Why is everyone pulling their hair out over time to boot? You reboot your phone only after having some issues. In bb10 that's tally the case. Your phone should be in standby where a swipe up starts the phone instantly...or a press of the power button!!!.

Posted via CB10
    That's complete ignorance right there. Don't make excuses for the slow boot time. And a lot of people DO have to reboot their phones quite often. Not in the Z30's case but owners of the Z10 and Q10 who use battery bundles.

Photo a Day Channel: C002B5A07
    01-18-14 09:19 PM
    That's complete ignorance right there. Don't make excuses for the slow boot time. And a lot of people DO have to reboot their phones quite often. Not in the Z30's case but owners of the Z10 and Q10 who use battery bundles.

Does an iPhone have to be rebooted? I see references to an Iphone boot time here. The operating system is not meant to be rebooted that often. It is like powering up a pc from start. If you do not want to boot your pc from start you leave jt at standby mode. Again I say boot up times are overrated.

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 09:30 PM
    Does an iPhone have to be rebooted? I see references to an Iphone boot time here. The operating system is not meant to be rebooted that often. It is like powering up a pc from start. If you do not want to boot your pc from start you leave jt at standby mode. Again I say boot up times are overrated.

Posted via CB10
    We're comparing boot times side by side. The Z30 (and all BB10 devices) are significantly slower. It's ignorant (and convenient) to say that it doesn't matter. Also, you say that if you don't want to then just "leave it at standby mode". Some people like to turn their phones off at night or when they aren't using them and that's their choice. It sounds so petty to just tell them to leave it in standby. And as I said before, the boot time also matters for those who have removable batteries and use a battery bundle. Try telling a guy who had to swap 3 Z10 batteries a day that boot times are overrated.

01-18-14 10:15 PM
    Here is a screen shot from right after I press reply. The cursor is exactly where it needs to be for me to start replying. This guy's review is totally off the mark. I responded in the comments (under Victoria V).

I'm running a Z30 and love it. Don't be put off by this wildly inaccurate review.
    Attachment 239457

Posted via CB10
    I did not read the review but when I hit reply to an email the keyboard does not show up and I do have to tap the screen to start my reply.

It's a software issue and a legitimate gripe. I find it annoying too. Running 10.2.0.429 on Z10.

Posted via CB10
    rai187 likes this.
    01-18-14 10:45 PM
    I did not read the review but when I hit reply to an email the keyboard does not show up and I do have to tap the screen to start my reply.

It's a software issue and a legitimate gripe. I find it annoying too. Running 10.2.0.429 on Z10.

Posted via CB10
    Based on above replies, it sounds like you need 10.2.1, looks like it was an announced bug fix.
    01-18-14 11:17 PM
    Saying boot times are not important with BB10 is valid because the OS is so stable it hardly needs to be rebooted. Even if your phone has a removable battery you don't take it out every day for the sake of it.

The OS takes a longer to boot than others because the OS itself does more therefore there's more to load to begin with. iOS is just an app launcher there's not much for it to do. Android has more going on in the background but it also continues loading after the main screen is viewable.

The hub did take a while to load before but how long would it take the other OS's to load all of their messaging apps at once? Also as it has already been stated in .1925 The Hub is available immediately.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 05:55 AM
    We need a poll to check how often users reboot their smartphones. Saying that a lot of people restart or the opposite is simply extrapolating your own experience across all BlackBerry users.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 07:55 AM

I totally agree with this statement, boot time is a non issue, and no one buys a device based on boot time. I've had my Z30 for a couple of months I may have had to reboot once. Also, not sure why you felt the need to insult him all call him ignorant, not cool.

Z30 on 2.2.1.1925 in Canada
    01-19-14 09:50 AM
    I am beginning to think 10.2.1 and later fixed that.
    Although we can't make sure, there aren't enough replies.
    vrud, smile and aha are all on 10.2.1 and they confirmed cursor is in body with KB up.
    You are on 10.2.0 and you don't have cursor... Is yours the latest official release available from your carrier when you go to update?
    Jup, it's the latest version.

PS: just rebooted my Z30, took about 35 seconds. But the takes some additional time to load. I don't think it's any better or worse than the iPhone 4s I came from. Especially on the Z30 with its long battery life.
    01-19-14 10:34 AM
    NSA loves those fast booting phones.

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.1925+1926 radio
    01-19-14 11:09 AM
    NSA loves those fast booting phones.

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.1925+1926 radio
    NSA loves phones with sealed batteries. Can never be truly turned off.

Sent from my LG-D800
    01-19-14 11:19 AM
    Saying boot times are not important with BB10 is valid because the OS is so stable it hardly needs to be rebooted. Even if your phone has a removable battery you don't take it out every day for the sake of it.
    You've obviously never tried to use a Z10 on a busy day...
    ajst222 likes this.
    01-19-14 11:42 AM
    You've obviously never tried to use a Z10 on a busy day...
    My previous phone was a Z10, lasted all day, and I rarely had to reboot. When I did reboot it I never complained, seems silly to complain about 1 or 2 minutes per month, I imagine there are other wasted moments in that time that don't get the attention that this does.

