Can't believe I just read 24 pages of people arguing about two different screen resolutions. I had no clue what the resolution on any of my past phones or current phone (Z10) was. I even asked my roommates out of curiosity what their phone's resolution was and they had no clue...so take that how you may.

Posted via CB10
    Bluenoser63 likes this.
    07-04-13 09:25 PM
    But posters like MarsupilamiX and other say that if it doesn't have awesome specs, then it will fail.
    Your reading comprehension skills are as bad as ever.

I am talking about the right price, for the specs.
    If the phone is priced accordingly to its subpar specs, there is nothing to complain about (except BlackBerry's inability to make a real flagship phone)

If the phone costs 650$ with the rumoured specs, and doesn't offer something unique and useful, then yes, I am telling you that it will have a hard time to compete

That can't be hard to grasp...
    If am not getting state of the art hardware and a state of the art app store, then I should at least get a good price.

Could someone explain me, why people argue in favour of an overpriced device?

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 01:02 AM
    Explain me!

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 01:36 AM
    No, you don't know what you're talking about. You don't compare the post VAT price, you compare the pre vat price for both.

Obviously a 19% tax rate will end up with a higher final price than an 11% rate. You're not going to prove much like that.

Posted via CB10
    You know, to compare the post VAT prices, is kind of the point, if I live in a country that has a high VAT and high taxes as a whole...

Apart from that, it really is no mystery, that the USA have better prices, especially on electronics and cars, for example, even if I use the pre-VAT-added prices.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 01:38 AM
    Btw, have you guys read the reviews for the Q5?

Unisono, the tone was:
    Nice device, but faaar to expensive for what it can offer.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 01:48 AM
    Question? If a new BB7 device and the Aristo are the 4th and 5th devices that BlackBerry will release in 2013. Will there be a 6th?

I thought in the recent earnings report they said 6 devices a year will be released.

The PlayBook is dead, long live the PlayBook!
    07-05-13 02:18 AM
    Your reading comprehension skills are as bad as ever.

I am talking about the right price, for the specs.
    If the phone is priced accordingly to its subpar specs, there is nothing to complain about (except BlackBerry's inability to make a real flagship phone)

If the phone costs 650$ with the rumoured specs, and doesn't offer something unique and useful, then yes, I am telling you that it will have a hard time to compete

That can't be hard to grasp...
    If am not getting state of the art hardware and a state of the art app store, then I should at least get a good price.

Could someone explain me, why people argue in favour of an overpriced device?

Posted via CB10
    Hey,

You are the one arguing with yourself. Go back through all my postings and I have only been discussing that there is no need for 1080p. I am pretty sure I never said a thing about pricing.
    07-05-13 05:05 AM
    Hey,

You are the one arguing with yourself. Go back through all my postings and I have only been discussing that there is no need for 1080p. I am pretty sure I never said a thing about pricing.
    I asked you a number of times, how you would justify a high price tag for the A10.
    You replied to that.

To repeat it again:
    The subpar display, is another symptom of BlackBerry's pricing problem, as a whole.
    They could never implement one, but then they have to give an ever lower price in the future, because the better display, is still a part of a high-end device.

And no high-end device this year, with a screen bigger than 4,5 inches will launch without a 1080p display. Not even from the chinese no name manufacturers.

So you are still wrong.
    Just because of the principle of feature parity, a full hd screen would be necessary.
    Not even talking about the rest.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 06:36 AM
    I asked you a number of times, how you would justify a high price tag for the A10.
    You replied to that.
    I replied saying that 1080 isn't required. It still isn't. Please show a post where I said that they should lower, raise or keep the price they charge the same. If I didn't mention those elements, then I didn't talk about price.
    07-05-13 06:39 AM
    I replied saying that 1080 isn't required. It still isn't. Please show a post where I said that they should lower, raise or keep the price they charge the same. If I didn't mention those elements, then I didn't talk about price.
    You said that the price tag, similarly to the one of the competition, somewhere in the 600$ realm, is justified if they use a bigger battery.

Are you kidding me?

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 07:02 AM
    You said that the price tag, similarly to the one of the competition, somewhere in the 600$ realm, is justified if they use a bigger battery.

Are you kidding me?

Posted via CB10
    Are you kidding me? Please show me where I quoted any price? The battery was a "what if question". I did comment that long battery life is very important to the smartphone user and that given the same battery, a 720 screen will use less power resources than a 1080 one.

You are putting words in my mouth. You gotta stop believing your own snake oil.

But then again, you said that you were "done" with this.
    07-05-13 07:09 AM
    Are you kidding me? Please show me where I quoted any price? The battery was a "what if question". I did comment that long battery life is very important to the smartphone user and that given the same battery, a 720 screen will use less power resources than a 1080 one.

