Well aside from the SPECS if this seems abit better then the Z10 AND has a monster battery this could be a great phone. Personally I love my old current phone but the biggest issue is my battery life is crap. Ive replaced the battery once and it drains quickly. If Blackberry makes a solid phone and the battery lasts a long time, with just abit smaller specs then thats fine. I promise you the Galaxy 4 after a year will have super poor battery life. Might last you a short time!
    06-15-13 05:04 AM
    Bigger battery then the Galaxy 2600 vs 2800 and with lesser specs this phone might last a long time. Something has to be said about quality and hopefully they build a nice looking phone. But im interested in seeing how well the battery does because alot of people dont realize it but if you can do everything alot longer on your phone maybe the specs arent the very most important thing
    06-15-13 05:16 AM
    To me, there is no debate, 1080p or 720p on a 5" screen or smaller doesn't change anything. The debate is more whether it will hurt sales or not to not have a 1080p display on A10 or whatever it's called. From my perspective, it seems like it would. I know a lot of people that will automatically dismiss the A10 if it has 720p screen but they will *consider* it if it has a 1080p display, might sound silly to some people but it's true.
    06-15-13 05:49 AM
    Seems like a great phone to me!

Posted via CB10
    06-16-13 12:26 PM
    So games look terrible in 720p? Don't think so. Also you are going to use more battery life by increasing to a resolution that isn't noticeable.
    I wasn't talking about the screen at all in my post.

I was refuting your premise of how specs are pointless.
    06-16-13 06:17 PM
    have said it before.

It is poitnless releasing a new touchscreen phone that is "better" than the Z10 if it is not quad core and it is not 1080p. BBRY needs to get their heads out of their asses if they think anything less can be sold for $200 w/ contract. People will see the GS4 and think Blackberry is crazy trying to sell such a phone at the same price.
    Why 1080p? You won't see any difference in the screen.
    06-17-13 07:38 AM
    Why 1080p? You won't see any difference in the screen.
    You know why:

To be competitif.
    And because 1080p will be a standard soon anyway.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 01:56 PM
    You know why:

To be competitif.
    And because 1080p will be a standard soon anyway.

Posted via CB10
    A standard that does nothing for viewing and just consumes power. Sounds smart to me. Only someone in marketing could come up with such stupid ideas. Sell them snake oil. I rather have them competitive in battery life and apps. Something that really matters. 1080p doesn't have any benefits other than bragging rights.
    peter9477 likes this.
    06-17-13 02:00 PM
    A standard that does nothing for viewing and just consumes power. Sounds smart to me. Only someone in marketing could come up with such stupid ideas. Sell them snake oil. I rather have them competitive in battery life and apps. Something that really matters. 1080p doesn't have any benefits other than bragging rights.
    Which isn't entirely correct.

It has benefits, and the new Samsung Galaxy S4 has better battery life than the S3 even though it uses a 1080p panel.

A 1080p display using a pentile matrix, nearly eliminates the perceived weaknesses of the pentile technology.

The Sceeen in the Samsung S4 is also vastly better than the 720p panel in the S3.

Such a panel has its strong points for native 1080p video playback and is measurely better for written text.

Not to forget that the picture quality has been improved by a far margin over previous AMOLED displays.

http://www.arstechnica.com/gadgets/2...ting-it-right/

http://www.arstechnica.com/gadgets/2...ssibly-matter/

http://www.displaymate.com/Galaxy_S4_ShootOut_1.htm

http://www.androidcentral.com/quick-...us-competition

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 02:15 PM
    Which isn't entirely correct.

It has benefits, and the new Samsung Galaxy S4 has better battery life than the S3 even though it uses a 1080p panel.

Posted via CB10
    Duhhh. Don't you think that would be because it has a BIGGER battery? 2600mAh vs 2300mAh? Oh no.. It couldn't be that, it has to be because it has a 1080p screen. That is why the battery life is better...

Oh.. Wait.. The link you posted actually measures the power used by the screen?

Galaxy S4 Display Technology Shoot-Out

The SIII uses 1.3 watts and the SIV uses 1.5 watts. In case you missed it, 1.5 is HIGHER than 1.3. So the screen has nothing to do with battery consumption and in fact uses more power than the SIII. So only a snake oil marketer would try to sell your premise.

