app or the "Kobo" app of the "Book Reader for epub. Kindle" app? Not sure if they have the library management features you're looking for though.
    11-22-14 12:17 PM
    Moon+reader from amazon or snap
    11-22-14 12:28 PM
    If you plan to install Android apps, Moon+reader gets my vote.
    I am using PlayEpub Book Reader, but find it a drain in my battery. Not satisfied with any ebook apps BlackBerry World.

Posted via CB10
    12-04-14 04:47 AM
    I'm quite happy with the Kobo

Posted via CB10
    PatrickMJS likes this.
    12-04-14 05:18 AM
    Another vote here for Moon+.

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 05:27 AM
    Another vote for moon as well

Posted via CB10
    12-05-14 06:45 AM