Less than 300ppi combined with a possible non RGB layout OLED equals blurry screen. If it was LCD it wouldn't look so bad since there are 3 sub pixels per pixel compared to just 2.
    Which is one of the major reasons I won't buy this device.

The HTC One showed, how good a 5 inch screen can be, and that it is even better than what Samsung has to offer with the S4.

Actually, BlackBerry just had to make the Z10 bigger and give it a little bit of metal with better specs, and we would have a main competitor to the HTC One.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 08:45 AM
    If BB offer an irreplaceable battery for A10, I hope its battery charger is better than the current one because i'm not going to wait for 10+ hours to have my battery fully charged. I also hope that I'll be able to charge A10 battery with my current BB international premium charger because there is no point of buying another charger for this A10.

I have a lot of questions about A10. If BB want to compete with the best phones in the current market, they need to have more than BB OS 10.2. We'll have a complete specification of this phone in next months before deciding to buy it.

I won't buy A10 if the existing Z10's issues or problems will be in A10 and BB only upgrade its processor. We only have 5 months left before we officially see A10. I'm not sure if BB can make A10 the best phone out there.
    Last edited by letmein13; 06-24-13 at 10:00 AM.
    06-24-13 09:39 AM
    Firstly, let me say sorry for my ramble on document and rant. IMO, if a company is going to get into the "high end" handsets, it's best not to dabble. Either jump in head first, or get out of the way for some thing/one else. It just doesn't make sense to supply a (just as an example) 15 mp rfc / 8 mp ffc, and cheap out on a flash/light source/ or screen resolution, or build the biggest & baddest phone since the beginning of time and shove in a 650 mah battery, or what ever. You can all see where I'm going with this. This "deep end of the pool" isn't about half way, it's about all or none. Samsung doesn't sell phones because they have the best OS, Samsung sell phones because they have a decent spec sheet for each new progressive phone model.

I think it is safe to say, that if BB TRULY made a top tier phone, it would be a "Field of Dreams" moment (if you build it, they will come). Just looking at the sales and sizes of phones in the past 2 years, looks like consumers equate bigger to better. Obviously not the case, but there has been a steady climb to the top for specs, that much is undeniable. As another member here ( sorry, not going to quote) said 2 years ago 720p was the stand out resolution for a phone. Well today 720p won't even get you on the podium as second nor third on race day. Yeah, quad core, but that's been done already too. I'm not trying to say BB has to build a penta-hexa-quad core phone to beat all others, but make the quad core experience better - 4 GB internal RAM, Stuff the biggest battery humanly possible into the case, not one that is big for BB standards, if it is big enough, there won't be any quims about removable battery, there won't need to be, it will last ALL DAY LONG. Make the screen size & resolution that of a top shelf device. I hate to say it, but specs sell phones, then word of mouth.

CB may be bit of a fanboy site, but look at how many were excited when the specs were upgraded from the rumored old sheet to the rumored new sheet = A LOT! Now imagine that across the board when BB announced that they have the A10 - GC (Game Changer) lol... Release a spec sheet to go with said phone, and wow a lot of fan boys from all OS's. Even in carrier stores, there would be a better attitude, as they would be pushing BB's with top tier specs and IMO, the best OS.

Unfortunately, BB is trying to build phones based on Devs. willingness to code for the new OS, and keep screen res. as unfragmented as possible. This again (as someone else already stated in this thread [+1]) is something BB had promised to do, but I don't see how they are going to, if BB truly wants to get in the deep end of the pool. This is a catch 22, no doubt about it. Devs. want an easy system to code for, end users want the best they can get (inside personal variables ...$.. etc...). BB has to sell phones. Better specs sells phones, which in turn sells to Devs, which in return, sells phones, as native apps are part of the ecosystem.

