04-04-13 05:35 AM
46 12
tools
    And again I remind you that BlackBerry is committed to keeping these screen sizes fixed at 4.2 for at least this year.

Any talk of a 4.6 inch Aristo is just plain hogwash.
    Actually, the commitment was to keep it at 720p not the same size, so we could see an aristoesque device with a larger display, although the obvious downside would be a larger device without them taking the step up to 1080p.
    02-28-13 07:08 AM
    I give it 12 months before the aristo is released. The z10 was just released. The aristo will take its place, and I'm guessing the shortest lifespan for a bb the will be no less than 12 months.
    I think we will see some variations in that, there was the initial delay that took the z10 into 2013, they have a full range to build out and will not be expecting people to be getting every device and thus devices aimed at similar market segments will be coming more frequently than they normally would be otherwise.

The z10 came out early 2013, you could have a larger model show up for xmas 2013 (9 months on) and then depending on the market demands you could see an upgrade to either of those devices by the middle of 2014 (roughly 9 months again)
    02-28-13 07:17 AM
    I agree, but it's human nature I suppose. It happens in all areas....cars for example. If you are driving responsibly, you never need a high HP car. In fact, any base model coupe comes with MORE than enough power you'd ever use while driving in front of a cop. (even though, ironically, their 220hp car is the same speed as that 120hp 1990 Civic, LOL)

How many drivers (old people for example) buy expensive cars, and look at HP when buying, even though they will never ever go anywhere near that cars limit??
    This old guy totally joined the horsepower race. 444HP. And a manual transmission. :P

That said, you comparison is wrong. When I drive a car other than mine, it feels like a slug. When I'm driving in my wife's car she sometimes asks why I'm speeding up so slowly. It's because I'm used to feathering the gas and having the car speed up swiftly. In hers I have to floor it to do the same thing. The Z10 does NOT have that. It doesn't feel slower than any other phone out there in any way.

While I have a faster car, my wife has a faster phone. A Samsung Galaxy Note II. On paper still one of the faster phones out there. Does it however FEEL faster then a BlackBerry Z10? No. Not in any way. The UI isn't even as smooth as BlackBerry 10 on my Dev Alpha B.

The spec game is nonsense. I've said it before and I'll say it again: The spec race only matters for Android because it's the only way for manufacturers to distinguish themselves from the gazillion other manufacturers who are selling the exact same thing. Apple only uses comparisons in speed to show their audience that the new iPhone is better than the old iPhone. They don't even compare it to any other vendor. Most WP8 phone vendors don't do it. Another OS that runs fast regardless of CPU horse power. In my opinion BlackBerry doesn't need to do this either. The phone is plenty fast.

The thing that DOES matter however is apps. The more big apps, the better. This is where BlackBerry still needs work. "Does it have [x]?" is what REALLY matters to potential buyers. Not CPU speed, unless you're on Android.

Since we're in the car realm I'm gonna say it: Android phones are the ricers of the phone scene :P
    sleepngbear likes this.
    03-07-13 10:01 AM
    Hate to ruin the party, but how do we even know the aristo is real? As far as I can tell it's a rumor...
    03-07-13 11:54 AM
    Even if it's not, there will surely be something like it in the future down the line.
    But only if we all buy Z10's. If we all wait for whatever is next there won't ever be any new BlackBerry.
    Marc_Paradise and peter9477 like this.
    03-07-13 12:49 PM
    The blackberry Z 10 is sure looking sweet, but I'm really intrigued by the Aristo. I'm hoping the Aristo will be one of the six models they release this year. I'm due to upgrade with big red at the end of May so here's hoping the Aristo will be released not long after that. Anyone of my fellow cracked berry addicts have any information to share I will greatly appreciate it.
    Sprint Will Have an All-Touch BlackBerry This Year, but It's Not the Z - Ina Fried - Mobile - AllThingsD

maybe this is the Aristo that sprints going to realease ?
    03-12-13 07:13 AM
    I hope "Aristo" will be an slider.
    Imagine it, the beautiful screen of the Z10, the excellent keyboard of the Q10, in one!
    Minus the added thinkness, though
    Last edited by SpiralBorg; 03-17-13 at 01:09 AM.
    03-16-13 11:51 PM
    According to the latest leak on N4BB they are still working on a slider model, but it may not come until 2014:
    http://n4bb.com/blackberry-10-models...series-series/
    There's also a list which includes new codenames, but the M-series is missing:
    http://n4bb.com/current-blackberry-1...series-series/

Posted via CB10
    03-17-13 07:03 AM
    CNET today is reporting Thorsten Heins is excited about a new model that takes the BB10 experience to a new level, hopefully by year end.
    03-21-13 07:35 PM
    Sounds like Z10 won't hold the flagship name very long.
    Knightcrawler likes this.
    03-21-13 07:38 PM
    He actually says he's not 100% certain it'll be here in time for the Xmas season, but it will launch in the current fiscal year.

