Guys i was thinking on the lines of Moto X and other Android apps that allow active Display.
    Basically it lights up a notification when screen is off. Since the Screen is AMOLED it won't even consume battery.
    Is there such an app or can it be developed?
    01-06-14 02:40 PM
    What do you mean, exactly? Only a portion of the screen active?

BlackBerry 10 Help Channel
    DoctorNeutron likes this.
    01-06-14 02:46 PM

Its like whats there on a moto x.See the attached picture.Active Display App Idea-moto-actv-display.jpg
    01-07-14 03:10 AM
    I don't know with others, but the red light that keeps blinking whenever I received new message or notification, is enough for me...

But I guess, there is no harm in wishing for more...

Posted via CB10
    Q10Bold and scrapmetal58 like this.
    01-07-14 03:46 AM
    I don't know with others, but the red light that keeps blinking whenever I received new message or notification, is enough for me...

But I guess, there is no harm in wishing for more...

Posted via CB10
    Agree. Plus we have lock screen notifications as well as toasts. Should be more than enough I would think.

STL 100-1 OS 10.2.1.1925
    01-07-14 03:53 AM
    I'd suggest using hub++ or bebuzz for led customisation. Oled screen will consume more power when displaying a "you got a message" screen

Z30STA100-2/10.2.1.1925 powered cb10
    01-07-14 07:44 AM
    Ya Well but OLED only uses the lighted pixels so won't consume much battery. Its very handy as u dont need to open or unlock the devce to check notifs
    01-07-14 01:30 PM
    For reference on how it can work correctly, refer to the Nokia N9 and newer Lumia devices.

Posted from the Shield Helicarrier - via Z30
    01-07-14 01:45 PM
    Ya thats a good place and also moto x makes best use of it.. Coming from an Android mnay custom roms also have this embedded. Here's a quick video:
    01-07-14 01:51 PM
    And now since its easy to use APK files, there are few apps in the playstore that enable this feature.. Dynamic Notifications etc. Just hope there will be a n app developer who can take this up.
    01-12-14 01:05 AM

Sounds like he's late to the game and saying the Toast notifications (which is a complete waste of a feature) should work when the screen is off, a la the way iOS has been alerting users for years now...............

Just another BlackBerry fail

Posted via CB10 on 10.2.1.1898
    01-12-14 01:10 AM
    Sounds like he's late to the game and saying the Toast notifications (which is a complete waste of a feature) should work when the screen is off, a la the way iOS has been alerting users for years now...............

Lol great... insightful.

CLICK HERE To Join My Music & Poetry Channel. Please&Thanks.
    01-12-14 01:13 AM
    Lol great... insightful.

No, inciteful more like.

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.1925 O2 UK
    01-12-14 01:16 AM
    Lol great... insightful.

Less time talking on forums about features that have existed in most major mobile platforms for a considerable amount of time, and more direct contact on CB and the end user's part might actually jump start BlackBerry into the 21st century for OS11

digitalmayhem01 likes this.
    01-12-14 01:17 AM
    Less time talking on forums about features that have existed in most major mobile platforms for a considerable amount of time, and more direct contact on CB and the end user's part might actually jump start BlackBerry into the 21st century for OS11

So everyone should do something the same exact way?....

We have lock screen notifications..

Know what, I'm quite ok with lock screen notifications and my led alert if you're not, to call it a blackberry fail is really exaggeration

01-12-14 01:28 AM
    So everyone should do something the same exact way?....

We have lock screen notifications..

Know what, I'm quite ok with lock screen notifications and my led alert if you're not, to call it a blackberry fail is really exaggeration

We do not have lock screen notifications.

We have notifications which require the user to interact with the device to receive those notifications, which, in my book (just my opinion), are not notifications.

True notifications require no effort on the end user to deliver information that is important and requires attention.

Aka iOS notifications....

BlackBerry spends so much time wanting to compete with the majority shareholder of the smartphone market, yet when they try and take a page out of their playbook, they take the Windows 98 Playbook to copy....

01-12-14 01:33 AM
    We do not have lock screen notifications.

We have notifications which require the user to interact with the device to receive those notifications, which, in my book (just my opinion), are not notifications.

True notifications require no effort on the end user to deliver information that is important and requires attention.

Aka iOS notifications....

BlackBerry spends so much time wanting to compete with the majority shareholder of the smartphone market, yet when they try and take a page out of their playbook, they take the Windows 98 Playbook to copy....

Ok yeah notification wasn't the word, more like previews,

But the led notification it goes off when the screen is locked or not right?...

You rather your screen light up when a message/notification is received?

01-12-14 01:40 AM
    Ok yeah notification wasn't the word, more like previews,

But the led notification it goes off when the screen is locked or not right?...

You rather your screen light up when a message/notification is received?

I love the LED alert, going back to my 7290, don't get me wrong, but in 2014, BlackBerry should have evolved from just a blinky light. Not every email requires me immediate attention, so it would be nice (in keeping with their competitors) if we had an option to light up the lock screen (screw you battery) to show the sender, subject, and brief preview, if there's space, on whatever notification came in.

That's why with my BlackBerry device now, it stays in my pocket most of the day, and I rely on my iPad on my desk to look at incoming emails and decide if I should respond now or later.

Would be nice if I could just look at my BlackBerry for that.

Just saying...

01-12-14 01:43 AM
    I love the LED alert, going back to my 7290, don't get me wrong, but in 2014, BlackBerry should have evolved from just a blinky light. Not every email requires me immediate attention, so it would be nice (in keeping with their competitors) if we had an option to light up the lock screen (screw you battery) to show the sender, subject, and brief preview, if there's space, on whatever notification came in.

That's why with my BlackBerry device now, it stays in my pocket most of the day, and I rely on my iPad on my desk to look at incoming emails and decide if I should respond now or later.

Would be nice if I could just look at my BlackBerry for that.

Just saying...

Ah ok, well I'm just cool with just cool with seeing the light, then I press the power button, and lock screen previews show me how sender and subject

01-12-14 01:50 AM
    Ah ok, well I'm just cool with just cool with seeing the light, then I press the power button, and lock screen previews show me how sender and subject

For me, that's extra steps. Sorry, guess it's preference. Notifications should alert you without interaction.

If Clewely would actually look at how iOS works, along with his dev team, we'd probably be in a much different boat....

01-12-14 01:54 AM
    [QUOTE=Wayne_Enterprises;9839593]Sounds like he's late to the game and saying the Toast notifications (which is a complete waste of a feature) should work when the screen is off, a la the way iOS has been alerting users for years now...............

You are an *****.
    01-12-14 12:29 PM
    [QUOTE=Erik Lehman;9841388]

You are an *****.
    Amen

Z10STL100-2/10.2.1.1925 O2 UK
    01-12-14 01:46 PM
    [QUOTE=Erik Lehman;9841388]

You are an *****.
    Because I'm right? Get over yourself.

01-12-14 01:50 PM
    [QUOTE=Wayne_Enterprises;9841798]

Because I'm right? Get over yourself.

While I don't agree with calling u names.

No your not "right" , it's an opinion, u can't be "right"

01-12-14 01:56 PM
    Yeah. Even though I loved the way notifications displayed on my N9, I wouldn't say that BB10 is that far behind.

I love the double tap to enter into a notification. It would be nice if it was a swipe, or some sort of animation, but screw it, that's being fancy for no reason and that's never been BlackBerry's bag.

If you like iOS so much, use it.

This is the way BlackBerry is doing things, and so far I think they're doing a great job.

Posted from the Shield Helicarrier - via Z30
    m1kr0 likes this.
    01-12-14 10:29 PM
63 123