I would like start using Bedside Mode but am wondering if there should be any concern regarding screen burn-in from leaving it on the clock image during the night? I know I'm sounding paranoid, but I know many of you can relate to being that way. Thanks!

Z30 / STA 100-3 / 10.2.1.2141
    Last edited by HowardShap; 03-08-14 at 09:07 PM.
    03-08-14 08:51 PM
    i use bedside mode as well, however after i turn it on, i actuall hit the power button to turn off the screen. AMOLED can be burnt in if thee same image is there enough.. prove is my galaxy nexus, when it was on jelly bean i got the burn in from the navigation bar and status bar... i dont risk it, and turn the screen off
    howards likes this.
    03-08-14 09:29 PM
    I would like start using Bedside Mode but am wondering if there should be any concern regarding screen burn-in from leaving it on the clock image during the night? I know I'm sounding paranoid, but I know many of you can relate to being that way. Thanks!

Z30 / STA 100-3 / 10.2.1.2141
    I don't know the first thing about AMOLED burn in...but the clock on my Q10 is so very, very dim in the dark room that I doubt very seriously that image would ever burn in. I've used my clock in bedside mode every night since I got the phone this past summer, and there's no indication of any burn in.
    howards likes this.
    03-08-14 09:33 PM
    i use bedside mode as well, however after i turn it on, i actuall hit the power button to turn off the screen. AMOLED can be burnt in if thee same image is there enough.. prove is my galaxy nexus, when it was on jelly bean i got the burn in from the navigation bar and status bar... i dont risk it, and turn the screen off
    I thought about doing that as I really don't need the clock. But then, why use bedside mode to begin with? To turn off all notifications and maybe wireless too? Seems like airplane mode with all alerts off would do the same thing.
    03-08-14 09:58 PM
    This doesn't happen in recent AMOLED panels.
    03-08-14 10:54 PM
    Also, isn't it super dim?

BlackBerry 101 - Help Channel
    03-08-14 10:59 PM
    It is dim. I use a case so it actually blackens the screen. No risk of burn in. Bedside mode is great as it prevents sleep disturbing notifications.

Posted via CB10
    03-08-14 11:26 PM
    I thought about doing that as I really don't need the clock. But then, why use bedside mode to begin with? To turn off all notifications and maybe wireless too? Seems like airplane mode with all alerts off would do the same thing.
    That's exactly it. Why take those extra steps to do silent and airplane mode when you can do bedside mode. Benefits to that is you don't need to kill the wireless. Example. Mine mutes all notifications except calls (no one calls unless it's an emergency) to each there own tho. That's what I do and it works best for me. I don't want to risk the burn in. New panels or not.

Sent from my Z30 using Tapatalk
    03-08-14 11:41 PM
    Even in the bedside mode it will dim it self out after a few minutes. By turning it on you just won't be bothered by emails or any thing else but a ringing phone oh Ya and your alarm if set

Rick Pringle, Z30 on CB.10
    03-08-14 11:43 PM
    I believe the dark mode is what helps prevent burn-in.

Posted from my Z30 using CB10
    03-09-14 09:44 AM
    Even in the bedside mode it will dim it self out after a few minutes. By turning it on you just won't be bothered by emails or any thing else but a ringing phone oh Ya and your alarm if set

Rick Pringle, Z30 on CB.10
    Not when plugged in

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 10:01 AM
    Love to see an official cradle for their next Q30 or my next phone. I always purchase a cradle for phone and my Q10 is the first with out one. I have tried aftermarket cradles. But their built for the Q10..

Thanks

Posted via CB10
    03-09-14 10:14 AM
    I would rather prefer a battery saving mode like Samsung GS5. Close all background processes and turn the screen to grey scale, allow just sms, email, and making calls. Bedside mode should only run an alarm clock and not the whole BB10 OS (like hibernate mode) in the background so it conserves battery and processing power.
    03-09-14 10:14 AM
    Does anyone know why the screen turns in again after turning the screen off after entering bedside mode?

Posted via CB10
    03-15-14 11:06 AM
    guys i think you need to worry about burn in... i just actually looked at my q10, and i got slighty burn in at the top and bottom where the status bar is and the call/camera/search bar is... so burn in can happen on these displays... (i dont really car about it on my q10 as its my work phone but ya it can happen)
    03-15-14 06:58 PM
    This doesn't happen in recent AMOLED panels.
    ALL AMOLED panels WILL have problems with burn in at one point or another. This technology itself is the cause of the burn in. The screen wears out unevenly.
    03-15-14 07:33 PM