Reading through the forums I find it really stupid that people complain about the hardware for blackberry such as Ram, CPU, GPU etc.
    The reason?

Does our Blackberry 10 device have lag issues or something so groundbreaking that causes it unusable or just not user friendly?
    Nope

Does the Hardware limit the smooth transitions between Apps and functions of our BB10 phone?
    Nope

Do you get a worse experience with BB10 compared with Android or IOS?
    Subjective, completely depending on how long you used the device as well as what you use it for. For messaging Blackberry 10 is hands down the best platform. For apps IOS or Android are both very competitive. For customization Android is hands down the king. For intuitive IOS is just ahead of Blackberry 10 but not by far if people actually tried Blackberry 10 with an open mind. For security Blackberry is handsdown the best so far.
    As I've said it is all subjective. So if you do not agree with anything I just said so be it. However that is the common perceptions right now in the world.

So what is the problem?
    Nothing, just perspective issue for people who never used a Blackberry 10. They have the mindset of people who use computers that the better your specs the better you run games, and I do not disagree with that fact, however that fact is BASED on the same OS system Windows. As well as based on programs built for the exact same OS system Windows.

Is blackberry OS the exact same as Android or IOS?
    Nope

So why is it that people try to compare completely different OS by their hardware instead of what they do differently?

IOS has the ability to make things simple for users to understand and run smoothly.
    Android has the ability to allow anyone to customize their phone to their liking, but by customizing too much they risk losing their speed in their device.
    While Blackberry 10 Offers the users a powerhouse for messaging and multitasking between 8 apps with the speed and efficiency that only people who USED Blackberry 10 will understand.

Each platform has their own ups and downs and not a single person should be able to dismiss the advantages of those Operating systems.

So all I ask is please try to appreciate each Operating system for what they are. Instead of the prejudice perceptions of hardware defines the phone mindset.

Disclaimer:
    I use an iphone5, BB Z10, BB Q10, Samsung galaxy S3, Sony Xperia Z1 (soon next monday), BB Z30 (soon next monday).
    I'm a passionate phone geek and I like all operating systems for what they bring to the table. Currently I use BB Z10 as my main phone.
    Last edited by BergerKing; 10-19-13 at 03:13 PM. Reason: Minor context edit.
    vrud, togarika, wincyUt and 7 others like this.
    10-19-13 02:41 PM
    I wouldnt say the Z10 or Z30 are slow or lag much. The z10 just has old hardware that holds it back from certain aspects. The z30 doesnt have that issue yet and it shouldnt run into those issues IMO. It still would be nice to be using more modern chip though that would have better power saving and other features.
    kbz1960 and kthhrrsn like this.
    10-19-13 04:14 PM
    I've been using my Z30 for 4 days now and I can't slow this thing down. It's the best device to date for me and I've had a lot.

Posted via CB10
    kbz1960, Otech#CB and cdnrower like this.
    10-19-13 04:24 PM
    Z30 is awesome. Z10 is still awesome as well. All the BlackBerry 10 devices are great in their own respect.

Posted via CB10
    gfondeur and howards like this.
    10-19-13 05:21 PM
    I like to think that the OS is optimized to use the hardware resources more efficiently. The specs race is a losing battle. My Z10 performs great, and frequent OS updates keep it improving.
    SDTRMG and gfondeur like this.
    10-19-13 05:26 PM
    Peoples here are complaining because the price is too high for this specs. That's all. Btw I dont care to spend much higher than android device to get a better device. Others are. That's why they switch platform one after another. Because they can get better specs and better apps. That is all.

Posted via Non-iOS Non-Android Non-WP device
    10-19-13 05:53 PM
    All this BlackBerry 10 hardware is awesome.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 05:54 PM
    I don't care who thinks their device is "the best", I care that I think BlackBerry is the best hardware for moi.

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 05:55 PM
    I don't care who thinks their device is "the best", I care that I think BlackBerry is the best hardware for moi.

Posted via CB10
    I completely agree... for me too.
    teafordgang likes this.
    10-19-13 05:59 PM

Posted via CB10
    Then BlackBerry should not done anything? They should lower the price. Else their user will decrease by time. And them? Dead.

Posted via Non-iOS Non-Android Non-WP device
    10-19-13 06:02 PM
    Personally I pay for the user experience, not for the hardware. Why? Because hardware will always be out dated within months. You might as well never buy any hardware at this rate.
    gfondeur, howards, SDTRMG and 2 others like this.
    10-19-13 06:04 PM
    The Z30 us a very solid device. Like Z10 and PlayBook. It will last a long time and be very usable..

Posted via CB10
    10-19-13 11:19 PM
    I couldn't agree more. Although I do have to say you can see the difference in the chipset on the Z30 compared to the Z10 just in boot up time alone this thing is nice and fast.