Z30 on 2.2.1.1925 in Canada
    01-19-14 12:14 PM
    That is not accurate on my Z10. The second I hit reply, the screen pops up with the reply message. The cursor is in the correct spot and my keyboard opens automatically. I'm pretty sure it's been this way since I got my Z10 back in the 10.0 days.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    I have wondered about this since the beginning. I found it strange but something I could live with. If what you say is correct, what could I be doing wrong? I've checked every possible setting, but none can be found for this particular issue. I wonder how many others experience the same now?
    01-19-14 04:30 PM
    I met with a friend who drives official 10.2.0.429 from Rogers.

On that device when reply button is pressed then some of the emails get correct cursor placement while others don't. Specifically, Gmail emails notifications whenever a person uploaded some images into google plus have this issue. However on my leaked 1925 every email reply is good. So it looks like something really was fixed.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 04:43 PM
    What kills me about this review is the fact that he rips on features he praised in his Z10 and Q10 reviews. Suddenly the camera he loved isn't good enough, the keyboard he lauded sucks, and the awesomely intuitive gestures he raved about have suddenly become clumsy and non-intuitive.

It's as if a different person with absolutely no BB10 experience wrote this review based on a defective unit after 5 minutes' use...

Posted via CB10
    SmileDahling and deptech like this.
    01-19-14 04:43 PM
    What kills me about this review is the fact that he rips on features he praised in his Z10 and Q10 reviews. Suddenly the camera he loved isn't good enough, the keyboard he lauded sucks, and the awesomely intuitive gestures he raved about have suddenly become clumsy and non-intuitive.

It's as if a different person with absolutely no BB10 experience wrote this review based on a defective unit after 5 minutes' use...

Posted via CB10
    This.

Agree 100%.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 05:08 PM

Posted via CB10
    This.

Agree 100%.

Posted via CB10

Don't mess with ladies of crackberry.
    HotFix and WWBlondieDo like this.
    01-19-14 06:24 PM
    I am beginning to think 10.2.1 and later fixed that.
    Although we can't make sure, there aren't enough replies.
    vrud, smile and aha are all on 10.2.1 and they confirmed cursor is in body with KB up.
    You are on 10.2.0 and you don't have cursor... Is yours the latest official release available from your carrier when you go to update?
    Just to throw my 2 cents in, on Verizon official 10.1. Cursor in body with keyboard up when replying to an email.

Posted via CB10
    01-19-14 08:37 PM
    Just to throw my 2 cents in, on Verizon official 10.1. Cursor in body with keyboard up when replying to an email.

Posted via CB10

Great, now we have no idea what causes the different behavior on different devices now.. Maybe 10.2 broke it, 10.2.1 fixed it?
    I thought there were no 10.1 for Z30...? Did it not ship with 10.2?
    01-20-14 01:29 AM
    Really strange.
    01-20-14 03:12 AM
    Great, now we have no idea what causes the different behavior on different devices now.. Maybe 10.2 broke it, 10.2.1 fixed it?
    I thought there were no 10.1 for Z30...? Did it not ship with 10.2?
    I have the Z10. Yes I know this is the Z30 thread, but several of the previous posters talked about the Z10 and also mentioned 10.1. Just passing my experience along. Even with a different device, it is still a function of OS10. Though the function apparently changes on the different versions of the OS. Nothing new.

Posted via CB10
    01-20-14 07:33 AM
    What happens on Q10?

Sent from my LG-D800
    My Q10 on 10.2.0.415 places the cursor in body, right where I want it, when I press reply.

Using Q10
    01-20-14 07:48 AM

Posted via CB10
    My Q10 on 10.2.0.415 places the cursor in body, right where I want it, when I press reply.

Using Q10

Just got my Z30 and it does have text on focus with keyboard ready when I hit reply
    I installed latest leak on Z10 it also has the focus on reply with kb out but it does not do this when I hit file, which is a big gripe.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...dialog-902479/

Now just because of this I don't feel like installing the leak on Z30..
    Can someone please check if you guys have a Z30 with latest leak, does "File" screen pop the KB automatically?
    02-06-14 12:24 PM
    Just got my Z30 and it does have text on focus with keyboard ready when I hit reply
    I installed latest leak on Z10 it also has the focus on reply with kb out but it does not do this when I hit file, which is a big gripe.
    http://forums.crackberry.com/bb10-le...dialog-902479/

Now just because of this I don't feel like installing the leak on Z30..
    Can someone please check if you guys have a Z30 with latest leak, does "File" screen pop the KB automatically?
    Sigh. My Z30 is dead right now and a replacement on the way otherwise I'd test this for you.

BUT isn't the official release for the Z30 coming out in four days? I'd hold off on installing a leak and just wait for the OTA update.
    02-06-14 03:38 PM
84 1234