I lived through the frustrations of the introduction of the Storm and PlayBook, moved on to the Storm 2, Z10, and Z30 but with BlackBerry's fading support for Link and Microsoft's updates that step on things, I can no longer sync our company CRM or Outlook calendars to my phone.

So, I was forced to move to an iPhone 7 Plus. Some things were fairly easy to do, like sync all our contacts and calendars, but there are things that iOS still can't handle. Try something simple like assigning a song to your ring tones...a couple of clicks and you are done on BBOS. On the iPhone, breakout GarageBand and then edit the audio file, then save it, then select it...needed a tutorial just to do something that simple.

While call blocking isn't that direct on BBOS, there are apps that allow you to simply say block anyone that isn't in the contact list and send them straight to voicemail...haven't found a slick way to do that with iOS or with another app. I am sure I will be frustrated on some other topics as well since what BBOS did, it did very well.

Good luck to all and this has been the most helpful forum I have ever seen.
    09-19-18 05:58 PM
    It's too bad your company doesn't support Android, otherwise you might still be a BB user.

I was worried that I would have to jump ship like you did when my company ended its BES contract at the end of 2015. I still kept my personal SIM in my BB but had to live through the nightmare that was the iPhone 6 for a month. Thankfully my company implemented Android for Work and the PRIV was my saviour.

Fast forward to today, I've consolidated my personal and work SIMs by buying dual SIM BBs. It's been great but I'm really anxious to see what BB can do with Android P on an all touch. With the Evolve X not looking to have NoAM compatible LTE bands, I'm getting an Essential Phone so that I can load up the BB suite and see if I can achieve a somewhat-BB10 like gesture experience.
    09-19-18 06:15 PM
    I lived through the frustrations of the introduction of the Storm and PlayBook, moved on to the Storm 2, Z10, and Z30 but with BlackBerry's fading support for Link and Microsoft's updates that step on things, I can no longer sync our company CRM or Outlook calendars to my phone.

So, I was forced to move to an iPhone 7 Plus. Some things were fairly easy to do, like sync all our contacts and calendars, but there are things that iOS still can't handle. Try something simple like assigning a song to your ring tones...a couple of clicks and you are done on BBOS. On the iPhone, breakout GarageBand and then edit the audio file, then save it, then select it...needed a tutorial just to do something that simple.

While call blocking isn't that direct on BBOS, there are apps that allow you to simply say block anyone that isn't in the contact list and send them straight to voicemail...haven't found a slick way to do that with iOS or with another app. I am sure I will be frustrated on some other topics as well since what BBOS did, it did very well.

Go hang out at iMore, they can help you with your iPhone an iOS needs. We'll be here if you come back.
    MB64 likes this.
    09-19-18 06:19 PM
    A common story. iOS isn't that bad, but it definitely has its annoyances like any other OS.

You don't have to leave the forums just because you're not using a BlackBerry! Stick around and revel in the nostalgia.
    Laura Knotek and MB64 like this.
    09-19-18 06:20 PM

im sorry to hear that,
    blackberry10 will be died
    and you must move to android or ios if you want to use favorit app

 BlackBerry Passport RED Edition 10.3.3.2049
    09-21-18 04:22 AM
    09-21-18 04:50 PM