09-05-15 01:54 PM
    They all work great if you have a VZW Z30.
    I have several types of wireless chargers and they are all good.
    09-05-15 02:18 PM
    So that means ONLY model STA100-3 works but STA100-5 will not, Ok, understood.
    09-05-15 03:19 PM
    So that means ONLY model STA100-3 works but STA100-5 will not, Ok, understood.
    Correct, only the STA100-3 has the QI wireless charging hardware built in, the other Z30 models do not.
    Also the hardware is part of the frame and part of the mainboard, so you can't put in the QI hardware into another model Z30.

The only solutions for non-STA100-3 models is to tinker together a universal QI receiver, stuff it under or cut up the rear cover, and pig-tail it into the USB port or to use a hard case that has QI built in and it plugs into the USB port.
    09-05-15 03:56 PM
    I've got the Tylt "easel" one. The only issue I have with it is that it does not use a usb charger cable so it requires yet another proprietary ac adapter and cable. It was not that big an issue dragging it all over France for two and a half weeks but usb is just so convenient. And Qi charging is very convenient - one thing to thank Verizon for!!!

Vu Wireless Charger

I got mine through Verizon store.
    kbz1960 likes this.
    09-05-15 08:36 PM
    I swear I saw a wireless charger at Ikea (North York, ON) the other day: it looked like it might actually be an Ikea product.

and Google to the rescue!

Wireless Charging | IKEA - UK
    Wireless Charging | IKEA - Canada

and you can get covers

http://www.ikea.com/gb/en/catalog/ca...harging/30563/

but they have the gall to call the iPhone 5 and iPhone 4 the "i5/i5s" and "i4". Jebus. That's how you get sued!
    09-05-15 08:43 PM
    I can't tell if that is a kit to turn your not wireless Z30 wireless or not. They do make a kit that has an adapter the goes in the back of the phone that uses the usb port to work then you can use a wireless charger. Have no idea how well they work.

http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Wire...UvbUpU11904025
    09-05-15 09:09 PM
    I just purchased this one last week and it's working great.
    http://m.ebay.com/itm/New-Anker-Powe...=1397018527008
    I really like the fact that it has protection built in that will stop the charging if it gets above a preset temperature. It will resume charging once the temperature has dropped. I had a Samsung charger before and it tended to get pretty hot. This one stays cool and seems to charge just as fast as the Samsung did.

Good luck with the one you choose to get.

Posted via CB10
    09-06-15 12:46 AM
    I can't tell if that is a kit to turn your not wireless Z30 wireless or not. They do make a kit that has an adapter the goes in the back of the phone that uses the usb port to work then you can use a wireless charger. Have no idea how well they work.

http://www.amazon.com/Universal-Wire...UvbUpU11904583
    I remember seeing one of those universal wireless charging antennas, early last year, that was made in a way where it fit better for a Z30, as the USB pigtail came off the side of the wafer. I can't find it now, but regardless it still required a bit of tinkering to get it working, as in stuffing it inside the rear cover.
    However you couldn't use the USB port while it was plugged in, and removing the plug required completely detaching the dongle as there was no slack in the ribbon once you had it stuffed under a hacked rear cover.
    09-06-15 06:23 AM
    I just purchased this one last week and it's working great.
    New Anker PowerPort Qi Wireless Charger for Samsung S6 S6 Edge Nexus 4 5 6 | eBay
    I really like the fact that it has protection built in that will stop the charging if it gets above a preset temperature. It will resume charging once the temperature has dropped. I had a Samsung charger before and it tended to get pretty hot. This one stays cool and seems to charge just as fast as the Samsung did.

Good luck with the one you choose to get.

Posted via CB10
    I like that thermostat inclusion. I see it on Amazon, too for a bit cheaper. I had a Verizon labeled one that really got hot and I returned it.

Amazon.com: Anker PowerPort Qi Wireless Charger for Samsung S6 / S6 Edge / Edge+, Note 5, Nexus 4 / 5 / 6 / 7, Nokia Lumia 920, LG Optimus Vu2, HTC 8X / Droid DNA and All Qi-Enabled Devices (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

Oh, it does not come with an ac adapter - you have to provide one with about 2amps power. There are some other critical comments about phone placement.
    09-06-15 10:11 AM
    There are some other critical comments about phone placement.
    That is a common issue with "puck" type QI/Wireless chargers, finding the sweet spot that aligns your devices coil with the charger and with best induction.
    In the Z30 STA100-3, the QI antenna is nearly dead center of the device, other devices have the antenna off center, while a DYI type will be pretty much wherever you can get it to fit.
    Makes it hard to get everything ready for a charger if your half wake or in the dark, plus if something bumps it off alignment, you get no charge.
    There is also weight issues. If the puck is very light and doesn't have something that makes it sticky to the surface it is sat on, then when you go to pick up the device that is being charged, the magnetism from the coils may cause the puck to stick to the device. You can wind up knocking the puck off the table that way.

This is why I really like my TYLT-vu.
    It has three coils, so you can pretty much never be out of alignment, and it holds the device very nicely and sets on surfaces firmly.
    Other have reported heat issues with TYLT brand chargers, I have not had any such.
    FF22 and kbz1960 like this.
    09-06-15 11:44 AM
    I like that thermostat inclusion. I see it on Amazon, too for a bit cheaper. I had a Verizon labeled one that really got hot and I returned it.

Amazon.com: Anker PowerPort Qi Wireless Charger for Samsung S6 / S6 Edge / Edge+, Note 5, Nexus 4 / 5 / 6 / 7, Nokia Lumia 920, LG Optimus Vu2, HTC 8X / Droid DNA and All Qi-Enabled Devices (Black): Cell Phones & Accessories

Oh, it does not come with an ac adapter - you have to provide one with about 2amps power. There are some other critical comments about phone placement.
    The one I purchased on eBay came with the USB cable that I just plug into my wall USB port. Works great.

Have had 0 issues with placement. I set the center of the phone on the puck and the charging takes off right away. I also have an Otterbox Commuter on the phone and it still charges with no issues. I've checked it a few times while charging and I barely notice any warmth from charging.

Posted via CB10
    FF22 likes this.
    09-06-15 10:49 PM