Sorry but this is a pretty ignorant post. The Z's screen is up to par, 356ppi put that on 100% brightness and you got yourself a damn good display.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    No it isn't. How can you say it's ignorant because he wants to look at a better screen? Like I've been saying, compare the Z10s screen to the iPhone 5, the Z10 is a downgrade and a huge one at that. You can't fault someone for wanting a more pleasing screen, I mean that is what he's gonna be looking at every time he uses the phone. Blackberry is turning out to be a disappointment. How can you have the engine of a BMW M5 under the hood of a Pontiac Aztek ...
    06-14-13 02:39 PM
    When did I ask him for a screen shot? Are you talking about weeks, ago when he was accusing everyone in under the sun of never having used a Dev Alpha without offering any proof that he himself had?

Like I said, thank god everyone at BlackBerry was wrong. They are ignorantly eating into their own margins by wastefully equipping every single commercial BlackBerry 10 device with more ram than needed, but I'm happy they are doing it.
    Why are you so angry? Like I mentioned, it would be smart to make sure you have enough RAM for future developments in the next two or three years. 2GB RAM was smart. BUT, I have been using my 1GB Q10 for everyday use and development and it works great. Will it work with BB11.0? Who knows, it may not be, but all those BB10s with 2GB are ready. You did ask me for screenshots of the Q10 memory use, I posted them as you call them fake. Like I mentioned, you don't have one with the current version so you really shouldn't talk about things you have no experience with.
    06-14-13 02:39 PM
    No it isn't. How can you say it's ignorant because he wants to look at a better screen? Like I've been saying, compare the Z10s screen to the iPhone 5, the Z10 is a downgrade and a huge one at that. You can't fault someone for wanting a more pleasing screen, I mean that is what he's gonna be looking at every time he uses the phone. Blackberry is turning out to be a disappointment. How can you have the engine of a BMW M5 under the hood of a Pontiac Aztek ...
    SO a screen with 1136-by-640-pixel resolution at 326 ppi is better looking than one with 1280 x 768 resolution at 356ppi?
    06-14-13 02:42 PM
    Why are you so angry? Like I mentioned, it would be smart to make sure you have enough RAM for future developments in the next two or three years. 2GB RAM was smart. BUT, I have been using my 1GB Q10 for everyday use and development and it works great. Will it work with BB11.0? Who knows, it may not be, but all those BB10s with 2GB are ready. You did ask me for screenshots of the Q10 memory use, I posted them as you call them fake. Like I mentioned, you don't have one with the current version so you really shouldn't talk about things you have no experience with.
    I'm not angry. What is funny is we both said it has the same functionality. This is part of a post from me in this thread:

Just the OS and the hub with a few email accounts is enough to use up the 1gb of ram. Leaving no ram for apps. With no email accounts syncing in the hub, I was able to run between 2 and 4 apps without problems. Depending on the apps I was running of course. -

Why did you ignore that? I said it before you even entered this thread. You are also saying you are able to run 4 apps without lagging. That is awesome, but is it functioning properly? I wouldn't say so. When functioning properly, I have no problem running up to 8 apps with my BlackBerry 10 device. Something I'm sure you agree isn't possible with a Dev Alpha A or B with only 1GB of ram.

See, we actually agree on how it will run. You just keep saying running 4 apps is working fine, when obviously, BlackBerry intended for us to be able to do more than that.
    06-14-13 02:43 PM
    SO a screen with 1136-by-640-pixel resolution at 326 ppi is better looking than one with 1280 x 768 resolution at 356ppi?
    You beat me to that one. Why do people post this stuff.
    06-14-13 02:43 PM
    I'm not angry. What is funny is we both said it has the same functionality. This is a post from me in this thread:

Just the OS and the hub with a few email accounts is enough to use up the 1gb of ram. Leaving no ram for apps. With no email accounts syncing in the hub, I was able to run between 2 and 4 apps without problems. Depending on the apps I was running of course. -

You are also saying you are able to run 4 apps without lagging. That is awesome, but is it functioning properly? I wouldn't say so. When functioning properly, I have no problem running up to 8 apps with my BlackBerry 10 device. Something I'm sure you agree isn't possible with a Dev Alpha A or B with only 1GB of ram.

