Anybody know what the deal is with the expected update...getting all these updates for apps specifically for the 10.2 just feeling kind of left out for us Z30 Verizon customers. maybe when blackberry some day takes the top spot back we can ram it up Verizons ****....kind of what goes around comes around thing...just ridiculous...!

From my Z30
    02-13-14 10:11 AM
    Other threads on this issue and I think the consensus from a well informed source on the forums that there is an android player issue being resolved and it will be next month before we see the update.

Posted via CB10
    02-13-14 10:24 AM
    Any rumors on when the official release will drop?

Posted via CB10
    03-07-14 11:21 AM
    I work for a large corporation and am in charge of our mobile device procurement & support for our executive clients.
    I've put the question to my Verizon rep but she came up empty I'm afraid. If there's anything that Verizon is great at doing its keeping software update releases under wraps.
    They must threaten their employees with some kind of Chinese water torture to keep them as quiet as they do.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-14 11:33 AM
    Yea...I'm very annoyed that it didn't release yet...
    03-07-14 11:36 AM
    The reps don't know. Last time I talked to a supervisor about this, she said it was above her pay grade to even talk to the people doing the testing. The reps will find out at the same time we do. Not the answer I was hoping for, but better than being lied to with made up information just to appease the customers.

I work for a large corporation and am in charge of our mobile device procurement & support for our executive clients.
    I've put the question to my Verizon rep but she came up empty I'm afraid. If there's anything that Verizon is great at doing its keeping software update releases under wraps.
    They must threaten their employees with some kind of Chinese water torture to keep them as quiet as they do.

Posted via CB10

Typed on my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.2.1.2141 :-)
    03-07-14 12:00 PM
    I wasn't implying that the reps were in the know, only that whoever is at Verizon: those folks have very tight lips.

Posted via CB10
    03-07-14 04:39 PM
    lips = contracts signed in blood, I'm sure.

I wasn't implying that the reps were in the know, only that whoever is at Verizon: those folks have very tight lips.

Posted via CB10

Typed on my Q10, SQN100-2, 10.2.1.2141 :-)
    03-08-14 12:28 AM
    Where's my flipping Verizon update to 10.2.1 for fantastic Z30?
    Ran a leak on Z10, want the real thing on company Z30. The silence is annoying. And this company has an exclusive? Give us a break......

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 12:55 AM

Smart move on their part. The last thing they need is people hounding them incessantly with complaints because they 'heard' that update "X" was supposed to be delivered on date "Y".

One of the key problems is that it cannot be predicted what sort of issues they might run into during testing, and some vendors (including Blackberry) have a habit of releasing buggy code.

Then there is the question of being bumped in the testing queue because the company may want to prioritize testing for a device they will sell a lot more of. Unfortunately BlackBerry would suffer under that scenario as well.
    03-08-14 06:14 AM
    I know this gets old to hear, but seriously...just download the latest leak. I'm pretty green on blackberry, and it literally took me about 5 mins from up boxing my phone to having the latest and greatest update running on my phone. It took another whopping 5 mins to get Snap up and running. I have to say, Android apps run pretty damn well on the Z30. Best of both worlds...android app support and a much nicer ui (in my opinion of course). No downfall as of yet from what I've experienced. Go for it!

Sent from my iPad using CB Forums
    03-08-14 11:00 AM
    I got tired of waiting too, trust me load the leak and enjoy!!

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 11:30 AM