07-06-13 04:13 PM
523 ... 1718192021
tools
    I thought you were done here. BTW: Where are all your market research numbers to prove 1 and 2? Answer: You made them up since you are a spin doctor.
    He's done here the same way you won't stoop to his level.

BTW: where are all those apps you're busy building? Answer: You made them up since you are a spin doctor.

And why are we not hearing the same arguments from other developers on these forums?

Is it possible that they don't think it's such a big deal to have one more resolution (and therefore many more consumers to buy the apps)?

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 12:42 AM
    Do you even develop, bro?

Posted via CB10
    Jake Storm likes this.
    06-26-13 04:31 AM
    BTW: where are all those apps you're busy building? Answer: You made them up since you are a spin doctor.
    Did you read that you wrote? If I am busy building apps, then they are not ready to be released yet. It takes time to write good apps.

And why are we not hearing the same arguments from other developers on these forums?
    A lot of developers don't hang out here. There are developer forums on Blackberry.
    06-26-13 09:15 AM
    I am done with the discussion about the resolution.
    This is here is another theme.
    Posted via CB10
    I don't care about the rest. I only care about screen resolution. 1080p is a solution to where there is no problem.

P.S. Check the title of the thread. If you want to start another theme, start another thread.
    06-26-13 09:18 AM
    Did you read that you wrote? If I am busy building apps, then they are not ready to be released yet. It takes time to write good apps.

A lot of developers don't hang out here. There are developer forums on Blackberry.
    Yes, I am aware that it takes time to write good apps, but from the way you're talking, it seems as if you're a "big" important developer so I assumed you would have something to show for all your talk.

True, a lot developers don't hang out here, but some of them do and I haven't seen them agreeing with you.

What I do notice is, you have a way of answering only the part of people's questions that you can use for your agenda and avoiding the parts that you know you are wrong about.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 10:48 AM
    Yes, I am aware that it takes time to write good apps, but from the way you're talking, it seems as if you're a "big" important developer so I assumed you would have something to show for all your talk.

True, a lot developers don't hang out here, but some of them do and I haven't seen them agreeing with you.

What I do notice is, you have a way of answering only the part of people's questions that you can use for your agenda and avoiding the parts that you know you are wrong about.

Posted via CB10
    Please show me a post where I say that I am a big important developer. I am giving the views of a developer. The developers who have posted have agreed with the fact that it will become more difficult to program for multiple resolutions. Don't agree with that? How about posting a thread with the question. Will it become easier or harder to develop native BB10 apps with more resolutions? My statement all along has been that it will become harder and may force developers to stop developing or limit development to just one resolution.
    06-26-13 12:10 PM
    Please show me a post where I say that I am a big important developer. I am giving the views of a developer. The developers who have posted have agreed with the fact that it will become more difficult to program for multiple resolutions. Don't agree with that? How about posting a thread with the question. Will it become easier or harder to develop native BB10 apps with more resolutions? My statement all along has been that it will become harder and may force developers to stop developing or limit development to just one resolution.
    Read my post more carefully, I said "from the way you talk, it seems as if you're a big important developer".

Nobody said it won't be harder to develop for another resolution. The discussion is how much harder and if it justifies the risk of alienating developers vs attracting many more consumers.

And you're still avoiding answering some more questions.
    Is it possible that they don't think it's such a big deal to have one more resolution (and therefore many more consumers to buy the apps)?

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 01:21 PM
    I am done with the discussion about the resolution.
    This is here is another theme.

The Q5/Q10 is for the keyboard crowd, therefore they are not part of the core target segment of the A10.

People liking small screens, can't be the target segment as well, since the A10 has a big screen.

For Phablet users, the screen size is too small though.

We now factor in, the current market trends with sale numbers of the competition and the past BlackBerry core audience, to then look at the A10 again.

Through the process of elimination, we can therefore safely say, who will and who won't be part of the target audience.

This is so simple and logical, that I really have to wonder, how one can struggle with that.

Pro tip:
    the screen size by itself, is already a big indicator at whom the device will be aimed at.

A 5 inch touchscreen device for a price between something like 600 and 700$, will not be aimed at a 200$ Curve buyer and it won't be aimed at the consumer who loves his 3.5 inch iPhone 4s, thinking that the 4 inch screen on the iPhone 5 is comparable to heresy.

