Not sure if this even deserves a read or not

BlackBerry Z30 review: flagship down | Gearburn

Posted via the Z30 on CB10
    01-17-14 05:29 AM
    I don't think it is all that bad, quite truthfully. The thing that I liked about this is the fact that he is not a BB basher, as he stated that he loved the Z10, and some people do not think that the Z30 is enough to migrate to, for various reasons. He did manage to still get out a few positive things, although few and far in between. Remember this, any press, good or bad gets attention in one way or another
    01-17-14 05:45 AM
    Unbelievable nonsense. I've had the Z30 for a couple of months and have had none of the problems this reviewer has had. He lost me when he started complaining about the keyboard.
    Hub getting hung up?
    Perhaps he has a defective unit?

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL, deptech and PatrickMJS like this.
    01-17-14 07:16 AM
    Unbelievable nonsense. I've had the Z30 for a couple of months and have had none of the problems this reviewer has had. He lost me when he started complaining about the keyboard.
    Hub getting hung up?
    Perhaps he has a defective unit?

Posted via CB10
    So when you are replying an e-mail you don't have to tap again to start typing?
    Also, I heard about the wifi problems from other users, it might be a 10.2 thing..
    01-17-14 01:03 PM
    I think he needs to update to a leak OS and do fresh install lol

Sent from what ever device I got my hands on via Tapatalk
    01-17-14 01:14 PM
    So when you are replying an e-mail you don't have to tap again to start typing?
    Also, I heard about the wifi problems from other users, it might be a 10.2 thing..
    Tapping before replying?

I've never had to do that. What is he talking about?

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-17-14 02:54 PM
    Tapping before replying?

Posted via CB10
    Either he has been misinformed or there was something wrong with his device if you do not have to tap before you can start typing in your reply.
    Where is the cursor focused when you hit Reply or Reply All in your device? (What do you have, by the way?) Honestly, he made me feel iffy about getting a Z30 with all the stuff he listed, but the deal breaker was that tapping before typing thing....
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-17-14 03:02 PM
    Either he has been misinformed or there was something wrong with his device if you do not have to tap before you can start typing in your reply.
    Where is the cursor focused when you hit Reply or Reply All in your device? (What do you have, by the way?) Honestly, he made me feel iffy about getting a Z30 with all the stuff he listed, but the deal breaker was that tapping before typing thing....
    Here is a screen shot from right after I press reply. The cursor is exactly where it needs to be for me to start replying. This guy's review is totally off the mark. I responded in the comments (under Victoria V).

I'm running a Z30 and love it. Don't be put off by this wildly inaccurate review.
    Another biased review-img_20140117_174455.png

Posted via CB10
    Mecca EL and zensen like this.
    01-17-14 04:47 PM
    The end was kind of harsh. And does the browser crash a lot?

Verdict: BlackBerry’s Z30 is an excellent feature phone for anyone stuck in the past. Two years, even a year ago, and the Z30 would have been a contender. But it’s 2014 now (the Z30 launched September 2013), and overpriced, buggy phones like this are unacceptable. While BlackBerry is capable of making some truly decent BB OS 10 phones like the Z10 and Q10, it isn’t going to resurrect its fortunes with this solidly-made, yet messy device.
    01-17-14 05:30 PM
    He must have a defective phone and wrist tendinosis. I've never had my browser crash since I've recieved my phone back in October. Second, I have had no problems with wifi. Third, the phone isn't too heavy for taking pictures (wtf was that for a comment haha). Honestly, I found the review to be terrible.

Posted via my Z30
    Mecca EL likes this.
    01-17-14 05:51 PM
    My Z30 does the same as that guys. If I reply to an email the cursor is in the To: field as it is when you compose a new message. So you have to tap in the body to move the cursor before typing the message.

Posted via CB10
    illlya and rai187 like this.
    01-17-14 06:33 PM
    My Z30 does the same as that guys. If I reply to an email the cursor is in the To: field as it is when you compose a new message. So you have to tap in the body to move the cursor before typing the message.

Posted via CB10
    Same for me, perhaps it's an OS version thing?

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 / 10.2.0.1803 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2
    rai187 likes this.
    01-17-14 07:00 PM

Posted via CB10
    That is really weird. I'm on 1925 and don't have that problem. Maybe it's a bug?

Also, to answer another question, I consistently have between 10 and 20 tabs open on my browser and have never had it crash.

Posted via CB10
    01-17-14 09:42 PM
    Honestly, the review wasn't all that bad. The Z30 camera and screen are not very good, the software is still a little buggy (though he is having some serious issues), the app selection is pathetic, the way apps can just inconveniently close themselves can be annoying for some, the boot time is deathly slow, and it is a bit heavy. On BB10 I have also experienced some connectivity issues as well. On the other hand, the battery life, speakers, and browsers are strong points of the phone.

Photo a Day Channel: C002B5A07
    01-17-14 10:27 PM
    Honestly, the review wasn't all that bad. The Z30 camera and screen are not very good, the software is still a little buggy (though he is having some serious issues), the app selection is pathetic, the way apps can just inconveniently close themselves can be annoying for some, the boot time is deathly slow, and it is a bit heavy. On BB10 I have also experienced some connectivity issues as well. On the other hand, the battery life, speakers, and browsers are strong points of the phone.