You are putting words in my mouth. You gotta stop believing your own snake oil.

But then again, you said that you were "done" with this.
    The what if question, presupposes a baseline of a price.

The A10 costs the same as the S4, but it has better battery life and uses a 720p display.
    In this scenario, you stated, that under these circumstances, the price would be justified.

It means:
    1) That you said how high the price should be.
    2) And if it should be higher/lower/equal compared to the competition.

So, no, there is no need in putting words in your mouth, you said it yourself.

And I also answered, that it would still be overpriced.

You even used the upcoming/rumoured Motorola device, with a giant battery to compare it to the A10, whithout noticing that the article you linked to, talked about a mid-range phone, that will have the price of a mid-range device.

Also, what should be of note, is that the Samsung S4 has twice the battery life of the Z10, even though it uses a bigger 1080p display...

Therefore again:
    You talked about the price. Being a what if scenario, doesn't change that.

I am done with wanting a 1080p display in the A10 because it won't happen.
    Wanting an adjusted price, that fits a mid-range device, is another subject, that is linked with the display the A10 will actually use.

The current rumoured specs, if they will be implemented, will make the A10 automatically a mid-range device.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 07:35 AM
    The what if question, presupposes a baseline of a price.

The A10 costs the same as the S4, but it has better battery life and uses a 720p display.
    In this scenario, you stated, that under these circumstances, the price would be justified.

It means:
    1) That you said how high the price should be.
    2) And if it should be higher/lower/equal compared to the competition.

So, no, there is no need in putting words in your mouth, you said it yourself.

And I also answered, that it would still be overpriced.

You even used the upcoming/rumoured Motorola device, with a giant battery to compare it to the A10, whithout noticing that the article you linked to, talked about a mid-range phone, that will have the price of a mid-range device.

Also, what should be of note, is that the Samsung S4 has twice the battery life of the Z10, even though it uses a bigger 1080p display...

Therefore again:
    You talked about the price. Being a what if scenario, doesn't change that.

I am done with wanting a 1080p display in the A10 because it won't happen.
    Wanting an adjusted price, that fits a mid-range device, is another subject, that is linked with the display the A10 will actually use.

The current rumoured specs, if they will be implemented, will make the A10 automatically a mid-range device.

Posted via CB10
    You assume too much. If I don't mention price, then don't think that I did. The Motorola device was to point out that not all upcoming devices are going to have 1080 which you stated is going to be the industry standard. I pointed out that the industry doesn't think the same as you. Whether it be low/mid or top range, 1080 isn't the industry standard yet.

Since you are now saying that the A10 won't have 1080, then I hope you are done, because the only thing I wanted was to have it 720 because it isn't an improvement for the consumer and it will use more battery and fragment BB10 app development.

And I even brought up that IF all the specs are better than what others are offering except that it has 720p, will it be considered a top end phone. You never did answer that one. Note: I didn't mention anything about price, but you can assume anything you want. You are good at that.
    07-05-13 07:47 AM
    You assume too much. If I don't mention price, then don't think that I did. The Motorola device was to point out that not all upcoming devices are going to have 1080 which you stated is going to be the industry standard. I pointed out that the industry doesn't think the same as you. Whether it be low/mid or top range, 1080 isn't the industry standard yet.

Since you are now saying that the A10 won't have 1080, then I hope you are done, because the only thing I wanted was to have it 720 because it isn't an improvement for the consumer and it will use more battery and fragment BB10 app development.

And I even brought up that IF all the specs are better than what others are offering except that it has 720p, will it be considered a top end phone. You never did answer that one. Note: I didn't mention anything about price, but you can assume anything you want. You are good at that.
    There is no need for assuming.

When you make a comparison, like you did, in the what if scenario, you automatically make a statement about the price.

You also didn't understand, that I was always talking about flagship devices, apparently.
    Every high end flagship phone will use such a display.
    (Even Chinese mid-range manufacturers will use one.
    http://www.engadget.com/2013/06/18/tcl-idol-x-s950/ )

1080p is an improvement for the consumer, because of a number of reasons already stated before. Compare the display of the S3 with the one of the S4.
    If you don't see a difference, your optometrist is waiting for you.

Under your last premise, the A10 would still be overpriced, as I already said before.
    This is not what feature parity is about.
    The display would still be subpar, an equal price compared to the competition would not be justified.

Plain and simply:
    Your reading comprehension sucks.

Can you buy an Android Flagship without 1080p?

Did you compare, in a what if scenario, how a high price tag for the A10 would be justified?

Did I say, that the A10 will be a midrange device, as long as the rumoured specs hold true?

If the first is a "no" and the 2 other ones, are a "yes", then you should work on your reading comprehension skills.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 07:52 AM
    There is no need for assuming.

When you make a comparison, like you did, in the what if scenario, you automatically make a statement about price.

