Hey everyone! Just wondering if anyone has the Ghost Armor on their Z30, and whether or not it's clear or matte!

If anyone has it, do you mind putting up pictures of the armor on the Z30? Thanks everyone

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 01:13 PM
    Ghost Armor goes on every new device in our household. Period. My kids both have the matte finish, my wife and I the "clear". If I get started, I tend to run on about it too much. So, against my typical behaviour, I'll shut up not and post the pix.

Here's my Z30 with the clear screen protector. The only way to tell it's there is by the tiny cutouts for the speaker/sensor, and the front camera lens. The young lady who applied it did a superb job.

Anyone have the Z30 Ghost Armor?-photo-1.jpg

Edit: I have the screen only so far, since the full body protection is out of stock. This thread is my reminder to order it online. (I'll be getting the matte for the chin and sides, skipping the back since it's so durable.)Anyone have the Z30 Ghost Armor?-photo-2.jpg
    I'd be interested too. I'm thinking of using it on my phones.
    03-03-14 01:40 PM
    Ghost Armor goes on every new device in our household. Period. My kids both have the matte finish, my wife and I the "clear". If I get started, I tend to run on about it too much. So, against my typical behaviour, I'll shut up not and post the pix.

Here's my Z30 with the clear screen protector. The only way to tell it's there is by the tiny cutouts for the speaker/sensor, and the front camera lens. The young lady who applied it did a superb job.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 1.jpg 
Views:	1623 
Size:	225.3 KB 
ID:	252476

Edit: I have the screen only so far, since the full body protection is out of stock. This thread is my reminder to order it online. (I'll be getting the matte for the chin and sides, skipping the back since it's so durable.)Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 2.jpg 
Views:	1624 
Size:	266.5 KB 
ID:	252477
    03-03-14 02:15 PM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 1.jpg 
Views:	1623 
Size:	225.3 KB 
ID:	252476

Edit: I have the screen only so far, since the full body protection is out of stock. This thread is my reminder to order it online. (I'll be getting the matte for the chin and sides, skipping the back since it's so durable.)Click image for larger version. 

Name:	photo 2.jpg 
Views:	1624 
Size:	266.5 KB 
ID:	252477
    Hey Elessar, I have a quick question for you. Do you use a case on your z30 with your ghost armour? Does the ghost interfere with the case fitting? I've been thinking of getting an otterbox and ghost armour for a z30 if I get it, but nervous about them not being compliant.
    03-03-14 02:30 PM
    Did you get yours online or at a kiosk?

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 02:30 PM
    Hey Elessar, I have a quick question for you. Do you use a case on your z30 with your ghost armour? Does the ghost interfere with the case fitting? I've been thinking of getting an otterbox and ghost armour for a z30 if I get it, but nervous about them not being compliant.
    I've had both the matte and clear Ghost Armor on my Z30 with both an Otterbox Defender and Commuter without any problems. Fit is fine and I took the Otterbox screen protector off the Defender anyhow because it just doesn't fit right, then followed the removal up immediately with the Ghost Armor.

Mike
    03-03-14 02:45 PM
    Did you get yours online or at a kiosk?

Posted via CB10
    Kiosk in my local mall. I pick up my new device (typically the Telus store), walk 20 yards and get the Ghost Armor installed. This time, since they were out of the body portion, I'm getting it online. The cost is less, since it's "supply only". The kiosk will install it for $5. I always let them do it as they do a better job of it than I could.
    03-03-14 02:58 PM
    Through the week, when I carry my company iPhone as well as my personal Z30, it goes in the OEM holster. On weekends, I call forward my iPhone to my Z30 for emergency calls and carry the Z30 only, in the OEM transform case. There's no issue at all, since the Ghost Armor is fairly thin. I did the same with my Z10, which had the black carbon body armor.
    03-03-14 03:02 PM
    I have ghost armour as well... the clear is actually very clear, more clear then the isheildz that i have used in the past. and the fitment is better too. nice and tight to the edges and speaker grill etc.

