Did you post this thread to just rag on BlackBerry owners or is there some other point beyond calling BB10 "crap"?

Posted via CB10
    Posted it hoping they will keep making nice phones. Just put another OS in them. I'd like an a10 running android. Solid built like the z10.
    Only prob with the z10 is bb10

Sent from my SGH-I337M using CB Forums mobile app
    06-30-13 09:37 AM
    Seriously? Quad core isn't needed for BB10, just like it isn't needed for iOS. The number of cores do NOTHING to affect the speed of the phone. If Blackberry puts a quad core in the phone, it's either because they have something big planned or because they want to silence those that don't really get it... like yourself for example.
    quad-core isn't needed to run Windows on either it's nice to have for all those other peripherals.

06-30-13 09:39 AM
    Sacrilegious device to some, galaxy killer to others. Quad core is needed when regular folks search for "A10 vs S4" and find comparisons with points in them.

12 core and 4Gb with unlocked bootrom would be even better. That would force Android boys to switch. That would mean the ads can say "The most powerful mobile device in the galaxy".
    szlevi likes this.
    06-30-13 11:29 PM
    Quad core would just allow the 8 app cap to be increased to 12 or maybe 16. Also quad cores would barely be used to their maximum potential unless it's a graphically intensive game.

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    06-30-13 11:37 PM
    Posted it hoping they will keep making nice phones. Just put another OS in them. I'd like an a10 running android. Solid built like the z10.
    Only prob with the z10 is bb10

Oh, okay, so you freely admit to being an android troll.

Android Central is that way. ------------>

Posted via CB10
    ray689, MarsupilamiX and Geeoff like this.
    07-01-13 12:13 AM
    So much negativity towards BlackBerry, I really hope they get their stuff together because I intend to buy a BB10 smartphone when it becomes at least 1 year old.
    ray689 and The Aficionado like this.
    07-01-13 12:33 AM
    Quad core would just allow the 8 app cap to be increased to 12 or maybe 16. Also quad cores would barely be used to their maximum potential unless it's a graphically intensive game.

Quad Core is more future-proof.
    Unless Apple decided to go straight to octa.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9630 using Tapatalk
    07-01-13 02:14 AM
    Oh, okay, so you freely admit to being an android troll.

Android Central is that way. ------------>

Posted via CB10
    ^^^this.

Posted via Z10
    07-01-13 02:26 AM

The app cap could be increased now.... Did you forget that it's QNX we're talking about? The reason its capped at 8 is because nobody uses more than 8 apps at any given moment... It's not necessary. Anything else would be considered clutter. It's a convenience cap, not a performance cap
    07-01-13 05:18 PM
    Quad Core is more future-proof.
    Unless Apple decided to go straight to octa.

I agree that quad core should be implemented eventually, but you gotta keep in mind that Android isn't exactly the most efficient OS out there. Pre-quad core android phones lagged. Android needs quad core and mega batteries to function normally and a daily driver. If you look at the reviews, they say that the Z10 doesn't need quad core to keep up with the HTC One's, the GS4s and the iphone5's. As smartphones, I believe the Z10 and Q10 are perfectly fine with dual cores.

Here are my thoughts. If Blackberry makes a quad core phone, I think that it's going to be MORE than just a phone. Thor did say he was really excited that the A10 would bring the BB10 experience to another level... *cough* mobile computing

Octa core in a phone is flat out laughable.... I can't believe you're serious
    07-01-13 05:25 PM
    I switched from Android to BB10 because Android is crap.

After using BB10 for two weeks, I tried to pick up my Android Tablet and nearly threw it across the room because the interface is so slow and clunky.

Why are you here in the first place?

You're looking at other ecosystems because you're not truly satisfied with your own.

Want to edit a document on Android? Whoops! Have to pay for an app.

Want to edit a document on BB10? No problem--Docs to Go is built-in.

Want to mark-up a PDF on Android? Whoops! Have to find a good app and pay a fee.

Want to mark-up a PDF on BB10? No problem. Built-in.

Want to type on Android? Play endlessly with the sixteen software keyboards, each with their own inaccuracies--then decide to send that e-mail later when you get to your computer.

Want to type on BB10? No problem. Typing is a joy.

Flash on Android? Have fun finding a working .apk and a compatible browser.

Flash on BB10? Built-in.

BB10 is so efficient I hardly bother to use my computer anymore. Android was so inefficient, I hated my phone with a passion.

I'm so happy not to have to use your POS phone.

Posted via CB10
    bigjman and DJM626 like this.
    07-01-13 11:03 PM
    The Z-10 is smoother, faster, and less "glitchy", as well as more integrated then either the G4 or the iPhone 5. And it's "dual core". So, it's the integration and quality of the O.S. even more then the processor speed that counts. And BB10 is a new O.S. which is only going to get better. Apple and Samsung could only dream of their first generation devices being as polished as BB10 right out of the gate.
    07-02-13 02:51 PM
    I don't understand how people like stanwest think putting android OS on BlackBerry devices is going to help their sales if anything it would do the exact opposite and kill off the remaining people that enjoy bb10 for what it is... not only that but android OS is terribly slow...