It's not slower than a z10 as he mentioned, it's way faster than it! I tried restarting my Z30 after 5 seconds later to check the speed and the Z30 won by a good margin!

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    Last edited by jevinzac; 01-18-14 at 12:10 AM.
    01-17-14 11:59 PM
    Here is a screen shot from right after I press reply. The cursor is exactly where it needs to be for me to start replying. This guy's review is totally off the mark. I responded in the comments (under Victoria V).

I'm running a Z30 and love it. Don't be put off by this wildly inaccurate review.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140117_174455.png 
Views:	3466 
Size:	98.9 KB 
ID:	239457

Posted via CB10
    Hm, my keyboard doesn't pop up after I hit reply. I've set up multiple email accounts - could that be the reason why?
    01-18-14 02:53 AM
    Hm, my keyboard doesn't pop up after I hit reply. I've set up multiple email accounts - could that be the reason why?
    I have multiple accounts set on mine, but my cursor appears in the body as I hit reply.

Posted via CB10
    FunktasticLucky likes this.
    01-18-14 04:24 AM
    It's not slower than a z10 as he mentioned, it's way faster than it! I tried restarting my Z30 after 5 seconds later to check the speed and the Z30 won by a good margin!

Posted via BlackBerry Z30
    It is a bit faster but it's still deathly slow. And on top of that after the slow boot time you also need to wait for the Hub to prepare itself and that's like another 2 minutes.

01-18-14 09:50 AM
    The end was kind of harsh. And does the browser crash a lot?
    No.

Posted via CB10 with Z30 on 10.2.1.1925+1926 radio
    01-18-14 09:54 AM
    It is a bit faster but it's still deathly slow. And on top of that after the slow boot time you also need to wait for the Hub to prepare itself and that's like another 2 minutes.

I just tested with the newest 1925 software leak/update. The phone takes about 2 min to to turn and get to my lock screen. Yes that's kind of slow, but when comparing to my note 3, which is faster turning on but once it's on it does all its indexing and crap that by the time that is done it's at about 2 min as well. What's the point in a phone turning on in 30 seconds if you can't use it yet? So I have no complaints with the 2 min to turn 'everything' on and is ready for use.

With regards to the hub, in this update its normally up as soon as I unlock, sometimes if I try to go to it really fast when the device turns on, I have noticed it take about 30 seconds or so, but it is way faster than it has been on any other update at loading up upon turning the device on. (I have 6 emails, BBM, whatsapp, fb, twitter, linked in, phones, text, pretty much everything possible to put in the hub, not sure if this effects or not)

Posted via CB10
    01-18-14 10:48 AM
    I just tested with the newest 1925 software leak/update. The phone takes about 2 min to to turn and get to my lock screen. Yes that's kind of slow, but when comparing to my note 3, which is faster turning on but once it's on it does all its indexing and crap that by the time that is done it's at about 2 min as well. What's the point in a phone turning on in 30 seconds if you can't use it yet? So I have no complaints with the 2 min to turn 'everything' on and is ready for use.

With regards to the hub, in this update its normally up as soon as I unlock, sometimes if I try to go to it really fast when the device turns on, I have noticed it take about 30 seconds or so, but it is way faster than it has been on any other update at loading up upon turning the device on. (I have 6 emails, BBM, whatsapp, fb, twitter, linked in, phones, text, pretty much everything possible to put in the hub, not sure if this effects or not)

Posted via CB10
    I had a Droid Razr back when it first released. It took 45 seconds and was ready as soon as it was on. That was Android in 2011-2012 but I haven't owned one since. The iPhone is quite quick and is usable instantly. I don't have an exact number. My Lumia 928 took 30 seconds on the dot and was ready instantly. My Z10 takes a minute and a half plus about 2 minutes for the Hub. I can speak about the Hub for the Z30 but I've seen boot time videos and they're all about a minute, maybe a little more.

01-18-14 10:58 AM

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_20140117_174455.png 
Views:	3466 
Size:	98.9 KB 
ID:	239457

Posted via CB10
    I am drooling over that screen, how much I miss that.

Could you share your version number and STA model #?

Sent from my LG-D800
    01-18-14 11:17 AM

Posted via CB10
    Same for me, perhaps it's an OS version thing?

Posted via CB10 on Z30 STA100-2 / 10.2.0.1803 on O2 UK - Activated on BES10.2
    I have multiple accounts set on mine, but my cursor appears in the body as I hit reply.

Posted via CB10
    Could you all post software versions and model numbers below your posts. Lets see if it is linked to anything. It would be really annoying to have cursor on TO when hitting reply.

I can definitely see cursor be on TO when hitting forward, but on reply it focus should be on text field.

Sent from my LG-D800
    01-18-14 11:19 AM
    Tapping before replying?

Posted via CB10
    When you tap reply on an email, it doesn't bring up the keyboard automatically. You have to tap the text area in order to start typing. This is always the case on the Z. Do you have a Q?
    01-18-14 11:37 AM
    Hoo hoo, this 'review' gets some Z30 owners piece of mind in the comments! Ouch. :-D

Using Q10
    01-18-14 11:45 AM
84 123 ...