It's not inconceivable that the A10 could come out with a 1080p screen because the final specs have yet to be announced; and no one has seen or touched an alpha or beta model yet.

Yeah yeah they promised the developers 720p only yada yada... use some common sense instead of nitpicking for things to get angry at. this isn't an insurmountable obstacle.

Some posters in this thread have stated that there is distortion and blurring associated with scaling from 720p to 1080p.

This is not exactly true: there is no distortion scaling between 720 and 1080 in either direction. There will be very slight blurring going from 720p to 1080p... on a 5 inches device you'd have to be touching the screen with your nose to see it.

Some posters in this thread have also stated that there is no scaler. All you have to do is plug in your micro HDMI cable to see that is absolutely false. The currently released bb10 devices can already output 1080p.

All BlackBerry needs to promise is limit the number of screen ratios to developed for to 1:1 and 1.7:1. It just makes more sense implement something scalable.

This way apps written for the q10 will scale to work on a future Q phone with 1080x1080 screens.
    Last edited by Sarcasm Detector; 06-24-13 at 01:39 PM.
    bb10_fan likes this.
    06-24-13 12:36 PM

To tell the people in the comments that they don't need a 1080p display and that they are all idiots.
    A big number of CB users want to see that

Posted via CB10
    That comment is idiotic. I bet the average BlackBerry user would be just fine with a 720p display. Build quality and continuing improvement of the bb10 OS is more important to most BlackBerry users.

Kick'n it with my Z10. #BB10believe
    06-24-13 10:58 PM
    It will not have 4GB of RAM

What is a 16GB front camera? You mean the rumored 12MP rear camera? Probably just an okay module and nothing unique or special about it. BlackBerry isn't exactly known for industry leading cameras.

Big battery is going to be smaller then the one in the Galaxy S4 if rumored specs are accurate. The AMOLED screen will help with power consumption though as no need for a constant backlight.

Quad core yes. But, not a 2013 quad core chip. So it's already been purchased by BlackBerry from Qualcomm's bargain bin liquidation sale of old stock.

So yeah, the people saying that the phone will be priced to high have a valid argument. Would you pay the same today for an HTC ONE X from 2012 that you would for an HTC ONE from 2013?

Or, would you buy an Ivy Bridge 3rd gen Intel Core Processor system now for the same price as you would a Haswell 4th generation model?

You probably wouldn't. So, that being the case, and BlackBerry world not having Candy Crush Saga yet, means consumers aren't going to be to keen to spend $700+ on a new BlackBerry A10 that is barely up to par with late 2012 phones and can't hold a candle to current 2013 phones let alone the stuff that will be contemporary to the A10 this November.

But the real question is, since you're a "Developer", will you continue to develop for BlackBerry if the A10 is an abysmal failure thanks to BlackBerry trying to please you instead of the consumers who will actually be rejecting this phone in droves? Or, do you think it would be better if BlackBerry built a phone that was forward thinking, competitive in it's class and actually stood a chance of sales people not pushing customers away from it?

Typical scenario this holiday season:

Customer walks into store hearing BlackBerry has new phone. Sales person says 'yeah, but it's junk you should really be looking at...'

But thank heavens BlackBerry didn't go and upset Bluenoser63 and do something foolish like put a 1080P snake oil coated screen on the phone so that he will keep making apps for the platform.

Like it or not, BlackBerry does not exist in a vacuum and will have to compete with other products on the market. So it doesn't matter what you think of 1080P on a small screen. It matters that if it doesn't have it, Katie at Verizon will tell Jane customer not to buy the phone. If Jane doesn't buy the phone, that's one less person that you could have sold an app to Bluenoser63. Now consider that same scenario played out 20 million times and you're losing potential revenue and BlackBerry is losing sales.
    BlackBerry doesn't need to do spec races on processors or other useless hardware bs that has no real user value. The Z10 is already smoother than the S4 with a dual core vs a dual quad core or octacore...Seriously, an octacore with that OS. Anyway my point is BlackBerry needs to focus on apps and optimizing the OS. Spec wars with no added value are yesterday's news. They will increasingly fail going forward. Katie and Jane are catching on.