only thing i think i might have an issue with is, (not sure if this is true or what) i dont like anyone touch my devices, so i installed it myself. and they told me if i do the install the warranty is void and i would have to buy a new one if it defective. i dont know if that is true or not... but ya
    03-03-14 03:08 PM
    I had the matt then switched to the clear. Love the clear. Matt made the screen look dull.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 03:55 PM
    Is this the one you spray with soap so it can adhere?
    I just bought $2 screen protector and I am not happy since it leaves greases (not oleophobic) and it doesn't exactly fit on the screen (edges are slightly raised). It serves the purpose but it looks ugly.
    I can't see any edges on your pictures above. Also I would prefer to keep the back naked because I love the feel of the battery cover.
    03-03-14 04:21 PM
    I just bought $2 screen protector and I am not happy since it leaves greases (not oleophobic) and it doesn't exactly fit on the screen (edges are slightly raised). It serves the purpose but it looks ugly.
    I can't see any edges on your pictures above. Also I would prefer to keep the back naked because I love the feel of the battery cover.
    The Kiosk uses some sort of solution when they put them on then put them under a heat lamp for a few minutes. I've gone with the matte finish and no longer have any problems with fingerprints for the most part. The official Ghost Armor is precision cut and fits perfectly.

Mike
    03-03-14 04:44 PM
    Awesome! Thanks a lot Elessar! And thanks to everyone else who contributed! I was about to ask about the Otterbox myself! I've ordered the clear full body armor just because I love my Z30 naked

Posted via my Z30! The best phone until the Windermere or Ontario!
    03-03-14 05:22 PM
    I have the matte finish Ghost Armor on my Z30. Excellent choice

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 09:19 PM
    I'm not sure what the solution is, but that's the method. "My" kiosk uses the led screen wipes, aircan to get any remaining dust off, then applies the solution and the protector. As Mike_Luchia says, it's precision cut. I can barely feel the bottom edge where it meets the chin; cant feel the other edges at all. It looks better and fits better than any other protector I've had on any device, including the Ghost Armour on my 9800, 9900, Z10 and iPhones.
    03-03-14 09:32 PM
    i believe its an alcohol bases solution that way if it gets into the speaker or port it evaporates fast. same kind of solution they use on isheildz etc etc... when i got mine, they never gave me any solution, just the protector, and i used the solution that came with my old isheildz (had alot left over) and it worked perfectly
    03-03-14 09:37 PM
    The Kiosk uses some sort of solution when they put them on then put them under a heat lamp for a few minutes. I've gone with the matte finish and no longer have any problems with fingerprints for the most part. The official Ghost Armor is precision cut and fits perfectly.

Mike
    Thanks, so if we order online we have to do the same procedure?

I had one of those Zagg shields for my wife's 8900 and it was hell to get it off.
    03-03-14 10:01 PM
    Thanks, so if we order online we have to do the same procedure?

I had one of those Zagg shields for my wife's 8900 and it was hell to get it off.
    I'd check if there's a kiosk close to you. if so, I'd say get it there. if you buy and have it installed at the kiosk, and it gets too damaged, they'll replace it no charge. And (at least at my kiosk) if you want to change the finish, it's just $5 to $10, depending on the finish.

Can't speak to applying it at home. Never tried it.
    03-03-14 10:20 PM
    I'd check if there's a kiosk close to you. if so, I'd say get it there. if you buy and have it installed at the kiosk, and it gets too damaged, they'll replace it no charge. And (at least at my kiosk) if you want to change the finish, it's just $5 to $10, depending on the finish.

Can't speak to applying it at home. Never tried it.
    I see. I never saw a ghost armor kiosk anywhere in NY or NJ.
    03-03-14 10:30 PM
    I see. I never saw a ghost armor kiosk anywhere in NY or NJ.
    Just checked the site for locations. You're right. This might help with your decision: Ghost Armor | Installation Instructions
    03-03-14 10:47 PM
    Ghost armor is the only thing I use now.
    My wife too.
    It fits fine with my case, but I just have a cheap slip on silicone jobbie.

Posted via CB10
    03-03-14 10:52 PM
    Hmm interesting if I get I'll post pictures

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 12:36 AM
    I use ghost armour on all my devices and Z30. Works great and doesn't interfere with any cases

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 08:25 AM
    Does anyone know how to get this stuff in Europe or Germany?
    Can't find a shop which sells ghost armor

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 09:05 AM
    How well does it hold up to objects contacting it? I know that previous wet protectors have dented pretty easily...that's why I've always gone the dry route.

Posted via CB10
    03-10-14 10:05 AM
32 12