See, we actually agree, you just keep saying running 4 apps is working fine, when obviously, BlackBerry intended for us to be able to do more than that.
    Why can't you understand about memory management? OS's use what is available to them. The more the RAM, then the more cache or memory an app will use. I am using the Q10 like the average user would and it runs just great. Get over it. You don't have a 1GB BB10 device using the latest optimized software. So you don't know what you are talking about.
    06-14-13 02:48 PM
    Why can't you understand about memory management? OS's use what is available to them. The more the RAM, then the more cache or memory an app will use. I am using the Q10 like the average user would and it runs just great. Get over it. You don't have a 1GB BB10 device using the latest optimized software. So you don't know what you are talking about.
    SEE! You ignored everything I posted once again! Lol

I'm done, you win haha
    06-14-13 02:50 PM
    Just the OS and the hub with a few email accounts is enough to use up the 1gb of ram. Leaving no ram for apps.
    The screenshot I posted was the hub with email accounts and it only used 600MB. So QNX looks at the available memory and allocates what it wants depending on the amount of available. No different than most OS's. I bet that if there was 4GB or RAM, it would use about 1.5 to 1.75 GB of RAM. Why is that so hard to understand?
    06-14-13 02:53 PM
    SEE! You ignored everything I posted once again! Lol

I'm done, you win haha
    Funny from someone who has ignored everything I posted including screenshots.
    06-14-13 02:54 PM
    That's what I'm saying -___-

Z10? Why yes it is.
    06-14-13 03:01 PM
    In this case, yes.

A10 to have a 720x1280 Resolution-1362500902.jpg

Obviously though, the problem has to do with the colors they're using and maybe quality of the LCD. No reason why it should have that yellow-tint and be dark even at its brightest setting.
    06-14-13 03:19 PM
    1) A 1080p screen would need some work for us devs

2)BlackBerry 10 runs fine with 1GB of RAM, but early builts had their problems - to get BlackBerry 10 faster out BlackBerry have chosen 2GB. Even if your BlackBerry uses 1GB+, it says nothing as there could be old data on your RAM or data that can be cached, but this would cost a little power, so if there is enough space - the OS is 'lacy'

3) iPhone screen shows clearly that every 300ppi screen can look fantastic - but you need a good display - not a lot of pixels.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 03:29 PM
    In this case, yes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1362500902.jpg 
Views:	404 
Size:	24.1 KB 
ID:	172158

Obviously though, the problem has to do with the colors they're using and maybe quality of the LCD. No reason why it should have that yellow-tint and be dark even at its brightest setting.
    In the picture on the left you can clearly see that the angle of the phone and the lighting are causing a reflection.
    Also my Z10 has a much brighter screen than both phones in both pictures, even when not on full brightness.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 03:30 PM
    I'm not sure why people are acting surprised. Blackberry told the world ages ago that all 2013 phones will stick to the two resolutions set by the Z10 and Q10.
    perhaps it isn't, but, what will be surprising is when Blackberry charge top dollar for the mid-range hardware as they did with the Z10.
    06-14-13 04:12 PM
    I cannot believe the argument that has been raging over optimal RAM size for Blackberry 10.
    Sometimes one needs to put away blind fanboyism and use common sense. If BB10 could run very well on 1GB RAM, there's no way in hell that BlackBerry would have put 2GB RAM in the Q5.
    06-14-13 04:44 PM
    iPhone 5 screen is reputed to have better color accuracy (one of the best in the market, certainly) and is brighter than the Z10.
    06-14-13 04:46 PM
    In this case, yes.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1362500902.jpg 
Views:	404 
Size:	24.1 KB 
ID:	172158

Idk what Z10 you're looking at but mine on 100% is supernova bright, have you personally used a Z?

Z10? Why yes it is.
    06-14-13 05:00 PM
    iPhone 5 screen is reputed to have better color accuracy (one of the best in the market, certainly) and is brighter than the Z10.
    I don't think most of you have even picked up a Z and did a side by side with an i5, i have multiple times at my job and my Z blows the iphone brightness and sharpness level.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    06-14-13 05:01 PM
    I cannot believe the argument that has been raging over optimal RAM size for Blackberry 10.
    Sometimes one needs to put away blind fanboyism and use common sense. If BB10 could run very well on 1GB RAM, there's no way in hell that BlackBerry would have put 2GB RAM in the Q5.
    You can call people names if you want. He clearly proved 1 GB to be sufficient on the latest software. Have you used the software he used? His argument makes sense and given he produced images of his Q10 running on 1 GB I think you might be the one choosing not to see.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 06:10 PM
    If A10 has a 720p screen. It better be the best damn screen I ever seen.
    06-14-13 07:33 PM
    No, I think it looks phenomenal. I said in my post that I personally don't care about the difference between 720p and 1080p screens on my phone. What I care about is how how reviewers write about the new device. The Z10 was knocked a bit for its specs and I just don't want to see the same happen to this device.