You are grasping at straws now. I think you have lost all your credibility now. So you can continue to sell snake oil, but I am not buying any from you.
    06-17-13 02:31 PM
    Duhhh. Don't you think that would be because it has a BIGGER battery? 2600mAh vs 2300mAh? Oh no.. It couldn't be that, it has to be because it has a 1080p screen. That is why the battery life is better...

The SIII uses 1.3 watts and the SIV uses 1.5 watts. In case you missed it, 1.5 is HIGHER than 1.3. So the screen has nothing to do with battery consumption and in fact uses more power than the SIII. So only a snake oil marketer would try to sell your premise.

You are grasping at straws now. I think you have lost all your credibility now. So you can continue to sell snake oil, but I am not buying any from you.
    We went through this in the other thread already.

The end user doesn't care how the device gets better battery life.
    The end result when you switch from the S3 to the S4 is, that you get better battery life.
    And the S3 already outperformed the Z10...

I never said that a 1080p display uses less power, I said that the devices that have them deployed are better than their predecessors using a 720p panel concerning battery life.

The end user can buy a S4 for 600 Euro or a hypothetical BlackBerry A10 for 600 Euro.
    But he gets the specs of the A10x2 if he buys the new Samsung for the same money.

This is a disaster if you want to make one of the biggest comeback stories of this century.

If someone is grasping for straws here, it's you...

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 02:40 PM
    We went through this in the other thread already.

The end user doesn't care how the device gets better battery life.
    The end result when you switch from the S3 to the S4 is, that you get better battery life.
    And the S3 already outperformed the Z10...

I never said that a 1080p display uses less power, I said that the devices that have them deployed are better than their predecessors using a 720p panel concerning battery life.

The end user can buy a S4 for 600 Euro or a hypothetical BlackBerry A10 for 600 Euro.
    But he gets the specs of the A10x2 if he buys the new Samsung for the same money.

This is a disaster if you want to make one of the biggest comeback stories of this century.

If someone is grasping for straws here, it's you...

Posted via CB10
    Still trying to sell snake oil. Good for you. Customers will never think that I got battery life because of a bigger battery, they are going to say it is because of a large screen. No wonder you are into marketing. I don't think you can take off your marketing hat to actually tell the truth. If you really wanted BBRY to succeed, then you should start marketing the truth that a 1080p will get you nothing that you can see with your eyes. But as with most marketers, you need to try and pull the wool over the customers eyes. Maybe that is why you are pushing 1080p so customers can see though all that wool.

I am done with snake oil.
    06-17-13 03:01 PM
    Still trying to sell snake oil. Good for you. Customers will never think that I got battery life because of a bigger battery, they are going to say it is because of a large screen. No wonder you are into marketing. I don't think you can take off your marketing hat to actually tell the truth. If you really wanted BBRY to succeed, then you should start marketing the truth that a 1080p will get you nothing that you can see with your eyes. But as with most marketers, you need to try and pull the wool over the customers eyes. Maybe that is why you are pushing 1080p so customers can see though all that wool.

I am done with snake oil.
    Good luck with marketing subpar specs to the consumer...

That is the real challenge.

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 03:21 PM
    I'm not gonna get it if it's not Octa core and. Have spec like the phones of next year then I'd get. I'm have a Z-10 now but the next phone I get got be be able to keep me on it without being behind for at least a couple of years

Posted via CB10
    06-17-13 04:03 PM

Wait so for 2600 mAh battery, having a 1080p screen (with a better processor/camera etc) will still last you LONGER than the the S3 which has a 2300 mAh battery? So for 300 mAh more, you've basically balanced out the power issue.

I would GLADLY trade that for a 1080p screen.

Do you even know how to argue? It seems like you take what you want out of the other persons argument.

You show a complete lack of comprehension.
    06-17-13 08:10 PM
    Wait so for 2600 mAh battery, having a 1080p screen (with a better processor/camera etc) will still last you LONGER than the the S3 which has a 2300 mAh battery? So for 300 mAh more, you've basically balanced out the power issue.

Do you even know how to argue? It seems like you take what you want out of the other persons argument.

And you sir have a total lack of facts. What is the 1080p screen going to give you when you won't be able to see the difference that and a 720p screen. If the S4 had a 720p screen, the battery life would be longer and you wouldn't see the difference.
    06-17-13 09:01 PM
    Have you looked at BlackBerry market share lately??