Posted via CB10
    06-24-13 11:08 PM
    It's not inconceivable that the A10 could come out with a 1080p screen because the final specs have yet to be announced; and no one has seen or touched an alpha or beta model yet.

Yeah yeah they promised the developers 720p only yada yada... use some common sense instead of nitpicking for things to get angry at. this isn't an insurmountable obstacle.

Some posters in this thread have stated that there is distortion and blurring associated with scaling from 720p to 1080p.

This is not exactly true: there is no distortion scaling between 720 and 1080 in either direction. There will be very slight blurring going from 720p to 1080p... on a 5 inches device you'd have to be touching the screen with your nose to see it.

Some posters in this thread have also stated that there is no scaler. All you have to do is plug in your micro HDMI cable to see that is absolutely false. The currently released bb10 devices can already output 1080p.

All BlackBerry needs to promise is limit the number of screen ratios to developed for to 1:1 and 1.7:1. It just makes more sense implement something scalable.

This way apps written for the q10 will scale to work on a future Q phone with 1080x1080 screens.
    Have you actually written apps for BB10? Your statements show that you have little or no experience in programming.
    06-25-13 06:01 AM
    BlackBerry doesn't need to do spec races on processors or other useless hardware bs that has no real user value. The Z10 is already smoother than the S4 with a dual core vs a dual quad core or octacore...Seriously, an octacore with that OS. Anyway my point is BlackBerry needs to focus on apps and optimizing the OS. Spec wars with no added value are yesterday's news. They will increasingly fail going forward. Katie and Jane are catching on.

Posted via CB10
    Very true, Samsung had to scale back production of the S4 after the initial "love" of the device. Now people are waking up and it isn't the glowing device that people initially thought.
    06-25-13 06:03 AM

Posted via CB10
    I do not disagree fully...

But the average BlackBerry user until now, used keyboards, and "loved" an OS that needed battery pulls.

I am not sure though, if the average BlackBerry user, should be used as a benchmark, if we are talking about a phone that is clearly and directly aimed at people that had a flagship Android in mind.

The new Nokia EOS, will have a superb camera to differentiate itself from the Android crowd, and this is also why the phone can be sold for a premium price.

It's all about the price here and it's great that BlackBerry has margins of about 40% on their phones, but if they want to compete against big screened, flagship Android devices, BlackBerry needs to offer more value for the $$$ than the competition can provide...

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 06:20 AM
    Very true, Samsung had to scale back production of the S4 after the initial "love" of the device. Now people are waking up and it isn't the glowing device that people initially thought.
    And this exactly proves what, that is linked to BlackBerry?

That people WANT worse specs than the S4 has to offer?

You can't even try to imply that...

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 06:31 AM
    And this exactly proves what, that is linked to BlackBerry?

That people WANT worse specs than the S4 has to offer?

You can't even try to imply that...

Posted via CB10
    He didn't even try to imply that. He DID try to imply that ultimate specs didn't seem to make people drool all over their face

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    06-25-13 06:48 AM
    He didn't even try to imply that. He DID try to imply that ultimate specs didn't seem to make people drool all over their face

STL 100-1 10.1.0.273
    It still sold better than the S3 did in a comparable time frame, so this is kind of a useless point...

And the S4 is a bad example for that, because the biggest proof would be the iPhone.
    But they started the whole Touchscreen trend, and do not make bigger screend devices.

One could even say, that the iPhone doesn't really compete against these Android phones, as people wanting plastic and specs over metal and the iPhone experience will buy an Android anyway.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 07:07 AM
    Have you actually written apps for BB10? Your statements show that you have little or no experience in programming.
    Do you know what an Ad Hominem is?

It seems that your main argument in this thread is: "you are not a programmer, I'm a programmer. "

I don't think you realize that is a logical fallacy... in other words every time you use this argument you are basically saying: "I'm too ignorant to debate logically so I'll just throw around some personal insults instead."

