http://www.berryreview.com/2013/06/0...g-in-november/

Sent from my BlackBerry 9780 using Tapatalk
    06-07-13 10:33 AM
    I've also seen those rumoured specs elsewhere too! If those are legit, you can definitely count me in!

THANKS FOR THE SHARE BTW!
    06-07-13 10:49 AM
    Hopefully a better camera this time around.
    06-10-13 11:10 AM
    Check out C0001DB0D for Renderings of the upcoming BlackBerry A10, exclusively on DylanHabkirk Designs BBM Channel

Posted via CB10
    06-12-13 07:43 PM
    I've also seen those rumoured specs elsewhere too! If those are legit, you can definitely count me in!

THANKS FOR THE SHARE BTW!
    That would mean adding another resolution to the mix which BB has already stated they pretty much have no desire to do. 1280x720 is where they're at along with 720x720.
    06-12-13 07:45 PM
    I would like to see 4GB of RAM but those specs are pretty good.
    06-12-13 07:51 PM
    When I see A10, I still think of this:
    A10 Specs?-10-19990422-f-7910d-517.jpg
    06-12-13 08:09 PM
    That would mean adding another resolution to the mix which BB has already stated they pretty much have no desire to do. 1280x720 is where they're at along with 720x720.
    1080p is a standard resolution though. Other platforms already have it. Porting apps wouldn't hard for them. And eventually, sooner or later developers will have to develop for 1080p.

So I don't see why procrastinate to bring FHD to market.
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    06-12-13 08:13 PM
    it would be another resolution, but I think its plausible since it's exactly the same ratio than 1280x720 (1.5x)... so apps can easily be adapted
    06-12-13 08:16 PM
    Well they had better hurry up and change their desire unless of course they don't want to sell very many and are transitioning the company away from consumer hardware altogether.

If BlackBerry releases a phone in November 2013 that doesn't beat the specs of an LG from November 2012, then they are in serious trouble in the hardware business as a premium brand.

They have no unique hardware specialty outside of the keyboard like Nokia has with it's camera tech or Samsung has with it's screen tech for example. Plus, BlackBerry has a hard earned and well deserved reputation - thanks to Thorsten Heins who has been in charge of hardware for the last 4 years - that BlackBerry is behind the industry. The A-series is a chance to prove they can put out a phone that offers competitive hardware.

Chinese brands are putting 720P 5' phones out as I type this for less then the Q5 will retail for.

Regardless of what BlackBerry thinks about it's experience, they will be unsuccessful with a 5' full touch phone that is not on par with it's competitors such as Samsung, Apple, Motorola, Sony, LG, HTC etc.

Sub par screen and sub par camera will not sell even with the BlackBerry 10 experience because the BlackBerry 10 experience isn't so far ahead of the competition that it alone will draw consumers on a non-qwerty phone.
    mithrazor, MisterMe11 and Geeoff like this.
    06-12-13 09:24 PM
    it would be another resolution, but I think its plausible since it's exactly the same ratio than 1280x720 (1.5x)... so apps can easily be adapted
    Wrong. It's not the ratio that programmers develop for, it is the resolution. I have apps that I would have to change as they expect the 1280 x 720 or 720 x 720. If another one comes out so soon, I would have to develop for three (actually 4 with the Z10). That would make me think again about developing.
    06-12-13 10:07 PM
    When I see A10, I still think of this:
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	a-10-19990422-f-7910d-517.jpg 
Views:	3097 
Size:	57.7 KB 
ID:	171464
    I was thinking the same thing

Posted via CB10
    jegs2 likes this.
    06-13-13 12:45 AM
    I'm more inclined to believe this picture... it came out last year, right along with similar slides detailing the specs of the L and S series (which turned out to be right)

A10 Specs?-r081-aristo.png
    DYLANHABKIRK likes this.
    06-13-13 10:07 AM
    I'm more inclined to believe this picture... it came out last year, right along with similar slides detailing the specs of the L and S series (which turned out to be right)

Name:	R081-Aristo.png 
Views:	4216 
Size:	248.3 KB 
ID:	171652
    Looks about right

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 10:33 AM

Name:	R081-Aristo.png 
Views:	4216 
Size:	248.3 KB 
ID:	171652

Sad thing is that's not even much of an upgrade from the Z10. Aside from the upgrade in processor, it has a worse display than Z10. Less ppi than Z10. And I don't know about having an OLED screen. I hope it's super high quality. Q10's OLED screen is pretty lackluster with the whites.
    SubCamp likes this.
    06-13-13 09:41 PM
    have said it before.

