I see 0 demand for this product. I mean 0.

If they can't sell a z10, this one is doa.

Only Q line going forward with very limited demand for flat screens....go see the pile of z10s on our balance sheet waiting to be written down.
    fedakd likes this.
    06-30-13 03:49 AM
    How do you know all this?

Posted via Z10
    Last edited by ray689; 06-30-13 at 11:16 AM.
    06-30-13 03:51 AM
    i will get one...so they got atleast 1 sold!
    06-30-13 04:59 AM
    I have 4 friends waiting for a big screen BB10 phone.

My Tech-Fleet: Q10; Z10; PlayBook; Surface Pro; Xbox 360; HP TouchPad; iPod Touch 5
    06-30-13 09:16 AM
    I fail to see your reasoning here. A bigger screen (which MANY people desire), a better experience, and specs that actually compete with top tier phones being released today. Android users love specs and it has the potential to turn a few of their heads.
    06-30-13 09:23 AM
    I fail to see your reasoning here. A bigger screen (which MANY people desire), a better experience, and specs that actually compete with top tier phones being released today. Android users love specs and it has the potential to turn a few of their heads.
    The only heads it will turn are from the BB faithful. Bigger screen and better specs mean nothing if the ecosystem can't compete.

Android users can get top-notch specs TODAY with a MUCH better ecosystem. I fail to see why they would drop that just to have the same specs but with an embarrassingly small ecosystem.
    jaymars and richardat like this.
    06-30-13 09:39 AM
    By the time the A10 comes out BlackBerry world would have way more apps especially with 10.2 in the midst. It has a bigger screen, that alone makes it a more attractive choice than the Z. We haven't even seen how it's gonna look like, so stop jumping the gun.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    06-30-13 09:56 AM

ditto
    06-30-13 11:00 AM
    Maybe minimal interest to those on a fan forum but to the consumer it would be a big deal indeed since right now you can count the number of five inch phones on one hand ( sony,samsung,lg...)

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 02:59 PM
    The bigger problem is that BlackBerry will be stupid and price it along the lines of the GNIII, Xperia Z Ultra, and other upcoming large screen (5"+) HIGH END phones. If they bust another Z10, and release a phone with last year's specs, and try to charge this year's flagship (phablet category) prices, then it will fail miserably.
    06-30-13 03:38 PM
    A BB10 device with a screen size similar to the S4 will sell better than the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 03:56 PM
    A BB10 device with a screen size similar to the S4 will sell better than the Z10.

Posted via CB10
    Not if it's priced the same as the Galaxy Note 3
    06-30-13 04:02 PM
    Make that 2!
    06-30-13 04:06 PM
    The only heads it will turn are from the BB faithful. Bigger screen and better specs mean nothing if the ecosystem can't compete.

Android users can get top-notch specs TODAY with a MUCH better ecosystem. I fail to see why they would drop that just to have the same specs but with an embarrassingly small ecosystem.

You're absolutely right...but thats why I said turn their heads. I don't see people switching to BB10 like that until the ecosystem is much better but a device like the Aristo could help their image a little
    06-30-13 05:52 PM
    I somewhat agree...though if they are able to execute an effective marketing plan for BB10 overall between now and then, and they strengthen developer buy-in (from the big players), they have a chance. The product will be great, the challenge is getting people to know that it even exists.
    06-30-13 05:58 PM

By the time the A10 comes out there will be much more apps.

Z10? Why yes it is.
    06-30-13 06:39 PM
    Make that 2!
    I saw another post. Getting 2 more here. That's demand for 5 now.

Guess that makes the OP wrong

5 does not equal 0

Posted via CB from my LE
    LazyEvul likes this.
    06-30-13 06:48 PM
    6 now

Posted via CB10
    06-30-13 07:15 PM
    The bigger problem is that BlackBerry will be stupid and price it along the lines of the GNIII, Xperia Z Ultra, and other upcoming large screen (5"+) HIGH END phones. If they bust another Z10, and release a phone with last year's specs, and try to charge this year's flagship (phablet category) prices, then it will fail miserably.
    I kind of agree there...

This is also what I fear:
    That they will price it far too high.

Posted via CB10
    h20work likes this.
    06-30-13 08:45 PM
    He's right guys...

BlackBerry's inventory grew by approx $250M. Assuming a build-of-materials cost of approx $220 on the Z10, and we might have in excess of 1M+ Z10s sitting on the balance sheet. Anyone care to guess what happened when excess playbooks were made. Yep, just as Mike states, they were written down. Hope this isn't the case with the Z10s...

I see 0 demand for this product. I mean 0.

If they can't sell a z10, this one is doa.

Only Q line going forward with very limited demand for flat screens....go see the pile of z10s on our balance sheet waiting to be written down.
    07-01-13 12:41 AM
    Listen man bb10 is around 1k geekbench score per core. The best Android, s4 is like 800 HTC one, is 700, with most current quads getting 600.

This means a quad core BlackBerry with only the same efficiency as current gen bb10 will knock android out.

Of course, these processors are one year old facing current year android.

If android performance improvement is any indication, than the a10 hitting 2k per core would have it matching desktop processors from 2010!

I doubt it though, 1500 per core would mean core 2 quad or phenom ii. If they add a hit of customization a huge droid dev migration will follow; as they go where the power is.

Posted via CB10 Khalistan Zindabad
    07-01-13 12:57 AM
    Do people really care about 'specs' no. If they did no would why bb10 s as they old processors and lag on specs. Out side of tech enthusiast specs are no longer competitive differentiators,

Does anyone care for quad core turbo Samsung s4? Really?
    07-01-13 03:21 AM
    One more A10 sale from me! I'm budgeting for something pricey....
    07-01-13 10:24 AM
    By the time the A10 comes out there will be much more apps.
    You keep saying that. While it's conceivable that there might be a surprise or two between now and when the A10 is released, I'm afraid what you see now is what you're going to get. Certainly, few if any devs are going to start bringing new apps to BB10, and those with existing non-BB10 apps have less incentive than ever to bring those apps over.
    richardat likes this.
    07-01-13 11:45 AM
    The problem I see is that the people saying they will buy the A10 are already BB users and read this site. And even if former BB users were to be the saviors of BB, the current 70+ million didn't all upgrade their phones to Z's or Q's. For BB to be successful, the "average Joe" off the street has to wander into the cell phone store and decide to give it a chance. This person isn't going to care about QNX, peek, flow, gestures, etc. These are just the icing on the cake but accomplish the same basic tasks as other functions on other platforms. They are nice, but at the end of the day, I don't think they will sway most customers. It will come down to whether the phone can do all the things this person wants it to do. And unfortunately, that includes apps. And I don't think most people are going to research and find out you can sideload apps or even be willing to when you can get a phone where the apps you want just work. So, I am hoping that the upgraded OS along with apps, bigger screen, and hopefully some new marketing will help the A10 sell. I am a big BB fan and love my Q10, but the market doesn't seem to like BB so far.
    07-01-13 01:27 PM
35 12