Wallpaper changer, Bebuzz, Hub++, etc

Posted via Harry
    10-09-13 07:41 PM

Posted via Harry
    No I believe it was posted somewhere that bb didn't/hasn't released the API or something.
    10-09-13 08:08 PM
    For Z30? I thought it was part of 10.2

Posted via Harry
    10-09-13 08:34 PM
    For Z30? I thought it was part of 10.2

Posted via Harry
    Postponed because they are still sorting things with devs.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 10:28 PM
    Postponed because they are still sorting things with devs.

Posted via CB10
    I heard that it wasn't going to be released until the 10.2 update goes out to all phones next month. Nothing confirmed.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 10:39 PM
    I heard that it wasn't going to be released until the 10.2 update goes out to all phones next month. Nothing confirmed.

Posted via CB10
    If it comes out on 10.2 it will be on 2nd update.

Posted via CB10
    10-09-13 10:50 PM
    Was it that it was postponed or was that developer ****ting out BlackBerry on their method of headless?

Posted via CB10
    10-10-13 11:22 AM
    Someone on this forum mentioned that headless apps require 10.2.1. Not sure how true that is.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 11:55 AM
    Headless apps always require the next release... the one supports viber... ;-)

Posted via CB10 from BlackBerry Z30
    ami.one likes this.
    10-11-13 12:18 PM
    What may I ask is a headless app?

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 12:34 PM
    What may I ask is a headless app?

Posted via CB10
    It's basically an app that can still work in the background after the active frame has been closed.

I think a better solution and probably an easy fix which blackberry should of thought of would of been a way to "minimize" the active frame into quick settings.

Basically once the active frame is open "flick" the app to the clock/status bar to further minimize it.

Posted via CB10
    playbookster likes this.
    10-11-13 12:47 PM
    Great idea

Posted via Harry
    10-11-13 01:06 PM
    Great idea

Posted via Harry
    I think it would tie into the "flow" of the OS sure it's a bit of a rip from Web OS which flicking up closed the app but if properly adapted we could have a simple solution to the headless drama.

I don't see any security issue with this as the user still needs to intervene by flicking the app to the notification / status bar. I.e no virus could run in the background without your explicit permission.

Posted via CB10
    hf199 likes this.
    10-11-13 01:15 PM
    Headless APK was released with 10.2 Gold for developers in August (edited).

Let me repeat the APK was released to developers in August (edited).

The implementation of that apk and tools has been widely criticized by developers (except those not trying to use them).

BB has not given any 3rd party app permission to run headless (long). So the short answer is no.
    10-11-13 02:16 PM
    Headless APK was released with 10.2 Gold for developers in August (edited).

Let me repeat the APK was released to developers in August (edited).

The implementation of that apk and tools has been widely criticized by developers (except those not trying to use them).

BB has not given any 3rd party app permission to run headless (long). So the short answer is no.
    Hoping that means they are working with developers for compromise.

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 02:43 PM
    Compromise? Not likely. They are scrambling to find people to turn off the lights after all the layoffs. I would not expect any big changes from this point out. Seriously, they have not gotten their own weather app to run headless or even push out alerts. They have not figured out landscape mode in half the native apps, and people think they are going to work to reprogram their back-as*ed implementation of headless?

Sorry. What I meant to say was, sure this must mean that BB is working with developers closely to bring you the headless apps you want.
    10-11-13 02:57 PM
    Compromise? Not likely. They are scrambling .
    I hate to say it... but how many fires can they put out?

As I understand it BB required developers to split their apps into two parts to make them work (so they have to recode everything). And then BlackBerry gets to approve if your app can be used - so you may or may not be accomplishing anything by doing all of that work.

Granted I don't want 20 headless apps sucking the life out of my Z10. An headless app should have a small memory footprint and is should only use resources on a very limited bases. And I can see the reasoning for BlackBerry wanting to control these features so that users don't have performance issues.