I would say yes. Many do. Better specs does mean better speed.

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    Lol your ignorance is astounding.
    06-17-13 09:11 PM
    Seems like a great phone to me!

Posted via CB10
    It won't be great until I see a 32GB phone with better camera from BB. I won't mind paying 700 dollars for A10 if BB has these features. I won't buy A10 if it still has 16GB.

I hope that we see complete A10 specs in the next few days.
    06-17-13 11:31 PM

Apparently a 1080p panel isn't even that costly...

http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/18/tcl-idol-x-s950/

280$ for a phone with quad core and 1080p display...

I seriously do wonder how BlackBerry wants to justify a premium price tag on the A10...

Amazing battery life is something the Droid Razr Maxx HD had, because it used a 3.3k mah battery on subpar specs.

Today we know that it was a big success.
    Btw, that was sarcasm.

What I can say without sarcasm, is that Nokia will be the king of camera phones again.
    Everything else out there that is not a pureview phone, will be a fisher price camera, compared to the new EOS flagship.

So they have a USP to justify their handset price, even if it doesn't come with a 1080p display.

Posted via CB10

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 04:16 PM
    Apparently a 1080p panel isn't even that costly...

TCL launches 5-inch 1080p Idol X (S950) smartphone with 6.99mm thickness, ultra-thin bezel

280$ for a phone with quad core and 1080p display...

Posted via CB10
    SO where is the parts breakdown so we know the price of the 1080p panel since you say it isn't costly. And it doesn't change the fact, that users can't see the difference between a 720p and 1080p. I bet the 720p panel would be even cheaper and use less power.
    06-18-13 04:57 PM
    SO where is the parts breakdown so we know the price of the 1080p panel since you say it isn't costly. And it doesn't change the fact, that users can't see the difference between a 720p and 1080p. I bet the 720p panel would be even cheaper and use less power.
    Aren't you supposed to be busy developing apps?

Posted via CB10
    06-18-13 05:36 PM
    And none of that changes the fact that an elevated price point for the A10 will not be justified.

Posted via CB10
    h20work likes this.
    06-18-13 06:03 PM
    And you sir have a total lack of facts. What is the 1080p screen going to give you when you won't be able to see the difference that and a 720p screen. If the S4 had a 720p screen, the battery life would be longer and you wouldn't see the difference.
    Oh lets see, competition and NOT being left with last years hardware.

And like you said, having 20/20 vision or when holding it closer than 10 inches you can see a difference.

How about we take into consideration all use cases?

Also reading is easier on 1080p since you can fit more onto it. Better UX.

Hey, maybe we'll also be able to have split screen apps due to the higher resolution.

If you spent more time developing rather than arguing on here. You'd probably have enough time to develop for 1080p.
    06-18-13 09:36 PM
    Oh lets see, competition and NOT being left with last years hardware.

And like you said, having 20/20 vision or when holding it closer than 10 inches you can see a difference.

How about we take into consideration all use cases?

Also reading is easier on 1080p since you can fit more onto it. Better UX.

Hey, maybe we'll also be able to have split screen apps due to the higher resolution.

If you spent more time developing rather than arguing on here. You'd probably have enough time to develop for 1080p.
    You would have to hold it less than 7 inches from your eye. Try it..

Reading is not easier as all you get is smaller text. Keeping the same size text and putting it at reading distance 14", you won't see any difference.

Split screens have the same problem and since the "touch" size has to be the same, you don't get any benefits.
    06-18-13 09:51 PM
    I have Z10.

Compared the specs with A10, I'm not really impressed by it.

Non removable battery also is a no for me.

With 4.65 inch (rumored size) screen I would love to have 1080p even it show no different for my eyes, because I want an upgrade from my Z10.

The camera is still the same... Hoping for less grainy image cause I'm not a good cameramen.

Size of the Memory will be nicer if bigger though, since you cannot install apps on MicroSD (I haven't found it yet) so it might limit usage and simply have larger memory will not hurt costumer, right?

2800 mAh is nice, I would love to have the biggest battery as possible and removable please.

If the upgrade between Z10 to A10 is so small, for me personally I still love the Z10.

And last but also important, please do not make the device looks like Samsung SIII / IV, If I want a Samsung, I will buy one, I want a BlackBerry not a BlackSung or SamBerry....
    06-20-13 04:54 AM
84 1234