Once again someone taking about the past when I'm talking about z10 and z30

Owner of z30, z10, q10, iPhone 4 and 5, sony xperia z1
    The issue is that the past can always be repeated when hardware specs are considered "unimportant". If the 2 PlayBooks that I purchased are too far in the "past" to fit your narrative, let's discuss the Z10 that's only a few months old. Shortly after the purchase, I (and others like me) learned that hardware limitations would prevent it from supporting WiFi Direct or USB OTG. These technologies were already out and being deployed on other devices when the Z10 was being built, but they were excluded.

It's not a trivial thing when we're spending, in some cases, $500, $600, or even $700 on a device that's being sold as a "flagship" device, only to learn a couple of months later of certain hardware limitations that prevent it from supporting currently available functionality. Consumers like myself want to ensure that our purchases aren't immediately obsolete. I want a device with enough hardware wherewithal to support the next OS that is deployed. I don't want to have to re-purchase a high end electronic device every year in order to take advantage of the latest and greatest. I'd much rather have something that isn't built for today's OS demands, but considers the demands a bit further out on the horizon. I think that's good consumerism. If BlackBerry continues down this path, their road to recovery will be extremely bumpy and they may not complete the journey.

I think everyone has the right to their opinion. And I think those who don't place significant emphasis on hardware are exercising their right to think the way they do. But I do not believe it's right for you to criticize those who place higher value on hardware than you do. This "what's your problem" post is frankly a bit myopic and offensive. We're all adults who can decide for ourselves what's most important. I don't need anyone telling me what I should and should not value as a consumer. For my money, hardware is right up there with a good user experience.

In the end, we both seem to love our BlackBerry, so I'm still on your side.

Cheers!
    kbz1960 likes this.
    11-03-13 12:12 PM
    When ever iPhone or Android get a hardware spec boost the user experience and capability of the phone increases. So according to the OP BB10 has maxed out and can't improve with better specs. To bad I assumed BlackBerry phones would continue to have improved proformance with each new model. I guess BlackBerry knows best as usual about what is the best hardware and software for the market by setting a limit they will never pass.

Posted via Z10
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    11-03-13 12:45 PM
    First I need to address to all you iPhone and Android lovers out there. I have a sony xperia z1 (best camera and cpu on an android device), had an iPhone 4 and now iPhone 5 (decided to skip iPhone 5 because after trying it for awhile it felt exactly the same as my 5 just a bit faster with finger print scanning and better camera.
    So apparently I who has the choice to pick between which phone to use due to owning multiple devices decides to limit myself to ancient hardware. Well if 8mp is ancient hardware why don't you tell apple and Google that too? Because last I checked iPhone 5 and 5s both sport a 8 mp camera (bigger sensor on 5s I know) , saying 8 mp makes it ancient is a terrible example of trying to turn people away from a PHONE. I have the option to use my xperia z1 which has 20.7 mp and a better cpu but I don't. Why? Because after using different phones for a while I find my user experience is way better on my z10 or z30 compared to my Android or iPhone. Hardware would matter if it limited the functions my phone was suppose to do, however it doesn't in my case so this is my opinion and leave it at that. I really find no point arguing with trolls on hardware means everything when user experience is what really matters to me. I can get the phone I want and I chose to use z30 as my main phone while other phones sit gathering dust. Deal with it. (not a blackberry fan boy, simply prefer bb10 over ios or Android )

Secondly I need to address people who think I meant blackberry can't make phones with better specs because they think I said their os cannot be improved further with better hard ware. Apparently you know how to read my mind and twist what I think into some crazy thoughts because I never said they couldn't improve the os with better hardware. I simply stated my user experience is already better than when I use android or ios.

If my user experience was lack luster due to the hardware I would complain along with the rest of you about the hardware. However has it? at least not for me. So if you find the hardwares limit your user experience so be it. Get a better phone. If you never even tried the z10 or z30 for longer than a month don't even come complaining to the forums about the hardware. Because in the end iPhone uses old hardware re-branded with apple and every one is still sane. Yet you people come here to whine and ***** about a phone you probably didn't even take the time to try. And if you did try then the phone just wasn't meant for you. Bb10 was meant for people who wanted a more efficient messaging, emailing, browsing, and typing experience. Not for those who wanted to brag about hardware and apps, unless your talking about the speakers cause the z30 has the best speakers on the market right now hands down.