It is poitnless releasing a new touchscreen phone that is "better" than the Z10 if it is not quad core and it is not 1080p. BBRY needs to get their heads out of their asses if they think anything less can be sold for $200 w/ contract. People will see the GS4 and think Blackberry is crazy trying to sell such a phone at the same price.
    06-13-13 11:40 PM
    Not everyone will by phones solely due to specs...

Posted via CB10
    06-13-13 11:45 PM
    Frankly, I've never looked at specs for the Z10. I simply wanted to know if it would perform smoothly (I still think BB has a lot of work to do in this regard). Just throwing more horsepower at the OS seems like a pretty poor way to solve the smoothness problem. I'm sure there's a lot of optimization that can be done.
    06-14-13 12:08 AM
    have said it before.

It is poitnless releasing a new touchscreen phone that is "better" than the Z10 if it is not quad core and it is not 1080p. BBRY needs to get their heads out of their asses if they think anything less can be sold for $200 w/ contract. People will see the GS4 and think Blackberry is crazy trying to sell such a phone at the same price.
    First fanboys and now a new one. "specboys". Those are people who only care about the specs and don't care about the OS or the functionality of the phone. Kinda like those people who have to buy a fancy car to make up for the lack of something else.

If a device has less specs dual core vs quad or octocore and yet performs better and smoother, is the device worse? I know that the vast majority of people don't have a clue or care about specs. The biggest thing I hear my people with smartphones is how is the battery life. More specs means less battery life.
    Fr3lncr likes this.
    06-14-13 05:06 AM
    have said it before.

The A10 is not ment to be for everyone. It looks like it pulls out all the stops!

Wish it would release soon but it will likely be next year.
    06-14-13 05:53 AM
    Not everyone will by phones solely due to specs...

Posted via CB10
    Have you looked at BlackBerry market share lately??

I would say yes. Many do. Better specs does mean better speed.

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    06-14-13 07:01 AM
    Have you looked at BlackBerry market share lately??

I would say yes. Many do. Better specs does mean better speed.

Using a BlackBerry Z10
    You cannot prove your assumption. There are many reasons why Blackberry's market share dropped. You cannot say that just specs alone is the only factor. And better specs does not mean better speed that can be observed. There is a point of dimensioning returns.

Why stop at quad core and 1080p? Why not go 4K and hexadec core? The reason is the overhead for something that will not better the experience and it will kill battery life. And everything you add will decrease battery life which is the #1 factor in a cell phone if you ask the majority of people.
    06-14-13 07:13 AM
    First fanboys and now a new one. "specboys". Those are people who only care about the specs and don't care about the OS or the functionality of the phone. Kinda like those people who have to buy a fancy car to make up for the lack of something else.

If a device has less specs dual core vs quad or octocore and yet performs better and smoother, is the device worse? I know that the vast majority of people don't have a clue or care about specs. The biggest thing I hear my people with smartphones is how is the battery life. More specs means less battery life.
    Is it wrong for us to want to play games? Or use apps? Which tend to use up resources depending on what they do.

Just because it's enough to run the OS just means it's a very barebones functional phone nowadays.
    06-14-13 11:30 PM
    Is it wrong for us to want to play games? Or use apps? Which tend to use up resources depending on what they do.

Just because it's enough to run the OS just means it's a very barebones functional phone nowadays.
    So games look terrible in 720p? Don't think so. Also you are going to use more battery life by increasing to a resolution that isn't noticeable.
    06-14-13 11:36 PM
    Someone explain to me why 1080p is mandatory on a small screen.... you want 1080p? plug in the a10 via micro hdmi, blue tooth controller enjoy...

Sent from my BB10 smartphone.
    06-14-13 11:52 PM
84 123 ...