anyone going to get it? or willing to pay that price for oversize z10?
    09-18-13 11:41 AM
    anyone going to get it? or willing to pay that price for oversize z10?
    Sigh...I wonder how many times this has to be said...

The retailer came up with that price. Not BlackBerry. They are just trying to make money off the people that want the device before everybody else...

Blackberry is selling it for RM1998 in Malaysia and Hong Kong; which is about 380 Pounds. So the Carriers will probably charge around 449-499 Pounds SIM free.

People, please use your brains before complaining about things like this.
    09-18-13 11:48 AM
    Some people will which is why they set so high. Expect a price drop when other carriers have it. Remember that's a pre -order price.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 11:49 AM

The retailer came up with that price. Not BlackBerry. They are just trying to make money off the people that want the device before everybody else...

Blackberry is selling it for RM1998 in Malaysia and Hong Kong; which is about 380 Pounds. So the Carriers will probably charge around 449-499 Pounds SIM free.

People, please use your brains before complaining about things like this.
    what this got to do with use your brain? trying to belittle me so you seem smarter on the internet? i just read what i read. you act like i know there is another price for it.
    nquyen and sanjk1 like this.
    09-18-13 11:52 AM
    As with the Z10, the price will come down after a few months. I bought my Z10 last month for half its launch price

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 11:56 AM
    How much was the Z launch price?

It's fairly or even cheaper than most of the same sized screen devices out there.

Or you can always wait for a price drop.

But in general, cell phones are priced way to highly.
    09-18-13 11:56 AM
    what this got to do with use your brain? trying to belittle me so you seem smarter on the internet? i just read what i read. you act like i know there is another price for it.
    Since you know that it was announced that it will cost RM1998 and a retail line like Selfridges which is an Up-market retailer, will obviously charge a ridiculous amount for an exclusive; it is logic...hence, the brain.

I am acting like there is another price for it BECAUSE THERE IS. The Selfridges price is a two-week UK exclusive so they can charge a stupid amount for people to get it early.

Let's not be petty here. I was just sick of people complaining about what is obviously an exclusive pricing scheme by a stupidly expensive fashion retailer. I've treated you no differently from the other people I've seen complaining about this.
    09-18-13 11:59 AM
    How much was the Z launch price?

It's fairly or even cheaper than most of the same sized screen devices out there.

Or you can always wait for a price drop.

But in general, cell phones are priced way to highly.
    Well the Z10 launched in Malaysia at ~RM2300 (~$700) and the Z30 is launching at RM1998 (~$620) so it is cheaper at launch.
    09-18-13 12:01 PM

What difference does it make who set the price. The question was whether anyone is going to pay THAT particular price. The OP was not complaining about anything, just asking a really simple to understand question.
    09-18-13 12:02 PM
    What difference does it make who set the price. The question was whether anyone is going to pay THAT particular price. The OP was not complaining about anything, just asking a really simple to understand question.
    It seemed that he was complaining about the price being �600 for "an oversized z10". Otherwise he wouldn't have started a thread about this.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting the situation but his post was just an inflammatory question without much objective weight behind it...so I got annoyed.

It seemed more like a post to start an argument/hate-spree against BB so I wanted to set the record straight.

I'm sorry if I came off like a d**k. I will leave this thread since my sleep-deprivation seems to have made me cranky.

Though, here is the article: http://www.malaysianwireless.com/201...lusive-celcom/

I was following the event and it was relayed by N4BB as BB announced the pricing.

Sure, the �600 is a ridiculous price and no, I would never pay that for a phone...regardless who made it.
    amazinglygraceless likes this.
    09-18-13 12:15 PM
    Thought the UK price for the Z30 was gonna be $630 = 420 so where has the 600 quid come from?

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 12:16 PM
    Thought the UK price for the Z30 was gonna be $630 = 420 so where has the 600 quid come from?

Posted via CB10
    Selfridges have a two-week exclusive deal on the device where you can get it before the official release but only if you pay their high price tag.
    09-18-13 12:22 PM
    600 is nothing....

I think I bought a windows mobile phone from HP in 2009 for 500... and this one is way better.

600 gbp?