Let me make it crystal clear for you; every time you've tried to insult somebody in this thread you've been admitting that you've been wrong. So until you learn to debate without personal attacks: SHUT THE FRONT DOOR ON YOUR WAY OUT.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 10:46 AM

It seems that your main argument in this thread is: "you are not a programmer, I'm a programmer. "

I don't think you realize that is a logical fallacy... in other words every time you use this argument you are basically saying: "I'm too ignorant to debate logically so I'll just throw around some personal insults instead."

Let me make it crystal clear for you; every time you've tried to insult somebody in this thread you've been admitting that you've been wrong. So until you learn to debate without personal attacks: SHUT THE FRONT DOOR ON YOUR WAY OUT.

Posted via CB10
    Well, yes and no.

It is rather considered a:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_authority
    And a
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignoratio_elenchi
    As well as a
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non_sequitur_(logic)

An argument from authority can be right, even though the person saying it doesn't understand the meaning herself.

In itself, an argument from authority isn't always wrong.
    Combined with the so called "non-sequitur and ignoratio elenchi", it becomes an incredibly big fallacy.

So yes, what Bluenoser63 is committing a fallacy, but not solely because of the reasons you gave us.

(the same actually goes for an ad hominem. A person can be rude as eff, but can still be right. The combination of fallacies is what is important.)

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 11:27 AM
    Well, yes and no.

It is rather considered a:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Argument_from_authority
    And a
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ignoratio_elenchi
    As well as a
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Non_sequitur_(logic)

An argument from authority can be right, even though the person saying it doesn't understand the meaning herself.

In itself, an argument from authority isn't always wrong.
    Combined with the so called "non-sequitur and ignoratio elenchi", it becomes an incredibly big fallacy.

So yes, what Bluenoser63 is committing a fallacy, but not solely because of the reasons you gave us.

(the same actually goes for an ad hominem. A person can be rude as eff, but can still be right. The combination of fallacies is what is important.)

Posted via CB10
    You get +500 XP, +500 GP, and +5 on Meta skill for smiting the troll with your +1 Sword of Hair Splitting. :lol:

Bluenoser63 is attacking your credibility (have you even...) before asserting his own credibility (I know this so you can't...).

It's still an Ad Hominem regardless of whatever specific fallacy he used.

Posted via CB10
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    06-25-13 02:03 PM

Posted via CB10
    I only ask if they are a programmer when they talk about how easy it would be to develop for another resolution. If they haven't tried, then how do they know if it would be easy or not? Do you know how easy it would be? To debate whether or not it would be easy to program for another resolution when they are not a programmer is akin to debating on how easy it is to fly a 747 when they only have driven cars. You need to be informed about the topic before making your statements.

Instead of that, you are the one throwing insults towards me saying that I am too ignorant to debate. And then you feel you have the power to decide if I can be on this forum. I won't sink to your level.
    06-25-13 02:27 PM
    I only ask if they are a programmer when they talk about how easy it would be to develop for another resolution. If they haven't tried, then how do they know if it would be easy or not? Do you know how easy it would be? To debate whether or not it would be easy to program for another resolution when they are not a programmer is akin to debating on how easy it is to fly a 747 when they only have driven cars. You need to be informed about the topic before making your statements.

Instead of that, you are the one throwing insults towards me saying that I am too ignorant to debate. And then you feel you have the power to decide if I can be on this forum. I won't sink to your level.
    So, since I work in market research, and you don't, as well as the fact that what you are saying in a lot of cases is wrong, I guess I should just answer you: "You're not working in market research!!!!!!"?

As was said in another thread:
    I am not in the market for an Android, but if I wouldn't really care, what my next phone will be, the situation is as follows:
    BlackBerry is losing on the App front and on the spec front, therefore also on the experience front.

So for me, I have no need in knowing how to code, I need to understand what the average consumer is thinking.