Posted via CB10
    Stupid argument.

Of course you can see the difference between 720P and 1080P on ANY screen. Why? Because the smaller the pixels, the more objects you can fit on a screen at once. So if you can tell the difference between say 20 and 30 objects, you can tell the difference between a lower resolution and a higher one without needing to bust out the magnifying glass to see the individual pixels.

But it's not even about NEEDING a 1080P screen on a 5" phone. It's about market trends. It's about meeting consumer expectations for the demographic that you are targeting the product at.

ANY 5" phone is targeting Android phones like the Galaxy S 4, Sony Xperia Z/ZL/ZU, Moto X, HTC ONE etc. Every single one has a 1080P screen.

Would you want to show up late to a party only to find out when you get there it is a Black Tie affair an no one informed you so you wore a polo shirt?

That's the position BlackBerry is going to put themselves in.

Top that off with an extremely hard earned reputation of being behind the times with their hardware and the BlackBerry A10 will be slaughtered in the market.

We know the screen is going to be Pentile AMOLED so we know it will look ok but not great. We know the camera will be also ok but probably worse then every other phone in it's class. We know that at BEST it will have a Snapdragon 600 series SOC when 800 series phones will be plentiful. So the specs will be at the low end of the pack that it hopes to compete with and yet you can bet that BlackBerry will charge more for it.
    bekkay and mithrazor like this.
    06-14-13 08:00 PM
    I don't know why this was posted. We already know from BB that all future devices will be 720 x 1280.

https://developer.blackberry.com/cas...ces/index.html

https://developer.blackberry.com/dev...een_sizes.html

People complain that there are no apps. Just makes every device a different screen resolution and watch the developers ditch making apps for it. I am already trying to struggle with three. At least the 720 and 1280 is common and BB has said to pad the left and right sides of your apps on the Z10 (768) size with blank space to make it act like 720.
    Ya, but ....
    1280x720 X 1.5 = 1920x1080

Old apps would scale perfectly to 1080p. Apps could be still written for 1280x720. Some apps like Netflix though, could go 1080p.

as a business, they need to move to 1080p
    06-14-13 08:03 PM
    To be honest I think the size of the z10 is the best, from my point of view I think they should be concentrating on making other versions of the z series, better versions with less bugs and believe me those who stayed with BlackBerry all that time with it small screens, can handle a good qwerty and good full touch perfect size screens, all what BlackBerry community about is quality and performance not size like Samsung Fans or fancy complicated things like apple fans, just saying.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 08:08 PM
    defensive much ? and if you read my post a gpu is not mentioned....is it ?

I think instead of saying "incredibly good" you meant to say magical and without fault
    This is pathetic...

You said yourself:
    if any phone is knocked for its specs it should be the iphone 5 dual core 1.2 gig (correct me if I'm wrong) and 1 gig of ram.
    And clearly talked about specs in general.
    The GPU in the iPhone has more power than the Z10's, by a far margin.

It's also pretty obvious that the only one who is defensive here, is yourself.

You are unable to admit that the Z10 has his weaknesses, and you apparently have no idea about my past device history or my other thoughts about BB10.
    (Small hint: I had a 9810 and have a PlayBook, but please, keep trolling)

What also has to be said, is that Apple's success speaks for itself and your attempt to downplay that, with a useless fanboy post, writing it because it hurts your pride to admit that fact, may be funny, but ridiculous.

Posted via CB10
    06-14-13 10:15 PM
    Ya, but ....
    1280x720 X 1.5 = 1920x1080

Old apps would scale perfectly to 1080p. Apps could be still written for 1280x720. Some apps like Netflix though, could go 1080p.

as a business, they need to move to 1080p
    Almost the smartest comment so far in this thread. Would have been better with this equation:

1280/720 = 1920/1080

If you have a decent scaler then you can have 1080 phone with apps written for 720 and not be able to tell the difference.

It's entirely possible for the A10 to come with 1080p screen resolution.

Posted via CB10
    bekkay likes this.
    06-14-13 10:18 PM
523 ... 45678 ...