It's useless to discuss it.
    The screen will be 1280x720 PERIOD.

The other possibility:
    Q1 2014
    A lot of apps will have to be edited to support 1080p - some devs won't and a lot of current apps won't be available.
    All those guys mentioning 1080 = 720*1,5 have never written a BlackBerry 10 native app.
    Of course it's nothing complicated, but it will take some hours to rewrite your code. Many apps will just upscale graphics, which will make the 1080 vs 720 discussion useless.
    Some native apps will increase 150% in size. (Apps run faster if you don't scale, so providing all graphics in original size and 1.5 size would be runtime optimal)

All the guys mentioning Android:
    please read this:

http://developer.android.com/guide/p...s_support.html

and this:

https://developer.blackberry.com/cas...tic_asset.html

Posted via CB10
    thekidshop likes this.
    06-20-13 03:32 AM
    It's useless to discuss it.
    The screen will be 1280x720 PERIOD.

The other possibility:
    Q1 2014
    A lot of apps will have to be edited to support 1080p - some devs won't and a lot of current apps won't be available.
    All those guys mentioning 1080 = 720*1,5 have never written a BlackBerry 10 native app.
    Of course it's nothing complicated, but it will take some hours to rewrite your code. Many apps will just upscale graphics, which will make the 1080 vs 720 discussion useless.
    Some native apps will increase 150% in size. (Apps run faster if you don't scale, so providing all graphics in original size and 1.5 size would be runtime optimal)

All the guys mentioning Android:
    please read this:

http://developer.android.com/guide/p...s_support.html

and this:

https://developer.blackberry.com/cas...tic_asset.html

Posted via CB10
    I never once said the display won't be 720p.
    I just said, that its a stupid decision.

Thx for the links though!

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 02:27 PM
    The yellow tint was one of the first things they fixed after release.

Posted via CB10
    Really? How did they fix it?

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 02:35 PM
    Because if you haven't noticed, (you didn't) my whole discussion is about ppi and what the human eye can see. It all depends on the ppi and the size of the screen that the pixels are on. If the ppi is above what the human eye can see, you have reached the max in useability. Anything more is just snake oil from marketing people trying to sell unnecessary and useless "features" to line their pockets.
    So you actually agree with me, that a high price for the A10 will be even more unjustified since it doesn't even have the useless specs?

And please go there:
    http://crackberry.com/bigger-really-better

To tell the people in the comments that they don't need a 1080p display and that they are all idiots.
    A big number of CB users want to see that

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 07:21 PM
    So you actually agree with me, that a high price for the A10 will be even more unjustified since it doesn't even have the useless specs?

And please go there:
    All other things equal, would you rather have the Z10's 4.2" display or A10's 5" display? | CrackBerry.com

To tell the people in the comments that they don't need a 1080p display and that they are all idiots.

Posted via CB10
    So far out of almost 300 posts, only about a half dozen people commented about 1080p. Not the ringing endorsement you were thinking. And 55 percent want to stick with the Z10's 768 screen. Oh well, better luck next time.
    06-20-13 07:35 PM
    So far out of almost 300 posts, only about a half dozen people commented about 1080p. Not the ringing endorsement you were thinking. And 55 percent want to stick with the Z10's 768 screen. Oh well, better luck next time.

You still haven't answered the question about price.

Why do you dodge and ignore that question every single time?

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 07:39 PM

Posted via CB10
    It was initially a few devices with defective screens. They were mostly sent out as review units to media. But they issue was mitigated largely before official release.
    06-20-13 07:58 PM
    You still haven't answered the question about price.

Why do you dodge and ignore that question every single time?

Posted via CB10
    I did. You just didn't like the answer. If it comes out with 4GB RAM, 16GB front camera, big battery with the best battery life, quad cpu, etc, and had 720p, is it over priced?
    06-20-13 08:19 PM
    I did. You just didn't like the answer. If it comes out with 4GB RAM, 16GB front camera, big battery with the best battery life, quad cpu, etc, and had 720p, is it over priced?
    The answer would still be yes, of course it's overpriced.

When the time of the A10's introduction has come, the prices of its main competitors will have fallen a bit and the Note 3 will be introduced.

Nokia will have launched the ultimate camera phone by this time, and the iPhone 5s will be available.

This means, that the A10 will have even more competition than the Z10 had and will either have an underwhelming spec sheet and/or an underwhelming app experience.

There is exactly 0 place for such a device if it is priced too high.
    This will be the PlayBook all over again:
    Priced far too high for what it can offer.

The Q10 and R5 are devices that do not fall into that paradigm.
    There is a simple reason for that as well:
    If one really wants a physical keyboard on his phone, what else will he do than to buy a BlackBerry?

The implications are easy to understand:
    BlackBerry can price their keyboard phones higher than their spec sheet/app experience would allow them to do, compared to similar all touch devices.

The only conclusion that can be made, is that pricing the A10 too high, will be a disaster for this device, if it doesn't come with the ultimate spec sheet, or has the ultime USP like the new Nokia has, with an incredibly good camera.

Since the past already provides us an example of a manufacturer who tried to gain some marketshare through a phone that has a gigantic battery, we can also use them to show how well it worked out.