1 wheel + tyre

600 gbp is really not that much

I'm not allowed to post my pin in my signature anymore...
    09-18-13 12:27 PM
    that is one heavy cell phone lol
    09-18-13 12:44 PM
    Good luck to those that are willing to pay an inflated Selfridges price but personally I'll hang ten until the device is available in Carphone Warehouse at the normal announced price.

Posted via CB10
    Nharzhool likes this.
    09-18-13 12:45 PM
    If you guys think that this phone is expensive... buy a porsche design

09-18-13 12:45 PM
    Since you know that it was announced that it will cost RM1998 and a retail line like Selfridges which is an Up-market retailer, will obviously charge a ridiculous amount for an exclusive; it is logic...hence, the brain.

I am acting like there is another price for it BECAUSE THERE IS. The Selfridges price is a two-week UK exclusive so they can charge a stupid amount for people to get it early.

Let's not be petty here. I was just sick of people complaining about what is obviously an exclusive pricing scheme by a stupidly expensive fashion retailer. I've treated you no differently from the other people I've seen complaining about this.
    how the hell do you know what i know? you think i knwo the price is RM1998? i just saw one pic saying its 600pounds and ppl in forum saying that. apparently you know exactly what i know and you know im refusing to use my brain.

maybe you should use your brain before coming to such stupid conclusion
    09-18-13 01:18 PM
    600 is nothing....

I think I bought a windows mobile phone from HP in 2009 for 500... and this one is way better.

600 gbp?

1 wheel + tyre

600 gbp is really not that much

That's almost $1000 USD! Not everyone has that kind of money to blow.

Posted via CB10
    09-18-13 01:32 PM
    It seemed that he was complaining about the price being �600 for "an oversized z10". Otherwise he wouldn't have started a thread about this.

Maybe I'm misinterpreting the situation but his post was just an inflammatory question without much objective weight behind it...so I got annoyed.

It seemed more like a post to start an argument/hate-spree against BB so I wanted to set the record straight.
    It's all good, I just think you may have overreacted. Happens to all of us from time to time Get some rest, and some fiber
    Nharzhool likes this.
    09-18-13 01:38 PM
    how the hell do you know what i know? you think i knwo the price is RM1998? i just saw one pic saying its 600pounds and ppl in forum saying that. apparently you know exactly what i know and you know im refusing to use my brain.

haha Didn't you know? I know everything...especially what other people think. ;-)

Look, I'm sorry for seeming like a complete kn*b-wrangler. I just figured that if you had seen that pic in the forums, it had been shortly followed by the corrections which I figured you would have seen as well.

Either way, no need to take it like a personal attack when someone is being an a** like I was.

I'm sorry, but just chill out and be more level-headed when dealing with terrible people like me. :-P

Though it doesn't hurt to check things out around your source. ;-)
    09-18-13 02:46 PM

you saw one pics and you troll everywhere , jumping on the roof ... if you don't agree with the price just don't buy it. You are comic than thoose Samsung fanBoy kids against Apple user .

Buy your self a life
    09-19-13 01:47 AM
    I got the Z10 in the UK on launch day (Jan 31st) for 485 Pounds (off contract/SIM free. I think they call this "pay as you go" in the UK).
    Expect the Z30 to be priced at 449-499 Pounds. Surely not at 600....
    09-19-13 01:59 AM
    but now price for z10 is 259gbp at carphonewarehouse unlocked
    and imho not worth this money ..
    so 600gbp for z30 is 2x to much

never will pay for it 400 when released waste monney

then willbe same stor what z10 6month after release price dorp 60%
    and ppl from US what paid for z10 1k gbp on relase date funy

and OS ....
    now begin usable after 7month hehe
    I wish it is. Price at CW back to around 350gbp now.

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 02:13 AM
    I wish it is. Price at CW back to around 350gbp now.

Posted via CB10
    Wanted to buy one for my dad when the price is low... but I guess it shows that there is enough demand for them to push the price up now!

Posted via CB10
    09-19-13 02:34 AM
    Since I'm keeping my Q as my everyday device, I can wait it out several months to pick up a Z30 at my price. I really will want this come April 2014 when the MLB season starts. I can't bare to watch another year of MLB.TV on my Q10 screen.

Subscribe to Tri County Catering and Party Idea Channel. Pin #C00123065
    09-19-13 02:41 AM