Through price and screensize, the audience the A10 will be aimed at, becomes self evident.

Posted via CB10
    How are you going to explain this one?

Samsung recently announced a scaled-down version of its Galaxy S4 smartphone. The Galaxy S4 mini is equipped with a 4.3-inch qHD display, a 1.7GHz dual-core processor and an 8-megapixel rear camera. The handset also includes 8GB of internal storage, 1.5GB of RAM, a microSD slot, a 1,900 mAh battery

Galaxy S4 mini won

$640 for a qHD ( 960×540 pixels ) so the A10 will be quite the phone vs the S4 mini and well worth the value.
    06-26-13 04:58 PM
    How are you going to explain this one?

Samsung recently announced a scaled-down version of its Galaxy S4 smartphone. The Galaxy S4 mini is equipped with a 4.3-inch qHD display, a 1.7GHz dual-core processor and an 8-megapixel rear camera. The handset also includes 8GB of internal storage, 1.5GB of RAM, a microSD slot, a 1,900 mAh battery

Galaxy S4 mini won

$640 for a qHD ( 960×540 pixels ) so the A10 will be quite the phone vs the S4 mini and well worth the value.
    1) Not the same target audience.
    This is Z10 territory.

2) You cannot use conversion rates like that.
    You either have to look at them through
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Purchasing_power_parity
    in this case, or you just wait for an official price in the US and the rest of the world.

You also deliberately took the highest price they offered, instead of the cheaper one.
    This is called introducing a bias.
    The cheaper price would be 560$ after the conversion, even though using prices like that still doesn't make sense.

Example:
    Price of a Retina MacBook Pro 15 inch in the US:
    http://www.amazon.com/Apple-MacBook-...bUvbUpU8714661
    2080$

In Germany:
    http://www.amazon.de/Apple-MacBook-R...bUvbUpU8714661
    1930 Euro.

If I use the conversion rate of Dollar to Euro, the MacBook should only cost:
    1600 Euro.
    http://finance.yahoo.com/currency-co...;amt=1599.1144

3) I can do the same, to show inflated prices for the Z10:

Let's take the Z10 in the UK, when it launched:

http://www.wired.co.uk/reviews/mobil...blackberry-z10

The price was 480 British Pounds, roughly the equivalent of 735$.
    http://finance.yahoo.com/currency-co...to=USD;amt=480

Let's take a look at the prices in India at the launch timeframe:
    http://gadgets.ndtv.com/mobiles/news...s-43490-335159
    43490 Indian Rupees roughly equals 716$ now, and was more or less equal to 800$ at launch.

But now comes the joke!!!

It sold for around 550$ and 600$ depending on the shop, without contract in the USA.
    http://www.crackberry.com/att-blackb...ble-amazon-199

And it launched for a price of 530 Euro in Germany, which equates to 690$.
    http://finance.yahoo.com/currency-co...to=USD;amt=530

So, what did we learn here?

What we really learned, is that there are local differences in price as well as taxes, and that one can't use conversion rates like you did before.

If we want to get an answer, how well/bad a device is priced, we have to compare it with the local prices of the competition ( and we could then even factor in the law of supply and demand).

The Samsung S4 mini will cost 365 british pounds when it launches and the BlackBerry Z10 had a price tag of 480 pounds when it launched in early February.

I can therefore explain it to you in a very simple way:

You haven't got the slightest clue of what you are talking about here.
    Thank you for proving it

so the A10 will be quite the phone vs the S4 mini and well worth the value.
    This is the best joke though

Just to repeat it:
    365 Pounds, for the Samsung Mini at launch and 480 pounds for the BlackBerry Z10 at launch, should clearly show, where exactly Samsung wants to position the Mini.

We compare it to the S4 just to be sure:
    http://www.pcadvisor.co.uk/buying-ad...-availability/

It cost between 530 and 630 pounds in the launch timeframe.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by MarsupilamiX; 06-26-13 at 07:38 PM.
    06-26-13 07:27 PM
    1) Not the same target audience.
    This is Z10 territory.

2) You cannot use conversion rates like that.
    You either have to look at them through
    Purchasing power parity - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
    in this case, or you just wait for an official price in the US and the rest of the world.