It's the Motorola Droid Razr Maxx HD.
    http://www.phonescoop.com/phones/phone.php?p=3643

It's success was very limited and what Motorola has become isn't a secret as well.

BTW, the CB article that I mentioned before asked what screensize would one prefer between the Z10 and the A10 if all things are equal.
    No wonder the majority said that they would rather stay/buy a Z10.
    You should work on your reading comprehension skills...

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by MarsupilamiX; 06-20-13 at 09:40 PM.
    06-20-13 09:03 PM

And please go there:
    All other things equal, would you rather have the Z10's 4.2" display or A10's 5" display? | CrackBerry.com

Posted via CB10
    Why don't you tell everyone that we need a 64-bit colour screen too?
    06-20-13 09:05 PM
    Why don't you tell everyone that we need a 64-bit colour screen too?
    I'd rather see how you try to disprove what I said in the other post concerning the price of the A10.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 09:21 PM

Posted via CB10
    I got mine on February 6th from Rogers in Canada, within (about) a week they pushed out a small update that had some bug fixes and battery optimizations. That included the yellowish screen fix.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 09:43 PM
    How many of them realize it will have 720? I'm sure most assume it will be on par with the specs of other flagship devices at the time it's released.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 09:47 PM

I find it interesting that the article doesn't mention anything at all about resolution. I bet if they would ask how many prefer the Z10's 768 or an A10 with 1080 full HD, the poll results would look very different.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 09:48 PM

I find it interesting that the article doesn't mention anything at all about resolution. I bet if they would ask how many prefer the Z10's 768 or an A10 with 1080 full HD, the poll results would look very different.

Posted via CB10
    It was intentionally asked that way:
    "All things being equal" is mentioned instantly in the blog post.

I also don't want an A10 under these circumstances and voted that way.

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 10:00 PM
    It was intentionally asked that way:
    "All things being equal" is mentioned instantly in the blog post.

I also don't want an A10 under these circumstances and voted that way.

Posted via CB10
    You're right, but they should point out that if "all things being equal" means the same resolution, then "all things" won't be "equal" as the A10 will have lower PPI (yes, Bluenoser63, I know, the human eye can't tell the difference from 10-14 inches on that size screen...).

Posted via CB10
    06-20-13 10:20 PM
    It was initially a few devices with defective screens. They were mostly sent out as review units to media. But they issue was mitigated largely before official release.
    Actually I remember a few complaints from consumers about the yellow tint. My device has it too and I can assure you it is not a review unit

Posted via CB10
    06-21-13 12:26 AM
    I got mine on February 6th from Rogers in Canada, within (about) a week they pushed out a small update that had some bug fixes and battery optimizations. That included the yellowish screen fix.

Posted via CB10
    I was under the impression it was hardware issue. Mine still has the yellow tint

Posted via CB10
    rnhld likes this.
    06-21-13 12:30 AM
    I was under the impression it was hardware issue. Mine still has the yellow tint

Posted via CB10
    Mine did originally but the update fixed it.
    I also seem to remember seeing something about fixing it by holding it near a light, but I don't remember the details. I'll try to find it and then post a link.

Edit: I found the thread, you can read through it. http://forums.crackberry.com/showthread.php?t=766954

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by zeeten; 06-21-13 at 01:19 AM.
    darkehawke likes this.
    06-21-13 12:44 AM

Posted via CB10
    I have another Z10 that is more yellow when the brightness is set below 50. It's not unusual there is some varion; I've seen the same for iphones. It's not easy to notice unless you directly compare otherwise it's fine without being all analytical
    06-22-13 05:44 PM
    I'm thinking this resolution will be for the keyboard version of the A10...

#BB10BELIEVE

Posted via CB10
    06-22-13 11:33 PM
    It will not have 4GB of RAM

What is a 16GB front camera? You mean the rumored 12MP rear camera? Probably just an okay module and nothing unique or special about it. BlackBerry isn't exactly known for industry leading cameras.

Big battery is going to be smaller then the one in the Galaxy S4 if rumored specs are accurate. The AMOLED screen will help with power consumption though as no need for a constant backlight.

Quad core yes. But, not a 2013 quad core chip. So it's already been purchased by BlackBerry from Qualcomm's bargain bin liquidation sale of old stock.

So yeah, the people saying that the phone will be priced to high have a valid argument. Would you pay the same today for an HTC ONE X from 2012 that you would for an HTC ONE from 2013?

Or, would you buy an Ivy Bridge 3rd gen Intel Core Processor system now for the same price as you would a Haswell 4th generation model?

You probably wouldn't. So, that being the case, and BlackBerry world not having Candy Crush Saga yet, means consumers aren't going to be to keen to spend $700+ on a new BlackBerry A10 that is barely up to par with late 2012 phones and can't hold a candle to current 2013 phones let alone the stuff that will be contemporary to the A10 this November.

But the real question is, since you're a "Developer", will you continue to develop for BlackBerry if the A10 is an abysmal failure thanks to BlackBerry trying to please you instead of the consumers who will actually be rejecting this phone in droves? Or, do you think it would be better if BlackBerry built a phone that was forward thinking, competitive in it's class and actually stood a chance of sales people not pushing customers away from it?

