So one thing I've noticed across several different stores that I've inquired about the Z30 is that they have had have been opened by the sales folk and have been scuffed up or scratched... very disappointing.

When you bought your Z30, was it opened, or still sealed in box?
    10-20-13 08:55 AM
    Mine was unsealed, I never take one that is not sealed.

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    10-20-13 08:58 AM
    Mine was unsealed, I never take one that is not sealed.

Posted from my Z30 on CB10
    Oops?

Posted by Z10
    needforbbx and Technomotive like this.
    10-20-13 09:04 AM
    Well with Z30's not having any retail store space. You have to expect devices to be "opened" for demonstration purposes.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 09:27 AM
    Well with Z30's not having any retail store space. You have to expect devices to be "opened" for demonstration purposes.

Posted via CB10
    That's what I thought.

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 12:00 PM
    Just doesnt seem right for devices to be opened and used prior to a customer buying them as "new", especially when the devices have been scratched up and what not and there is only one device in stock.
    10-20-13 12:18 PM
    Yes mine was opened. Plastic was intact front and back. Purchased at Telus.

I looked when i received it instore and it looked sealed as it should. Upon opening at rogers while getting a new sim the employees pointed out it was opened prior and you could see that someone had placed a new sticker ontop. When opened I peeled the sticker off, underneath was a proper BB sticker with the security markings and it had definitely been opened before. I called the store and told them this didn't go noticed as well as shooting an email off to Telus to which I never heard back.

If my phone wasn't already unlocked I would be taking it back and asking for a properly sealed one.
    10-20-13 12:20 PM
    Just doesnt seem right for devices to be opened and used prior to a customer buying them as "new", especially when the devices have been scratched up and what not and there is only one device in stock.
    I am of the same mindset. At the very least I should have been told it was opened. I'm still quite angry about this, especially the fact that they took the time to replace the sticker or whatnot. I looked at it in the store and you couldn't tell it was opened until you opened it. The dim lighting in the Telus location I went to didn't help.

I feel like menetioning this on twitter to Telus considering I never got an email reply back from them. When I called the store they gave me some BS about "inspecting the screen" to make sure it's good to go. I never use a device until its had a full charge and the battery has been properly taken care of so this really grinds me.
    10-20-13 12:22 PM
    I bought mine from Future Shop and it was opened, the sales rep had admitted that he had spent a day playing with it and I cautiously went ahead with it... had issues with it, so wound up going to another location to get it swapped out (since the original location only had one) and that one had the seal broken and had scratches on the body and around the edges of the screen that werent covered by the protector, wound up going to another location and swapped it there but that one was also opened but wound up going over it with a fine tooth comb to make sure it was in *NEW* condition. Stuff like this just annoys me, the seal is there for a reason... when I worked for another wireless retailer we were forbidden to break the seal on any product
    10-20-13 12:29 PM
    Mine seemed like it had been treated with care, no finger prints on the plastic and looked like whoever did open it knew they weren't suppose to and made sure they didn't damage anything. Just wish the volume buttons weren't so loose. Seems like they should have used a harder switch/better fitting keys.
    10-20-13 12:43 PM
    If the phone's been opened prior to selling it to a customer, they should be required to knock some money off of the price.
    10-25-13 02:03 AM
    Mine was bought day one, only one who touched that case and box other than the rep was me, and it was the same condition both times. EPIC phone.
    10-25-13 02:09 AM
    They open the boxes in store to show customers. Dont be surprised. Or customers will ask to play with it and decide they dont want it.
    10-25-13 05:33 AM
    That's what I thought.

Posted via CB10
    I agree but wouldn't you think the store would get a demo device specifically?
    11-18-13 06:36 PM
    Got mine direct from BlackBerry's epp program and it came opened and re-sealed (they just sealed over the broken seal lol).

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 08:11 PM
    Bought from Rogers online. Delivered unopened

Posted via CB10
    11-18-13 08:22 PM