Not yet actually, but soon!

No, I'm not moving to another platform, God forbid. But I will be soon saying goodbye to my Z30. I won't be selling it either...

I have finally proposed to my father to trade his Z10 (STL100-1) for my beloved Z30 (STA100-5) and he has accepted.

As of today my Z30 had become a backup device to my Passport. To be honest, I was using it for watching some videos and playing Real Football 2013 on my spare time. It's been a bit sad having such an awesome device just for limited use, so after discussing it with my pops, the Z30 will now become his new main device and his current Z10 my "new" backup/testing device.

I've even managed to get a new Otterbox Commuter case for the Z30 (I've used the Transform Shell, but that won't be enough protection for the way he treats phones). I read comments on Crackberry about the problems having the charging plug not fit well, but thanks to the advices on the forums, I've filed it and it's now fine.

Another reason for proposing this to him, is that he's had the Z10 for about a year and a half and has mentioned the short battery life. I'm sure he'll be impressed with the Z30's battery life, also with USB OTG (he uses USB thumb drives quite a lot). And lastly, rather than have him get a Leap as upgrade, I think the Z30 will be a better option.

He lives abroad, so I will probably send the phone with a family member in the following couple of months. All I can say is that he sounded thankful.

So the family lineup will now be: my mother has a Classic, my dad the Z30 (and his old 9700) and myself the Passport (plus a Z10 and 9800 as backups). Talk about a happy BlackBerry family!

Sent from the powerful and masterful Passport!
    BionicKris and cbosdell like this.
    04-13-15 06:44 PM
    How is the passport?

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 06:48 PM
    Yuuuup. Nice story
    JG_Agustin and BionicKris like this.
    04-13-15 07:01 PM
    How is the passport?

Posted via CB10
    Awesome, specially if you're a BlackBerry fan that sometimes missed the pkb. I think it got much better with 10.3.1.1779 (had a few hiccups with 10.3.0). The only downfall is that some apps, specially games, are not well adapted to the square screen (Android ones can be sized, but not the native ones).

Zeratul57 and jlsr like this.
    04-13-15 07:10 PM
    Which do you find more pocket friendly the passport or the Z30 ?

Posted via CB10
    04-13-15 07:43 PM
    Which do you find more pocket friendly the passport or the Z30 ?

Posted via CB10
    Depends on what you're wearing. IMHO, the Passport fits better inside the pockets of business suits/jackets and doesn't move around as much as the Z30. While the Z30 is quite comfortable when wearing most clothes, specially if you tuck it in your pants'/jeans' pockets. However, as it is taller, the top shows when carried inside a business shirt's front pocket.

Posted via the awesome power of the Z30!
    last_attempt likes this.
    04-13-15 11:07 PM
    I'm not sure if this qualify as an upgrade, but went from the Z30 to classic. So far so good, although I am thinking about picking up a passport in the near future.

Posted via CB10
    04-14-15 03:25 PM
    That's really nice of you to trade him your Z30.

I have the Z30 as well as the Passport and like to alternate between them. I think your dad will really love the Z30 if liked his Z10.

Posted via CB10
    JG_Agustin likes this.
    04-14-15 04:39 PM
    That's really nice of you to trade him your Z30.

I have the Z30 as well as the Passport and like to alternate between them. I think your dad will really love the Z30 if liked his Z10.

Posted via CB10
    Indeed, he does. For him the Z10 was a true technological upgrade. I guess as much as when he got his 9700 (prior to it he had a Nokia phone with flashlight, black and white screen and the "snake" game, lol).

He likes technology, but didn't think of getting a smartphone until he got the Bold in 2011. Neither upgrading, until he saw my Q5 and some friends' iPhones and Androids. He finally asked me if BlackBerry had an all touch device and got the Z10. Recently however, he's mentioned a couple of times that his battery life is not "great", more so since he's comparing it to my mom's Classic.

As he's already familiar with BB10, I think he will really enjoy the Z30 and specially having some features not available on the Z10. I'm certain the Z30 will serve my father as good, or even better, than the Z10.

04-14-15 07:49 PM
    Not yet actually, but soon!

No, I'm not moving to another platform, God forbid. But I will be soon saying goodbye to my Z30. I won't be selling it either...

I have finally proposed to my father to trade his Z10 (STL100-1) for my beloved Z30 (STA100-5) and he has accepted.

As of today my Z30 had become a backup device to my Passport. To be honest, I was using it for watching some videos and playing Real Football 2013 on my spare time. It's been a bit sad having such an awesome device just for limited use, so after discussing it with my pops, the Z30 will now become his new main device and his current Z10 my "new" backup/testing device.

I've even managed to get a new Otterbox Commuter case for the Z30 (I've used the Transform Shell, but that won't be enough protection for the way he treats phones). I read comments on Crackberry about the problems having the charging plug not fit well, but thanks to the advices on the forums, I've filed it and it's now fine.

Another reason for proposing this to him, is that he's had the Z10 for about a year and a half and has mentioned the short battery life. I'm sure he'll be impressed with the Z30's battery life, also with USB OTG (he uses USB thumb drives quite a lot). And lastly, rather than have him get a Leap as upgrade, I think the Z30 will be a better option.

He lives abroad, so I will probably send the phone with a family member in the following couple of months. All I can say is that he sounded thankful.

So the family lineup will now be: my mother has a Classic, my dad the Z30 (and his old 9700) and myself the Passport (plus a Z10 and 9800 as backups). Talk about a happy BlackBerry family!

Yep...did the same but for me it's a little different. After constantly battling the yes and no sides, I finally succumbed to yes. As I do with all my phones, I either keep them as backups or pass them along to my family. Hand me downs???? LOL

On April 8, I took advantage of the $100 shopblackberry.ca offer and bought two. April 16 I believe is the last day of the sale. Just an FYI for those planning on buying two...use a separate credit card for each phone as the $100 discount is applicable to the total amount when checking out NOT...for each phone as one would assume. Doing it that way, I just saved myself $200

So, ordered one for me with the coupon code and the second using my wife's credit card (not really hers as its a supplemental card since I'm the primary holder) using the same code as well.

Both arrived pretty much in three days along with our phone matching color OEM slim hard shell cases, (mine black hers white) ordered here at crackberry. Now that we're both on a learning curve albeit an awesome one...our Z30s have been security wiped and polished using a micro fiber cloth to remove fingerprints and smudges. These guys are only 7 months old...they are packed away again at near OEM almost brand new condition. They are going to my parents and their Z10s (formerly ours as well) will be going to my wife's brother (still using plain old flip phone) and her father.

So thank you mint condition Z30s, you'll be missed but at least I'll come by to say hello every once in while when I visit my parents.
    Afterall, it looks like it'll be a sweet farewell for my Z30...-img_20150413_223832.jpg

 BlackBerry Passport on Telus Network
    Last edited by qphone; 04-15-15 at 11:07 AM.
    04-15-15 10:55 AM