And in the US for example, where BlackBerry's footprint has been reduced to under 3%, and BlackBerry tries to fight back against the Samsung S4 or the HTC One, having an experience that is worse, having an app selection that is worse and having specs, that are worse, is definitely a situation that is not desirable.

But because you are a dev, you like it that BlackBerry is consistent with 720p displays even though you do not even publish apps for BBW, which in itself is kind of ironic.

In any case, the consumer has to ask himself why he should give BlackBerry more money, for having less...
    The problem only arises, because BlackBerry wants to directly compete against 5 inch Androids, for the same price.

But here it comes again:
    If consumers have the choice between 2 goods, for the same price, and 1 of these goods outperforms the other one significantly, than the choice has already been made.

And you being a dev, not having any idea about market research, will not change that, only because you do not want to work more for an app that supports 1080p.

That's the problem here.
    You try to tell me things about consumer preferences, even though you clearly do not understand them yourself.

Oh, btw, are you an optometrist?
    The way you talk about the human eye and PPI seems to indicate that.

Your inability of interpreting the data correctly, you yourself have provided, considering this theme, seem to indicate otherwise.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 04:32 PM
    But because you are a dev, you like it that BlackBerry is consistent with 720p displays even though you do not even publish apps for BBW, which in itself is kind of ironic.
    Jokes on you. I have a Red LEZ10. Think about that for a sec.

Oh, btw, are you an optometrist? The way you talk about the human eye and PPI seems to indicate that.
    No. But I have talked to a couple to get the facts. You see, I take the time to learn about things before I discuss them. Have you actually taken the time to learn about how programming works in BB10 devices? Or even take the time to listen to a programmer? Oh wait, you refuse to list to me so I answered my last question myself.

Your inability of interpreting the data correctly, you yourself have provided, considering this theme, seem to indicate otherwise
    What data is that, you haven't provided any that shows that 1080p (the only hardware spec that I have talked about) is a bigger factor in purchaing a smartphone when compared to app availability. I have shown you links about programming to prove my case and you still don't want to listen to anything other than your own spin. How very open minded of you.
    06-25-13 07:00 PM
    Jokes on you. I have a Red LEZ10. Think about that for a sec.
    You admitted yourself that you haven't published any app and that you have no plans to do it, the last time you talked about your apps.

So either you lied back then, or:
    The joke is on you.

No. But I have talked to a couple to get the facts. You see, I take the time to learn about things before I discuss them. Have you actually taken the time to learn about how programming works in BB10 devices? Or even take the time to listen to a programmer? Oh wait, you refuse to list to me so I answered my last question myself.
    I worked with devs together to publish apps, where I gave them the idea, and they made the app.

This was a paid past-time until very recently.
    I guess I talked a lot with devs...

And this is where you fail again, and also fail completely to understand what people are telling you:

This is about consumer preferences, not devs.
    The consumer already decided.

What data is that, you haven't provided any that shows that 1080p (the only hardware spec that I have talked about) is a bigger factor in purchaing a smartphone when compared to app availability. I have shown you links about programming to prove my case and you still don't want to listen to anything other than your own spin. How very open minded of you.
    The links you provided either explain nothing considering our current theme, or prove my point.

Remember this link?
    http://arstechnica.com/gadgets/2012/...ssibly-matter/
    The answer is yes, even in the link.

Remember this link?
    http://www.displaymate.com/Galaxy_S4_ShootOut_1.htm
    The Display on the S4 is on a completely different level, compared to the one in the S3.

This is what I mean, with your inability to understand the data provided.
    The 1080p display is better in every regard (except power consumption, which is a non issue, as the S4 outlasts the Z10 by 100% considering battery life), and yes, the difference does matter&can be seen.

It was written black on white, in both links, that you used yourself, without understanding that you make my point.

The question about app availability is a strawman here, what you still fail to realise.
    If I want apps and a Big Screen with good specs, I'll go with an Android anyway.
    If apps are an issue, the vast majority of these people will not go with a BlackBerry for the forseeable future, no matter what happens.