Thirdly to those that try and use PlayBook to bring a point of hardware limitations. The PlayBook was never meant to run bb10. They may have tried to promise it, but when it was created it was meant to do what they made it to do. And reading the reviews of PlayBook owners there are those that are happy with what it was capable of doing. However trying to complain about the hardware limitations of the PlayBook due to not being able to use bb10 is like trying to complain why your iPhone 4 is running slower than iPhone 5s. (only two year difference and my iPhone friend are all ******** about the speed after the updated already. ) if that example wasn't good enough for you then imagine iPhone 5 users ******** about not having finger scanners. Bb10 was built to require 2 gb ram. So don't complain about products not built for something released in the future that demand higher specs.
    Nothing is future proof forever . If you really want ***** about every instance something can't be used for future software or hardware then you might as well never buy anything because it will be outdated within 6 month easily at the rate technology improves.

Conclusion : I'm sick and tired of all you trolls trying to complain about something you either haven't tried or simply are biased against. And I realized there is not point replying to you people simply because your mind is so stubborn in your thought you can't even attempt to try something new without judging it before you used it long enough to make an actual opinion on it.

If you actually try a product and don't like it. Don't use it. Get something different that suits YOU. I'm not telling anyone to get a blackberry because it isn't for everyone. But for those who think blackberry 10 is limited by the hardware, think again and try it before you make prejudice comments again. It can easily compete with ios or android on being a smart phone for messaging calling texting emailing and entertainment. The only thing that isn't up to par may be the apps as people claim (I don't use much apps myself so I don't mind this part), and the terrible management by blackberry for marketing and timing (keeping deadlines)

That's all. Good day to you all. I will not be replying to this thread anymore.

hazarder likes this.
    11-03-13 03:29 PM
    Guessing your replying to my post. I have 2 phones. S4 and Z10. I tried a lot of other phones too. I love BlackBerry 10, but there is some minor imperfections. Poor native apps. No secret on that.

Have you tried iPhone 5 and s4, HTC one camera indoor without flash? Blows Zed out of water! Ancient is the right word. Zed is using 2011 era camera tech.

I also left BlackBerry for some time during Dakota period. Cb people saying my Dakota battery last more than a day BS. I had to charge 3 x a day And now Z10. CB pull the same deal. Cough. BS. I did leave alright during Dakota.

I'm just holding on to my z10 cause of the new 10.2, until I get bored.

Posted via CB10
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    11-03-13 07:44 PM
    Reading through the forums I find it really stupid that people complain about the hardware for blackberry such as Ram, CPU, GPU etc.
    The reason?

Does our Blackberry 10 device have lag issues or something so groundbreaking that causes it unusable or just not user friendly?
    Nope

Does the Hardware limit the smooth transitions between Apps and functions of our BB10 phone?
    Nope

Do you get a worse experience with BB10 compared with Android or IOS?
    Subjective, completely depending on how long you used the device as well as what you use it for. For messaging Blackberry 10 is hands down the best platform. For apps IOS or Android are both very competitive. For customization Android is hands down the king. For intuitive IOS is just ahead of Blackberry 10 but not by far if people actually tried Blackberry 10 with an open mind. For security Blackberry is handsdown the best so far.
    As I've said it is all subjective. So if you do not agree with anything I just said so be it. However that is the common perceptions right now in the world.

So what is the problem?
    Nothing, just perspective issue for people who never used a Blackberry 10. They have the mindset of people who use computers that the better your specs the better you run games, and I do not disagree with that fact, however that fact is BASED on the same OS system Windows. As well as based on programs built for the exact same OS system Windows.

Is blackberry OS the exact same as Android or IOS?
    Nope

So why is it that people try to compare completely different OS by their hardware instead of what they do differently?

IOS has the ability to make things simple for users to understand and run smoothly.
    Android has the ability to allow anyone to customize their phone to their liking, but by customizing too much they risk losing their speed in their device.
    While Blackberry 10 Offers the users a powerhouse for messaging and multitasking between 8 apps with the speed and efficiency that only people who USED Blackberry 10 will understand.

Each platform has their own ups and downs and not a single person should be able to dismiss the advantages of those Operating systems.

So all I ask is please try to appreciate each Operating system for what they are. Instead of the prejudice perceptions of hardware defines the phone mindset.

Disclaimer:
    I use an iphone5, BB Z10, BB Q10, Samsung galaxy S3, Sony Xperia Z1 (soon next monday), BB Z30 (soon next monday).
    I'm a passionate phone geek and I like all operating systems for what they bring to the table. Currently I use BB Z10 as my main phone.
    This is what I've been preaching for a good while now, couldn't have said it nearly as good as you did.
    Long live BlackBerry.