All this banter about phablet/top tier/flagship device on fan sites (CB in particular) should be a huge indicator for BB, as has been the market... as Samsung who is now #1 seller for smartphones has gone bigger and bigger and better & better with each year/model passing. Consumers (in existing markets) want specs that are top shelf THIS YEAR, not last year nor last phone. I;m not saying i think that BB should abandon everything and just make this insane phone, no that's not what I'm trying to say here. Every manufacturer has a thoroughbred, and to get into the race BB should have a Huge, Powerful, Brilliant, Beautiful & Lightning fast STALLION, not a mutation or half breed cross between a Shetland Pony and a work horse.

BB...Get your spec sheet on and roll with it!!! LOUD & PROUD!

...just my 2 cents worth, you don't have to like it, hell, you don't even have to read it...idc
    06-24-13 10:56 AM
    Normal visual acuity is commonly referred to as 20/20 vision. 20/20 is 1 degree. And it is 229, not 300.

1080p on a smartphone screen�can it possibly matter? | Ars Technica
    When I said arc second, I meant arc minute. You say it's 229, not 300, but the very article you quote states it's 229 at 15" and 326 at about 10.5", which is the metric Jobs used. Also, normal visual acuity of 20/20 is termed 'normal', not 'perfect' for a reason: it is considered the lower limit of what the average person should see. This includes low light conditions, as acuity drops in such a case. In ideal conditions of a healthy(no corrective measures required) eye, a true 'normal' visual acuity is closer to 20/12. While many people obviously do not have healthy eyes, that's what glasses are for. So a true retina display for a cell phone would thus be 2k resolution.
    06-24-13 11:56 AM
    Wow, there has been so many threads and discussions about the screen that the "A10" will, won't, should, shouldn't, better have, better not have, 720, 1080.....did I miss any of them??? I know this is a big deal or issue for some members here and I understand that for some it will be a deal breaker if its not what they want. I personally don't see why the screen if it's 720p would be the deal breaker. I think 720 is still a great screen. I think the build quality of the device is very important along it the battery size, and the OS (10.2/10.3?) needs to running great and have great features. So far I am very happy with my Z10 in every way. I think BlackBerry is doing a good job with bb10 devices so let's all wait until the device is announced/launched instead of arguing back and forth in so many threads. Not saying everyone is arguing but there are a lot of negative comments towards each other rather then the devices in some threads and posts.

Kick'n it with my Z10. #BB10believe
    06-24-13 05:12 PM
    I don't know about you but I want BB to get the best hardware for A10.

A10 doesn't stand for ARISTO. A should stand for ars kicking in term of the best waterproof, dust proof, performance, battery, memory, HD screen, processor, hard drive, app support, network support, and camera. A10 should be the ultimate smart phone for entertainment , personal, and business if BB want to defeat Apple, Samsung, Sony, and HTC.

I know it's a tall order but i'm not sure if BB can deliver it. We'll wait and see what A10 has.
    06-26-13 07:02 AM
    Which is one of the major reasons I won't buy this device.

The HTC One showed, how good a 5 inch screen can be, and that it is even better than what Samsung has to offer with the S4.

Actually, BlackBerry just had to make the Z10 bigger and give it a little bit of metal with better specs, and we would have a main competitor to the HTC One.

Posted via CB10
    HTC One is 4.7". I think we're getting a little carried away with this 5" talk here. 4.65" is a perfect screen size. I don't see anyone here complaining that the HTC One is a small phone.

I fully agree with you on a slightly improved Z10. I think they're reaching a bit too quickly. I hope 5" never happens!
    06-27-13 07:35 PM
    HTC One is 4.7". I think we're getting a little carried away with this 5" talk here. 4.65" is a perfect screen size. I don't see anyone here complaining that the HTC One is a small phone.

I fully agree with you on a slightly improved Z10. I think they're reaching a bit too quickly. I hope 5" never happens!
    Sorry, you are correct, too much 5 inch talk lately .

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 07:52 PM
    Those specs are incorrect. The A10 will be an improvement over the Z10, but not to the extent of these rumored leaks - believing these leaked specs will only lead to disappointment.
    06-28-13 12:52 AM
84 ... 234