You also deliberately took the highest price they offered, instead of the cheaper one.
    This is called introducing a bias.
    The cheaper price would be 560$ after the conversion, even though using prices like that still doesn't make sense.

Example:
    Price of a Retina MacBook Pro 15 inch in the US:
    Amazon.com: Apple MacBook Pro ME664LL/A 15.4-Inch Laptop with Retina Display (NEWEST VERSION): Computers & Accessories
    2080$

In Germany:
    Apple MacBook Pro Retina Display 39,1 cm Notebook: Amazon.de: Computer & Zubehör
    1930 Euro.

If I use the conversion rate of Dollar to Euro, the MacBook should only cost:
    1600 Euro.
    Currency Converter - Yahoo! Finance

3) I can do the same, to show inflated prices for the Z10:

Let's take the Z10 in the UK, when it launched:

BlackBerry Z10 review - Performance, UK prices, BB10, specs (Wired UK)

The price was 480 British Pounds, roughly the equivalent of 735$.

Let's take a look at the prices in India at the launch timeframe:
    BlackBerry Z10 launched in India for Rs. 43,490 | NDTV Gadgets
    43490 Indian Rupees roughly equals 716$ now, and was more or less equal to 800$ at launch.

But now comes the joke!!!

It sold for around 550$ and 600$ depending on the shop, without contract in the USA.
    AT&T BlackBerry Z10 now available at Amazon for $199 | CrackBerry.com

And it launched for a price of 530 Euro in Germany, which equates to 690$.

So, what did we learn here?

What we really learned, is that there are local differences in price as well as taxes, and that one can't use conversion rates like you did before.

If we want to get an answer, how well/bad a device is priced, we have to compare it with the local prices of the competition ( and we could then even factor in the law of supply and demand).

The Samsung S4 mini will cost 365 british pounds when it launches and the BlackBerry Z10 had a price tag of 480 pounds when it launched in early February.

I can therefore explain it to you in a very simple way:

You haven't got the slightest clue of what you are talking about here.
    Thank you for proving it

This is the best joke though

Just to repeat it:
    365 Pounds, for the Samsung Mini at launch and 480 pounds for the BlackBerry Z10 at launch, should clearly show, where exactly Samsung wants to position the Mini.

We compare it to the S4 just to be sure:
    Samsung Galaxy S4 price in UK; Galaxy S4 UK network availability - PC Advisor

It cost between 530 and 630 pounds in the launch timeframe.

Posted via CB10
    You certainly sell snake oil with the best of them. I would expect that you would have said that the S4 mini would be a failure, but that would prove that it isn't the 1080p that is the driving force. I thought you said all Androids and other platforms will have 1080p standard. I am seeing a lot of new announcements of new phones that will be released this year and they all don't have 1080p. I guess it isn't the standard you think it is.
    06-26-13 09:05 PM
    You certainly sell snake oil with the best of them. I would expect that you would have said that the S4 mini would be a failure, but that would prove that it isn't the 1080p that is the driving force. I thought you said all Androids and other platforms will have 1080p standard. I am seeing a lot of new announcements of new phones that will be released this year and they all don't have 1080p. I guess it isn't the standard you think it is.
    I guess your reading comprehension skills haven't become any better...

Everybody here was talking about flagship Androids.

The S4 mini, is so far away from a flagship, that I do not understand why it even should come with a 1080p display.

The main problem with the A10 not having a 1080p display, is because of its price and flagship status.

Have a look at the last 10 pages, and you'll hopefully see it.

Posted via CB10
    06-26-13 09:18 PM
    How do you know where the A10 is targeted? Did BB say anything publicly? Or are you just playing armchair CMO?
    The CMO gets the short straw as it's his job to sell the A10. The CMO didn't develop it. The CMO didn't plan it. Heck the current CMO wasn't even with the company when the A10 entered the planning phase.

Ultimately, it's the CTO and COO that would be most responsible for the product roadmap.

BlackBerry needs to get better at planning their devices. They need to be able to predict where the market will be. The A10 would have been on the map and in various stages of development for around a year now (probably longer as the OS it's self was delayed several times) as a wireless device takes roughly 18 months from concept to store shelf. But BlackBerry isn't good at predicting where the market will be in 18 months.