But this is a pretty basic feature that many have come to expect to be built-in. This should have been worked out over a year ago when developers got the first developer tools and devices. That it is still and unresolved issue, is....... typical BlackBerry.
    10-11-13 03:08 PM
    I hate to say it... but how many fires can they put out?

As I understand it BB required developers to split their apps into two parts to make them work (so they have to recode everything). And then BlackBerry gets to approve if your app can be used - so you may or may not be accomplishing anything by doing all of that work.

Granted I don't want 20 headless apps sucking the life out of my Z10. An headless app should have a small memory footprint and is should only use resources on a very limited bases. And I can see the reasoning for BlackBerry wanting to control these features so that users don't have performance issues.

But this is a pretty basic feature that many have come to expect to be built-in. This should have been worked out over a year ago when developers got the first developer tools and devices. That it is still and unresolved issue, is....... typical BlackBerry.
    I'm sorry again. I hear this BS all the freakin time. Really. The BBOS was a java based OS that shared RAM and storage. Typically under 256 MGs TOTAL. And guess what BBOS had dozens of headless apps - and themes! ANd developers were not forced to jump blindfolded through hoops of fire.

If BBOS could do it - I think BB10 on this hardware can manage to handle it without BB compromising anything performance wise.

Seriously people need to stop buying into the ridiculous BB media lines. If BB is saying something - anything, just assume it is a boat load of manure.

Just like an android leak made BB shut down the BBM4 all servers. Cmon! think for yourselves. Apply a little logic to these situations.
    hf199 likes this.
    10-11-13 03:19 PM
    Compromise? Not likely. They are scrambling to find people to turn off the lights after all the layoffs. I would not expect any big changes from this point out. Seriously, they have not gotten their own weather app to run headless or even push out alerts. They have not figured out landscape mode in half the native apps, and people think they are going to work to reprogram their back-as*ed implementation of headless?

Sorry. What I meant to say was, sure this must mean that BB is working with developers closely to bring you the headless apps you want.
    If you really think BlackBerry can't make there own weather app run headless/push alerts, or they can't they there apps to run landscape then you are more of an ***** then you sound like. They coded the whole os, there native apps don't run landscape by choice, just like some of apples and Windows phone. Lol

Posted via CB10
    10-11-13 03:23 PM
    SDTRMG - You are clueless. They spoke about running landscape at several conferences and there is a Youtube video from Jam Asia with one of the guys talking about the issues they were having getting Facebook to do so.

What FKN reason would BB have for their weather app to not push out alerts! Ahhhh- I don't know? Benghazi, Frreedom, 9-11!!

Go crawl back under a rock. There's a reason the video and picture app can run landscape, but the music app- can't? What reason is that? Uhhh, --Dianetics!
    SurrealCivic and hf199 like this.
    10-11-13 03:34 PM

Posted via Harry
    HUB++ has lost its head today: http://forums.crackberry.com/app-ann...s-head-886934/
    Ben1232 likes this.
    12-23-13 10:18 AM
    When I click the link it says it is headless. But u just say above that it "lost" it today.. is it headless or not? If so I'm buying lol

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 11:38 AM
    When I click the link it says it is headless. But u just say above that it "lost" it today.. is it headless or not? If so I'm buying lol

Posted via CB10
    Losing ones head would make them headless.

Looking for the real Vijik...
    12-23-13 11:41 AM
    Losing ones head would make them headless.

Looking for the real Vijik...
    Thanks tips, but if you read my question, it says in his thread the first post he made today that it has headless..
    So if he clarifies, It could be like colour ID where it's only headless on 10.2.1 ect

Posted via CB10
    12-23-13 11:43 AM
    Thanks tips, but if you read my question, it says in his thread the first post he made today that it has headless..
    So if he clarifies, It could be like colour ID where it's only headless on 10.2.1 ect

Posted via CB10
    His first post clarifies.... for 10.2.x
    habs_fan likes this.
    12-23-13 03:00 PM
26 12