This is proven by Androids marketshare, and its flagship devices, leading, considering sales, in a lot of different countries.

The proof, for people caring about specs even more than Apps, was proven by Android Flagships of this year, because Specs are the only difference between the S3 and the S4 or the HTC One x+ and the HTC One.

If people wouldn't care about specs, they wouldn't buy the expensive flagship devices.

Only because you don't understand the proof, doesn't mean it is not there.

The conclusion is pretty easy:
    You fail to realise, that the majority of devs will only jump on the BB10 wagon, if a userbase exists that would make the app development profitable and the opportunity costs, for ignoring another app project on another platform aren't too big.

The majority of consumers, concerned about apps, will not go with BB10 in quite some time, and the poeple concerned about specs aren't either.

So BlackBerry either makes the A10 very affordable, pushing the Z10 back into an entry/mid-range device and making the A10 the mid-range device, or they give the A10 the specs a flagship has to have.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by MarsupilamiX; 06-25-13 at 08:26 PM.
    06-25-13 08:03 PM
    Everybody understanding a little about the consumer will know that you are wrong, and haven't understood the situation BlackBerry is in, at all.

I also haven't seen someone arguing in favour of milking the consumer that much, in a very long time.
    The last time I think, it was while talking with someone who bought the OG iPhone.

The A10 will not offer anything, that mandates a high price, neither the specs, nor the apps.
    As a shareholder, I love BlackBerry's insulting/obscene margins, of 40% on the new devices.

As a consumer, paying full price for hardware from 1 and a half years ago, is not high on my list of wishes, if I do not gain something for it (no, battery life isn't it, Motorola already tried it).

The same goes for a vast majority of consumers.

If I buy an iPhone or an iPad, I get something else than specs for my money.
    An ecosystem, the best build quality in the industry, and incredibly good service in the Apple store.

The same goes for Android, but there you get specs over build quality, and the possibility to customise your experience.
    You want a small screen? A big screen? Good specs/normal specs? Good battery life? Costless apps/paid apps?
    You can decide how your experience will be like.

You even get something when you pay full price for a Nokia Lumia.
    They have the undisputed best camera that you can buy in a mobile phone even though the rest of the specs are an anachronism as well, but they will at least support 1080p officially with next year.
    Oh, btw, Nokia's margins are only at about 20%, half of BlackBerry's.
    They aren't milking the consumer nearly as much as Apple or BlackBerry.

And then we have our A10, going out for the same price as the competition, but having less of everything.
    Less apps, less specs, less experience, less build quality and a camera that is worse.

Following your train of thought, this is the best situation BlackBerry could be in?
    Care to share your bottle of kool-aid?

Btw, I am done here, you can have the last word if you want to, as you clearly don't want to face reality, then so shall be it.

Posted via CB10
    Last edited by MarsupilamiX; 06-25-13 at 09:29 PM.
    06-25-13 08:25 PM
    No, because it also has lower resolution. He was referring to two phones with the same resolution and different screen size.

Posted via CB10
    You shouldn't put words in someone's mouth. And I have yet to see a Z10 without a yellow-tint.

Idk just taking guesses is all. Since the Z packs 355ppi maybe the A10 can pack the same? Maybe even 400?

Z10? Why yes it is.
    06-25-13 08:27 PM

Posted via CB10
    Oh yeah? Sales people are catching on to the value of BlackBerry huh? Do a quick search of these very forums to see how many threads with dozens of pages each of poor experiences BlackBerry customers have received trying to buy BB10 phones.

Maybe those things don't matter to the average BlackBerry customer. The A10 however, isn't targeting the average BlackBerry customer. The A10 is targeting the average ANDROID customer and the iPhone customers looking for a big screen on their next phone.

The problem as others have mentioned is, what is the value proposition to those customers?

