Sent from my SGH-I337M using CB Forums mobile app
    06-28-13 10:31 AM
    Moved to the proper place

and yes we will still see it
    06-28-13 10:33 AM
    Why would it not come out now?

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 01:00 PM
    BlackBerry has plenty of cash in the bank. They're not going anywhere yet. Try not to let the doom and gloom chicken little types convince you that the company is about to go bust or something. It's a long way away from that.

Posted via CB10
    Geeoff, Elite1 and anon(3896606) like this.
    06-28-13 01:43 PM
    Why would it? So it can sell as poorly as the other bb10's? That would be even more embarrassing then this mornings numbers

sonic_reducer likes this.
    06-28-13 01:44 PM
    BlackBerry needs to hit as many target demographics as possible.

That means the Z10 and Q10, a device like the Aristo to attract the attention of current Android users who love the big screen and more entry level devices. Now if that means they partner with someone else to make the entry level devices so be it, but it needs to happen.

With Nokia making Windows 8 phones like the Lumia 520, BlackBerry needs a device to compete with it. BlackBerry needs market share and people using their devices more than they need to have this image of prestige.

Whatever BlackBerry decides to do they certainly can't give up now. BlackBerry 10 phones have only been out for 5 months now.

BlackBerry needs to keep innovating, bringing out rapid OS updates, while improving their marketing and bringing out new devices to wow people.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 02:27 PM
    The A10 will come out.

I just hope it's hardware is relevant. They NEED it to be a beast, current with specs, not a large screen z10...

Posted via CB10 on my BlackBerry Q10
    Geeoff likes this.
    06-28-13 04:48 PM
    Why would it? So it can sell as poorly as the other bb10's? That would be even more embarrassing then this mornings numbers

So, you're thinking they'll not release it to avoid embarrassment? Will the entire company be experiencing this embarrassment or just select individuals?
    06-28-13 04:53 PM
    The A10 will come out.

I just hope it's hardware is relevant. They NEED it to be a beast, current with specs, not a large screen z10...

This
    06-28-13 07:20 PM
    This
    We know it won't be a beast. We know it will be priced sky high. We know with all the negative press and poor sales of BlackBerry 10 that it will sell about as well as used heroin needles with an HIV + guarantee. The A10 is doomed and BlackBerry is to blind to see that last years bargain bin parts special won't sell this year when everyone thinks you're going out of business and there's a severe lack of apps in BlackBerry World
    OnyxFruit likes this.
    06-28-13 09:03 PM
    The A10 will come out.

EXACTLY!
    06-28-13 11:21 PM
    OH really , hardware is relevant. So explain to me why the Galaxy S4 has just a quad core ( like BB I do believe ) and a octa-core for overseas. Why not have Octa- for both? You don't need more cores if your software is designed to work on it.
    06-29-13 01:42 AM
    no BlackBerry currently has quad core.

And the reason for lack of octa core is lack of LTE capability in all the regions of the world. That said octa is a fudge - it's a "little/big" arrangement - two quad cores mated.

And yes, specs count. In terms of usability they don't matter that much - the specs of the Q10 mirror last year's American GS4 and the nokia 920 and other headline phones from 2012; dual core 1.5 qualcom dragon S4 krait with 1 to 2 gb of ram. The internals are so similar because they're all "off the shelf parts".

The specs only really matter in the heads of the consumer. It's a perception thing. And BlackBerry has a perception problem, unfortunately.

haringjuan likes this.
    06-29-13 08:16 AM
    And when I said relevant hardware I guess only some on here understood me - I didn't make myself clear.

BlackBerry needs a 1080p screen, trick 13mp camera, wireless charging, waterproofing and all the other tricks the OTHER oems are bringing.

They need to stand out. And not for the wrong reason. They cannot be the weak little sister late to the table begging for scraps, like out if some Dikensian nightmare. The poor, in a Dickens novel; they end up in the work houses or the street. BlackBerry is better than that, no?

haringjuan and Geeoff like this.
    06-29-13 08:21 AM
    Or no?

You should think that "No". At least it will protect you from feeling fooled by a company.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 08:28 AM
    You should think that "No". At least it will protect you from feeling fooled by a company.

Posted via CB10
    Lol. Well let us at least concede that they are trying! (playbook debacle aside...) ;-)

06-29-13 08:31 AM
    OH really , hardware is relevant. So explain to me why the Galaxy S4 has just a quad core ( like BB I do believe ) and a octa-core for overseas. Why not have Octa- for both? You don't need more cores if your software is designed to work on it.
    Production. Could make enough octo cores for the start of the run.