As for who the device is aimed at. Why would you need market research? The 5" market is owned pretty much exclusively by Android.

Look at your local carrier stores or your local Best Buy. The 5+" phones are the top tier Android's. That is the pool BlackBerry is jumping into. That's the competition the A10 is up against.

So the argument that BlackBerry is building a phone of that class not to compete doesn't even make logical sense. That's like saying BlackBerry is building a car that looks exactly like a Ferrari supercar and priced the same, but they are really only planning on competing with mid sized family sedans cause they put a naturally aspirated 4 cylinder engine in it and paired it with a CVT for a very unsupercar like driving experience. There is no market for such a product.

Just like if the A10 is out of touch with the competition in every major specification - not just screen resolution - then it will fail to attract customers.

Sure, if BlackBerry priced the A10 at a mid-range level it will probably sell quite well as a value priced alternative for people that want a nice big screen.

But, we know BlackBerry isn't going to price it that way.

It wouldn't make sense to kill the Z10 that quickly and pricing the A10 the same as the Z10 would cannibalize it's sales. The Z10 has already dropped to mid-range price and it can stay there for the rest of this year if BlackBerry launches a new colour option or two.

BlackBerry is trying to position it's self as a premium brand. Premium Brands don't often launch a new budget phone as their headlining product in Q4.
    06-26-13 09:30 PM
    I guess your reading comprehension skills haven't become any better...

Everybody here was talking about flagship Androids.

The S4 mini, is so far away from a flagship, that I do not understand why it even should come with a 1080p display.

The main problem with the A10 not having a 1080p display, is because of its price and flagship status.

Have a look at the last 10 pages, and you'll hopefully see it.

Posted via CB10
    Hopefully his apps are good and sell themselves or he's going to need to hire someone to market them because he clearly doesn't understand even basic marketing, branding, or product positioning .

He doesn't seem to get that the smartphone market is segmented and not every phone competes against every other phone. Just like it just doesn't happen that someone thinking of an S-Class Mercedes walks into a Chevy dealer and overlooks the Cadillac and cross shops a Malibu instead. It's just not how people work.

He also doesn't get that it's more then the screen that's going to hurt the A10 if rumored specs are accurate and accounts of people who've seen prototypes are representative of the final product.

Screen res will probably be one of the most often aspect people will use to dismiss the phone. It's also one that BlackBerry will sooner or later have to move on from. 1080P is where the market is right now in that class.

But bulkier then the competition = bad

Clearance sale CPU/GPU from last year = bad

Good camera with absolutely no gimmick to market except lower Mega Pixel count = bad

Non-Removable Battery = Alienate lots of BlackBerry customers thinking of buying it.

BlackBerry World = bad in this class. These are the customers with $60/month disposable income to blow on Candy Crush levels and want the trending apps, and the big name apps

BlackBerry 10 is all the phone has going for it and while that will certainly be a draw especially with 10.2 and the additional polish and new features it brings with it. But will it be enough in the hottest class with the fiercest competition in the market to win customers over?

If the A10 is what we believe it to be, at best it will be a break even proposition that barely sells enough units to cover it's development costs. At worst, a complete failure that might make BlackBerry stay out of that class like they shied away from tablets. This would lead to a slower growing BlackBerry 10 Platform. That's bad for customers, Bad for developers and bad for BlackBerry.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think the A10 being a failure - if that's what it turns out to be - will doom BlackBerry at all. It would just be a stumble. But an easily avoidable one, and one BlackBerry doesn't need.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    06-26-13 10:18 PM
    Hopefully his apps are good and sell themselves or he's going to need to hire someone to market them because he clearly doesn't understand even basic marketing, branding, or product positioning .

He doesn't seem to get that the smartphone market is segmented and not every phone competes against every other phone. Just like it just doesn't happen that someone thinking of an S-Class Mercedes walks into a Chevy dealer and overlooks the Cadillac and cross shops a Malibu instead. It's just not how people work.

He also doesn't get that it's more then the screen that's going to hurt the A10 if rumored specs are accurate and accounts of people who've seen prototypes are representative of the final product.