Buying Apple or Android phones gets you the accompanying ecosystems and services. BlackBerry - no Candy Crush Saga yet, and until the day that big apps like the aforementioned example get launched in BB World on the same day as on iOS App Store, there is no value there.

Build quality? Well, a few Android OEMs focus on Quality and Apple is known for fit and finish. BlackBerry has a solid rep for quality and a good rep for reception. But not enough to pass off a woefully outdated phone for $700

BlackBerry 10 still has a few rough edges and a few missing features and ALLOT of missing apps. It's not the experience that is going to win over to many people vs other phones in that price range. It's all about the value proposition of this product.

The Q10 and Q5 can sell for inflated prices because those ARE targeted at BlackBerry customers who want the BlackBerry Keyboard. There is only BlackBerry to choose from if you want the BlackBerry keyboard.

There is other choices in the 5" all touch smartphone category that have MUCH better value proposition to customers and much larger ecosystems to support them.

BlackBerry has to put out the RIGHT products for the target market segments and I think the A10 is going to be a huge miss.
    MarsupilamiX likes this.
    06-25-13 09:14 PM
    Everybody understanding a little about the consumer will know that you are wrong, and haven't understood the situation BlackBerry is in, at all.

I also haven't seen someone arguing in favour of milking the consumer that much, in a very long time.
    The last time I think, it was while talking with someone who bought the OG iPhone.

The A10 will not offer anything, that mandates a high price, neither the specs, nor the apps.
    As a shareholder, I love BlackBerry's insulting/obscene margins, of 40% on the new devices.

As a consumer, paying full price for hardware from 1 and a half years ago, is not high on my list of wishes, if I do not gain something for it (no, battery life isn't it, Motorola already tried it).

The same goes for a vast majority of consumers.

If I buy an iPhone or an iPad, I get something else than specs for my money.
    An ecosystem, the best build quality in the industry, and incredibly good service in the Apple store.

The same goes for Android, but there you get specs over build quality, and the possibility to customise your experience.
    You want a small screen? A big screen? Good specs/normal specs? Good battery life? Costless apps/paid apps?
    You can decide how your experience will be like.

You even get something when you pay full price for a Nokia Lumia.
    They have the undisputed best camera that you can buy in a mobile phone even though the rest of the specs are an anachronism as well, but they will at least support 1080p officially with next year.
    Oh, btw, Nokia's margins are only at about 20%, half of BlackBerry's.
    They aren't milking the consumer nearly as much as Apple or BlackBerry.

And then we have our A10, going out for the same price as the competition, but having less of everything.
    Less apps, less specs, less experience, less build quality and a camera that is worse.

Following your train of thought, this is the best situation BlackBerry could be in?
    Care to share your bottle of kool-aid?

Btw, I am done here, you can have the last word if you want to, as you clearly don't want to face reality, then so shall be it.

Posted via CB10
    Man. You seem to get your panties in a knot because of me not wanting to push away developers and not use 1080 over 720 which the average person will not notice any difference. One minor spec which only Android devices are pushing at the moment. Not going 720 isn't going to kill Blackberry or make the A10 a "milking the customer product". If the A10 is on par with all the other devices in specs other than 1080, it is not a cheap device. Get a grip and stop believing your own snake oil.
    06-25-13 09:47 PM
    Oh yeah? Sales people are catching on to the value of BlackBerry huh? Do a quick search of these very forums to see how many threads with dozens of pages each of poor experiences BlackBerry customers have received trying to buy BB10 phones.

Maybe those things don't matter to the average BlackBerry customer. The A10 however, isn't targeting the average BlackBerry customer. The A10 is targeting the average ANDROID customer and the iPhone customers looking for a big screen on their next phone.

The problem as others have mentioned is, what is the value proposition to those customers?

Buying Apple or Android phones gets you the accompanying ecosystems and services. BlackBerry - no Candy Crush Saga yet, and until the day that big apps like the aforementioned example get launched in BB World on the same day as on iOS App Store, there is no value there.

