Dear All,

would it be possible to run android app as a service, the same way as it would run on native android platform.
    In my case any application that I want it to be running in the background, (those apps waiting to be triggered by an event or not)
    are having app window open, and there is a limitation of four - visible on the first screen.
    If app is closed that's it, that service doesn't work any more.
    Suggestion: if hub could deal with app execution or maybe specifying behavior (short or long headless) within security/app settings... ?
    Or if there could be a widget for non native apps which would organize and allow walk trough running processes rather than having multiple apps each opening a window ?

I am running latest 10.2.1 on Z30.

Regards.
    hassanalusi likes this.
    01-12-14 04:38 PM
    That would be amazing especially for Viber.

Posted via CB10
    hassanalusi likes this.
    01-12-14 05:04 PM
    In my opinion, I wouldn't want an android app to go headless on a blackberry phone. There will be major problems if a malicious andriod app got hold onto your phones services. Anyway from what I understand Android apps require Java running in the background so you end up having 2 things going for just 1 app! That means battery life on the phone will be less than a native code headless app.

I actually wish I could turn off the Android runtime on the phone. I like apps that are native and not the ported variety.
    01-12-14 06:52 PM
    You are right. However, android community is much bigger and if we speak about functionality it is much better to keep android runtime libs. There are apps that will never be rewritten, but thanks to this I am able to control things.

Posted via CB10
    01-13-14 10:45 AM
    It's 8 active frames, with headless app coming with the Os update.

Toasted via CB10
    01-13-14 03:04 PM