Posted via that z10!
    11-04-13 12:25 AM
    Again, "specs" are important as the OS... BB10 cannot run on less than 2GB RAM devices (while other OS's still can)... and the better your device specs, the longer it will be supported...

If you find that "specs" are irrelevant, unimportant and overrated and you want to respect that... we need also to respect those people that find "specs" are important as the OS...

Posted via Z10
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    11-04-13 04:01 AM
    I think you have to look first and foremost on user experience. We can't future proof our devices. I am very happy with the Z30. It will easily last me two years.

Posted via CB10
    11-04-13 05:51 AM
    Conclusion : I'm sick and tired of all you trolls trying to complain about something you either haven't tried or simply are biased against. And I realized there is not point replying to you people simply because your mind is so stubborn in your thought you can't even attempt to try something new without judging it before you used it long enough to make an actual opinion on it.

If you actually try a product and don't like it. Don't use it. Get something different that suits YOU. I'm not telling anyone to get a blackberry because it isn't for everyone. But for those who think blackberry 10 is limited by the hardware, think again and try it before you make prejudice comments again. It can easily compete with ios or android on being a smart phone for messaging calling texting emailing and entertainment. The only thing that isn't up to par may be the apps as people claim (I don't use much apps myself so I don't mind this part), and the terrible management by blackberry for marketing and timing (keeping deadlines)

That's all. Good day to you all. I will not be replying to this thread anymore.
    You really didn't need to get so defensive. Most complaints are about bang for the buck. Like YOU said - use what works for you. You rant about hardware not mattering, but in the same breath you say you only use it for messaging. BB is great for messaging, so be happy. But if others are disappointed in their phones, they have just as much right to complain, as it really is user experience that matters. I'm using a knockoff S4 right now ( I highly recommend as a cheap way to experience Android) and other than hating the buttons on the bottom, I'm really enjoying the available apps and customization. After being an iOS user for years, the Z10 keyboard felt iconic to me. After using the Google keyboard with gesture (slide) typing, I can't believe everyone doesn't use it, it's simply that good - BUT that's personal. I will miss the hub and swipe gestures for sure, but the trade off for me, eg. apps, themes, widgets, infrared remote, is such that I will definitely be picking up an Android as my next device. If I were to choose a device based solely on messaging and efficiency - BB for sure. What people need to remember is that BB is now competing with phones that are good at everything and the consumer expects everything.
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    11-04-13 07:21 AM
    Lol my Z10 doesn't have FM radio, miracast, WiFi direct, USB OTG, etc. and it's not even a year apart from the Z30.

I know upgrades tend to go forward, but those 'upgrades', the technology, already existed at the time (we had some on previous devices) and some were even considered basic for an early 2013 smartphone.

I guess specs don't matter! I want a future proofed device.

I believe in harmonic hardware/software optimisation, but we require 2GB of RAM to do OK!

Ask yourself, given the past situations and the company's history, will any current device be able to run BB11? What would you do of whatever CEO says the BB11 requires 3GB of RAM and/or a quadcore to boot? Buy a new one, you'll say, but that's not for everyone.
    BB10 devices are awesome, today.

Come on, we are not trolls. Take the blindfold off your face.
    kthhrrsn and kbz1960 like this.
    11-04-13 07:40 AM
    Dreamgreed - I think you're getting way too defensive and taking different perspectives way too personal. I get it that you're not as concerned as some about hardware. Don't bash those who care more about hardware than you do. In the end, most people who have responded are die-hard BlackBerry fans and do in fact own PlayBooks, Z10's, and even Z30 devices. The only thing that will make me give up my Z10 is a Z30!

But we WANT BlackBerry to succeed! And we WANT BlackBerry to push the envelope and offer best in class hardware- especially for a premium price. Believe it or not, there are consumers who don't know 10% of what we know about devices, and it'll come down to storage capacity, camera MP's, and processor speed. If BlackBerry wants to see devices, it has to keep current. To make matters worse, salesmen in stores will often highlight the most superficial differences between different phones, i.e.- this one has 16GB on board, and this one has 32GB. The leave out the fact that the one w/32GB isn't expandable...

In short...CHILL OUT!
    11-04-13 11:00 AM
    Again, "specs" are important as the OS... BB10 cannot run on less than 2GB RAM devices (while other OS's still can)... and the better your device specs, the longer it will be supported...

If you find that "specs" are irrelevant, unimportant and overrated and you want to respect that... we need also to respect those people that find "specs" are important as the OS...