Build quality? Well, a few Android OEMs focus on Quality and Apple is known for fit and finish. BlackBerry has a solid rep for quality and a good rep for reception. But not enough to pass off a woefully outdated phone for $700

BlackBerry 10 still has a few rough edges and a few missing features and ALLOT of missing apps. It's not the experience that is going to win over to many people vs other phones in that price range. It's all about the value proposition of this product.

The Q10 and Q5 can sell for inflated prices because those ARE targeted at BlackBerry customers who want the BlackBerry Keyboard. There is only BlackBerry to choose from if you want the BlackBerry keyboard.

There is other choices in the 5" all touch smartphone category that have MUCH better value proposition to customers and much larger ecosystems to support them.

BlackBerry has to put out the RIGHT products for the target market segments and I think the A10 is going to be a huge miss.
    How do you know where the A10 is targeted? Did BB say anything publicly? Or are you just playing armchair CMO?
    06-25-13 09:49 PM
    How do you know where the A10 is targeted? Did BB say anything publicly? Or are you just playing armchair CMO?
    It surely won't be aimed at people loving the Curve, and certainly not at people loving 3,5 inch phones from Apple.

Primary targets will be:
    1)
    BlackBerry converts,having gone to bigger screened, all-touch Android devices, without the wish of going back to physical keyboards.

2)
    People in the market with a clear tendency to devices with big screens.
    (This may include former Apple users as well)

As was said before:
    Only because you don't understand/see the evidence, it doesn't mean that other people can't...

If one of us is an armchair *insert acronym here*, it would be you.
    06-25-13 10:04 PM
    It surely won't be aimed at people loving the Curve, and certainly not at people loving 3,5 inch phones from Apple.

Primary targets will be:
    1)
    BlackBerry converts,having gone to bigger screened, all-touch Android devices, without the wish of going back to physical keyboards.

2)
    People in the market with a clear tendency to devices with big screens.
    (This may include former Apple users as well)

As was said before:
    Only because you don't understand/see the evidence, it doesn't mean that other people can't...

If one of us is an armchair *insert acronym here*, it would be you.
    I thought you were done here. BTW: Where are all your market research numbers to prove 1 and 2? Answer: You made them up since you are a spin doctor.
    06-25-13 11:13 PM
    You shouldn't put words in someone's mouth. And I have yet to see a Z10 without a yellow-tint.
    Sorry, I'm not sure if you understood what I was saying. He was comparing the A10 with a (possible) screen size of 4.6 inches and the S3 with a 4.8 inch screen, both with a resolution of 720 X 1280 .

Posted via CB10
    Well I think the ppi on the A10 would be higher, given that it's smaller than the 4.8 s3 screen.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    And...my Z10 does not have a yellow tint.
    Like I've said, it did at the beginning but the first update fixed it.
    06-25-13 11:29 PM
    I thought you were done here. BTW: Where are all your market research numbers to prove 1 and 2? Answer: You made them up since you are a spin doctor.
    I am done with the discussion about the resolution.
    This is here is another theme.

The Q5/Q10 is for the keyboard crowd, therefore they are not part of the core target segment of the A10.

People liking small screens, can't be the target segment as well, since the A10 has a big screen.

For Phablet users, the screen size is too small though.

We now factor in, the current market trends with sale numbers of the competition and the past BlackBerry core audience, to then look at the A10 again.

Through the process of elimination, we can therefore safely say, who will and who won't be part of the target audience.

This is so simple and logical, that I really have to wonder, how one can struggle with that.

Pro tip:
    the screen size by itself, is already a big indicator at whom the device will be aimed at.

A 5 inch touchscreen device for a price between something like 600 and 700$, will not be aimed at a 200$ Curve buyer and it won't be aimed at the consumer who loves his 3.5 inch iPhone 4s, thinking that the 4 inch screen on the iPhone 5 is comparable to heresy.

Through price and screensize, the audience the A10 will be aimed at, becomes self evident.

Posted via CB10
    06-25-13 11:38 PM
523 ... 1617181920 ...