Hello all usually I'm pretty good on my email settings on my BlackBerry. But this morning I woke up to all my emails deleted from all 4 of my e-mail accounts even my work one. The brutal thing is it even deleted them off of the server. Where is the settings on my email account to stop this happening in the future. This has never happened to me before in the 10 years I have been using BlackBerry.

Posted Via my Z-30
    01-07-14 07:57 AM
    Hello all usually I'm pretty good on my email settings on my BlackBerry. But this morning I woke up to all my emails deleted from all 4 of my e-mail accounts even my work one. The brutal thing is it even deleted them off of the server. Where is the settings on my email account to stop this happening in the future. This has never happened to me before in the 10 years I have been using BlackBerry.

Posted Via my Z-30
    DId you long press the date and select delete all prior?
    01-07-14 09:42 AM
    No not at all. This happened over night when I plugged my Z30 in and then I woke up this morning to no emails in any of my email accounts. It's like it was set up to delete everything. Not sure where this setting is maybe it's set to delete everything after 30 days bit not sure where that setting is. Funny thing I never set this up to automatically delete.

Posted Via my Z-30
    01-07-14 10:53 AM
    Hi. I must say this is devastating. And have happened to me also on my z10. I even wrote about it. If you search you might find it. It has happened to a few people and know one really knows why. Just a flook. I lost 2 months of messages I think. Sorry about your loss
    Keith

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 12:53 PM
    New change of cell phones from BB 9900 to Z30

Old 9900 you deleted stuff from your cell , the rest of it stayed where it should be in the INBOX

New Z30 - I deleted income emails only to find out it deletes all your msg

I feel sorry that you lost your emails, my mail server copies a back up < was about to import them back

Now my stupid question of the day is there a setting , where it will only delete msgs off my cell and
    now in my INBOX ....... If the answer is NO .......... then it is time to go back to BB9900

NEW Z30 will be up for sale ..........Yes I am sorry if this question has been repeated
    01-07-14 01:10 PM
    New change of cell phones from BB 9900 to Z30

Old 9900 you deleted stuff from your cell , the rest of it stayed where it should be in the INBOX

New Z30 - I deleted income emails only to find out it deletes all your msg

I feel sorry that you lost your emails, my mail server copies a back up < was about to import them back

Now my stupid question of the day is there a setting , where it will only delete msgs off my cell and
    now in my INBOX ....... If the answer is NO .......... then it is time to go back to BB9900

NEW Z30 will be up for sale ..........Yes I am sorry if this question has been repeated
    I don't have one but I don't think there is unless maybe your email has an option. Most people that want to keep messages but not have them show in the inbox move them to another folder.
    01-07-14 01:17 PM
    I had two weeks worth deleted a few days ago, it would appear the "delete prior" doesn't leave them on the server as it did in BBOS regardless of settings. A mistake I will not be making again.

Posted via CB10
    01-07-14 01:38 PM

Posted Via my Z-30
    Depending on your email service, they may have a "recover deleted items" function. This is standard on all Exchange servers with the default retention period being 14 days.
    Hopefully you can undelete some of your email.

For what it's worth I am not aware or any setting on a BlackBerry that will randomly remove messages from a mailbox. The "delete prior" in the Hub is about the only way I think this could happen globally across multiple mailboxes.

Sorry this happened to you.

Posted via CB10 on a Z10STL100-3/10.2.1.1925
    01-07-14 04:29 PM
    Starting with 10.2.x.x there is an option to delete from the phone but leave them on the server.
    I know. I'm on 10.2.1.1925 with handheld-only set, yet they were deleted server-side anyway.
    01-07-14 06:45 PM
    Hub-->More-->Settings-->Display and Actions-->Delete On: Handheld Only | Handheld and Server.
    And Prompt, which is default.
    01-07-14 06:47 PM
    This has happened to me a few months back on my z10. Lost several months of very important emails. From several accounts. They were gone from servers as well. Woke up one morning. Checked messages all normal. A few minutes later all gone. I also lost all text messages. Only thing remaining was BBM. Spoke with BlackBerry about this was told they had never heard of this and was not possible. Said they would monitor phone. Never heard back from them.