Screen res will probably be one of the most often aspect people will use to dismiss the phone. It's also one that BlackBerry will sooner or later have to move on from. 1080P is where the market is right now in that class.

But bulkier then the competition = bad

Clearance sale CPU/GPU from last year = bad

Good camera with absolutely no gimmick to market except lower Mega Pixel count = bad

Non-Removable Battery = Alienate lots of BlackBerry customers thinking of buying it.

BlackBerry World = bad in this class. These are the customers with $60/month disposable income to blow on Candy Crush levels and want the trending apps, and the big name apps

BlackBerry 10 is all the phone has going for it and while that will certainly be a draw especially with 10.2 and the additional polish and new features it brings with it. But will it be enough in the hottest class with the fiercest competition in the market to win customers over?

If the A10 is what we believe it to be, at best it will be a break even proposition that barely sells enough units to cover it's development costs. At worst, a complete failure that might make BlackBerry stay out of that class like they shied away from tablets. This would lead to a slower growing BlackBerry 10 Platform. That's bad for customers, Bad for developers and bad for BlackBerry.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think the A10 being a failure - if that's what it turns out to be - will doom BlackBerry at all. It would just be a stumble. But an easily avoidable one, and one BlackBerry doesn't need.
    I agree with you.

What I clearly don't understand though, is who exactly had the idea to use these specs...

BlackBerry acts reactively with the A10, instead of proactively.
    The change to 5 inch clearly shows that.
    This is what you call: "they should be better at anticipating market trends".
    But they didn't thought about being so reactively, to include 1080p.

Apart from the faux octa-core in the S4, my Granny could have known, where the market will head to.

It was so easy, everybody knows what the different Android manufacturers do:

They "double" the specs every year.
    This is also an issue for them, because at a certain point, the hardware can't be doubled anymore, and High-end smartphones will have become more commodity like, but until then, we all know what the Samsung S5 will give us:
    Even better specs.

I personally think that at a certain point ( and we aren't there for now as the exynos faux octa-core provides better battery life), the whole spec race just becomes ridiculous, and that every high end smartphone, no matter by what manufacturer, will have similar specs.

But until then, seeing BlackBerry lagging behind the competition, is just painful to see.
    I like BB10, and I will not buy a phone with another OS, as long as BlackBerry exists and supports it, but I am not the average consumer.

The A10 on the contriary is clearly aimed at the average Android flagship buyer.

So I just have to ask myself:
    Who makes these decisions?
    Who wants to launch a phone, that can't compete?

Under the current circumstances, a Z5, the Q5 all touch equivalent, would make soooooooooooo much more sense to launch.
    Or a Z10s, that pushes the Z10 into the lower mid-range.

But like this, I just don't see a coherent strategy.
    BlackBerry had a lot of options, what devices they will launch this year.
    And they decided for the A10 with subpar specs (as long as the rumours are true. But 1080p support would have been announced to devs, so yeah, that's confirmed)....

It's just headdesk material.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by MarsupilamiX; 06-27-13 at 01:08 PM.
    06-27-13 12:21 PM
    I don't know how you guys can be so certain about "can't compete". It's clear that in short term BlackBerry isn't trying to challenge Samsung in a spec race, it's incredibly silly. Samsung, IIRC, produces some of their components on their own, I hear about that when there's that fuss about Apple winning a patent over "rounded rectangle". I think it was the screen or something

And Apple has its own CPU research company, producing its own CPU. I think it's realistic to say that those 2 companies get lower prices on hardware.

To say that A10 can't compete with 720p is balderdash. As far as the experience is good enough, people will buy it. Sure, the technophobes that can't differentiate between RAM and VRAM will be turned off without the "full HD" designation, but let's be honest with ourselves: going 1080 isn't going to magically make people switch to BlackBerry.

For the price of a BlackBerry, you can get an Android with better spec, we all know about this already. For the price of an average Mac, you can get a semi-hardcore gaming PC, and yet Mac still sells.

I can't believe the attitude here: "1080p or BlackBerry might as well start burning their offices!". People, it's not the end of the world. Heck, for the price of a Z10, you could get an S3, and how many have bought Z10? "Exceeds expectations", IIRC

BlackBerry can't get in the spec race, not yet methinks. It's not a race they can win, nor is it a race they can realistically partake in for a long time without winning.