The current fiscal year ends next feb...so ya, it's gonna be the upgrade to the z10 essentially and the z10 mite shift down to the mid tier model (just my thought on that bit).

I'm gonna go ahead and call it now though, when the new flagship doesn't come for the xmas season, everyone will be like "OMG typical RIM not being able to deliver on time", forgetting that thor never promised year end, he promised fiscal year end

Posted via CB10
    03-21-13 09:21 PM
    He actually says he's not 100% certain it'll be here in time for the Xmas season, but it will launch in the current fiscal year.

The current fiscal year ends next feb...so ya, it's gonna be the upgrade to the z10 essentially and the z10 mite shift down to the mid tier model (just my thought on that bit).

I'm gonna go ahead and call it now though, when the new flagship doesn't come for the xmas season, everyone will be like "OMG typical RIM not being able to deliver on time", forgetting that thor never promised year end, he promised fiscal year end

Posted via CB10
    Isn't it interesting that people don't read exactly what is said? You make a good point, and make it even better by ignoring my use of the word "hopefully" in my post above. Thor hopes it will be out for Christmas, but we all (deep down) know it won't be.
    03-22-13 07:01 AM
    Isn't it interesting that people don't read exactly what is said? You make a good point, and make it even better by ignoring my use of the word "hopefully" in my post above. Thor hopes it will be out for Christmas, but we all (deep down) know it won't be.
    With all the missed targets from BlackBerry, I'm shocked he even mentioned Xmas. He should have just said Q2 2014 and that would still be a hard target. They simply run at a slower pace than everyone else.
    03-22-13 08:02 AM
    With all the missed targets from BlackBerry, I'm shocked he even mentioned Xmas. He should have just said Q2 2014 and that would still be a hard target. They simply run at a slower pace than everyone else.
    Yeah, Blackberry time is like "bullet time" from the Matrix but much slower and with less cool results
    03-22-13 08:12 AM
    Hey guys did you hear about the new z10

Posted via CB10
    03-23-13 06:26 PM
    Interesting.... My 9700 is getting VERY long In the tooth, if I had a 9900 I would wait until the z10 refresh (or Xmas 2013), but since this onyx is even restarting when I hit the volume keys I'm going to update this sometime next month to the Z10 for 300 on Windmobile
    03-23-13 11:43 PM
    Hey guys did you hear about the new z10

Posted via CB10
    Dafuq

Posted via CB10
    03-25-13 03:33 AM
    Interesting.... My 9700 is getting VERY long In the tooth, if I had a 9900 I would wait until the z10 refresh (or Xmas 2013), but since this onyx is even restarting when I hit the volume keys I'm going to update this sometime next month to the Z10 for 300 on Windmobile
    I had a 9700 as well. It kept shutting off on its own, and the left side of the keypad wasn't working right. It's a huge change, for sure. I love it.

I hope Aristo comes out this year. My husband is up for renewal in 6 months, and a larger phone like that is what he's looking at. He likes the size of our friend's Note II, and likes the OS of my Z10 a lot. A combination of the two would be perfect for him.
    03-29-13 09:02 PM
    I hope Aristo comes out this year. My husband is up for renewal in 6 months, and a larger phone like that is what he's looking at. He likes the size of our friend's Note II, and likes the OS of my Z10 a lot. A combination of the two would be perfect for him.
    Odds are that they will have something out in time for next Xmas, they are not going to want to miss out on having a new device for that holiday shopping two years in a row.
    03-30-13 06:12 AM
    The Aristo should be a very exclusive phone.....with best-in-market specs & limited availability
    While there is room for them to do something like that, whatever was originally Aristo should have evolved by now into something far more mainstream, the specs have to be good, but the main purpose will be for them to offer a model that appeals to the over-sized phone market rather than doing some vanity project.
    04-03-13 01:47 PM
    Just wait until Q3 of 2013, I think we can get the leaked of this new flagship

Sent from My White Z10
    04-04-13 05:35 AM
46 12