The bezle needs to be razor thin. It's way to thick on the Z10. If they don't get this right, it will flop. Maybe that sounds crazy, but that is the only thing holding the z10 back from looking on par with the rest of the high end phones.
    jedibeeftrix likes this.
    07-10-13 12:07 PM
    No. Its success depends on pricing.
    07-10-13 12:17 PM
    No. Its success depends on pricing.
    Nope, it depends on the the specs and look. Needs to be on par with all other flagship phones. BBRY needs to start leading the charge, not bring up the rear if they want to regain market share.
    croman likes this.
    07-10-13 12:20 PM
    Nope, it depends on the the specs and look. Needs to be on par with all other flagship phones. BBRY needs to start leading the charge, not bring up the rear if they want to regain market share.
    Haha, yeah, right. I don't think many people would buy a good looking high end BB device for $1000, but they might buy a mid-high range A10 for $600.
    07-10-13 12:23 PM
    The bezle needs to be razor thin. It's way to thick on the Z10. If they don't get this right, it will flop. Maybe that sounds crazy, but that is the only thing holding the z10 back from looking on par with the rest of the high end phones.
    Opinion or fact? You mean it doesn't depend at all on apps? Or hardware? Or OS quality?
    07-10-13 12:27 PM
    Bezel could be smaller on top and bottom, but I'm not sure on the sides - I'm sure they'll do usability testing on the design if that would work. If they could shrink them, it'd be good to help keep a smaller overall size with the larger screen (like what the S4 accomplishes).

Success depends on it having 10.2 at release, a few more big name apps that would really utilize that larger screen, an attractive design, and specs that would compete (or exceed) competitors.
    07-10-13 12:35 PM
    Opinion or fact? You mean it doesn't depend at all on apps? Or hardware? Or OS quality?
    Fact. That is the first thing people will notice when the phone turns on. You tell me, would you buy the A10 if it had the same bezel as the Z10 if it costs the same or more as the other high-end phones. Specs will also matter. Apps are coming and the OS is good and getting better with each update. Apps will matter, but most people that will look into the A10 are already familiar with the app situation. Design and specs HAVE to be on par or better than the current top end phones when it arrives. Having a thick bezel tells me right away that they are cutting corners and up to par.
    07-10-13 01:00 PM
    You know an iphone 5 actually has no better specs than a q5. I don't think it necessarily matters, except that their doesn't seem to be enough to differentiate this from a z10

Posted via CB10
    07-12-13 02:49 AM
    If you want to see how many A10s will be sold, compare the S3 sales numbers to the Note 2. Then divide the number of Z10 sales by that percentage. Not a lot is the answer, I'm afraid.
    07-12-13 03:25 AM
    Sadly success depends on apps. No one cares about anything but apps nowadays.
    07-12-13 05:34 AM
    Fact. That is the first thing people will notice when the phone turns on. You tell me, would you buy the A10 if it had the same bezel as the Z10 if it costs the same or more as the other high-end phones. Specs will also matter. Apps are coming and the OS is good and getting better with each update. Apps will matter, but most people that will look into the A10 are already familiar with the app situation. Design and specs HAVE to be on par or better than the current top end phones when it arrives. Having a thick bezel tells me right away that they are cutting corners and up to par.
    Well, just look at page 1 on the CrackBerry home page. The A10 is there. It does not have thin side bezels. They look to be the same width as the Z10 but appear somewhat thinner due to the increased size of the device.

So we are going to get a Galaxy Note sized package with a Galaxy S 4 sized screen.

It's definitely going to be larger and thicker then most anything it will be competing with.
    07-12-13 05:57 AM
    You know an iphone 5 actually has no better specs than a q5. I don't think it necessarily matters, except that their doesn't seem to be enough to differentiate this from a z10

Posted via CB10
    Yes iPhone 5 has a dual core. But their dual core outperforms S3's quad core. Also their GPU is top of the line. So within the specs race, iPhone is still up there on top.
    07-13-13 02:51 AM
    This is the problem with facts... everyone seems to think their opinion is one.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 06:40 AM
    The success will depend on the price, the marketing and if the phone may have an incredibly new USP.

But mostly price and marketing.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 06:56 AM
    It's really not any worse then the competitors it's just that on those the bezel actually has buttons that do something while on the z10 it's emtpy which makes it look worse.

This is part of the reason why they shouldn't have abandoned the trackpad as it would fill up the dead space and could be used as a home button for those that can't grasp gestures.
    07-13-13 07:56 PM
    A10 will not sell more than Z10 if it is a z10 with a bigger screen and bigger battery.

It needs to have much better specs, much better marketing and competitive pricing.

With that, people will buy it, apps will come, more people will buy it, more apps will come....
    07-13-13 08:17 PM
    It needs to be like samsung galaxy active

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 08:17 PM
    Oh FFS, here we go with the bloody bezel debate.

Posted via CB10
    Bugmapper likes this.
    07-13-13 09:01 PM
    The success will depend on the price, the marketing and if the phone may have an incredibly new USP.

But mostly price and marketing.

Posted via CB10
    Do since BlackBerry always over prices their hardware and never markets it........ not looking good.

Posted via CB10
    07-13-13 09:18 PM
    Do since BlackBerry always over prices their hardware and never markets it........ not looking good.

Posted via CB10
    I never said that it is looking good for that device.

But I still hope that BlackBerry grasps the fact, that if they save manufacturing costs through using cheaper hardware, then they have to pass some of these savings to the consumer.

With 10.2 the OS will nearly have achieved feature parity, compared to the other OS' and headless apps will also be there.

It would actually make sense, to market the hell out of BB10, with good prices, when the A10 and 10.2 will launch.

I can still hope

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by MarsupilamiX; 07-13-13 at 09:54 PM.
    07-13-13 09:39 PM
    no bezels means no gesture and no decent cases
    07-13-13 09:47 PM
    I never said that it is looking good for that device.

But I still hope that BlackBerry grasps the fact, that if they save manufacturing costs through using cheaper hardware, then they have to pass some of these savings to the consumer.

With 10.2 the OS will nearly have achieved feature parity, compared to the other OS' and headless apps will also be there.

It would actually make sense, to market the hell out of BB10, with good prices, when the A10 and 10.2 will launch.

I can still hope

Posted via CB10
    That is the problem though. They have never grasped this concept of pricing based on the competition. The Z10 launched with Flagship price even though we all know the parts were close to 9 months old. Q10 is even more right now with a smaller screen. 9900 launched at a high price with single core processor when everyone else was moving to dual core. My guess is this will launch at Note3 pricing and will sell accordingly with only the fan boys buying. Every time I go into a T-Mobile store I see a Note2 selling.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 09:18 AM
    BlackBerry hardware design Engineers suck!

They suck on designing the look of the phone hardware.
    If you guys see the motorola x, you're going to dream: "i wish my z10 looks like this but running bb10"

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 09:25 AM

Posted via CB10
    Apple has a LARGE cult like fan base, a huge ecosystem, multiple products, brand recognition and every app basically. They can re release the ip5 and people will still buy 30 million. BlackBerry can't do that or release specs that aren't top notch. They'res don't have to be as good as the android flagships, but if they can afford to they better.

Posted via CB10
    07-14-13 11:07 AM
    BlackBerry hardware design Engineers suck!

They suck on designing the look of the phone hardware.
    If you guys see the motorola x, you're going to dream: "i wish my z10 looks like this but running bb10"

Posted via CB10
    The industrial design isn't too bad. But the electronic design has always sucked. They should partner with HTC or Huawei on that front.
    07-14-13 11:34 AM
29 12