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    Thunderbuck and Bluenoser63 like this.
    06-27-13 01:05 PM
    Has it actually been confirmed that the A10 will be 5"? To my knowledge, a few guys eyeballed it and that size just spread like wildfire.
    06-27-13 08:22 PM
    I don't know how you guys can be so certain about "can't compete". It's clear that in short term BlackBerry isn't trying to challenge Samsung in a spec race, it's incredibly silly. Samsung, IIRC, produces some of their components on their own, I hear about that when there's that fuss about Apple winning a patent over "rounded rectangle". I think it was the screen or something

And Apple has its own CPU research company, producing its own CPU. I think it's realistic to say that those 2 companies get lower prices on hardware.

To say that A10 can't compete with 720p is balderdash. As far as the experience is good enough, people will buy it. Sure, the technophobes that can't differentiate between RAM and VRAM will be turned off without the "full HD" designation, but let's be honest with ourselves: going 1080 isn't going to magically make people switch to BlackBerry.

For the price of a BlackBerry, you can get an Android with better spec, we all know about this already. For the price of an average Mac, you can get a semi-hardcore gaming PC, and yet Mac still sells.

I can't believe the attitude here: "1080p or BlackBerry might as well start burning their offices!". People, it's not the end of the world. Heck, for the price of a Z10, you could get an S3, and how many have bought Z10? "Exceeds expectations", IIRC

BlackBerry can't get in the spec race, not yet methinks. It's not a race they can win, nor is it a race they can realistically partake in for a long time without winning.

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273

No one is saying BlackBerry should "burn their offices" or even that the A10 is a make or break product for BlackBerry. It's not.

But, if it flops, it will be a big setback for the platform as far as the market segment that the A10 will compete in is the hottest segment of the market at the moment.

Another thing is that if you aren't going to play the spec game, you need a differentiating factor or two to draw in customers. BlackBerry has BlackBerry 10. It's awesome. But the supporting ecosystem isn't going to appeal much to people in the upper end of the market because they not only want to have the cool phones first, they also want the cool apps and games first. So that's a strike. This isn't as much of a factor in other segments of the market. But the A10 isn't a mid-range phone.

So the question is, with a phone that is [as rumored] bulkier, and less powerful then others in the same class, but the price on the A10 is going to be the same or higher, will BlackBerry 10 be enough to draw significant consumer interest in the class in "noise" of Q4?
    06-27-13 09:40 PM
    Z10 wasn't either. Z10 was priced as high as Galaxy S3, and at that moment in time, if there's one thing Samsung is proud of, it's S3.

But still, this is about the screen size. No, 1080p isn't gonna happen, 720p is the resolution they agreed upon. As far as the screen size is concerned, 720p isn't so bad, because honestly: it's good enough for now, and the technophobes probably isn't going to ask "how is the resolution?" to their friends, they'll probably just ask "is it any good? Is it comfortable? Convenient?"

I'm not saying that BlackBerry should stay at 720p forever, that's silly, but to imply that 1080p is the most important thing that will make or break BlackBerry, as pretty much most of the people here say, is just as silly

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    06-27-13 10:14 PM
    Z10 wasn't either. Z10 was priced as high as Galaxy S3, and at that moment in time, if there's one thing Samsung is proud of, it's S3.

But still, this is about the screen size. No, 1080p isn't gonna happen, 720p is the resolution they agreed upon. As far as the screen size is concerned, 720p isn't so bad, because honestly: it's good enough for now, and the technophobes probably isn't going to ask "how is the resolution?" to their friends, they'll probably just ask "is it any good? Is it comfortable? Convenient?"

I'm not saying that BlackBerry should stay at 720p forever, that's silly, but to imply that 1080p is the most important thing that will make or break BlackBerry, as pretty much most of the people here say, is just as silly

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    I never said that it will make or break BlackBerry.

It's just that it will make it harder to compete in the market.

Let's hope that BlackBerry has a reason for what they do.

I am really positif about this quartier though

Posted via CB10
    06-27-13 10:54 PM

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    Look at this fact, BB is going to be losing the spec race, AND experience race.

Android and Apple got those down respectively.

