Sorry I don't quite understand what you mean? What am I trying to "start"? It's a genuine feeling I have I'm not a trouble caused or trying to put people off.

Quite frankly I'm tired of rude, tactless people on this forum..

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 02:17 PM
    Sorry I don't quite understand what you mean? What am I trying to "start"? It's a genuine feeling I have I'm not a trouble caused or trying to put people off.

Quite frankly I'm tired of rude, tactless people on this forum..

Posted via CB10
    yeah, after a whole 29 posts I could see why you'd be worn out already . . .
    Hup55 likes this.
    12-13-13 03:06 PM
    I'd your not happy with the phone I say go with what makes you happy. Life is too short to wait around for phone updates. If you like the iPhone go for it. BlackBerry isn't for everyone and if a camera is a priority for you, apple is a much better choice as the BlackBerry camera is not good

Posted via my Z30
    12-13-13 03:07 PM
    Hm, I can only speak to my experience with the Z10 (Z30 arriving in the mail tomorrow!) but I agree with you about the camera. I'm pretty disappointed in BlackBerrry's lack of focus on an amazing camera. Using my old iPhone 4S today as an interim while I wait for the new phone I realized I miss it's snappiness. That being said, I like being able to take a picture by clicking anywhere on the screen.

Other than that though, I don't feel ya. I think BB10 is built for work AND play and does both very well.

Get a phone that makes you happy though! If you don't find enjoyment using it then it's not right for you.
    Honestly, BlackBerry was never big on cameras since day one.. not sure why
    12-13-13 03:10 PM
    I have no glitches at all mines fast, very fast and no lag time whatsoever so far... not even once... I'd say take a step back from the leak, you can't really complain when you're using the device in a way it wasn't intended to be used.....

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 04:44 PM
    i might be giddy because i saw my first z30 today and got to play around with it for a good while, but I have to say I would love to have one.

Actually if you decide to get rid of yours, feel free to send it my way (And I'm not trying to be smart, i'm being serious! I would love one!)

All in all, get the phone that YOU want, forget what everyone else says. If BB10 doesn't work for your needs then there's no shame in that and I for one wouldn't blame you for switching.

I've used iOS, Android, BBRY, and even tried Windows Phone. BB10 works for me. It doesn't work for everyone. That's just the truth of everything.

But seriously.. if you're going to get rid of yours.. let me know k? :P
    12-13-13 04:49 PM
    Yes you are.

Posted via CB10
    12-13-13 04:50 PM
    yeah, after a whole 29 posts I could see why you'd be worn out already . . .
    Seriously why so rude? What have I ever done to you?

Just because I haven't posted much doesn't mean I haven't been around for a while. I've had a few cb accounts over the years and have always hovered.

This is supposed to be somewhere to help people if you can't say anything nice (or helpful) don't say anything at all.

!

Posted via CB10
    Donvald likes this.
    12-14-13 02:01 AM
    i might be giddy because i saw my first z30 today and got to play around with it for a good while, but I have to say I would love to have one.

Actually if you decide to get rid of yours, feel free to send it my way (And I'm not trying to be smart, i'm being serious! I would love one!)

All in all, get the phone that YOU want, forget what everyone else says. If BB10 doesn't work for your needs then there's no shame in that and I for one wouldn't blame you for switching.

I've used iOS, Android, BBRY, and even tried Windows Phone. BB10 works for me. It doesn't work for everyone. That's just the truth of everything.

But seriously.. if you're going to get rid of yours.. let me know k? :P
    Thank you see this is a helpful post!

I'm in the UK so probably wouldn't be much use selling it on here anyway ha ha

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 02:03 AM
    Z30 to me is the best phone hands down. Every one is different but for me its Z30.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 05:37 AM
    Hm, I can only speak to my experience with the Z10 (Z30 arriving in the mail tomorrow!) but I agree with you about the camera. I'm pretty disappointed in BlackBerrry's lack of focus on an amazing camera. Using my old iPhone 4S today as an interim while I wait for the new phone I realized I miss it's snappiness. That being said, I like being able to take a picture by clicking anywhere on the screen.