Posted Via my Z-30
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    10-20-13 07:13 AM
    Excellent OP! I couldn't have even expressed these views any better.
    10-20-13 12:21 PM
    I wouldnt say the Z10 or Z30 are slow or lag much. The z10 just has old hardware that holds it back from certain aspects. The z30 doesnt have that issue yet and it shouldnt run into those issues IMO. It still would be nice to be using more modern chip though that would have better power saving and other features.
    Holds it back? How so?

Posted via CB10
    10-20-13 08:06 PM
    Holds it back? How so?

Posted via CB10
    the best example is not having miracast support while the other BB10 do.
    bluetroll likes this.
    10-20-13 08:48 PM
    The real issue why BB10 devices are being slammed against its mediocre hardware specs is because of its premium pricing that is certainly more than those Android devices with top hardware specs... it is somehow accepted that like iOS, BB10 has potential to compete with efficency and user experience specifically with Android, but unlike iOS, they have one advantage that even Android still trying to achieve i.e. a huge ecosystem of apps and games - and so, they have confidence to price their devices at premium not to mention its built quality...

BlackBerry, whether we like it or not, is starting all over with its BB10 OS... they should compete in criteria that they will have advantages... they should take the "pricing" as advantage...

Posted via Z10
    10-20-13 09:46 PM
    The real issue why BB10 devices are being slammed against its mediocre hardware specs is because of its premium pricing that is certainly more than those Android devices with top hardware specs... it is somehow accepted that like iOS, BB10 has potential to compete with efficency and user experience specifically with Android, but unlike iOS, they have one advantage that even Android still trying to achieve i.e. a huge ecosystem of apps and games - and so, they have confidence to price their devices at premium not to mention its built quality...

BlackBerry, whether we like it or not, is starting all over with its BB10 OS... they should compete in criteria that they will have advantages... they should take the "pricing" as advantage...

Posted via Z10
    I won't disagree with you about the pricing could use adjusting. But in all reality the amount even if apple did not have all their app selections, do you think people will simply stop buying iphones? I doubt it.

People also buy iphones because it's simplistic and has a premium feel to the quality (ignoring iphone 5c). The price iphone charges for their phones works because of their brand name + just simply how smooth their os runs on their phones.

If you were to pick between two phones one having thousands and thousands more apps (mostly repetitive) but feels sluggish due to the cluster of incompatible softwares running in the background to the point some basic phone functions even feel slow. Or a phone with the background (availability for ease to develope) for a good app market, but at the same time offers smooth user interface and more efficient gestures. Which one would you pick?

Personally I use my phone more for messaging, email and browsing and I simply don't need all those apps and I prefer the efficiency.

So now the question is. At the end of the day does it matter if your phone has quad cores or dual cores if your user experience with the phone is great? Personally I think if my phone works like how I expect it to, I couldn't care less about the hardware aspect. And the black berry 10 delivers that experience to me better than android or ios has.
    For me IOS was lacking in the keyboard aspect, and android was lacking in the simplicity as well as efficiency. But back in 2011 there really weren't many choices to pick from were there? It was either ios or android. And as a consumer I was annoyed with either decision. For me every time I upgraded my phone I felt like I was wasting my money for the exact same experience between the two phones, and I would gladly pay the same price or even higher for something different. And long behold the opportunity came when blackberry introduced bb10. It was my first blackberry and I was skeptical about it. I just upgraded from my iPhone 4 to iphone 5 not even six month ago. I dreaded my iPhone battery and keyboard but that was all they offered because as we all know iphone doesn't really offer variety. While I didn't want to go through the hassle of Android with its thousands of phones to pick for a system that wasn't efficient in my perspective. But after truly using the blackberry z10 for the first two weeks, being the technology geek I was I learned all the tricks and found myself in love with the new operating system. Everything from the hub to the keyboard was just better beyond anything I experienced from android or ios. The app side didn't bother me expect not having a banking app mint.com, but I soon found out how to side load and it only took me less than 3minutes to side load all the apps I missed.

So what am I getting at?
    My experience with blackberry 10 os far surpassing anything I tried before, and not once during using the phone have i thought about "if only this hardware was better I could do this..." and the experience I had with their phone justifies the price I personally paid for it regardless of what people say. Hardware only matters when everything is on even grounds. And android ios and bb10 are not on an even ground.
    10-20-13 10:10 PM
    I love my z10. Now that that's out of the way, I've been hearing a lot on the new software update, and I've also been hearing a lot on the new z30 handset. Has anyone heard any rumors about Blackberry updating the z10-sized phone with beefed up specs? Just wondering... I'm pretty sure this thing can keep me happy especially with 10.2 right around the corner... but was just wondering.

Brian
    11-02-13 06:31 PM
    Let's put this thing in a very simple reality... we don't need to involve other devices... Z10 and Z30 are both running BB10... which means that, user experience should be the same and their performance should be equal considering both of them runs an optimized BB10 OS... unfortunately they are not... obviously, Z30 users are more satisfied than Z10 users... and the only difference between Z10 and Z30 is that the later device has improved specs...

Now, how in a world "specs" are not relevant?