So unless BB has another trick up its sleeve to bring customers on board.

The least it can do is include a spec from last year.
    06-27-13 11:53 PM
    Look at this fact, BB is going to be losing the spec race, AND experience race.

Android and Apple got those down respectively.

So unless BB has another trick up its sleeve to bring customers on board.

The least it can do is include a spec from last year.
    I like it when people state opinions as fact.

You're basically saying that either BlackBerry challenges Samsung in its own level, or BlackBerry might as well start locking the office door.

Currently, BlackBerry isn't trying to fight Samsung and Apple, we need to stop thinking that there's only 3 players in the industry (hint: the other one is the owner of Skype)

BlackBerry is trying to secure number 3, from the potential of being number 0. They're trying to compete with Windows Phone right now. Get their feet firm on number 3, THEN start trying to eat the market share. They're trying to survive, not to magically become number 1 overnight.

Is 1080p the most important thing right now in smartphone industry? If they don't have 1080p, will the sale number be zero?

I don't understand the fascination of 1080p. More is always better, but I can't see how it's so "last year" and "incredibly important". I'm saying that increasing the resolution RIGHT NOW isn't going to make much of a difference. In fact, the ones arguing about 1080p are actually the tech-savvy, not the technophobes you people seem to be so concerned about.

Like I said, people aren't going to ask "is it 1080p yet? Because I'm not going to settle for anything not 1080p", they most likely will just ask if using it feels good or not.

I have to admit that trying to argue with people whose ammo is "you don't want better features? Lulz" is hard, so I'll just ask you this: is there any scientific survey that can say whether 1080p boosts sales or not relative to its cost?

Because my Z10 is 720p and I like it just fine

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    johnnyuk likes this.
    06-28-13 01:14 AM
    makes no diff to me ... id rather have a 720x720 res Q10
    06-28-13 01:27 AM
    The 480 UK price was for an unlocked device, which carries a premium.

Posted via CB10
    06-28-13 02:57 AM
    I love chicken !

Posted via CB10
    SuperionMaximus likes this.
    06-28-13 04:06 AM
    I like it when people state opinions as fact.

You're basically saying that either BlackBerry challenges Samsung in its own level, or BlackBerry might as well start locking the office door.

Currently, BlackBerry isn't trying to fight Samsung and Apple, we need to stop thinking that there's only 3 players in the industry (hint: the other one is the owner of Skype)

BlackBerry is trying to secure number 3, from the potential of being number 0. They're trying to compete with Windows Phone right now. Get their feet firm on number 3, THEN start trying to eat the market share. They're trying to survive, not to magically become number 1 overnight.

Is 1080p the most important thing right now in smartphone industry? If they don't have 1080p, will the sale number be zero?

I don't understand the fascination of 1080p. More is always better, but I can't see how it's so "last year" and "incredibly important". I'm saying that increasing the resolution RIGHT NOW isn't going to make much of a difference. In fact, the ones arguing about 1080p are actually the tech-savvy, not the technophobes you people seem to be so concerned about.

Like I said, people aren't going to ask "is it 1080p yet? Because I'm not going to settle for anything not 1080p", they most likely will just ask if using it feels good or not.

I have to admit that trying to argue with people whose ammo is "you don't want better features? Lulz" is hard, so I'll just ask you this: is there any scientific survey that can say whether 1080p boosts sales or not relative to its cost?

Because my Z10 is 720p and I like it just fine

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    So you're saying BB is winning one of those races? You're trying to tell me they're trying to secure the number 3 spot. So yes, they are losing the spec race and experience race.

It's not hte most important. Never said it was. But it's a spec from 2012. Popularized in early 2013. For a phone, which is a flagship, is coming out in late 2013.

Using outdated specs is why BB is in this place in the first place.

They don't have to go toe to toe with Samsung, but they sure can't get left in the dust by every other manufacturer out there.

I mean are you telling me people are rushing to buy BB10? Just look at their quarterly report today.

Also you're telling me as a fanboy on Crackberry forums, thinks that 720p is "just fine". I wonder what a regular customer would think, or would be told by a saleman.

Like I said, I hope BB has something up their sleeve. Otherwise they better try to be competitive.
    06-28-13 11:59 PM
523 ... 1718192021