I have recently been thinking about getting rid of my Q10 and buying a Z30. For me the Q10 feels very complete and love the keyboard on it but for me it is missing something that I just cannot put my finger on. I did have a Z10 and just thought it lacked a punch which the Q10 had. In terms of usage I am an every day user, bit of browsing on the Internet, quite a few texts and phone calls through out the day.

My question to people is though... what have your experiences been from swapping from a Q10 to a Z30?
    01-26-14 12:44 PM
    I did switch from Q10 to Z30 while waiting for my Q10 to have keyboard replaced. Z30 is big phone. It will hardly fit in the pocket and it weights more than Q10. If you use your phone a lot for texting and email, you hand might fill tired after some time. To me, Z30 fills to big for one hand, but too small for two while typing in vertical mode. Battery life is doubled compared to Q10. Pictures and voice capabilities are the same for both devices. I find BB camera as good as the one on my iPhone 5 in good light conditions.
    01-26-14 12:57 PM
    I have recently been thinking about getting rid of my Q10 and buying a Z30. For me the Q10 feels very complete and love the keyboard on it but for me it is missing something that I just cannot put my finger on. I did have a Z10 and just thought it lacked a punch which the Q10 had. In terms of usage I am an every day user, bit of browsing on the Internet, quite a few texts and phone calls through out the day.

My question to people is though... what have your experiences been from swapping from a Q10 to a Z30?
    It takes some time getting used to the keyboard and the size of the display/phone. It's the best touchscreen keyboard (the only one I can use), but it's still not as good as the Q's. And because there's no physical keyboard, you'll have to relearn how to perform the swipe up gesture. It can be a bit annoying for the first 2 weeks or so.

On the other hand the phone is a lot faster, you'll find yourself using it more for browsing and games/videos and the build quality is amazing (it feels like a classic camera, think Leica). Reading and replying to long emails is much easier. The camera is better and the battery lasts longer (about 50% longer for me).

Oh and you'll miss the shortcuts.
    01-26-14 01:15 PM
    I recommend you my posts!

I have both, but had to make a decision. I go with the Z30. It's the latest in specs. I love the size, the battery, paratek antenna and the design.

Q10 and Z30 are two different devices. It is a hard decision! But I would go with the Z30!
    austriker likes this.
    01-26-14 01:51 PM
    If you talk on the phone often, then stick with the Q10.

The Z30 size is not comfortable in the hands when holding against your face. So if you spend quite a bit on time on phone calls it might not be a good choice.

However, the screen and speed are very very good.
    01-26-14 02:07 PM
    I'll stick with the Q10 than Z30. The reason behind of this is the physical keyboard.

Maybe I'll put my old BBOS Bold 9900 a side and replace with a new BB10 Qxx-(A Torch sort of design) model device.

I'm interessed in a combined BlackBerry 10 device with both fuctions (Phisical and Virtual) keyboards. A new device that gives options about how you wanna work. Example: Torch 9800 or 9810 but extra physical option to swap ways of keyboard directions (Vertical and Horizontal) for personal and business use.

Not to big of weight, not to wide, not to long of a device.

Must have definitely require longest battery life ever. Imagine that.

Just slick, silk, smooth, bolder, torcher, candy design, easy to pack in trowsers and pockets.

After that I'll keep both my current Q10 and a new Qxx-model devices of BB10.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 02:29 PM
    I thought the q10 was the best phone ever. Until I got my z30. Blows it away. It's faster smoother and all around better. I do miss the qwerty but this on screen keyboard is amazing. I'm used to it after about a week of adjustment time.

The deal with typing is on the q10 I'd say I loved typing on the q10. Like I would look forward to trying, I couldn't wait to pound out a long email or text. That's the one advantage for me and why I haven't sold it yet. Although ice only used it once or twice since I got the z30 2 weeks ago.

White Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925 = heaven.
    LooyDaSixteenth likes this.
    01-26-14 03:02 PM
    Check out :

http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=887901

01-26-14 03:05 PM
    Thank you everyone for the advice... may buy a Z30 and run them both and sell the one that gets least amount of use!

One question is the Z30 camera better than the Q10? I know they are same mega pixel but not sure if software is same.
    austriker likes this.
    01-26-14 04:07 PM
    Thank you everyone for the advice... may buy a Z30 and run them both and sell the one that gets least amount of use!

One question is the Z30 camera better than the Q10? I know they are same mega pixel but not sure if software is same.
    I feel like I get better results on the z30 but I'm running Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925 and had 1055 on the q. The difference might only be because of the larger display to see the pics too. I'm not sure.

01-26-14 04:18 PM
    I have both here. I love them both. I sold my Q10 and get myself a Z30. Austriker knows the story

Then , all of a sudden after a month , I felt going back to the Q10. Sound sick, I know. Now I have them here, and I still love my Z30 slightly more. Decision time was easy. As a creative Business user, I love the bigger screen. it's better for my eyes. Emails, etc. I love the big screen. paratek antenna, 2 microphones, virtual keyboard is really awesome and it's the newer model.

I don't know. I just love the Z30. Cant tell you why. Oh, and the battery. It's just top notch.
    austriker likes this.
    01-26-14 04:31 PM
    I thought I was set for life when I had my white q10. I had a z10 before and after a while I was starting to miss the virtual keyboard and how fast I could type on it and the flick features. Z30 kept teasing and seducing me constantly so I bit the bullet and pulled the trigger. A world of difference. I felt right at home since I had a z10 for 6 months so everything was just right. I missed having a big touch screen and some of the features available to the z10/z30 that aren't available to the q10 such as flicking up words...vibrate when its correcting your words/spelling. The autocorrect and prediction is the best in the mobile industry for a touchscreen. It's nice to not have to zoom all the time like I had to on the q10 and gaming and movie watching just got better. Speakers and build quality are incredible. I have big hands so the phone feels really nice and solid in my hands. When people see my z30 they are amazed it's a BlackBerry. Yes it's big and not pocket friendly but I'm ok with that. I usually jus tuck it away in my front pockets when I'm sitting down and keep it in the back pockets when I'm walking. I don't miss my q10 anymore (q10 withdrawals are gone)and can't see myself going back unless there is a successor to the q10 then of course I will give that a try The z30 is everything I want in a phone and to me is definitely a z10 times 3 on steroids. After all that ranting I didn't even talk about the battery life...holyyyyyy **** titters battery life is insane. Q10 battery life was good but z30 takes it to another level and not jus a notch. Who doesn't love/appreciate incredible battery life? Z30 is perfect and I have my 9900 as my backup qwerty phone bc it's my favorite legacy BlackBerry device so I'm good on leaving the q10 to join the z30 family. It only gets better from here. Sorry for the extremely long post lol

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 05:09 PM

The quality is the same. Only pixels are different because the sizes. With upcoming software updates for camera will be lighter and better performance with auto focus and bright flash.

Posted via CB10
    01-26-14 06:25 PM
    The quality is the same. Only pixels are different because the sizes. With upcoming software updates for camera will be lighter and better performance with auto focus and bright flash.

Posted via CB10
    No, the camera is not the same. The Z30's camera is much better in low light conditions.
    01-26-14 07:11 PM
    I feel like I get better results on the z30 but I'm running Z30STA100-5/10.2.1.1925 and had 1055 on the q. The difference might only be because of the larger display to see the pics too. I'm not sure.

It's not just the display, the Z30 has a better camera. I will post some side by side comparison shots tomorrow.
    austriker likes this.
    01-26-14 07:15 PM