DJM626 likes this.
    07-02-13 03:36 PM
    I agree that quad core should be implemented eventually, but you gotta keep in mind that Android isn't exactly the most efficient OS out there. Pre-quad core android phones lagged. Android needs quad core and mega batteries to function normally and a daily driver. If you look at the reviews, they say that the Z10 doesn't need quad core to keep up with the HTC One's, the GS4s and the iphone5's. As smartphones, I believe the Z10 and Q10 are perfectly fine with dual cores.

Here are my thoughts. If Blackberry makes a quad core phone, I think that it's going to be MORE than just a phone. Thor did say he was really excited that the A10 would bring the BB10 experience to another level... *cough* mobile computing

Octa core in a phone is flat out laughable.... I can't believe you're serious
    I believe the reason ninety six percent of the world does not care about cores is because Apple does not tout it, since they've got abysmal specs but generally the most efficient OS, and Android the other way around.

With Android stealing their userbase, there's a chance they might go spec racing, despite Jobs' proving that that direction is unneeded.
    07-02-13 03:52 PM
    I believe the reason ninety six percent of the world does not care about cores is because Apple does not tout it, since they've got abysmal specs but generally the most efficient OS, and Android the other way around.

With Android stealing their userbase, there's a chance they might go spec racing, despite Jobs' proving that that direction is unneeded.
    Except with the perfect ad you can poke at the idea that more cores on Android won't make the OS anymore efficient.

07-02-13 03:54 PM
    Except with the perfect ad you can poke at the idea that more cores on Android won't make the OS anymore efficient.

Except that Apple mentioning cores will ignite a cpu enlightenment.

Anyways, IMO BB just need to slightly better every iPhone generation, just that the A10 is in Andre territory.

07-03-13 01:04 AM

I really don't see Apple doing this. Apple competes with user experience, convenience, and ease of use. The spec race is coming to an end. Phones will peak at quad core and the subtle nuances between displays will further diminish. Phone lag will also fully disappear. Specs won't matter to the user after this point as long as smart phones remain exactly that, smart phones. User experience and hardware will take it from here.

<rant> In order for the A10 to sell, it needs to be made of Unobtainum. People would flip to get their hands on it. Since that's not going to happen, Blackberry can settle on showing why a combination of "glass weave" (fiberglass) and steel is waaaaay better than aluminum and plastic. Who wants a phone that can dent? Idk why they don't sell that like crazy. Lenovo has the right idea here Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon vs Apple MacBook Air Infographic I want to see Blackberry commercials that BASH the competition (in a funny way). Stop playing it safe! Get noticed because nobody knows you exist! You have the user experience, you have the hardware, you have the specs (seriously), but you have nobody's attention. Be more aggressive. I'm heavily considering an HTC One in August because of my limited options (Sprint user on Bold 9650 who has been waiting since the acquisition of TAT). I'm also beginning to feel that if I hold out for the A10, you may not be able to support me in the years to come in the US. You're dead here. Get noticed already </rant>
    07-03-13 11:24 AM
    I really don't see Apple doing this. Apple competes with user experience, convenience, and ease of use. The spec race is coming to an end. Phones will peak at quad core and the subtle nuances between displays will further diminish. Phone lag will also fully disappear. Specs won't matter to the user after this point as long as smart phones remain exactly that, smart phones. User experience and hardware will take it from here.

<rant> In order for the A10 to sell, it needs to be made of Unobtainum. People would flip to get their hands on it. Since that's not going to happen, Blackberry can settle on showing why a combination of "glass weave" (fiberglass) and steel is waaaaay better than aluminum and plastic. Who wants a phone that can dent? Idk why they don't sell that like crazy. Lenovo has the right idea here Lenovo ThinkPad X1 Carbon vs Apple MacBook Air Infographic I want to see Blackberry commercials that BASH the competition (in a funny way). Stop playing it safe! Get noticed because nobody knows you exist! You have the user experience, you have the hardware, you have the specs (seriously), but you have nobody's attention. Be more aggressive. I'm heavily considering an HTC One in August because of my limited options (Sprint user on Bold 9650 who has been waiting since the acquisition of TAT). I'm also beginning to feel that if I hold out for the A10, you may not be able to support me in the years to come in the US. You're dead here. Get noticed already </rant>
    Fair points. Software i think is where BB10 has a head start at. Not perfect in its current iteration, but bright future it has.

On your sudden rant, maybe its in their nature to be Canadian and to be polite.

07-03-13 12:00 PM
43 12