Other than that though, I don't feel ya. I think BB10 is built for work AND play and does both very well.

Get a phone that makes you happy though! If you don't find enjoyment using it then it's not right for you.
    So, the z30 arrived? How do you feel now?
    12-14-13 05:44 AM
    I'm like the OS that's not the issue I do take lots of photos of my two kids though and suppose for me that's a major thing. I also use instagram lots and the Facebook app which is poor for BlackBerry not even a basic option of selecting top stories or most recent. The camera is constantly out of focus. It's a shame as the I like the screen size and the keyboard and battery is brilliant. just not enough to make me keep it I don't think

Posted via CB10
    I can understand your frustration regarding the camera. While the quality itself is quite decent, the focus is really an issue, at least on my Q10 it is. It appears being quite random and getting a decent, "focussed" focus is really hard and rubbish. They'll really need to improve here.
    I don't use Facebook so I can't really comment on the features the native Facebook app actually really offer. You might want to take a look at third party apps like Social Feeds to get those stories you're talking about I guess.
    Last but not least regarding Instagram, I find it odd one can actually complain about that. Unless you've done some actual research prior buying your Z30, you should know that Instagram experience on BB10 in general always has been a mixed bag. While sideloading got improved, performance is still not on par with official clients released for iOS and Android. The 3d party apps like iGrann developers are working on are making slow progress and seem to be pretty difficult to develop.

I don't like to say it, but if you really are an avid Instagram user and depend quite much on this app, you simply bought the wrong phone here. Unless Instagram actually releases an official BB10 version or at least a 3rd party app emerges in a good working conditions, Instagram on BB10 will stay a workaround solution.

Posted via the awesome Blackberry Q10
    12-14-13 05:50 AM
    Yeah I shouldve realised my attachment to instagram I didn't realise until having my z30 how much I used it I suppose.

Your comments re the camera focusing are spot on too. That is what frustrates me it just is hit and miss with focus

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 06:54 AM
    Hopefully new releases of the OS will address issues with the camera. Personally I don't mind the 8MP but I'm not huge on the camera.

I wouldn't say no to a bigger one though :P

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 10:57 AM
    I got mine yesterday.. I'm coming fro Z10&Q10... Amazing device.. well built too
    12-14-13 12:36 PM
    Hopefully new releases of the OS will address issues with the camera. Personally I don't mind the 8MP but I'm not huge on the camera.

I wouldn't say no to a bigger one though :P

Posted via CB10
    I took some piccies outside today and it's great outside maybe it's just a low light issue! I ordered a Nokia 925 and after a at decided z30 is worth sticking with its so much better quality wise!

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 01:16 PM
    I'm a happy camper. I can say i'm vendor agnostic and I like to try the latest and greatest. I remember when I used to update my Sony Ericsson W800 camera software every week. Since my phones are employer provided, I can choose what I want. I've been using my old iPhone 4S coming from a BlackBerry Pearl and I can say that BlackBerry 10 is the new cool and i'm loving it more each day. I'm still on 10.2.0 due to the fact that it's a company phone and I don't want to load leaks. However, I side load Android apps that I can't find in the app world and I welcome a vendor who can support other OSes and still ensuring security between work and personal workspace. I laughed at my co-worker who had 2 iPhone 4s velcroed together. One side is his personal phone, the other is his work phone. I wowed him with a demo of BlackBerry Balance. Enough said.

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 01:48 PM
    I took some piccies outside today and it's great outside maybe it's just a low light issue! I ordered a Nokia 925 and after a at decided z30 is worth sticking with its so much better quality wise!

Posted via CB10
    Yes the outside pics are fantastic with this phone I have a Zed30 running 1055, have you tried getting the latest Instagram from one of the Google stores? Like 1 Mobile Market, I did and my Instagram works well, I'm not a huge user just for family pics but I'm happy with the converted apk.

Almost all of the camera issues are software related and I'm sure will get better with each new release it did with 10.2.0 iterations

Like others have said you could revert back to the latest 10.2.0.xxxx or try the latest apps from 1 Mobile market.

Good luck!