You also didn't understand, that I was always talking about flagship devices, apparently.
    Every high end flagship phone will use such a display.
    (Even Chinese mid-range manufacturers will use one.
    TCL launches 5-inch 1080p Idol X (S950) smartphone with 6.99mm thickness, ultra-thin bezel )

1080p is an improvement for the consumer, because of a number of reasons already stated before. Compare the display of the S3 with the one of the S4.
    If you don't see a difference, your optometrist is waiting for you.

Under your last premise, the A10 would still be overpriced, as I already said before.
    This is not what feature parity is about.
    The display would still be subpar, an equal price compared to the competition would not be justified.

Plain and simply:
    Your reading comprehension sucks.

Posted via CB10
    You are funny and sad at the same time. If the A10 beat the specs of every category except it has a 720 screen and the same price, it wouldn't be justified? That shows that you don't have a clue to what is of value to the consumer and what isn't. More RAM (a value), more storage (a value), more processor (a value), more OS features (a value), a larger battery (a value), a screen resolution that doesn't give much more screen space, makes web pages harder to read, uses more battery, pixels cannot be seen by someone with 20/20 vision (not a value). And yet, you still say it won't be justified even if it has the same price.

BTW: I doubt you will find an optometrist that will agree that someone with 20/20 can see the difference. I talked to mine last night and he agrees with me. Plus there are many articles about ppi density and what the human eye can see. They all agree that anything more than about 250 ppi , the pixels cannot be seen from the proper reading distance.

My reading comprehension is just fine, I can read the studies about ppi density and the human eye. Maybe you should try reading them again.
    07-05-13 08:06 AM
    You are funny and sad at the same time. If the A10 beat the specs of every category except it has a 720 screen and the same price, it wouldn't be justified? That shows that you don't have a clue to what is of value to the consumer and what isn't. More RAM (a value), more storage (a value), more processor (a value), more OS features (a value), a larger battery (a value), a screen resolution that doesn't give much more screen space, makes web pages harder to read, uses more battery, pixels cannot be seen by someone with 20/20 vision (not a value). And yet, you still say it won't be justified even if it has the same price.

BTW: I doubt you will find an optometrist that will agree that someone with 20/20 can see the difference. I talked to mine last night and he agrees with me. Plus there are many articles about ppi density and what the human eye can see. They all agree that anything more than about 250 ppi , the pixels cannot be seen from the proper reading distance.

My reading comprehension is just fine, I can read the studies about ppi density and the human eye. Maybe you should try reading them again.
    So I guess the Z10 resolution was too much. Maybe it should have been 800x600, since its screen is smaller than Aristo. Funny thing is, a lot of reviews I saw praised the resolution and the screen.

"The resolution is too high"... said no one ever.
    07-05-13 11:10 AM
    So I guess the Z10 resolution was too much. Maybe it should have been 800x600, since its screen is smaller than Aristo. Funny thing is, a lot of reviews I saw praised the resolution and the screen.

"The resolution is too high"... said no one ever.
    That is being silly. The reason for 720p is that it is by definition HD. 720p is perfect for a small screen size.
    07-05-13 01:04 PM
    I like Pie.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 02:28 PM
    Wow so many pages for this???
    Simply texhnology is suppose to advance forward having said that they should have a 1080p screen and maybe even 4gigs of ram.
    As far as so called developers i dont listen to them especially when you consider that of the 800,000 app in apple's store more than half of them have never been downloaded.
    So it matters little what a dev thinks and no offense to the developers out there but the fact is the consumer majes or brakes a product.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 08:45 PM
    So it matters little what a dev thinks and no offense to the developers out there but the fact is the consumer majes or brakes a product.

Posted via CB10
    So why is everybody asking where the apps like Netflix instagram etc are? Oh, right, cos devs have to make them.

I think u need both devs and customers in a healthy mix. Too little of either and you'll have problems.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 08:48 PM

ANY

resolution that is not 1280X768 or 720X720 is going to fragment app development because those are currently the only two resolutions of BlackBerry 10 devices. Even 1280X720
    07-05-13 09:57 PM
    So why is everybody asking where the apps like Netflix instagram etc are? Oh, right, cos devs have to make them.

I think u need both devs and customers in a healthy mix. Too little of either and you'll have problems.

Posted via CB10
    Totally agree i guess what i was getting at was that BlackBerry needs to make some hardware decisions independant of developers because devs will vary widely on what they want/need or think will be best.
    To make these types of decisions they need to look at the market trends and that means look at what is currently the most advanced features hardware software wise and determine what is a good fit for their mobile computing platform.

Posted via CB10
    07-05-13 10:06 PM
    I know they can't call it superAmoled but similar screen tech would be awesome

Posted via CB10
    07-06-13 03:13 PM
523 ... 192021