06-29-13 10:34 AM
    Oh ya...bb.....Dual core. Not even quad.

06-29-13 10:34 AM
    It's not the number of cores. It's the out of date chip.

Would you spend the same money on a PC with an Intel Core 2 Quad as you would for a 4th gen Core i7? Both have 4 cores right? So by your logic both should be worth the same even though one is 5 years older then the other.

Well 1 year is in mobile is like 5 years in PC. Things change FAST and companies need to be able to adapt and more importantly anticipate where the market will be 18 months down the road as that's the average development cycle of a mobile phone.

BlackBerry isn't good good at seeing where the market will be. They think they can sell the BB 10 experience on mediocre hardware at inflated prices. Yesterdays numbers proves quite conclusively that they can't.

They either need to get with the program and release phone that appeal to the current market or they need to deliver some truly mind blowing user experiences that no other platform can match. Right now they have a really good user experience, but not one that is so far ahead of the game that BlackBerry 10 alone without killer hardware and a great app experience is going to draw customers.

Customers need a reason to buy into the BlackBerry experience, At the moment, BlackBerry is not delivering it. They can. They have the talent. They have the same access to suppliers that other manufacturers do. They know their product pipelines. They just aren't executing. The world isn't waiting for BlackBerry to catch up. They need to catch up and then need to get the worlds attention.
    06-29-13 11:04 AM

wow i'm just goign to give up on crackberry all together.

tehre are way to many peopel like this guy that make assumptions that because somethign right now is not selling nothing ever will. there was a point in time when BlackBerry phones were sellign all kinds and iPhones/ Androids were selling slow, now look at the market. they just need to push harder on gettign BB10 known to the public and actually show the strength of the gesture based OS not just the keep moving flow through ads that they have. there are still people that see the Z10 and Q10 and think its actually mystical and hard to use, which its pretty simple to fly in and out of things
    06-29-13 11:11 AM
    Y.

Posted via CB10
    06-29-13 11:28 AM
    wow i'm just goign to give up on crackberry all together.

tehre are way to many peopel like this guy that make assumptions that because somethign right now is not selling nothing ever will. there was a point in time when BlackBerry phones were sellign all kinds and iPhones/ Androids were selling slow, now look at the market. they just need to push harder on gettign BB10 known to the public and actually show the strength of the gesture based OS not just the keep moving flow through ads that they have. there are still people that see the Z10 and Q10 and think its actually mystical and hard to use, which its pretty simple to fly in and out of things
    They did used to sell. But then choice became available and no one wanted blackberry anymore...they can push bb10 all they want. Its crap. No ecosystem. No apps or dev support for major apps..hell most banks wont even make an app. But you must know better...
    Assumptions???? Those were all made before bb told us how they are almost dead. Wake up and stop blaming others for your bad purchases and commitment to a dying company.
    Its not that its hard to use. ..its hard to use as fullfillingly as an android...and thats why they sell more in a day then blackberry sells in a year.

06-29-13 11:30 AM
    I don't see the point of releasing the A10.

The public has already shown they have no interest in BB10. It won't make a difference if they intend to give the A10 a quad-core with 1080p screen - hardware isn't the issue... it's the lack of software and the horrible "Blackberry" reputation.

Unless the A10 can offer something amazing that everyone drools over, but no other company has - then it's just another BB10 device that only BB die-hards will care about.
    06-29-13 02:35 PM
    Oh ya...bb.....Dual core. Not even quad.

Seriously? Quad core isn't needed for BB10, just like it isn't needed for iOS. The number of cores do NOTHING to affect the speed of the phone. If Blackberry puts a quad core in the phone, it's either because they have something big planned or because they want to silence those that don't really get it... like yourself for example.
    yelmonster likes this.
    06-29-13 09:11 PM
    They did used to sell. But then choice became available and no one wanted blackberry anymore...they can push bb10 all they want. Its crap. No ecosystem. No apps or dev support for major apps..hell most banks wont even make an app. But you must know better...
    Assumptions???? Those were all made before bb told us how they are almost dead. Wake up and stop blaming others for your bad purchases and commitment to a dying company.
    Its not that its hard to use. ..its hard to use as fullfillingly as an android...and thats why they sell more in a day then blackberry sells in a year.

Did you post this thread to just rag on BlackBerry owners or is there some other point beyond calling BB10 "crap"?

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 01:29 AM
43 12