Posted from my ZED 30 jacked up on 10.2.1.1055 thank you very much!!
    12-14-13 01:52 PM
    Go with what works best for you, BBRY was and continues to be a work horse of a device not so much of a picture taking "fun" phone.....maybe someday they will come around....Good luck on your search!!

Posted via CB10
    12-14-13 04:19 PM
    Honestly, BlackBerry was never big on cameras since day one.. not sure why
    When I'm concerned about taking a great photo I simply bring my Canon Rebel along.

Not sure why we need the "swiss army knife" mobile phone edition to make it all worth while.

Yes getting a great photo captured on your phone is a great feature but I would not weight this criteria very high.

Great reception. Great sound quality. Great battery life. Great keyboard. Great BlackBerry quality and security should remain high on our requirement list IMO.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 09:35 PM
    I keep telling myself that soon as the official 10.2.1 is released it will change but I'm so fed up of using the leak and things closing and glitches and the rubbish camera it's making me fall out with the z30 maybe I just don't understand all the technical stuff too well to get the most from it who knows. Having come from iPhone and Android BlackBerry is still very much a business phone and not suited to someone looking for more.

Posted via CB10
    Like others I am not the only one tired of these posts. I have a Z30 working flawlessly.
    12-18-13 09:40 PM
    I find the camera quite good. You always have to use the settings. I have a Pentax K5 and a Leica V Lux4. I use auto focus and almost never use the flash. And rarely use the cameras anymore.
    Am I the only one who doesn't love My Z30?-img_00001984.jpg
    Am I the only one who doesn't love My Z30?-img_00002008.jpg
    Am I the only one who doesn't love My Z30?-img_00001961.jpg

Posted via CB10
    gokulesh likes this.
    12-18-13 10:39 PM
    I find the camera quite good. You always have to use the settings. I have a Pentax K5 and a Leica V Lux4. I use auto focus and almost never use the flash. And rarely use the cameras anymore.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_00001984.jpg 
Views:	638 
Size:	85.2 KB 
ID:	231390

Name:	IMG_00002008.jpg 
Views:	637 
Size:	39.8 KB 
ID:	231391

Name:	IMG_00001961.jpg 
Views:	638 
Size:	39.2 KB 
ID:	231392

Posted via CB10
    Wow... Great pictures!!

Sent from my super secret shoe device using Tapatalk HD
    12-18-13 10:56 PM
    If it's any consolation, maybe the "picture correction mode" or whatever it's called may give you better photos. I figured this out this past weekend at a party.

If you look at the top right of the camera mode, there is the camera, the video camera, and something with a person's face. The person's face mode takes multiple shots and let's you scroll through and save the most focused shot. I remember hearing about this feature at one point, but actually using it really made me love the camera a little more.

As far as video goes, I saw that the quality was pretty much the same as my Thunderbolt, maybe slightly better. But one awesome feature on the Z30 is being able to crop and adjust the video straight from the video gallery app.

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 11:09 PM
    Well, currently on a Z30 and I must say that it is a brilliant device. I was previously on a Z10 (STL100-1) and I sold it off because I wanted a LTE device, make no mistake I really liked the Z10.

Was on an iPhone4s for two months approximately, considering all the different options from iOS, Android and Windows Phone too. But guess since not really an app junkie, I wasn't too convinced.

So got myself the Z30, first thing I did was load up the latest leak and a spanking new media card. The battery life is amazing, only the Note III is in the same league. The bigger screen takes some getting used to, the screen although lower PPI it doesn't really matter that much for everyday usage and although I wanted a removable batt something had to give.

The only device that had a removable batt within normal sized was the S4. But absolutely no regrets getting the Z30.

Things like about the iPhone was the mute button, and the Pebble integration. Those were the two outstanding items. But the OS felt slow and I think it was also due to using an old phone but I think moving to a 5S would have the same qualms. Take sharing photo for example, it's too many steps to share as the default share is limited compared to other platforms.

So if you're on the Z30 it's a niche thing I guess, depends what you're looking for. No one shoe fits all. Cheers

Posted via CB10
    12-18-13 11:30 PM
76 1234