Posted via CB10
    01-08-14 10:40 AM
    A follow up to this thread as well it seems my entire call log history was also deleted. I just noticed this yesterday when making calls. What's weird is I want to know what has caused this? Never happened before on my Z10 or other earlier BlackBerry devices? Very odd to say the least.

Posted Via my Z-30
    01-08-14 11:35 AM
    Are the emails not just in your "Trash" or "Deleted Items"? Can't see how they'd be deleted from your Inbox and completely bypass a trash folder
    01-08-14 11:58 AM
    They are not only deleted off of my device but even off of my separate email servers. So my work email as well as my 3 personal accounts. All 4 different providers. I have never seen them be deleted from servers I understand off of the device but to also remove them from the server I didn't think it was possible.

Posted Via my Z-30
    01-08-14 12:44 PM
    They are not only deleted off of my device but even off of my separate email servers. So my work email as well as my 3 personal accounts. All 4 different providers. I have never seen them be deleted from servers I understand off of the device but to also remove them from the server I didn't think it was possible.

Posted Via my Z-30
    Did you check to see of you could recover the deleted items as I mentioned above?

01-08-14 01:51 PM
    They're gone nothing on the servers. Not in the trash or deleted items folder.

Posted Via my Z-30
    01-08-14 01:57 PM

Posted Via my Z-30
    Was it set to sync? Sync means what happens on one happens on all.
    01-08-14 02:41 PM
    When it happened to me. All gone. Nothing In trash. Everything gone. And yes call logs were gone to....... why does everyone not believe this happened. it happened and I'm not the only one clearly!

Posted via CB10
    HristoChilov likes this.
    01-08-14 09:05 PM
    New Z30 - I deleted income emails only to find out it deletes all your msg Now my stupid question of the day is there a setting , where it will only delete msgs off my cell and now in my INBOX .......
    If you're using Gmail, you can use this as reference.
    01-09-14 02:10 AM
    They're gone nothing on the servers. Not in the trash or deleted items folder.

Posted Via my Z-30
    If you are on an Exchange server, there is a special function called the Recover Deleted Items which and undelete items that have been completely deleted from your mailbox. Even if that is not the case your email providers should have backups of your mailboxes they can recover.
    Check with your IT support staff for each email system ASAP.

01-09-14 07:03 AM
    When it happened to me. All gone. Nothing In trash. Everything gone. And yes call logs were gone to....... why does everyone not believe this happened. it happened and I'm not the only one clearly!

Posted via CB10
    I don't think anyone in here doesn't believe that the email got deleted.
    Myself, I have been focusing on how to get it back ASAP. I run Exchange email servers for a living and so I am trying to help share some insight on some ways the email can be quickly recovered.

kbz1960 and ediggity like this.
    01-09-14 07:06 AM
    Had this happen to me with a release a few months back. 2 months worth, removed even off the servers.
    01-09-14 07:11 AM
    Yes! I'd like for this to happen to me for my work emails.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 08:10 AM
    It will help to know the type of mail host, system, or server involved. OS? Installed apps that can process mails, such as backup or sync?

Hupp55's experience seems to suggest that the "instruction" to clean out the mails, if there ever was one, came from the phone, where all four different accounts are together at one point. Even the call log? That sounds like a security wipe. Can we assume here that you're not involved in some sort of intelligence work or service?

Do you remember doing anything else to your phone immediately - or hours - before you retire?
    01-09-14 08:17 AM
    Set email accounts as pop3 Instead of imap next time.
    I learned that after I deleted my work email account from Outlook on my pc and it deleted everything from the server! My boss was pissed cuz he had to pay our provider to restore it.

Posted via CB10
    01-09-14 10:21 AM
38 12