I've loved my Z10 for last 3 years.

I bought a Priv and it's slowed me down when I work so it's going back - although for fun stuff (social apps, video, casting etc.) it is a step up.

My main gripe with Z10 was performance of Android apps - I only use a few but all have similar problems:
    - No push notifications even if enabled in app settings
    - After my phone turns on, for around 5 minutes I can't open the app there is just a green progress bar for Android apps
    - Apps can take a while to "load up" once opened - e.g. you open up and takes 60-120 secs for the actual new stuff to load up.

Is this similar with Z30 or is there an improvement?
    Also for other Z10 users did you have same issues as above or was it just my Z10?
    01-25-16 05:16 AM
    The android apps are going to run best on an Android....maybe even your priv. As for running them on a Z30, for the most part, they worked in an efficient manner, I would never say any app ever opened quickly....nothing like using a real android to run those apps.
    01-25-16 06:33 AM
    I am not sure I saw much difference between my Z10 and Z30 loading Android apps. But I also don't recall it taking up to 5 minutes to reload them. BUT I also did not turn off either phone very often, if at all. I just leave them on with the occasional restart/reboot.

But I do appreciate the additional features that the Z30 has over the Z10. Better speakers, usb-on-the-go, larger screen and much longer lived battery. And Jaydee above was one of the people who convinced me to move to the Z30.
    vjvj likes this.
    01-25-16 09:43 AM
    Having upgraded from Z10 to Z30 I can tell you all apps run better. Processor is a little faster and it's definitely noticeable with Android apps.

If Priv is not your thing yet then Z30 is the best BB10 phone.

Posted via  BlackBerry Z30
    vjvj likes this.
    01-26-16 08:33 AM
    Some of my Android apps open up right away on my z30, some, like Kindle app, takes about 1-2 minutes to wake up (on a rare occasion, it will open up right away). I think it's more of a android-on-bb issue rather than the phone itself, but given that z30 has better hardware than z10, I would expect things to be faster on the z30.

Regarding the green progress bar:

When you start up the phone, the OS loads the bare essentials so that you can log into it sooner and start using its main functions (like the HUB). When you log in right away, it looks like the phone is ready, but in actuality it is still loading other things in the background. So, when you try to start one of those "other things", you will first see the Green Progress Bar (it's the progress of those "other things" loading). The only way for you not to have to wait for the green bar, is for the OS to load everything before letting you log in, but that would take a longer wait for you to be able to log in. At the end, you still have to wait, either for the "everything to load in" before logging in, or for the green bar. In my opinion, the current implementation of letting you log in sooner is better. What I do is turn my phone on about 5 min before I actually need to start using it any of the android apps.
    FF22 likes this.
    01-26-16 09:05 AM
    Regarding the green progress bar:
    Cool, makes sense. Thanks for the explanation.
    01-27-16 11:29 AM