Hey guys, I'm on Verizon and am think of purchasing a used Z30. I really am used to the physical qwerty and am nervous about going all touch. I really want a larger screen. Is it worth the upgrade? And also, anyone else make this change?

Envoy� par mon Z10
    03-17-15 11:48 AM
    I believe you will enjoy it
    03-17-15 11:51 AM
    Then get the classic
    03-17-15 12:59 PM
    I did exactly that...Q10 to Z30. took maybe an hour to get used to the keyboard...now.?? Would not even THINK about a Classic...typing is as fast or faster with the predictive text as well as whole word swiping.

Not only that:

Massive Battery
    128gB SD ability
    simply the best stereo speakers on a small device I've ever heard...really really good sound among a host of other benefits as well..

Have 2 of them...totally awesome.

you will not be dissapointed.

Stk
    03-17-15 01:29 PM
    I did wouldn't go back to q10. The screen on q10 is sad compared to the z30. Touch screen is fine lol.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 01:59 PM
    Just gave a staff member my Z30. He had a Q. Now he wonders how he every could use his Q because of screen size.

BB Proud
    03-17-15 02:02 PM
    Hey guys, I'm on Verizon and am think of purchasing a used Z30. I really am used to the physical qwerty and am nervous about going all touch. I really want a larger screen. Is it worth the upgrade? And also, anyone else make this change?

Envoy� par mon Z10
    I went that route and is well worth it. One thing I noticed a out the z30 screen is it is so smooth. Almost too smooth. It took me a couple days to get used to it and now a happy camper.

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 08:34 PM
    I thought I'd never be able to make the shift, but it has been great. I first had the Z10 and was happier when I went to the Q10. Then I got a Z30 for my wife, but when she wanted the Q10 I ended up with the Z30. I'm still not that great (after 3 months) at typing on glass, but the autocorrect is phenomenal. The tradeoff for the larger screen makes it worth it to me; I occasionally use the Q10 and am surprised how small it seems now.

For me, the big battery is nice, but I always found the Q10 battery more than sufficient. But I'm a pretty light user--I never had a problem getting through the day on my Z10.

The three downsides of the Z30 vs the Q10 for me are:
    • Size:I generally carry my Z30 in a BB leather case in my pants pocket; usually that works OK, but it can get a bit uncomfortable in some jeans or in some positions.
    • Slippery case: The case is WAY more slippery than either the Z10 or Q10; I haven't dropped it yet, but there have been some close calls. I got a white Z30, which is super-slippery. I then ordered a black battery cover which is an improvement, but still not as grippy as the other phones.
    • Not being able to type with one hand
    03-17-15 08:48 PM
    Thanks everyone for sharing your thoughts. I think I'll make the jump when my contract is up!

Envoy� par mon Z10
    03-17-15 10:20 PM
    I went from a q10 to z30 after about 6 years of bb's physical keyboards, and i'm still unsure about the virtual keyboard. I'm getting better at it, and the autocorrect and flick up definitely helps, but I still long for the actual feel of keys. I loved my 9900 to death, and almost didn't go for the q10 because imho the q's keyboard didn't match the 9900's.

But seeing as how the whole market was going touch screen, I figured it was time to switch and since BlackBerry was having that killer sale on the z30's I thought it was time to give it a shot. But now that the slider is coming, i'm 99% sure i'll go that route for the physical keyboard. Best of both worlds, really. Still, after about 3 months on the z30 I find myself occasionally switching my sim back to the q solely for the keyboard.

For me, these are the pros and cons of each:
    Q10 pros:
    Perfect size for one handed use
    Never fell out of my pocket
    Physical keyboard
    Seemed less buggy than z30
    Q10 cons:
    Small @$$ screen (and was more washed out even though same technology as the z30)
    Smaller battery (VERY noticeable for me when switching back and forth)
    Less "business" features (usb otg specifically)

Z30 pros:
    Huge screen
    Usb otg
    Able to use flick typing
    Bb10 seems to be made for bigger screens
    Awesome battery
    Z30 cons:
    Typing for me isn't the greatest (I never had to use auto correct before)
    Seems less popular in the way of accessories (poor case selection)
    Always falling out of my pj pants pocket when I crouch down
    Heavy and big. Like almost too heavy and big.

I was thinking about selling the z30 and waiting for the passport to come down in price or the slider to release, but i've been too wishy washy about it all.

Not an easy choice (for me at least).

Posted via CB10
    03-17-15 11:44 PM
    I had the Q10 since two days before (gotta love overnight shipping) it came out on Verizon. On my birthday last November I decided to treat myself to a Z30. I thought I missed the Q10 as it sat in my closet but after cracking the screen on my Z30 & using the Q10 again, I don't see how I done it. Case in point, after using the Q10 again for a couple of days I sold it & used the Z30 with a broken screen until I got it fixed. Nothing against the Q, all the bb10 devices are great to me but the screen was a tab bit too small. Keyboard was wonderful & I do miss it from time to time along with the shortcuts, but loving the Z30. May go on & grab a Classic to switch back & forth to.
    03-18-15 12:15 AM
    I'm too thinking to replace my Q10 device with the Z30 because of the bigger screen.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 05:16 AM
    I purchased a q10 about 2 years ago and purchased z10 this past December. I switch between the two but find myself using the z30 much more. I do like the keyboard every time I revisit the Q, but I end up quickly going back the Z for its screen, which is just fantastic.

Posted via CB10
    03-18-15 08:04 AM