Typical scenario this holiday season:

Customer walks into store hearing BlackBerry has new phone. Sales person says 'yeah, but it's junk you should really be looking at...'

But thank heavens BlackBerry didn't go and upset Bluenoser63 and do something foolish like put a 1080P snake oil coated screen on the phone so that he will keep making apps for the platform.

Like it or not, BlackBerry does not exist in a vacuum and will have to compete with other products on the market. So it doesn't matter what you think of 1080P on a small screen. It matters that if it doesn't have it, Katie at Verizon will tell Jane customer not to buy the phone. If Jane doesn't buy the phone, that's one less person that you could have sold an app to Bluenoser63. Now consider that same scenario played out 20 million times and you're losing potential revenue and BlackBerry is losing sales.
    06-23-13 06:03 PM
    It will not have 4GB of RAM

What is a 16GB front camera? You mean the rumored 12MP rear camera? Probably just an okay module and nothing unique or special about it. BlackBerry isn't exactly known for industry leading cameras.

Big battery is going to be smaller then the one in the Galaxy S4 if rumored specs are accurate. The AMOLED screen will help with power consumption though as no need for a constant backlight.

Quad core yes. But, not a 2013 quad core chip. So it's already been purchased by BlackBerry from Qualcomm's bargain bin liquidation sale of old stock.

So yeah, the people saying that the phone will be priced to high have a valid argument. Would you pay the same today for an HTC ONE X from 2012 that you would for an HTC ONE from 2013?

Or, would you buy an Ivy Bridge 3rd gen Intel Core Processor system now for the same price as you would a Haswell 4th generation model?

You probably wouldn't. So, that being the case, and BlackBerry world not having Candy Crush Saga yet, means consumers aren't going to be to keen to spend $700+ on a new BlackBerry A10 that is barely up to par with late 2012 phones and can't hold a candle to current 2013 phones let alone the stuff that will be contemporary to the A10 this November.

But the real question is, since you're a "Developer", will you continue to develop for BlackBerry if the A10 is an abysmal failure thanks to BlackBerry trying to please you instead of the consumers who will actually be rejecting this phone in droves? Or, do you think it would be better if BlackBerry built a phone that was forward thinking, competitive in it's class and actually stood a chance of sales people not pushing customers away from it?

Typical scenario this holiday season:

Customer walks into store hearing BlackBerry has new phone. Sales person says 'yeah, but it's junk you should really be looking at...'

But thank heavens BlackBerry didn't go and upset Bluenoser63 and do something foolish like put a 1080P snake oil coated screen on the phone so that he will keep making apps for the platform.

Like it or not, BlackBerry does not exist in a vacuum and will have to compete with other products on the market. So it doesn't matter what you think of 1080P on a small screen. It matters that if it doesn't have it, Katie at Verizon will tell Jane customer not to buy the phone. If Jane doesn't buy the phone, that's one less person that you could have sold an app to Bluenoser63. Now consider that same scenario played out 20 million times and you're losing potential revenue and BlackBerry is losing sales.
    Be prepared to onyl hear:
    "But the user can't see it!!!!!!!!"

It's apparently the only thing this user has to reply.
    And this tells everything...

I want BlackBerry to succeed but the currently specced A10 won't help them.

Edit
    Just found the following:

http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/23/g...arphone-leaks/
    ^
    1080p display, 13MP camera, quadcore and 2GB of RAM for 320-360$.

And

http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/18/tcl-idol-x-s950/
    ^
    1080p display and quadcore with 2 GB of RAM and 16gb of internal memory for 280$.

I just fail to see why people can justify the current A10 specs.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by MarsupilamiX; 06-23-13 at 06:39 PM.
    06-23-13 06:16 PM
    Be prepared to onyl hear:
    "But the user can't see it!!!!!!!!"

It's apparently the only thing this user has to reply.
    And this tells everything...

I want BlackBerry to succeed but the currently specced A10 won't help them.

Posted via CB10

Oh I know. He seems to think so little of consumers and the competition. Consumers may not know a thing about the Chip that runs their phone, or the resolution of the display, but sales people do. And when sales people tell them the phone is 'Last year's Technology' they can draw their own conclusions about the value proposition of the device.

Plus, while my girlfriend loves her Z10, she wishes that she didn't have to get me to side load Candy Crush Saga on to it for her so she could play the game all her girlfriends were raving about. So BlackBerry world still isn't going to win them over to the BlackBerry experience. The OS is wonderful, intuitive and up to par with anything on the market. But it's not so far ahead that consumers are just going to over look other shortcomings for an all touch phone.

But hey, us marketing people that actually sell stuff to people, what do we know right? We just peddle snake oil.
    06-23-13 06:37 PM
    defensive much ? and if you read my post a gpu is not mentioned....is it ?

I think instead of saying "incredibly good" you meant to say magical and without fault
    The gpu is solid....but new qualicomms smoke it

Z10in' since the Beginnin'
    06-24-13 08:33 AM
523 ... 1516171819 ...