Posted via Z10
    kbz1960 and kthhrrsn like this.
    11-02-13 09:13 PM
    Let's put this thing in a very simple reality... we don't need to involve other devices... Z10 and Z30 are both running BB10... which means that, user experience should be the same and their performance should be equal considering both of them runs an optimized BB10 OS... unfortunately they are not... obviously, Z30 users are more satisfied than Z10 users... and the only difference between Z10 and Z30 is that the later device has improved specs...

Now, how in a world "specs" are not relevant?

Posted via Z10
    Both my Z10 experience and z30 experience is better than my Android or iPhone one. So tell me why the price can't be competitive

Owner of z30, z10, q10, iPhone 4 and 5, sony xperia z1
    11-02-13 11:32 PM
    Reading through the forums I find it really stupid that people complain about the hardware for blackberry such as Ram, CPU, GPU etc.
    The reason?

Does our Blackberry 10 device have lag issues or something so groundbreaking that causes it unusable or just not user friendly?
    Nope

Does the Hardware limit the smooth transitions between Apps and functions of our BB10 phone?
    Nope

Do you get a worse experience with BB10 compared with Android or IOS?
    Subjective, completely depending on how long you used the device as well as what you use it for. For messaging Blackberry 10 is hands down the best platform. For apps IOS or Android are both very competitive. For customization Android is hands down the king. For intuitive IOS is just ahead of Blackberry 10 but not by far if people actually tried Blackberry 10 with an open mind. For security Blackberry is handsdown the best so far.
    As I've said it is all subjective. So if you do not agree with anything I just said so be it. However that is the common perceptions right now in the world.

So what is the problem?
    Nothing, just perspective issue for people who never used a Blackberry 10. They have the mindset of people who use computers that the better your specs the better you run games, and I do not disagree with that fact, however that fact is BASED on the same OS system Windows. As well as based on programs built for the exact same OS system Windows.

Is blackberry OS the exact same as Android or IOS?
    Nope

So why is it that people try to compare completely different OS by their hardware instead of what they do differently?

IOS has the ability to make things simple for users to understand and run smoothly.
    Android has the ability to allow anyone to customize their phone to their liking, but by customizing too much they risk losing their speed in their device.
    While Blackberry 10 Offers the users a powerhouse for messaging and multitasking between 8 apps with the speed and efficiency that only people who USED Blackberry 10 will understand.

Each platform has their own ups and downs and not a single person should be able to dismiss the advantages of those Operating systems.

So all I ask is please try to appreciate each Operating system for what they are. Instead of the prejudice perceptions of hardware defines the phone mindset.

Disclaimer:
    I use an iphone5, BB Z10, BB Q10, Samsung galaxy S3, Sony Xperia Z1 (soon next monday), BB Z30 (soon next monday).
    I'm a passionate phone geek and I like all operating systems for what they bring to the table. Currently I use BB Z10 as my main phone.
    Wanna know why hardware is important? Because of the 2 Playbooks that I own that will never run BB10. That was the promise but hardware limits it from running. Maxing out on hardware future proofs us.
    djorourke, nycspaces. and kbz1960 like this.
    11-03-13 12:29 AM
    Wanna know why hardware is important? Because of the 2 Playbooks that I own that will never run BB10. That was the promise but hardware limits it from running. Maxing out on hardware future proofs us.
    Once again someone taking about the past when I'm talking about z10 and z30

Owner of z30, z10, q10, iPhone 4 and 5, sony xperia z1
    11-03-13 12:33 AM
    It was always a RIM failing, too little too late. It was unfortunately part of the BBRY legacy that secured their fate. If BBX had been future focused and they spent an extra $35 on parts; with a focus on bleeding edge chips, 1080 rez, stellar battery life, killer camera, and finishing the os before they shipped the device they could have saved the brand and about a billion dollars of write down.

I love my Q10 and with leaks and sideloads i am completely happy with it as my daily driver. However despite the wish to see BBRY succeed i am buying a Nexus 5 to run in parallel with my Q10 rather than a Z30. It was a difficult decision to make but Google will make Android superior to os10.2.XXX + future upgrades - not through the hardware or even the apps- but the core os and the services that it is, and will create, that can make the mobile computing promise a reality.

I may still pick up a Z30 or whatever comes after, if there is anything after, however a bigger screen and faster processor is not what will make the difference. It's the integration of information and services that BBRY will never be able to deliver which iOS and Android both seem to be focused on moving forward. It's the stuff outside of the phone that will determine the highest end-user value at the end of the day. But i really wish they would do it with a killer keyboard device.
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    11-03-13 01:09 AM
    I think when you say Z 10 or Z30 is great is when this is year 2011.

It's 2013 now.

Faster and better hardware will always help. Especially in voip, ever note. Games. Streaming, playing flash.

The camera of the zed is already ancient.

I don't think the general feeling of BlackBerry hardware here represent the majority of user out there.

Posted via CB10
    kthhrrsn likes this.
    11-03-13 07:01 AM
52 123