Posted via Z10
    THANK YOU!!
    11-04-13 11:01 AM
    Lol my Z10 doesn't have FM radio, miracast, WiFi direct, USB OTG, etc. and it's not even a year apart from the Z30.

I know upgrades tend to go forward, but those 'upgrades', the technology, already existed at the time (we had some on previous devices) and some were even considered basic for an early 2013 smartphone.

I guess specs don't matter! I want a future proofed device.

I believe in harmonic hardware/software optimisation, but we require 2GB of RAM to do OK!

Ask yourself, given the past situations and the company's history, will any current device be able to run BB11? What would you do of whatever CEO says the BB11 requires 3GB of RAM and/or a quadcore to boot? Buy a new one, you'll say, but that's not for everyone.
    BB10 devices are awesome, today.

Come on, we are not trolls. Take the blindfold off your face.
    Excellent post & I couldn't agree more. I think everyone's priorities and preferences need to be respected.
    11-04-13 11:04 AM
    As far as I know, they didn't port BB10 onto 1GB devices because of android.
    It's like two OSes on one device.
    If android runtime is removed then BB10 can run on 1GB but they didn't want to do fragmentation.

It all depends on how much stripped the OS is.
    They say KitKat can run on 512MB devices but I doubt you'll see phones with such small memory (hey screen buffer takes more than half of that).
    QNX can run on 256MB, Windows can run on 64MB.
    11-04-13 02:13 PM
    Dose BB10 is beautiful OS ? (home screen looks outdated like iOS 5, there is nothing new except hub notification)

Nope

Dose BB10 has user experience like iOS or Android ?

Nope

Dose BB10 support 1080p display ? (compare your Z30 icon with Z10, all native icons have spreaded eadge on Z30)

Nope

Dose Z10 camera performed as iPhone or galaxy ? (every one knows that except Throsten. even Z30 has same)

Nope

Dose Z10 has scratch proof gorilla glass ? (mine Z10 get scratched before I put screen protector)

Nope

Dose Z10 has AMOLED or IPS LCD ? (my old iphone 4 screen looks batter than Z10. Z30 AMOLED don't have enough brightness, I think they buy rejected screen from Samsung)

Nope

Dose Z10 has good battery life ? (worst in all smart phone)

Nope

Dose Z10 has price like Nexus ? (nexus 4 has batter specs than Z10)

nope

Dose Z10 has resell value ? ( Sell for $200 on kijij, same value as iPhone 4)

Nope

Dose any one want Z10 ? ( that's why they have 900M right off)

Nope

Disclaimer:

Using Blackberry since 2006, currently have Z10 will be my last blackberry.
    11-05-13 01:19 PM
    Maybe hardware doesn't matter to you techy people, doubt it, but it matters to stupid Joe, sorry Joe. Stupid Joe is told that he can buy this for $500 and that for $400 but the kicker is this is more expensive than that yet this does less than that which has newer up to date hardware.

Which one is Joe going to buy? Remember, Joe is not a fanboy of fun anything.
    11-05-13 01:32 PM
    Maybe hardware doesn't matter to you techy people, doubt it, but it matters to stupid Joe, sorry Joe. Stupid Joe is told that he can buy this for $500 and that for $400 but the kicker is this is more expensive than that yet this does less than that which has newer up to date hardware.

Which one is Joe going to buy? Remember, Joe is not a fanboy of fun anything.
    Also this, a thousand times.
    11-05-13 02:35 PM
    'Stupid Joe' doesn't care about the specs because he doesn't even know what they mean. All he wants is a phone that does what he needs it to do. The 'tech savy' ones like you are the ones that dwell on specs and end up confusing poor 'stupid Joe' cause he believes you know what you are saying. If it can call, send messages, take pictures and allow you to surf the net, then it fine for the majority of the people.
    Last edited by togarika; 11-05-13 at 02:42 PM. Reason: Correcting spelling
    11-05-13 02:40 PM
    I question the wisdom of buying any device based on what it might do in the future. I am happy with what my PlayBook does, but with the Z10 and then Z30 it gets limited use. Such, methinks, is the future of tablets.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 02:49 PM
    Dose BB10 is beautiful OS ? (home screen looks outdated like iOS 5, there is nothing new except hub notification)

Nope

Dose BB10 has user experience like iOS or Android ?

Nope

Dose BB10 support 1080p display ? (compare your Z30 icon with Z10, all native icons have spreaded eadge on Z30)

Nope

Dose Z10 camera performed as iPhone or galaxy ? (every one knows that except Throsten. even Z30 has same)

Nope

Dose Z10 has scratch proof gorilla glass ? (mine Z10 get scratched before I put screen protector)

Nope

Dose Z10 has AMOLED or IPS LCD ? (my old iphone 4 screen looks batter than Z10. Z30 AMOLED don't have enough brightness, I think they buy rejected screen from Samsung)

Nope

Dose Z10 has good battery life ? (worst in all smart phone)

Nope

Dose Z10 has price like Nexus ? (nexus 4 has batter specs than Z10)

nope

Dose Z10 has resell value ? ( Sell for $200 on kijij, same value as iPhone 4)

Nope

Dose any one want Z10 ? ( that's why they have 900M right off)

Nope

Disclaimer:

Using Blackberry since 2006, currently have Z10 will be my last blackberry.
    I guess the above are your personal opinions everywhere, right?
    I don't see any references.

> Dose BB10 support 1080p display ?
    Of course it does. You connect it to big screen TV (wirelessly or wired depending on the device you're referring to) and it will show the movie in the resolution you want. References.

> Dose Z10 has scratch proof gorilla glass ? (mine Z10 get scratched before I put screen protector)
    Mine experience is the opposite - N4 scratched badly. Will take photos later today.

> Dose Z10 has good battery life ? (worst in all smart phone)
    Nice try. References.

> Dose Z10 has price like Nexus ? (nexus 4 has batter specs than Z10)
    How much does the N4 cost including all the R&D? Don't post the hardware cost here, please.

> Dose any one want Z10 ? ( that's why they have 900M right off)
    I want and use it, so yes somebody does. Judging by the news from BB they sell the devices, so it's likely not only me.
    11-05-13 03:37 PM
    I have really grown to love my z30. I had an apple before this and at first found bb10 to be quite frustrating. With a week or two of use I have found it to work well for my needs. I don't play games on my phone as I prefer a dedicated gaming machine for gaming. For me a phone is a communication device with access to Internet. Apps should be focused on helping these things for me. I find BlackBerry does great in this regard and am happy to give this Canadian company the much needed support.

Posted via my Z30
    clickitykeys likes this.
    11-05-13 05:06 PM
    The problem is being denial.

Posted via CB10
    11-05-13 07:17 PM
    Read this article guys I found it very refreshing.
    http://www.mobilitytechzone.com/topi...ng-what-we.htm

11-05-13 08:17 PM
    I stopped by Blackberry this morning and was talking with a friend there and he said that they have things in the works that no other phone will have or can have because of the software structure. He explained the difference in the size of lines of code in the different platforms and that Android is massive, apples is big and BB is tiny and they don't need to run massive power sucking specs to make the bb phones fast. It was also nice to see the passion he has even after all that has gone on.
    dreamgreed and clickitykeys like this.
    11-05-13 10:07 PM
    I don't really care... But it does feel stupid that spec wise my phone is the same as some built 2 years ago... And was bought at a premium price. First time blackberry user... and I have to say... I'm attracted to dying brands(palm,zune, blackberry). I really like having a z10, but the specs and premium feel just are not there... The only reason I got it was because the OS is so fantastic. It's unique and works well. Honestly most people just don't have a reason to go BlackBerry anymore. The app situation is a big deal breaker. I've tried to get my friends to buy a BlackBerry 10 phone... no key apps =no go. Truth is... it doesn't matter how good OS 10 is... All the OS's on the market are great... What sells a phone now is hardware, apps, and features..... of which blackberry is lacking on all fronts....

Posted via CB10
    11-06-13 01:24 AM
    I don't really care... But it does feel stupid that spec wise my phone is the same as some built 2 years ago... And was bought at a premium price. First time blackberry user... and I have to say... I'm attracted to dying brands(palm,zune, blackberry). I really like having a z10, but the specs and premium feel just are not there... The only reason I got it was because the OS is so fantastic. It's unique and works well. Honestly most people just don't have a reason to go BlackBerry anymore. The app situation is a big deal breaker. I've tried to get my friends to buy a BlackBerry 10 phone... no key apps =no go. Truth is... it doesn't matter how good OS 10 is... All the OS's on the market are great... What sells a phone now is hardware, apps, and features..... of which blackberry is lacking on all fronts....

Posted via CB10
    Lol. Here is the highest spec phone of 2 years ago. The Samsung galaxy s2 featuring a 4.3 " 480p screen, 1gb ram, a 1.2ghz processor, an adreno 220 gpu, etc etc. Wanna try that again?

Posted from my Z30
    11-06-13 01:32 AM
52 123